Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,281 members, 7,839,388 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Anti-corruption: I Trust Buhari, But Not All Those Around Him- Bakare - Vanguard - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-corruption: I Trust Buhari, But Not All Those Around Him- Bakare - Vanguard (45017 Views)

Arms Scandal: Jonathan’s Govt Spent Billions, Abused Trust – Buhari / ‘if You Are Caught Involved In Corruption, I Will Jail You’ – Hameed Ali Warns / I Trust Buhari But Doubt His Environment - Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-corruption: I Trust Buhari, But Not All Those Around Him- Bakare - Vanguard by InHim4Him(m): 8:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
Too many politicians in the pulpit.
Re: Anti-corruption: I Trust Buhari, But Not All Those Around Him- Bakare - Vanguard by Macelliot(m): 8:23pm On Apr 06, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=14pt] undecided

THE ONLY THIEVES HE SHOULD BE MINDFUL OF ARE THE IGBO THIEVES.

THE LIKES OF STEALER ODUAH, OKONJO A.K.A PUF PUF CHEEK, AND OUR MADAM FROGGY IN CHARGE OF OYEL. IF YOU CAN CONTAIN THESE, EVERY OTHER THIEVES WILL SIT TIGHT
[/size]
Stop Crying. Igbos will dominate you......
Re: Anti-corruption: I Trust Buhari, But Not All Those Around Him- Bakare - Vanguard by Emmahunk(m): 8:23pm On Apr 06, 2015
coded01:
General Overseer, Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare, has warned the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, to be cautious about appointing those who are to constitute his government.

tunde-bakareBakare, made this statement at the 26th anniversary of his church, tagged, ‘Democracy audit: chances, choices and consequences.”, stressing that the wasted years in Nigeria can only be restored if Buhari surrounds himself with men and women of goodwill, great intellectual capacity, competence and character.

He further advised Buhari to start the fight against corruption from his circle and lay a good example, saying change cannot be achieved if these were not done.

“I pray sincerely that not all those who facilitated his winning the election will be among those who run the government. I did say before the election that I trust the person of General Buhari but not all those around him.

“I mean every word of it because many of them are nothing but Ali Baba and 40 thieves. And if these are the same who would go into government, you can’t fight evil with evil. You can as well kiss the anti-corruption stance of Mr. President-elect goodbye.” He explained.

Bakare prayed for Buhari to have the needed wisdom and strength, noting that people were already submitting applications to him to serve in the incoming administration.

“The vultures are now going round and round. If he does not have quality people around him, then they will put round pegs in square holes and within two years, we are back to square one.”

In addition, the cleric commended the Chairman, Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Prof. Attahiru Jega for his leadership despite in the face of grave accusation and provocation by critics.

He also praised President Goodluck Jonathan for conceding defeat timely, and stated that the president had written his name in gold just with that remarkable democratic act.

l: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/anti-corruption-i-trust-buhari-but-not-all-those-around-him-bakare/#sthash.9yB8rYhu.dpuf

Pastor Bakare's observations are in no way ambiguous and does not need him being a politician to know what he is talking about.
Truly GMB will win the hearts of Nigerians more if 'he will start sweeping his house from his bedroom '.
There will be no greater reward for GEJ 's sacrifice for a United, peaceful and better Nigeria than to shock the world and start his anti corruption crusade from some of the thieves around him.
Anything less than this, will be paying lip service to the fight against corruption.
We are all watching and waiting.
Re: Anti-corruption: I Trust Buhari, But Not All Those Around Him- Bakare - Vanguard by billyG(m): 10:05pm On Apr 06, 2015
WHO ARE D MEN OF INTERGRITY 2 SERVE IN THIS CHANGE GOVT.ONLY FEW LEFT IN NIGERIA.i wept 4 ma kuntry.
Re: Anti-corruption: I Trust Buhari, But Not All Those Around Him- Bakare - Vanguard by chibas: 10:27pm On Apr 06, 2015
onyedikachukwue:
.buhari having people like OBA LIL WAYNE AKIOLU,Tinubu,Atiku, AMAECHI,ADAMU OSHOMOLE,SARAKI,OBJ,IBB AROUND HIM I THINK NIGERIA WILL SUFFER BECAUSE THIS MEN AROUND HIM ARE SO SELFISH AND WICKED. I CRY FOR NIGERIA. Association of past criminals. APC!!!! SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!
nigerian with assumptions,u can order the general around anyhow.
Re: Anti-corruption: I Trust Buhari, But Not All Those Around Him- Bakare - Vanguard by Solozzo(m): 10:29pm On Apr 06, 2015
Buhari had made his anti corruption stand clear. So if you wish to serve come with patriotism and a senses of duty. Jona encouraged and sought corrupted people into his govt. people who were corrupt may wish to convert and redeem themselves and serve their fatherland. This victory of Buhari says it all, inviting us to serve Nigeria and eschew greed.

It is unrealistic for GMB to start by punishing or shunning the very people who helped him win the election, such a Tinubu, amaechi, fasola and obasanjo, who have to endure insults, psychological pain and financial losses. They will need redemption and inspiration from the General. It is said that don't damn the bridge you've crossed. Such a mistake cost Laurent Kabila of DR Congo his presidency and his life when he abandoned the Rwanda rebels who fought for him to come to power.
Re: Anti-corruption: I Trust Buhari, But Not All Those Around Him- Bakare - Vanguard by chibas: 10:32pm On Apr 06, 2015
Reference:

Focus on the story and circle the essence. Can the People's General keep the forty thieves off the reservation. Does he or does he not have accords and agreements with them that facilitated his rise to power. Can he cage these people. Once again I repeat. In the animal kingdom very, very few species hunt and eat their kind. I don't know how Buhari intends to hunt and eat his kind. Canibalism isn't pleasant at all.
let him resume office first.
Re: Anti-corruption: I Trust Buhari, But Not All Those Around Him- Bakare - Vanguard by BabaO2: 10:50pm On Apr 06, 2015
Bakare should save himself of some respect by not openly showing his jealous. There are lots of loopholes in his bitterness statements about is ineffectual 2011 election. He should support Osinbajo who is far better, more influential and more intellectual than him.
Re: Anti-corruption: I Trust Buhari, But Not All Those Around Him- Bakare - Vanguard by bassette(m): 11:20pm On Apr 06, 2015
Anugod:
Singing Panam Percy's song... smiley smiley

If you want a brand new world
You got to have a brand new people,
If you want a brand new people
You got to have a brand new life,
If you want a brand new life
You got to have a brand new spirit,
If you want a brand new spirit
You got to come to Jesus Christ.
lovely lovely song

1 Like

Re: Anti-corruption: I Trust Buhari, But Not All Those Around Him- Bakare - Vanguard by zumbigbo(m): 1:55am On Apr 07, 2015
irunoobo:
[i][size=14pt] undecided

THE LIKES OF STEALER ODUAH, OKONJO A.K.A PUF PUF CHEEK, AND OUR MADAM FROGGY IN CHARGE OF OYEL. IF YOU CAN CONTAIN THESE, EVERY OTHER THIEVES WILL SIT TIGHT
[/size]
[
/i]

Yeye, fake biaaaatch. Take your hate-speech to Rwanda or Ivory Coast. They have heard your devil-talk before and are waiting for you with pangas.
Re: Anti-corruption: I Trust Buhari, But Not All Those Around Him- Bakare - Vanguard by gabng(m): 2:44am On Apr 07, 2015
Great Kebbi Citizens Say NO to a Certified Looter For The Abacha's As Your Governor Vote S. Y. Bello 4 Governor. #Kebbi2015 #SpreadTheWord
Re: Anti-corruption: I Trust Buhari, But Not All Those Around Him- Bakare - Vanguard by emptybarrel150(m): 7:54am On Apr 07, 2015
the only sense wey Irunobo get is the sense to Bleep...........Seun, abeg this your brother need 2 packs of common sense.
irunoobo:
[size=14pt] undecided

[/size]
Re: Anti-corruption: I Trust Buhari, But Not All Those Around Him- Bakare - Vanguard by alakanfe1(m): 12:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
Bros u talk well. One thing is to vote right,another thing is to stand for the right governance. As we defend our vote let's likewise defend our democracy. I love Nigeria my country.
Re: Anti-corruption: I Trust Buhari, But Not All Those Around Him- Bakare - Vanguard by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
This Bakare self.When will you keep quiet.
Leave the things of ceaser for ceaser.Your comments about politics make me wonder how you became a pastor.
You are one of those who annointed themself pastor.Are you better than politicians?
In 27 years of your church,where are your branches?
Everybody must come to Ogba to belong.Or is it all about monitoring your offerings and tithe that made you not to reach out?
Please face your so=called calling and pulpit.
Politicians invest in politics and take returns,just like you,who pass collection bag round after sermon on sunday.What about tithes?
No one is clean in this our present world so stop seeking relevance with fake comments.
I have not forgotten your prophecy about Obasanjo when he was president.The man is still alive.
Please stay away from politics like other men of pulpit.In lagos we have d Olukoyas,d Kumuyis,Oyedepos,etc Are they not men of the pulpit?
They dont comment everyday.
Please stay cool.
No laywer can truely be a pastor.Its all packaging.God is a merciful God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairaland Featured On Ait's Network News (pictured) / Inside Goodluck Jonathan’s Vandalized House, Abuja (Video) / Wike Blasts Tambuwal And Some Southern PDP Govs (Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.