Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,357 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3027650 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:16pm On Jul 22, 2016
LTGEN:

This war is not over yet.

The terrain in the north east right now, it's an added advantage for ambush for BHT.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:22pm On Jul 22, 2016
Tochex101:

Very sad news, anybody in the house with more info about how this happened?

No updates yet for now.

As you can see no pictures of all equipment and hardware captured frm BHT are being made public which is un-usual by the army public relations. But its just an ambush that made soldiers to go in different ways/direction, etc pray they all make it home in one piece.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:36pm On Jul 22, 2016
#NA INNOVATION ........ grin cool

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 22, 2016
bidexiii:
#NA INNOVATION ........ grin cool

I'm sure N.A mounts a recoiless rifle on this vehicle, hence it's roof has been removed.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:50pm On Jul 22, 2016
Henry240:

I'm sure N.A mounts a recoiless rifle on this vehicle, hence it's roof has been removed.

I was thinking the same also... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 8:41pm On Jul 22, 2016
@Oga henry and bidexii,any update about d reported military ambush.......?
I hope the military is certainly preparing for more of such in d coming weeks as the Bossa base attack has empowered BHT to sustain this war,I wud advice improved surveillance, Intel gathering and communication amongst bases.Base defense certainly has to be improved with advance spotters taking turns at further distances from the base to quickly detect BHT advance on their base also special teams for reinforcements should be kept on stand by day and night for quick deployment to distress call from bases in their AOR ,the AFSF using puma's should be ready for quick deployment as a blocking force to stop BHT reinforcements or from escaping,this is my little strategy I hope wud help to prevent a retrogression this prolonged war as it is said "Better safe than sorry".
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:03pm On Jul 22, 2016
cutievik:
@Oga henry and bidexii,any update about d reported military ambush.......?
I hope the military is certainly preparing for more of such in d coming weeks as the Bossa base attack has empowered BHT to sustain this war,I wud advice improved surveillance, Intel gathering and communication amongst bases.Base defense certainly has to be improved with advance spotters taking turns at further distances from the base to quickly detect BHT advance on their base also special teams for reinforcements should be kept on stand by day and night for quick deployment to distress call from bases in their AOR ,the AFSF using puma's should be ready for quick deployment as a blocking force to stop BHT reinforcements or from escaping,this is my little strategy I hope wud help to prevent a retrogression this prolonged war as it is said "Better safe than sorry".

No update so far, but all airforce assets should be on full alert to up port ground troops. Has we av rightly predicted the Bosso loot will sustain BHT for few months and the growing vegetation is also a perfect terrain for ambush. All base and station should be on full guard.

Any update, I will let u guys know in a gee fee.....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 22, 2016
bidexiii:

No update so far, but all airforce assets should be on full alert to up port ground troops. Has we av rightly predicted the Bosso loot will sustain BHT for few months and the growing vegetation is also a perfect terrain for ambush. All base and station should be on full guard.

Any update, I will let u guys know in a gee fee.....

Was there an ambush? Please post link.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Katyusha(m): 9:19pm On Jul 22, 2016
Ponder on this.....

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:19pm On Jul 22, 2016
Henry240:

Was there an ambush? Please post link.

It's on the Facebook, Twitter handle on e public relations handler Sk usman .

http://www.nta.ng/news/20160721-breaking-terrorists-makeshift-camps-destroyed-soldiers-ran-into-ambush-some-missing-in-action-19-soldiers-and-3-jtf-members-wounded/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:26pm On Jul 22, 2016
Peacekeeping: Nigerian Army Deploys Troops To Liberia

The Nigerian Army on Friday deployed another batch of 700 officers and soldiers to Liberia on a peacekeeping mission.

The troops received a 4-week special training in preparation for their induction into the United Nations Peacekeeping Mission in Liberia.

The troops had their passing out ceremony at the Nigerian Army Peacekeeping Centre, Jaji, Kaduna State, ahead of their departure to Liberia.

While addressing his men, the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant-General Tukur Buratai, warned them to avoid any act capable of tarnishing the image of the nation.

General Buratai, who was represented by the Chief of Training and Operations, Major General Hamza Umaru, also warned them that the Nigerian Army would not tolerate any act of cowardice or professional negligence while carrying out their operations in Liberia.

He advised the troops to abide by the Rules of Engagement, exhibit braveness as professionals and to also respect the cultural sensitivity of the people of Liberia.

He also reminded them of the United Nations’ zero tolerance for drug trafficking.

On his part, the Acting Commandant of Nigerian Army Peacekeeping Centre, Brigadier General Adamu Dauda, said that the special training received by the soldiers is meant to equip them with the requisite skills that will enable them operate effectively in Liberia.

He expressed confidence that the high level of enthusiasm and cohesion exhibited by the soldiers would reflect on their operational conduct.

The training, according to the authorities, is in line with the Nigerian Army Headquarters’ desire to ensure that troops receive the needed robust and theatre-specific pre-deployment training prior to their induction into peacekeeping missions.

The contingents are expected to depart to Liberia in a couple of days.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:29pm On Jul 22, 2016
Katyusha:
Ponder on this.....

Actually if you've watched the video, u will know that what they captured is far more than, what is illustrated on that diagram.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:36pm On Jul 22, 2016

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Daverytimes(m): 3:34am On Jul 23, 2016
bidexiii:
250 former Civilian-JTF members join Nigerian Army

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/207345-250-former-civilian-jtf-become-nigerian-soldiers-join-army.html

Good, after all this is over they should be brought into the Military because living them to live their lives as civilians will cause problems down the line.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:36am On Jul 23, 2016
NICE PAINTING..

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:56am On Jul 23, 2016
TEXT OF MEDIA BRIEFING BY MAJOR GENERAL LEO IRABOR THEATRE COMMANDER OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE TODAY FRIDAY 22ND JULY 2016 AT THE THEATRE COMMAND MEDIA CENTRE MAIDUGURI

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are gathered here today as part of the regular update on our activities in Operation LAFIYA DOLE.

Since our last meeting, the troops of Operation LAFIYA DOLE have conducted various operations against the Boko Haram Terrorists (BHT). Some of the major operations include the following:

Clearing Operation in MAFA LGA. On 25 Jun 16 at about 1700hrs, own troops at ZABARMARI in conjunction with CJTF conducted clearing operation at MASU YIWA, LADIN BUTA, FAZAKA, KESA GALA, TABLA, FAHINDE, SHIRORI, GIZINA, MASKA ARIBE and MASKA LAWANTI in MAFA LGA. During the operation, own troops encountered BHT at MASKA LAWANTI and successfully cleared the area. As a result, 2 BHT were killed and 2 others were wounded while many escaped with gunshot wounds. Two motorcycles were also destroyed. Sadly, a member of CJTF was killed in action, while a soldier and a policeman were wounded in action. They are responding to treatment in our hospital.

Clearing Patrol to NGOSHE and GAVA. On 28 Jun 16, own troops carried out clearing patrol to NGOSHE and GAVA villages. The troops encountered and killed many BHT on approaching NGOSHE. Sixteen civilians were rescued from NGOSHE. The equipment captured during the operation include one RPG 7 tube, 4 RPG bombs, a GPMG, an FN rifle, 3 AK 47 rifles, an SMG rifle, a locally made pistol, a smoke grenade, 243 rounds of 7.62mm NATO, 2 x AK 47 magazines and a handset. Also captured were a SIM card, a pair of desert camouflage, 3 BHT flags and a Hilux jeep painted in desert colour. Own troops also cleared and searched GAVA village but no hostages were found.

Kangarwa Attack. On 12 Jul 16, at about 1845hrs, own troops at Kangarwa came under BHT attack as they consolidate their hold on the location. Troops fought gallantly killing 25 BHTs and capturing 2 x RPG tubes, 1 x 60mm Mortal tube, 2 x MGs, 12 x AK 47 rifles, 1 x LMG. The following day, during exploitation, additional 3 bodies of BHT were discovered along with other BHT equipment. Sadly, however, we lost an officer and a soldier while 11 others were wounded. All the wounded have been stabilized with 5 of them already returned to the frontlines after treatment.

Ambush. On 14 Jul 16 at about 2300hrs, own troops in conjunction with CJTF carried out ambush east of MARGUBA village. The troops encountered and engaged BHT, killing 2 x BHT while 2 others were wounded. Others escaped with Gunshot wounds and were pursued. During the pursuit, an AK 47 rifle with 29 rounds of 7.62mm special, a bow and some arrows, a Techno mobile phone, a wallet and an ID card were recovered.

Fighting Patrol. On 19 Jul 16 at about 0800hrs, own troops conducted fighting patrol to keep main supply route KUMSHE BANKI road open. During the patrol, 4 BHT armed with bow and arrows attempted to ambush the troops and were accordingly engaged. Three of the BHT were killed while one was captured alive and taken for interrogation. So far, the interrogation has been very fruitful.

Raid/Fighting Patrol. Following intelligence report on the convergence and massing up of dislodged BHT at GARERE village in KUKAWA LGA, own troops conducted a raid at the location on 19 Jul 16. During encounter, 42 BHT were killed while many escaped with gunshot wounds. The items recovered include 504 rounds of 7.62mm NATO, 162 rounds of 7.62mm special, a Land Cruiser Jeep, 34 x Jerry Cans of PMS/AGO and 55 motorcycles which were destroyed. Equally, 38 Women and 42 children were rescued and are being interrogated and profiled.

Ambush of Own Troops. On 20 Jul 16, own troops with some CJTF conducted clearing operation to GONGON village in ALGARNO general area. Own troops destroyed BHT camps and captured a gun truck mounted with an Anti-Aircraft gun, an RPG tube, a Light Machine Gun, 3 AK-47 rifles and other logistics items of the BHT. However, when own troops were returning to their defensive location, they ran into an ambush by BHT who came to reinforce their fleeing comrades. The troops fought back gallantly killing many BHT. Sadly, 16 soldiers and 3 CJTF were wounded in action. Some others, including the Commanding Officer are missing in action. A search party has been despatched. So far, 6 soldiers and 4 x CJTF have rejoined unit. The wounded are stable and responding to treatment. Currently, there are 3 officers and 16 soldiers still missing. Meanwhile, permit me to state that in all our operations, the Air Component have provided the necessary support for their successful conduct. The Air Operations are continuing.

2. Release of Suspected BHT Detainees. On 17 Jul 16 at about 1330hrs, a total of 249 suspected BHT detainees (comprising 169 adult males, 46 adult females and 34 children) were cleared and released from our custody. Among them were 203 persons from 18 LGAs of Borno State and 44 other persons from other States of the Federation. Meanwhile, there were 2 foreigners from Cameroon Republic who were handed over to NIS Borno State Command for further action.

3. I wish to use this medium to indicate that a huge price is being paid by Officers and Soldiers of Operation LAFIYA DOLE. Our hearts go out to all the families of our colleagues who have paid the supreme price. We shall liberate the entire North East from the claws of terrorism and insurgency as our respect to the heroic efforts of these departed colleagues.

Meanwhile, let me use this opportunity to commiserate with the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen AG Olonisakin who lost his cousin in the last operation in Kangarwa. To all families or dependants of our gallant troops wounded and missing in action, I wish to assure that no stone will be left unturned until all are adequately cared for or accounted for as the case may be.

4. On this note, let me very specially appreciate the Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen TY Buratai, for all the direction and huge support that have made the conduct of operations very effective and efficient.

To the general public, we are grateful for the immense support and cooperation accorded Op LAFIYA DOLE. Please let us continue on this path of understanding and good relations which is healthy for the attainment of our operational end-state.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:10am On Jul 23, 2016
·
NASI GRADUATES COMBINED AIRBORNE COURSES

The Nigerian Army School of Infantry (NASI) today graduated a total number of 73 students of Basic Rigger Course 25 and Basic Airborne Course 39/2016. The event took place at Drop Zone, Jaji Military Cantonment. Similarly, the Regimental Signal Officers (RSO) Course 11/16 also gtaduated from the same institution today.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:15am On Jul 23, 2016
MORE...

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:16am On Jul 23, 2016
MORE....

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:34am On Jul 23, 2016
Somali forces, AMISOM troops kill three Al-Shabaab militants

Somali National Forces (SNA), backed by African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) troops, have killed 3 Al-Shabaab militants, during a security operation in Jubba region in Southern Somalia on Thursday.
According AMISOM Force spokesperson, Joe Kibet, the operation in Burkoy location was mainly on Al-Shabaab militants’ checkpoints in the area.

Kibet added there were no casualties on SNA and AMISOM sides during the operation.
The joint forces have stepped up their onslaught on Al-Shabaab militant group which has been targeting the AU and the SNA bases, including major hotels and eateries in Mogadishu and its environs.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Katyusha(m): 7:47am On Jul 23, 2016
bidexiii:

Actually if you've watched the video, u will know that what they captured is far more than, what is illustrated on that diagram.
Yea, I have....apart from hundreds of AKs, the biggest problem remains the two truck mounted Zsu-23-2 AAAs displayed at the end of the video.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:00am On Jul 23, 2016
Katyusha:
Yea, I have....apart from hundreds of AKs, the biggest problem remains the two truck mounted Zsu-23-2 AAAs displayed at the end of the video.

Tnks man, a lot was not mentioned in the diagram. In the video two APC...etc.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Katyusha(m): 8:08am On Jul 23, 2016
bidexiii:

Tnks man, a lot was not mentioned in the diagram. In the video two APC...etc.
Sorry...just reviewed the clip. It wasn't a Zsu-23-2 AAA that was siezed. They were just twin-barrelled ZPU-2s...I just wonder why the N.A has refused to invest in these cheap firepower belchers. If the N.A inducts 200 ZPU-2 mounted guntrucks, it will be a stop-gap measure before we acquire a real IFV, because I doubt the N.A has a primary IFV in significant numbers.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by homerac7: 8:38am On Jul 23, 2016
Katyusha:
Sorry...just reviewed the clip. It wasn't a Zsu-23-2 AAA that was siezed. They were just twin-barrelled ZPU-2s...I just wonder why the N.A has refused to invest in these cheap firepower belchers. If the N.A inducts 200 ZPU-2 mounted guntrucks, it will be a stop-gap measure before we acquire a real IFV, because I doubt the N.A has a primary IFV in significant numbers.

Nigeria is listed as among countries owning ZPU-2 AA guns.

Pls show the link where you are watched the video. Previously posted YouTube links here are no longer working as the videos have been removed.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:03am On Jul 23, 2016
homerac7:

Nigeria is listed as among countries owning ZPU-2 AA guns.

Pls show the link where you are watched the video. Previously posted YouTube links here are no longer working as the videos have been removed.

I uploaded the video to my youtube account, let me check if it's still there, then u go download it straight up.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:12am On Jul 23, 2016
@homerac7 it has being removed. Just got the msg on my youtube account, it has being flagged for violating youtube viewers description rules.... shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:17pm On Jul 23, 2016
#RIGGING/RAPELLING.....

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 2:31pm On Jul 23, 2016
Katyusha:
btr70 is about 20+ in d armory
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:18pm On Jul 23, 2016
Odunayaw:
btr60 is about 20+ in d armory

Btr60 in 20+ and even the btr4e are not significant numbers. cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 3:30pm On Jul 23, 2016
bidexiii:

Btr60 in 20+ and even the btr4e are not significant numbers. cool
if no b say NA like unnecessary diversification of platforms...all we need is 2types of wheeled IFV and 2types of tracked IFV

when I look at the abundance of diverse materiel we have I shake me head and smite my chest

some of the machines we have on wheels should already b phased our by now..In fact given to Proforce to produce a better replica

like the pizgauer below..it can easily be redesigned an configured as a scout/SF vehicle

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 23, 2016

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by homerac7: 4:31pm On Jul 23, 2016
zionx:
cryMy husband has paid the supreme price in this fight. I pray that may God let his peace reign in our land. He gave his life for the peace of this land.

Wow! My condolences...May God accept his soul and grant you strenght to move on.

Sorry dear.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.