Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun - Politics (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun (108498 Views)

The Mayor Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Ibos On Planned Biafra Protest In Lagos / Senate President, Bukola Saraki Reads Riot Act On Unremitted Funds / Amaechi Begs For Forgiveness, Sues For Peace During Guber Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by 1009ja: 4:02pm On Apr 06, 2015
And this is 21st century?
Bigots in very high places or can I say fools in palaces.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by IDFWU(m): 4:02pm On Apr 06, 2015
Oba Rilwan Akiolu or whatever u call ya self u need 2 go sit on several seats!!! U know what? like go take a chill pill or better still go knock ya miserable self out!!! Let's see hmm...just as I suspected you are so full of sh1t!!!. What a bulimic comment from a much respected personnel. Gush I wanna puke!!! angry

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
huptin:

No you are wrong they didnt install a king anywhere in Nigeria they made use of the already existing kings in each community.. the only place they tried to impose warrant chiefs was in the east and it failed almost totally. You need to really dust your history books.

they installed then queen as the ruler of Nigeria. the governor general was the queen's representative in Nigeria. the so called indirect rule was to serve their selfish interests with the least possible resistance.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by magabounce(m): 4:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
zicoraads:
Where is Ameachi? He needs to write a letter to the ICC...again!

Oops! I almost forgot the Oba is a card carrying member of the APC.
Ure massively hindsighted..
Confirm from ur unconfirmed sources
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by onyebuchiokafor: 4:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
owobokiri:
This is what happens when you make an egunje collecting petty police man your oba. Who is this unknown quantity? If a stewpid Akiolu wants Lagos to boil, he should go ahead and try nonsense. Touts dressed in some royal regalia. Empty threats won't fly. APC must be forced to feel the heat for all the Tinubu/fashola anti igbo policies come election day. Heavy taxes, heavy toles, deportations and intimidations in market places. Those are APCs legacies against the igbo in Lagos. It is payback time. Oba Akiolu should stop throwing tantrums and face the issues.

Hmmm, HRH Oba Rilwan Akiolu is the Paramount Ruler of Lagos, i suggest u choose decorum over such comments......

Fashola has showed much love to the Ndigbo community, Nwanem Nwoke, he gave us our first Commissioner (Igbokwe) , we need to be fair....

I also wonder how true these claims are, I wonder if its not another propaganda by the PDP to use to divert our votes as Ndigbo community to PDP, as they have seen our support for Ambode grow over the past few weeks....

Let us all have the fear of God, Let us all be guarded in our statements, Lets do what Christ would have done, and God himself will take control...

I see no fault of the APC in this as the Oba is not a member of the APC

Leave the Yorubas to deal with their issue, let them handle their matter

but i doubt those words were said, i have come to believe anything is possible with the PDP

it is well

Ambode is not a bad guy

He went to Federal Government College Warri

he is as detribalized as they come with many people of varying ethnicity in working with him...

Vote Ambo2015

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by isalegan2: 4:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
nduchucks:
PDP propaganda, this Oba will never make such a statement carelessly.

I agree. What nonsense. No Omoluabi would speak like that, not to talk of Kabiyesi Ikeji Orisa.

The link to the online "news" story isn't even working. Sunnewsonline is to legitimate news what Vanilla Ice is to real rappers (Rakim, Tupac).

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 06, 2015
onyebuchiokafor:

Hmmm, HRH Oba Rilwan Akiolu is the Paramount Ruler of Lagos, i suggest u choose decorum over such comments......

Fashola has showed much love to the Ndigbo community, Nwanem Nwoke, he gave us our first Commissioner (Igbokwe) , we need to be fair....

I also wonder how true these claims are, I wonder if its not another propaganda by the PDP to use to divert our votes as Ndigbo community to PDP, as they have seen our support for Ambode grow over the past few weeks....

Let us all have the fear of God, Let us all be guarded in our statements, Lets do what Christ would have done, and God himself will take control...

but i doubt those words were said, i have come to believe anything is possible with the PDP

it is well

Ambode is not a bad guy

he is as detribalized as they come with many people of varying ethnicity in working with him...

Vote Ambo2015

Please read my post on the previous page
It's no propaganda
He was contacted to clarify and he didn't,the igbo men who went there confirmed his words
A man cannot threaten a group with death and not feel the heat of his stoopidity
He needs to be arrested
If FFK and Fayose can talk like ndi ara what makes you think a thieving policeman turned oba will be lacking in foolish utterances

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by sinizia: 4:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
SirShymexx:

This isn't about being partisan or non-partisan. I believe he explained the reason for his choice in the article - folks just decided to sensationalise the crude threats he made.

He's the custodian of the land and he's still on the throne of his ancestors, and future generations. So, he wants the best for Lagos. Based on all the massive projects going on in Lagos at the moment, I believe they have all agreed that continuity and aligning with a favourable center would be the best option for the state to get things done (he said that explicitly in the article). However, it seems Igbos are hell-bent on derailing that cause of action, hence the threat.

If I were Igbo - based on this threat, especially when the two candidates are both Yorubas - I'd take time out to think deeply. Imagine what will happen when there's a strong Igbo candidate? You don't want to imagine that, do you? These Yoruba folks aren't smiling right now, and it seems you have pushed them to the wall. Act right!

I don't understand you one bit. How can you be this biased? Custodian of the land? GEJ was the custodian of this nation, yet he didn't issue death threats to those that voted for Buhari. He allowed us to consitutionally vote for our choice as it's enshrined in the constitution. So why are you now encouraging an Oba who wants to trample on the rights of the citizens? How can you happy typing this? Why didn't GEJ prevent anti-GEJ voters from voting since the words of the custodians are now the law not the constitution? Your post is very tribalistic. Act right!!

4 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by ogunniyi2: 4:16pm On Apr 06, 2015
BekeeBuAgbara:
Last week Ambode and Osinbajo were in Alaba market canvassing for votes, you're in your palace rubbishing their efforts. Oba, Igbos can not

be intimidated, It seems you want Ambode to lose because this your so called riot act would make more of them to vote for Jimi Agbaje, Akiolu

should be told that Igbos don't accept the language of threat.
empty threat

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by sinizia: 4:19pm On Apr 06, 2015
bukatyne:

I am full bloodied Yoruba however This post makes absolutely. No sense.

There are citizens of Nigeria and have the right to vote who they want since they live here

Let Ibos go back to their villages and let's see If Almighty Lagos will not burn to the ground.

Lagos (Yorubas ) might have the resources, Ibos have the brain and capacity to turn those raw resources to wealth.

Show me another Yoruba state as Lagos.

I am very ashamed of This as a Yoruba person.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2272285_1565431_jpege5c78f0b83d649ee2ecc74302f750198

May peace and wisdom never elude you.

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by deuce7(m): 4:22pm On Apr 06, 2015
CoCoLav:

Abegi undecided

After you remove your shirt and dance around a few times while muttering incoherently what will happen?

NEXT!!!
Loool....please help me ask him o. if you should meet him physically, you might be disappointed yet he is here threatening to kill.

I have long stopped taking many comments here seriously.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by huptin(m): 4:23pm On Apr 06, 2015
MaziKachi:

they installed then queen as the ruler of Nigeria. the governor general was the queen's representative in Nigeria. the so called indirect rule was to serve their selfish interests with the least possible resistance.

Nigeria was their creation so they can install a queen or whatever......but the real indigenous comunities were never controlled in that manner.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by adconline(m): 4:25pm On Apr 06, 2015
Justfollowit:

Every region voted for OBJ in 1999, however left to the majority of Yorubas, they wouldn't have voted for him again in 2003. undecided
Wrong history! Yorubas rejected OBJ in 1999. He lost in his ward, LGA & State. Why didn't the Oba threaten Igbos?
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by adconline(m): 4:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
TRIPPLEAB:
This is how it started in germany when the jews are flexing their muscle we all remember what uncle Adolf Hitler did to them. But seriously can Igbo man try this in Kano and say Kano is no mans land or Kaduna we all know what will happen. If Yoruba elders like they should crown one Emeka Orji as oba of Lagos. I know our ancestor will not only curse us they will also laugh at us for selling our Land to this people called igbo.
You are rewriting history. Oba sounded like Hitler who blamed the Jews for everything and Nazi followers chanted in solidarity. Today, you are chanting a solidarity song!! You are calling Hitler an uncle??
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Adegbodolu1: 4:29pm On Apr 06, 2015
babyosisi:

I have never heard anything more foolish in my entire life referring to the oba
His takes the cake out of foolish utterances
They should dig around his house,I bet you there are bodies of missing Lagosians all over the place who looked at him the wrong way
He may have tertiary syphilis
The only other man who spoke this way was Idi amin

The oba already looked like a man embalmed
Na funeral remain
Anu ofia

May the god of Ogun kill everybody in your household. You this crazy woman na by force.

If you cant respect our authorities then go back to your village. You have a right to live in Lagos but only at the discretion of the true Lagosians. You are Igbo not a Lagosian, your papa no go die well wherever they are!

Supply address and phone number if you dare - Oloriburuku.

You have your own part of Nigeria so why come to our own domain and insult and deride us. The next move would be to target all Igbo businesses in Lagos. You have had it so good for too long, been too comfortable that you horrible lot have started deceiving yourselves.

The Oba has spoken and he has spoken well. We Yorubas are fully in support and I tell you this, we are not happy with you Igbo isi-akis.

3 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by adconline(m): 4:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
I
sinizia:

I don't understand you one bit. How can you be this biased? Custodian of the land? GEJ was the custodian of this nation, yet he didn't issue death threats to those that voted for Buhari. He allowed us to consitutionally vote for our choice as it's enshrined in the constitution. So why are you now encouraging an Oba who wants to trample on the rights of the citizens? How can you happy typing this? Why didn't GEJ prevent anti-GEJ voters from voting since the words of the custodians are now the law not the constitution? Your post is very tribalistic. Act right!!
They can never understand you because they crave for blood of the Igbos. Mind you Agbaje is a full Yoruba son and son of the land...

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by IDFWU(m): 4:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
onyebuchiokafor:

it is well

Ambode is not a bad guy

Vote Ambo2015

How much was the bank credit alert? Huh?? undecided

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by zicoraads: 4:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
magabounce:

Ure massively hindsighted..
Confirm from ur unconfirmed sources
Massively hindsighted? Have u seen the clarification on the FP? Does it sound any different from what has been known?
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by sydneyobioha(m): 4:41pm On Apr 06, 2015
Amadioha must strike that foolish Oba for threatening the Biafrans in their own country.. Do not take our kindness for cowardness, let that stupid Oba try any bullshit and see the blood of his descendats flow in the streets of Lagos like lagoon...
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 06, 2015
Adegbodolu1:

May the god of Ogun kill everybody in your household. You this crazy woman na by force.

If you cant respect our authorities then go back to your village. You have a right to live in Lagos but only at the discretion of the true Lagosians. You are Igbo not a Lagosian, your papa no go die well wherever they are!

Supply address and phone number if you dare - Oloriburuku.

You have your own part of Nigeria so why come to our own domain and insult and deride us. The next move would be to target all Igbo businesses in Lagos. You have had it so good for too long, been too comfortable that you horrible lot have started deceiving yourselves.

The Oba has spoken and he has spoken well. We Yorubas are fully in support and I tell you this, we are not happy with you Igbo isi-akis.

I am not subject to your gods and they have no power over me and mine
When you invoke them they visit you and yours then the eediotic oba who called on them to kill others
Any day you rise up to harm any innocent soul,may your carcass not be found
Amen
Both you and him fall into your own gallows you dug with your eediotic hands
And so shall it be IJMN
Amen

Anumanu

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by raumdeuter: 4:45pm On Apr 06, 2015
Once again. Well said Oba Akiolu

More of these policies coming in the future

I would wanr anyone to comply with their host desires

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by isalegan2: 4:54pm On Apr 06, 2015
babyosisi:
I woke up today expecting a denial but alas it is so true
This is what happens when a mad man is made the spokesman.This lunatic ought to be arrested immediately and taught a lesson he would never forget.
No so called leader should be able to make statements like this and get away with it.
May he and his entire generation perish in the waters
Amen

undecided undecided
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 06, 2015
The cowardly chicken in now recanting some of his statements but his foolish arrogance still rings through
There is nothing to clarify,journalists were present when madness overtook him
His throne and the lagoon do not protect any Igbo man or woman in Lagos
Our protection is from God almighty and if he arrogates such authority to himself,God will cut him down like a tree and mow his dirty behind like a lawn.
He should read about Nebuchadnezzar

The palace of the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, has issued a statement, clarifying the Oba’s statement when Igbo leaders in Lagos visited him on Sunday.
Read full statement below.
THE PALACE MAKES FURTHER CLARIFICATION ON THE STATEMENT BY THE OBA OF LAGOS.
‎My attention has been drawn to a publication in a national newspaper where HRM Oba Riliwanu Akinolu was alleged to have threatened Igbos in Lagos to make them vote for Ambode.
Last Sunday, all honorary Eze Ndigbos in Lagos paid a courtesy call to HRM Oba Akinolu. At the meeting the visitors praised the Oba for his fatherly support for and cooperation with Igbos in. Lagos. They assured him of their continued good neighborliness with other tribes in Lagos and support everything that’ll further strengthen that harmony.
Oba Akiolu on his part acknowledged the enviable performance of Governor Fashola and his contribution to the growth of investments in Lagos. He gave the assurance that he is not disturbed or angry with South-East and South- South votes for President Jonathan as perceived by the Eze Ndigbos. The Obas thereafter called on the Igbos chiefs to show appreciation to Lagos State by supporting his candidate Mr. Ambode for continuity of excellence as they have earlier promised.
He assured them of his continued support‎ and assistance where needed and the meeting ended with the traditional breaking of kolas, alligator pepper, and bitter kola and pouring of liberation on the ground. It was within this context that that the tradition of Lagos with regard to the lagoon came up. It was noted that whoever works against the throne and the interest and peaceful co-existence of Lagos would end up in the lagoon as per tradition.
2.Oba Akiolu stated further that the Igbo people have not betrayed the throne. Lagos has also not betrayed the Igbo people. Lagos has done so much to make the Igbos comfortable and to prosper. For this, we expect reciprocal respect and understanding. The Oba of Lagos prays that the Lagoon and the throne will continue to bless and protect all those who reside and visit Lagos.
3. Oba Akiolu is the father of all irrespective of tribe, religion or political persuasion. In Lagos, we have an old traditional proverb that relates to the Lagoon. The Lagoon is unique to Lagos. The proverb stresses the need for unity and understanding when you do business in an environment and in this case when you live and do business in Lagos.
Oba Akiolu prays for peace for the land of Lagos and prosperity for all its inhabitants.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/180665-alleged-anti-igbo-comment-what-oba-akiolu-really-said-palace.html[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by VirginFinder: 4:57pm On Apr 06, 2015
KINGSNEEZE:
OGA do ur home work well, after last general election , 3 igbo reps emerged. To represent 3 out of 6 constituencies in Lagos state . 1 for oshodi-isola , ajegunle and another one for surulere constituency

Not every news you read on NL is accurate!
That was why I asked how many federal constituencies are in Oshodi/Isolo because just yesterday, I watched Mutiu Shadimu who won the Oshodi/Isolo fed constituency election on STV complaining on how he won the APC candidate only by a slight margin instead of the landslide he was expecting.

As for Ajeromi/Ifelodun, he's an Urhobo man not Igbo.
I dont know of the others.

NL is more of a gossip outlet and shouldnt be taken seriously.

For instance, the 'news' or title of this thread we are debating is outrightly false.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by VirginFinder: 4:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
KINGSNEEZE:
OGA do ur home work well, after last general election , 3 igbo reps emerged. To represent 3 out of 6 constituencies in Lagos state . 1 for oshodi-isola , ajegunle and another one for surulere constituency

Also, FYI, Lagos has nothing less than 20 federal constituencies.
You must be semi-literate.
Semi-literate ibos like you abound in this forum.
It is well.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
isalegan2:

undecided undecided

That was what he wished Igbos
Why quote me without quoting what I referred to?

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by isalegan2: 4:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
It's too bad that Igbo people are being used by enemies of Nigeria, politicians, and Nairaland tribalists alike. Jeje l'omo Ibo n se business e. What does he care which party rules Lagos. cheesy

<<Throwing up my hands>>
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 06, 2015
However, four people, including a journalist, who were at the meeting at the Iga Idunganran palace on Lagos Island confirmed to PREMIUM TIMES that Mr. Akiolu indeed made the statements attributed to him.
One of those who was at the meeting said that after Mr. Akiolu ended his diatribe to the Igbo leaders, he walked out on them.
“When he came down the stairs to meet with us, he was already vibrating with anger,” said a source who preferred not to be named.
Gordian Ojiako, Eze Ndi-Igbo in Amuwo-Oriade, confirmed the incident adding that Mr. Akiolu said worse things to them before storming out of the room.

The cowardly chicken cannot soft pedal now
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by isalegan2: 5:01pm On Apr 06, 2015
babyosisi:

That was what he wished Igbos
Why quote me without quoting what I referred to?

'His generation' are those of his age group; a generation is counted as 30 years. undecided
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by tpiadotcom: 5:02pm On Apr 06, 2015
isalegan2:
It's too bad that Igbo people are being used by enemies of Nigeria, politicians, and Nairaland tribalists alike. Jeje l'omo Ibo n se business e. What does he care which party rules Lagos. cheesy

<<Throwing up my hands>>

You should care.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by freecocoa(f): 5:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
isalegan2:

'His generation' are those of his age group; a generation is counted as 30 years. undecided

You still dey NL?

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply)

Peter Obi Clears Amuwo-odofin Lagos With Wide Margin - Punch / Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death / Fatima Buhari Becomes 4th Wife To Gimba Yau Kumo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.