Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,237 members, 7,860,525 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:05 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (912) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3073044 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (909) (910) (911) (912) (913) (914) (915) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 4:46pm On May 23, 2019
We should all start asking the real question. Where was Nigerian Air Force when ground troops were taking all these attacks?
Can't they build, at least, an highly fortified drone base close to where the action is taking place? Or they would rather keep staying in Maiduguri that is hundreds of kilometres from battle front?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:47pm On May 23, 2019
Army commander harassing Deputy Governor IN STATE CAPITAL while State projects are being inaugurated . Relevant to Battlefield Discussion ?

Without any contradiction, some here are just wussies who are expecting a fraternity and warm hugs just to get away from their dry lives.
Bullying? Oh dear undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:57pm On May 23, 2019
Xbee007:
We should all start asking the real question. Where was Nigerian Air Force when ground troops were taking all these attacks?
Can't they build, at least, an highly fortified drone base close to where the action is taking place? Or they would rather keep staying in Maiduguri that is hundreds of kilometres from battle front?
9yrs down the line and we should be asking why our FOBs (Am assuming its one) are hard to defend, risky to supply, risky/slow to reinforce, far from cover (Air & Artillery)

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 23, 2019
Xbee007:
Babaowen, there is an enemy of the state propaganda circulating on the internet. Please don't post it here.
Thanks.
sad sad
I have seen the video, but I didn't watch it and I have no plans of watching it. And I won't be sharing it here too.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 23, 2019
iamnen:
discussing about the army commander harassing a deputy governor in a war ravaged state like Borno is a legitimate discussion in this thread.
the garrison commander said (in his own words) "This is a matter of security[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font], you don’t tell me what to do. I’ll bundle and handcuff you if you move an inch from this place"

there is obviously a legitimate reason based on intelligence why he has made such statement to the Deputy Governors aides, with respect to the security of the Vice President and State Governor.

THIS IS A LEGITIMATE TOPIC OF DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD!!!!

BabaOwen and any other person with dissenting views, don't let anybody shut you down - online or offline. Nobody commenting here owns Nairaland. Nobody!!!!

God bless the Nigerian Military.

by the way; theres the propaganda video recently released of terrorists interviewing then shooting Nigerian soldiers (navy and army). May their selfless souls rest in peace, may God give their families the strength to bear their loss and most importantly MAY THERE RISE A YOUNG GENERATION OF NIGERIANS WHO ARE NOT SYCOPHANTS (LIKE WE SEE A LOT OF THEM ON THIS THREAD) AND ARE BOLD TO DEMAND ACCOUNTABILITY FROM THEIR GOVERNMENT CONCERNING THE WELFARE OF NIGERIANS CIVIL AND MILITARY
I fully agree with you and I feel that brigadier general should be fined for spoiling government property. where were the attack helicopters and fighter jets, or didn't the commander call the HQ at Maiduguri for close air support
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 23, 2019
This iswap shiit is getting out of hand angry

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Scandinavian02: 6:40pm On May 23, 2019
Xbee007:
Babaowen, there is an enemy of the state propaganda circulating on the internet. Please don't post it here.
Thanks.

Imagine what someone wrote?

Let the NA continue living a lie until they are wiped off the earth by ISWAP.

You saw such terrifying video and how people's fathers died and are dying like chickens and all you can brand it is "an enemy of the state propaganda".

I wish you all the best.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:50pm On May 23, 2019
There is no hiding place for the terrorists, The Nigerian Army is fully determined to route them all out...

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 6:51pm On May 23, 2019
Can you tell us why the killings were recorded and distributed? If not for propaganda purposes?
No one is denying the fact that losing soldiers is a sad event for true Nigerians, but we can not also deny the intent on recording and releasing such videos . I do get your point though, personally i can't get myself to watch such, seeing a Nigerian soldier getting killed or dead during battle, that's soul crushing for me, so i pass on that.
Scandinavian02:

Imagine what someone wrote?

Let the NA continue living a lie until they are wiped off the earth by ISWAP.

You saw such terrifying video and how people's fathers died and are dying like chickens and all you can brand it is "an enemy of the state propaganda".

I wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:51pm On May 23, 2019
Colonel Benjamin Maja Adekunle grants interview to foreign journalists during the Nigerian-Biafran civil war, 1968.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 7:18pm On May 23, 2019
I saw two different threads on the ISWAP on twitter. Most of the attacks were Dec/Jan/Feb; Baga, Metele etc. Though very unfortunate to the guys and their families, and very saddening to me, the BH terrorists decided to release the videos now for a reason, PROPAGANDA. We cannot in anyway absolve the ineptitude of the Nigeria state to the death of these brave patriots but may God in His infinite mercies assuage the feelings of the bereaved. Amen.

P. S. One was even like "proudly Nigerian army". People like these give meaning to patriotism, they make tears come out of your eyes. May God bless their own real good. Oh! Nigeria when will you appease the blood of these fallen men.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Scandinavian02: 7:25pm On May 23, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Can you tell us why the killings were recorded and distributed? If not for propaganda purposes?
No one is denying the fact that losing soldiers is a sad event for true Nigerians, but we can not also deny the intent on recording and releasing such videos . I do get your point though, personally i can't get myself to watch such, seeing a Nigerian soldier getting killed or dead during battle, that's soul crushing for me, so i pass on that.

So, how do we juxtapose this video and the refrain of ''we have defeated BH" from the government of the day?

A lot of Nigerians including myself have been believing all the numerous press releases by the DefenceHQ that BH is only left with just poweless splinter groups.

While the release of these videos is downright propaganda, we cannot just dismiss them as untrue.

We have a lot to do as we are in a full blown war situation.

God bless the Nigerian Army
God bless the NPF
God bless the Civillian JTF
God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by olapluto(m): 7:26pm On May 23, 2019
blacKDalia:
I saw two different threads on the ISWAP on twitter. Most of the attacks were Dec/Jan/Feb; Baga, Metele etc. Though very unfortunate to the guys and their families, and very saddening to me, the BH terrorists decided to release the videos now for a reason, PROPAGANDA. We cannot in anyway absolve the ineptitude of the Nigeria state to the death of these brave patriots but may God in His infinite mercies assuage the feelings of the bereaved. Amen.

P. S. One was even like "proudly Nigerian army". People like these give meaning to patriotism, they make tears come out of your eyes. May God bless their own real good. Oh! Nigeria when will you appease the blood of these fallen men.
He is a veteran of Ecomog and Liberia, Seirra Leone, Dafur etc. He was passing a subtle message before death.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 7:33pm On May 23, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxI266DDspA

I still think the NA looked more professional in the 60s

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by dunsin125: 7:38pm On May 23, 2019
blacKDalia:

The war against bh is taking too long than expected, the soldiers are just like sheep told to enter the den of lion... Our leaders have failed our patriarchs, they are failing us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 8:27pm On May 23, 2019
Scandinavian02:

So, how do we juxtapose this video and the refrain of ''we have defeated BH" from the government of the day?

A lot of Nigerians including myself have been believing all the numerous press releases by the DefenceHQ that BH is only left with just poweless splinter groups.

While the release of these videos is downright propaganda, we cannot just dismiss them as untrue.

We have a lot to do as we are in a full blown war situation.

God bless the Nigerian Army
God bless the NPF
God bless the Civillian JTF
God bless Nigeria.
So you finally agree that it really is propaganda? However, we all know that it can't be dismissed as irrelevant considering the severity of the attacks.
If you hadn't been a newbie on this thread you would have seen folks heavily criticising NA for not doing enough to safeguard the lives of troops on the front line.
I don't think there is anyone in this thread that ever believed the government saying that BH has been defeated.

And it isn't too much to ask people not to share terrorist's propaganda especially when that person has done that repeatedly in the past.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:29pm On May 23, 2019
Fynline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxI266DDspA

I still think the NA looked more professional in the 60s

Not only the army the entire military was professional.

Nice video anyway....

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 23, 2019
Anatomy of an air strike. Thw Nigerian public really do not knoq they have onw of the most sophisticated air combat network centric architecture in Africa.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 23, 2019
Some Nigerians just love deceiving their self with big big English grin

A sophisticated air combat network centric that is useless against a rag tag group grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 23, 2019
We see the way Russia air force SU34, SU24,SU30 etc are showing their sophisticated air combat network centric in Syria by raining hells on Isis. Where were the Nigerian army in bama, boko haram members were even snapping pictures and even had time to make videos.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 23, 2019
BabaOwen:
We see the way Russia air force SU34, SU24,SU30 etc are showing their sophisticated air combat network centric in Syria by raining hells on Isis. Where were the Nigerian army in bama, boko haram members were even snapping pictures and even had time to make videos.

were u expecting them to release footages where they were dealt big blow?
Or should the war turn to a PR and media stunt where the army releases trailers and scripted footages on each and every operation carried out in this war?

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 23, 2019
BabaOwen:

Bashar Al-Assad is sleeping like a baby with his 2 eyes closed in his underground bunker in Damascus - thanks to Putin and his machines of Death. grin

The ISIS bastards were just shouting Allahu Akubar while the MiGs & Sukhois were shiiting "hot-akara" on their rotten heads. grin

Nigeria is not yet ready to combat Boko Haram & ISWAP. When she is ready, she will abandon all these WW2 era flying bicycles and go to Russia to buy the necessary flying death machines. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJRWrahsPYU

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 10:23pm On May 23, 2019
BabaOwen:
Some Nigerians just love deceiving their self with big big English grin

A sophisticated air combat network centric that is useless against a rag tag group grin

I've been sombre through today but this your outburst made me laff. Kolo mentality.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 10:28pm On May 23, 2019
olapluto:

He is a veteran of Ecomog and Liberia, Seirra Leone, Dafur etc. He was passing a subtle message before death.

True o. Passing a message? Were you able to decipher the message. Spill please, I'm ready to read.
Please don't disrespect the death of that man.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 10:31pm On May 23, 2019
dunsin125:
The war against bh is taking too long than expected, the soldiers are just like sheep told to enter the den of lion... Our leaders have failed our patriarchs, they are failing us.

True. The war is even feeding the bandits and kidnappers with arms everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:33am On May 24, 2019
Zoharariel:

Bashar Al-Assad is sleeping like a baby with his 2 eyes closed in his underground bunker in Damascus - thanks to Putin and his machines of Death. grin

The ISIS bastards were just shouting Allahu Akubar while the MiGs & Sukhois were shiiting "hot-akara" on their rotten heads. grin

Nigeria is not yet ready to combat Boko Haram & ISWAP. When she is ready, she will abandon all these WW2 era flying bicycles and go to Russia to buy the necessary flying death machines. grin

mother Russia cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Scandinavian02: 5:02am On May 24, 2019
Why are our troops always fleeing and abandoning expensive military equipment in the hands of insurgents?

So we buy guns, tanks and others equipment and insurgents just seize them from our men?

They kill our soldiers and we "deradicalize" and release their fighters?

Na wa ooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 6:29am On May 24, 2019
Zoharariel:

wait oo do u think Nigeria is as powerful as russia.you are talking as if u don't know.those russiRu jets are way too expensive to procure talk more of maintenance.also let me remind u.it was a joint effort of powerful Nations even france had to deploy it's aircraft carrier.Are dey not powerful Nations fighting jihadits in Mali still it's hard to contain.dont blame the airforce they are trying on their part they use wat dey have.they even deployed jets to Niger for closer ops.soon the tucano and jf17 will arrive even the armed indigenous ickohu drone,then the ORBAT will change
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 6:58am On May 24, 2019
Xbee007:

I wrote a compelling report titled : Nigerian Air Force options for potentially increasing its Lethality.

It will be published on Divergentoptions.com and the Small wars Journal by month's end. I hope the NAF see something useful to curtail this menace.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 10:09am On May 24, 2019
Zoharariel:

And how will the Destroyers launch their TLAMs when Magrav would have disabled & rendered their "Ageis Targeting System" useless? grin
you are funny. Iran of all country.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by dunsin125: 12:44pm On May 24, 2019
blacKDalia:

True. The war is even feeding the bandits and kidnappers with arms everywhere.
The truth is we are far from winning if we continue like this, bh ain't even the real problem now, the real ones are people we ain't taking seriously like Fulani
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by mekussa(m): 1:17pm On May 24, 2019
krattoss:
were u expecting them to release footages where they were dealt big blow?
Or should the war turn to a PR and media stunt where the army releases trailers and scripted footages on each and every operation carried out in this war?

It wouldn't be such a bad idea if they do that... I have overheard groups of young men(on two occasions) in Kano talking about how invincible biko haram is because god fights with them.. how the videos released by biko haram shows they are winning the war... How biko haram helps young men get married and give them proper Islamic training.
This was between November and December last year and goes to show how far reaching boko harams propaganda machinery is.
War also needs propaganda... If not for any other thing, to counter propaganda

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (909) (910) (911) (912) (913) (914) (915) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: kabe1 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.