Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money (83652 Views)

5 Lucrative Business Opportunities In Abuja / 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 / Here Are Top 13 Good Business Ideas To Start In A Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 3:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
wilsonl:

You are very right. Many people don't want to take a risk of starting their own business and end up taking the risk of being fired at work.
but have you thought of the fact that many people don't even have a dime talk more of thinking of starting up something?
Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by yungthug: 3:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
wilsonl:
In the beginning stages of business in Nigeria, it only takes courage and persistence to create money. This belief that you first need money to make money makes you a victim and gives you no way out. There are many lucrative business you can start in Nigeria with less or no money needed.

Here is the List of Businesses you can start in Nigeria with less Money:

1. Manufacturing:

People often think that for you to start manufacturing anything that you have to have much money. I have a friend who started manufacturing paint with less than 800,000 Naira and today he has advanced. Manufacturing in Nigeria needs determination and understanding your target market. It is a very lucrative business. Below are some things you can start manufacturing with less money:

Paint
Bar Soap
Paving Stone

Most of the small machines you need to start are being sold for less than 1,000 dollars and anyone can acquire it and rent a little space of store. When you start recording success then you expand.

2. Snail Farming:

Snail farming is very easy to start and you don’t need up to 100,000 Naira to start this business. Snail is very expensive in the restaurants and yet very easy to start. You can get some snails for free at the bushes and one snail lays about 300-500 eggs. They mainly eat grasses such as spinach…It is very easy to start and require less money. I will still discuss more about this particular business in the near future.

3. Dry Cleaning:

This is a very good business to start with less money. Easy to start and easy to run the business. All you need is a rented store, one washing machine, 2 pressing iron, water storage and other minor things with at least one or 2 workers. Note: Know how to wash the cloths and iron it neatly and your customers will keep on coming and recommending you to others.

4. Web Designing:

It is relatively very easy to start designing a website if you have knowledge about it. You can make so much money doing so and starting and running the business requires little or no capital as all you need is the knowledge. You need to learn how to host a website too.

5. Rental service:

This part of business is very lucrative considering the demand of rental products in Nigeria. From renting chairs and table, to dresses, cooking utensils, canopies, stores, spaces, etc… It requires little or no money to start as you can get some of the items from manufacturing at credit.

Source: http://www.enterpriseboom.com/top-19-lucrative-business-you-can-start-in-nigeria-with-less-money/
....bro u lied.......u nid heavy capital 4 rentals
Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by blakky97(m): 3:48pm On Apr 06, 2015
whack
Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by UMadara: 4:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
How come no one is mentioning Network Marketing?

There are a lot of Network Marketing Companies that you can join with less than 100k and grow your business and be successful.
Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by highrank(m): 4:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
ladys1:
How do one go abt dis snail farming; where do you get the snails,how do you build the cage and how do one monitor them. Will be glad to ve responses from experienced person. Am highly interested in dis biz
All your questions and others that related to them concerning the snail farming would be answered if u can join my whats' app. group free of charge on 08032315716.Other businesses mentioned here would be explained in detail as well.

1 Like

Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by Shininstar30(f): 4:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
lifestyle1:
Start footwear and fashion bracelet watch business. You can start with small capital. I started my business with less than 10k see result on my signature. ping me if you want to start something this year. No time.

What is signature and hw do I check it
Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by Paulpaulpaul(m): 5:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
eleko1:
Good post but unfortunately some peeps won't consider dis,they prefer to suffer their head's' waka about in the sun looking for white collar job.God bless U so much. cool wink smiley

You better swallow that poo you just vomited. Is 800,000 little money? And don't forget that the targets are fresh graduates with little or no financial backing.

I fell for one of those and I'm seriously regretting it. I coerce a friend into brick block making. We used all our savings on it. It later dawn on us that it takes more than reading blogs to do business.

2 Likes

Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by nairabetguru(m): 5:38pm On Apr 06, 2015
frisky2good:
Gambling is not a business. It is GAMBLING! That you make money from it does not turn it into a business.

Point of correction its not gambling..... Its called sports trading just as forex trading and stock trading

Life itself is a gamble....... "Uncertainties"

1 Like

Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by frisky2good(m): 6:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
Forex trading is also gambling because you are betting on the currency moving up or down and not actually buying any currency. That is not to say I am against anyone gambling (afterall, it's not my money).

nairabetguru:

Point of correction its not gambling..... Its called sports trading just as forex trading and stock trading

Life itself is a gamble....... "Uncertainties"
Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by UMadara: 6:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
Paulpaulpaul:

You better swallow that poo you just vomited. Is 800,000 little money? And don't forget that the targets are fresh graduates with little or no financial backing.

I fell for one of those and I'm seriously regretting it. I coerce a friend into brick block making. We used all our savings on it. It later dawn on us that it takes more than reading blogs to do business.

Wow... I can only imagine how you feel.

1 Like

Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by Pinkybush: 6:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
No idea on recharge card printing? I will like to know the DOs and DON'Ts in that area and how much it will cost to start.
Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by UMadara: 6:29pm On Apr 06, 2015
wilsonl:
In the beginning stages of business in Nigeria, it only takes courage and persistence to create money. This belief that you first need money to make money makes you a victim and gives you no way out. There are many lucrative business you can start in Nigeria with less or no money needed.

Here is the List of Businesses you can start in Nigeria with less Money:

1. Manufacturing:

People often think that for you to start manufacturing anything that you have to have much money. I have a friend who started manufacturing paint with less than 800,000 Naira and today he has advanced. Manufacturing in Nigeria needs determination and understanding your target market. It is a very lucrative business. Below are some things you can start manufacturing with less money:

Paint
Bar Soap
Paving Stone

Most of the small machines you need to start are being sold for less than 1,000 dollars and anyone can acquire it and rent a little space of store. When you start recording success then you expand.

Have you factored in overhead costs such as space to install the machine, maintenance, raw materials and what would make your product stand out?

2. Snail Farming:

Snail farming is very easy to start and you don’t need up to 100,000 Naira to start this business. Snail is very expensive in the restaurants and yet very easy to start. You can get some snails for free at the bushes and one snail lays about 300-500 eggs. They mainly eat grasses such as spinach…It is very easy to start and require less money. I will still discuss more about this particular business in the near future.

3. Dry Cleaning:

This is a very good business to start with less money. Easy to start and easy to run the business. All you need is a rented store, one washing machine, 2 pressing iron, water storage and other minor things with at least one or 2 workers. Note: Know how to wash the cloths and iron it neatly and your customers will keep on coming and recommending you to others.

This is a business that will thrive and break even based on referrals

4. Web Designing:

It is relatively very easy to start designing a website if you have knowledge about it. You can make so much money doing so and starting and running the business requires little or no capital as all you need is the knowledge. You need to learn how to host a website too.

Anyone can self study and design a website. Designing a website became a walk in the park thanks to Joomla, Wordpress etc.

5. Rental service:

This part of business is very lucrative considering the demand of rental products in Nigeria. From renting chairs and table, to dresses, cooking utensils, canopies, stores, spaces, etc… It requires little or no money to start as you can get some of the items from manufacturing at credit.

Where would you get the money to purchase some of the rental products you listed?

Source: http://www.enterpriseboom.com/top-19-lucrative-business-you-can-start-in-nigeria-with-less-money/

P.S I do not mean to be condescending or water down your post but i just want to point out some of the challenges and risks associated with the few options I have commented on. Tis either the capital is going to be a problem or the risks are.
Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by UMadara: 6:50pm On Apr 06, 2015
OP permit me to speak a little and expatiate on your post.

My first comment on this post was to ask why no one recommends Network Marketing. Basically Network Marketing is all about friends telling friends. When you recommend a product or service to another person you have done network marketing. Word of Mouth has and will always be the best form of advertisement. That's what the model is about and there are a lot companies today using this model, case in point Guaranty Trust Bank (http://www.gtbank.com/i-refer). You get paid 100 naira when you refer someone to open a GTB account even if the person is bringing 10 million naira.

There are companies that have seen the effectiveness of the model and have decided to employ it to move their products whilst enriching their loyal distributors. Yes a couple of companies have come out in the past and have abused the model. What you must understand is that Network Marketing is a business and not a get rich quick scheme that offers you residual income, low startup capital and miniumum risk. I have outlined some guidelines for choosing a network marketing company to work with incase your interested in it;

The Product/Service

- Do you like it?
- Is There A Need?
- Does the product meet that need?
- Is It Priced To Sell?
- Is It Priced For Profit?

The Company

- Is It Well Run?
- Do You Believe In The Management Team?

The Compensation Plan

- Can People Generate Income Quickly?
- Develop moderate part-time income in reasonable time?
- Possibility for Serious full-time income?

The Support

- Website
- Reporting Tool?
- Comprehensive Training?

Am a proud Network Marketing Professional and I would like to show you the opportunity if your interested. Look forward to your responses

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by GentleFrank(m): 6:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
Nice list. If you visit www.BusinessParrot.com today, you will get over 350+ profitable business ideas (online and offline) which you can easily set-up with little or no capital and start making money daily !
Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by cliper230(m): 7:01pm On Apr 06, 2015
joedejana:
Become a Yahoo boy....all u need is a laptop, brain and internet access wink
bros I tell u u can mk annum salary of nt less than 5m If u get head...after one yearu can start importantion and still be run street
Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by wilsonl: 7:14pm On Apr 06, 2015
UMadara:

P.S I do not mean to be condescending or water down your post but i just want to point out some of the challenges and risks associated with the few options I have commented on. Tis either the capital is going to be a problem or the risks are.

Business is full of challenging and risks but as an entrepreneur you must be willing to take calculated risks which will mostly pay off. Most people learn the idea to start a business but don't have the passion for that.They want to make profit in 6 months of a start or one year. It is only an investor can think of such and I usually advice those people to invest in stock exchange where they can invest their hot money. Business is an ideal thing to do and needs passion that drives you within to stand the joy and anger of it. There is always an opportunity for every business to turn over most especially in Nigeria that has a large market target and advantage.It means that anything you produce, people will be willing to patronize your product or service as much you are good at it.

I must commend yo for taking out time to read the post and willing to ask questions and I can guarantee you that it is the first step in being a entrepreneurship. You ask questions to get more answers and have knowledge. I have seen many people who gas the required money to start a business but knows nothing about the main aspect of business which is Management, Marketing and Accounting.They also fail to identify the functions of its management like planning, leading, organizing and controlling. They have no Knowledge in it and not willing to employ credible employees. This affect their business and after some while they close down with one reason or the other.

Getting to some of the question, where to get money. There are many ways one can source money, your savings, loan from friends or family but apart from this.If you don't have much savings then you can start another business that your savings can do having in mind that once you grow money then you will move to your main business idea. Another thing is you can bring your friends together who are willing to start a business or get employed. Donate equal amount of money and start a business with it by each person being the manager, marketer and the accountant or other thing. This will make you guys to be employed first and when you put more effort, you will be amazed at what result you will get. MIND you it is not a A GET RICH QUICK syndrome. Nigerian banks are willing to assist many business with loan but they are also afraid if their loan will be paid back. They don't enjoy to sell people property but they make more money when you pay interest for your loan. You will need effort to win the banks interest in securing a loan from them.There are some banks that give out loan easily now for SMES business as in line with the Government support for business. You can inquire about that.

I hope I ansqered some of your questions and please fee free to ask questions at all time.
Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by nairabetguru(m): 7:30pm On Apr 06, 2015
frisky2good:
Forex trading is also gambling because you are betting on the currency moving up or down and not actually buying any currency. That is not to say I am against anyone gambling (afterall, it's not my money).

Oga every bizness on earth has a risk factor attached to it being succesful
Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by wilsonl: 7:54pm On Apr 06, 2015
Ok Thanks.
Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by Kingsasian(m): 7:57pm On Apr 06, 2015
Condom shop??
Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by ijiini(m): 8:32pm On Apr 06, 2015
temzybabe:
... shey you'll be my friend sad
......lol....not jes friend...but bff#best friend forefa!!!!
Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by frisky2good(m): 8:37pm On Apr 06, 2015
I understand that very well but when the probability of success is not reasonably proportional to the probability of failure then it is for those that have the money to throw away. Any business that can gulp your entire capital in a few hours is too risky for starters. Like I said before, I am not against gambling. It's a matter of choice but in my own opinion, it should not be taken as a business. I play sportsbet though in case u get banker. smiley

nairabetguru:

Oga every bizness on earth has a risk factor attached to it being succesful
Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by wilsonl: 9:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
Try it out.
Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by nairabetguru(m): 9:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
frisky2good:
I understand that very well but when the probability of success is not reasonably proportional to the probability of failure then it is for those that have the money to throw away. Any business that can gulp your entire capital in a few hours is too risky for starters. Like I said before, I am not against gambling. It's a matter of choice but in my own opinion, it should not be taken as a business. I play sportsbet though in case u get banker. smiley

I see...... Seems u have burnt ur fingers b4 ryte?

But look @ the bright side of it.... U can triple ur capital in less dan 60mins while sportstrading...

Meanwhile I sell banker's @ a reasonable price...... See my signature for detialz....
Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by emmkid(m): 9:42pm On Apr 06, 2015
OP, you forgot one business phaa, tz also very LUCRATIVE ! ts Called STEALING !
Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by lawrenzoo: 9:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by emperoracro(m): 9:48pm On Apr 06, 2015
I am looking for a reliable business partner,i deal with
Agricultural products, i have a store and a bus for the business,
am working on expansion. ROI is between 7%-12% monthly. Pm
me, call or text me on WhatsApp on +2348136909187, pls i want
only serious and mature people. Thanks
CLOSED
Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by fanex: 10:19pm On Apr 06, 2015
[Go fond work guy man. U wan thirf from poor ppl again?quote author=Swaqwiz post=32398214]lol... ,meanwhile if you i'll like to start importing branded product like Samsung Galaxy S4 for N14, 000, Blackberry z10 For N15,000 And Even Marc Book Are Sold So Cheap Not To Talk About Blackberries For As Low has N4,500 And Much More visit my profile to know how to get started!.
[/quote]
Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by shirgles(m): 11:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
Please details on dis biz
Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by Akynzodeighbour(m): 12:04am On Apr 07, 2015
wilsonl:
6. Writing Articles:

This requires no money to start as long as you are a good writer. Some websites and blog pays people to write a great content article. Such website is Enterpriseboom which pays people that writes an article as guest post with some number of likes in the post. You will be going with some money starting from 3k and in a month you may make more than 30k.

7. Car Washing:

This is another good business that requires less capital. Rent out a space for a year and get all the required materials needed for car washing, waxing and shining. Hire few people that will do the job, advertise and make it conducive for people especially the waiting area where they sit and wait for their car to be washed.

8. Child care:

This has proven to be very lucrative and easy to start. If you know how to take care of kids very well then you can start this as many people usually drops their kids to these child takers before going to work. You can start with your own home which is almost free as anyone who brings their child will also provide the food or pay you separately for their food.

do you know of sites looking for writers?
Re: Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money by wilsonl: 4:20am On Apr 07, 2015
Akynzodeighbour:
do you know of sites looking for writers?

enterpriseboom and some other blogs pay for writers who writes meaningful and zero plagiarism and also you have to make sure that you won't share the article in another site as they will confirm before paying out or publishing it.

Your article about their niche must be very original using your own words. If you have a blogger, they welcome guest post also where your profile will be published and your blog site will be published also.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet Grasshoppers Seller Who Makes ₦20,000 To ₦30,000 Daily In Kaduna (Video) / Ebonyi Mall: The Largest Mall In Nigeria Almost Completed (Pics, Video) / “I Discovered Banana Island” Terry Waya Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.