Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,709 members, 7,837,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3049673 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:04am On Jun 30, 2017
#Libya- photos of UN personnel's departure from Mitiga Airport, #Tripoli, after brief abduction by militia in Zawiyah .

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:00am On Jun 30, 2017
NPF SF

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:37pm On Jun 30, 2017
tdayof:

Yes. The special in that unit should be removed. To me they're modeled like criminals to fight criminals.
No doubt de could b effective at tyms..but any1 holding their breath till d SARS cld b tactically dressed had better wake up
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 30, 2017
tdayof:

Yes. The special in that unit should be removed. To me they're modeled like criminals to fight criminals.
IMO I think the Army should adopt this method too with freedom to hunt and kill terrorists all through the sahara desert to Libya.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 30, 2017
DEATHMACHINE:
IMO I think the Army should adopt this method too with freedom to hunt and kill terrorists all through the sahara desert to Libya.
In a foreign country with no support? That sounds like suicide to me. What happens when urgent support is needed ? Exfil and all of that.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 30, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

In a foreign country with no support? That sounds like suicide to me. What happens when urgent support is needed ? Exfil and all of that.
government with foreign collaboratiors plus we have similar structures with the MJFT already, unit will operate in small numbers, the only drawback will be support which may not be on ground. the only easy day was yesterday.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:37am On Jul 01, 2017
DEATHMACHINE:
government with foreign collaboratiors plus we have similar structures with the MJFT already, unit will operate in small numbers, the only drawback will be support which may not be on ground. the only easy day was yesterday.
Me think a small team can be assembled from NA SF under DIA in the fashion of Sri Lankan LRRP..All plain clothes assassins running gang-ho in collabo with NIA & partners

Meanwhile I hope the higher ups borrow a leaf( maybe d whole tree) from the sealous scout experience
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:53am On Jul 01, 2017
bidexiii:

There are many factors used in selecting soldiers into a arm of the army after six months of basic training (Nigeria army depot).

Examples is starting from day one of recuites training, those with high performance in range classification and other marksmanship may be eventually selected into a type of special force etc.
or military .

There are many yards stick but I av just sighted the basic ones used for recruitment. Hope I did answer your question .
Thanks Sir
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:22am On Jul 01, 2017
DEATHMACHINE:

You mean similar ops are taking place within the lake chad region right now?
Any ways I have reasons to believe SBS already carry out such independent missions in that area, Even on this thread you can see several pictures of them in the theatre of operations but never alongside their colleagues from other branches of the armed forces.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:19am On Jul 01, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Any ways I have reasons to believe SBS already carry out such independent missions in that area, Even on this thread you can see several pictures of them in the theatre of operations but never alongside their colleagues from other branches of the armed forces.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:19am On Jul 01, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

lolz I can't confirm if such ops are taking place same for SBS too.my kind of concept will involve guys looking like normads or herdsmen sef, odunayaw has an idea of what I am suggesting. These are just my personal opinion sha.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 3:32am On Jul 01, 2017
DEATHMACHINE:
lolz I can't confirm if such ops are taking place same for SBS too.my kind of concept will involve guys looking like normads or herdsmen sef, odunayaw has an idea of what I am suggesting. These are just my personal opinion sha.
Oga Sir
Do u guys train the Police CTU..their identity too de naked dz days walahi

+ is there Jungle training school in d country..I think d MOPOL shld be gettn some..this kidnappers hiding in d bush need to feel d heat
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 4:01am On Jul 01, 2017
DEATHMACHINE:
India has such. I understand you perfectly.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:18am On Jul 01, 2017
Odunayaw:
Thanks Sir

Ur wlc.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:45am On Jul 01, 2017
UPDATE ON OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE FRIDAY 30TH JUNE 2017

Troops of the Nigerian Army deployed in various parts of the northeast under the auspices of Operation LAFIYA DOLE and the Multinational Joint Task Force in conjunction with sister Services and other Security Agencies have continued the fight against terrorism relentlessly. They have been doing so through patrols, clearance operations, patrols and maintaining blocking positions. They have also been contributing their bits in humanitarian activities to enhance civil-military relations with their respective host communities.

TROOPS PROVIDE HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE TO RETURNEE REFUGEES IN BANKI

Troops of 152 Battalion of the Nigerian Army stationed in Banki have been rendering humanitarian assistance to over 887 Nigerian refugees returned from Cameroon since Tuesday 27th June 2017. The troops out of sheer love have apart from organizing their safe return have been using their resources to feed and make them comfortable through feeding and provision of accommodation pending when humanitarian agencies would fully take over. It was reported that this kind gesture endeared the troops to the returnees as most of them such meals were best in the last couple of years. Beyond that according to a humanitarian worker, “the army is also providing shelter at the barracks for several aid workers including UNICEF and UNHCR supported staff. This is giving confidence to more Humanitarian workers to move to Banki and to serve those who need us most.”

PATROL TEAM ENCOUNTER IED THAT CLAIMS THE LIVES OF AN OFFICER AND 3 SOLDIERS

Yesterday, Thursday 29th June 2017, at about 8.00am a patrol team of 133 Special Forces Battalion on patrol to Maiduguri, encountered an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) buried on the road between Kangarwa and Alagarno village. Unfortunately, the IED claimed the life of an officer and 3 soldiers, while 3 other members of the patrol team sustained various degrees of injuries. Their Hilux vehicle was also completely damaged.
The bodies of the late officer and soldiers have since been evacuated while the wounded have also been moved to the unit’s medical facility.

It is gratifying to note also that the 3 suspected Boko Haram terrorists that planted the IED and hide were pursued and neutralized.

TROOPS HANDOVER OF BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS ABDUCTEE/ESCAPEE

On Thursday 29th June 2017, Headquarters of 23 Brigade Nigerian Army at about 2.30pm handed over one Miss Jada Hachaba to her mother in the presence relatives and Alhaji Bello, the District Head of Gulak at the Brigade’s Headquarters in Yola. It will be recalled that Miss Jada was abducted by suspected Boko Haram terrorists but she escaped.

TROOPS RECOVER UXO IN AN UNCOMPLETED BUILDING IN BUNI YADI

Troops of 27 Brigade Garrison Nigerian Army, on Thursday 29th June 2017, at about 3.40pm discovered a 122mm D30 Unexploded Ordinance inside an uncompleted building at the Federal Low Cost Housing Estate, Buni Yadi, Yobe State. The unit’s Explosive Ordinance Team were drafted into the scene and they safely detonated it.

TROOPS ARREST 2 BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS COLLABORATORS AND INFORMANTS

Based on credible information received, troops of 159 Battalion Nigerian Army arrested two suspected Boko Haram terrorists’ collaborators/informants; Abubakar Ahmed aged 23 years and Aji Maina aged 45 years. Both were arrested on Wednesday 28th June 2017 at Garin Gada and Kanamma respectively after painstaking trailing. Abubakar Ahmed was arrested while trying to collect relief materials for onward conveyance to Boko Haram terrorists, while Aji Maina was arrested while on transit at Kanamma enroute Gamari in Niger Republic. The suspects are further being interrogated.

TROOPS INTERCEPT 2 MINORS SPYING FOR BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS IN KUKAWA

Vigilant elements of 8 Division Nigerian Army stationed at Kukawa, northern Borno State have yesterday Thursday 29th June 2017, intercepted 2 minors; Abubakar Aji aged 13 and Isah Mustapha aged 12 on spying mission on troops location at Kukawa. On further interrogation the minors claimed to have been with Boko Haram terrorists in Kangarawa since 2014.

You are please requested to disseminate this information to the public through your medium.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Brigadier General Sani Kukasheka Usman
Director Army Public Relations

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:52am On Jul 01, 2017
DEATHMACHINE:

Its sounds dangerous and very risky. I think we need to adopt these tactics if we want to deliver a final blow to BHT and there activities . currently now that's what bokoharam is doing on army formations and patrol .

These week ; was it Chadians or Cameroon patrols was ambushed and during the process 9 soldiers was kilked, just like that . little terrorist formations can deck such deadly havoc... angry

If we have collaborate with neighbouring countries I think we should employ the same tactics too.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:29am On Jul 01, 2017
RANDOM PICS

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 8:54am On Jul 01, 2017
DEATHMACHINE:
Can you tell me why our guys still use the Russian flags on their uniform?
cc bidexii henry240, jjakeporeshenko and odunayaw
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:00am On Jul 01, 2017
tdayof:

Its not professional . cool

But guys at just proud that they where trained in Russia and want to fly those batches .... grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 9:06am On Jul 01, 2017
bidexiii:

Its not professional . cool

But guys at just proud that they were trained in Russia and want to fly those batches .... grin
You use quora? You need to answer some guys asking. I have been able to redeem the Nigerian military image there, however, questions keep coming in on why our guys use the Russian flag.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 01, 2017
tdayof:
You use quora? You need to answer some guys asking. I have been able to redeem the Nigerian military image there, however, questions keep coming in on why our guys use the Russian flag.

Nothing wrong with that. The Nigerian flag is also present on thier shoulders. The lads are just proud with the training and perhaps hospitality they received in Russia.

Besides, only a very few guys wear that flag.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:03am On Jul 01, 2017
tdayof:

NOP...... grin grin shocked grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 10:16am On Jul 01, 2017
Henry240:

Nothing wrong with that. The Nigerian flag is also present on thier shoulders. The lads are just proud with the training and perhaps hospitality they received in Russia.

Besides, only a very few guys wear that flag.
I agree it could also be the relationships they formed with their Russian counterparts.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
Exactly boss , the solutions to these issues reside outside our borders way up the uninhabited area of the sahara, that is where training and smuggling of weapons starts from.
I will take out the weapons dealers,leaders and affiliates too,groups like MAJAO, AQIM and that one eye terrorist still pose future threats.
These threats go on to showcase the need for long-range platforms like the SU-30 to strike targets.
bidexiii:

Its sounds dangerous and very risky. I think we need to adopt these tactics if we want to deliver a final blow to BHT land there activities . currently now that's what bokoharam is doing on army formations and patrol .

These week ; was it Chadians or Cameroon patrols was ambushed and during the process 9 soldiers was kilked, just like that . little terrorist formations can deck such deadly havoc... angry

If we have collaborate with neighbouring countries I think we should employ the same tactics too.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
tdayof:
cheesy and Nigerian the attitude since they have liberty, outside the theatre na guard room levels.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:42pm On Jul 01, 2017
DEATHMACHINE:
cheesy and Nigerian the attitude since they have liberty, outside the theatre na guard room levels.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
Joint Armed Forces And Security Agencies Route March

1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
DEATHMACHINE:
Exactly boss , the solutions to these issues reside outside our borders way up the uninhabited area of the sahara, that is where training and smuggling of weapons starts from.
I will take out the weapons dealers,leaders and affiliates too,groups like MAJAO, AQIM and that one eye terrorist still pose future threats.
These threats go on to showcase the need for long-range platforms like the SU-30 to strike targets.

Exactly boss.

If not BHT will continually do the "hit and run" tactics . since our borders are porous .
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:47pm On Jul 01, 2017
#CION
#SF

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:32pm On Jul 01, 2017
UPDATE ON OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE
SATURDAY 1ST JULY 2017

TROOPS DISCOVER IMPROVISED EXPLOSIVE DEVICE

On Wednesday 28th June 2017, troops of 151 Battalion on routine fighting patrol within Lt Col Abu Ali Range discovered freshly dug hole prepared for Improvised Explosive Device (IED) by suspected elements of Boko Haram terrorists. The unit’s Explosive Ordinance Device (EOD) team scanned the general area and discovered 1 Cylinder main charge, 1 Pressure plate and 3 Battery suspected to have been abandoned by the terrorists. The prepared IED was safely detonated by team.

In a related development troops of 82 Task Force Battalion on patrol along Ngoshe-Pulka also discovered 3 IED buried by suspected Boko Haram terrorists on the road. The unit’s EOD team safely detonated the IEDs in-situ.

TROOPS AMBUSH BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS

Based on information, troops of 3 Battalion, 22 Brigade Nigerian Army, on Thursday 29th June 2017 evening, ambushed Boko Haram terrorists along Gamboru-Mussini-Logomani that came to loot and burn a broken down truck loaded with assorted goods at Mussini village. The troops neutralize 5 terrorists and further exploitation recovered 1 AK-47 rifle with registration number 565203290, 1 AK-47 magazine, 3 rounds of 7.62mm (Special) ammunition, 27 Bicycles, 10 Machetes and 1 Dagger.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Brigadier General Sani Kukasheka Usman
Director Army Public Relations

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:32pm On Jul 01, 2017
More...

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Souljaboi1: 8:34pm On Jul 01, 2017
DEATHMACHINE:

The only Easy Day was Yesterday. !

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.