Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,901 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun (108604 Views)

The Mayor Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Ibos On Planned Biafra Protest In Lagos / Senate President, Bukola Saraki Reads Riot Act On Unremitted Funds / Amaechi Begs For Forgiveness, Sues For Peace During Guber Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Everest4: 7:52am On Apr 06, 2015
dre11:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=113029
what nonsense, who is he? To dictate for the IGBOs, is he above constitution dat gave us right to vote, if indeed he said dat, he is not suppose to be on dat fetish seat. U can only lobby ur wish, not by compel .

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by OdenigboAroli2: 7:52am On Apr 06, 2015
Gbawe:
People should stop hyperventilating. The Oba did not make these statements. Nothing will stop Agbaje losing woefully on Saturday. Not even these late and cheap propaganda to whip up ethnic sentiments in voters.

if he didn't make the statements he should come begging igbos now, olse ambode will be agbero chairman for the next eight years

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by deletrue: 7:52am On Apr 06, 2015
Firefire:
... and the intimidation continue... Oba, indeed. undecided

Let the so called Oba know that power belongs only to Almighty God and He gives to whosoever He wishes.
Yes, power belong to God. Am cold to read this from an Oba, who is suppose to do only things that will bring peace. This clearly shows that we are indeed NOT ONE. With this kind of Obas, Obasanjos etc. Nigerians will continue to witness weakness and downward fall. May God take control. Is this a country? Where an higly placed Oba opens his mouth and swear that some people will die if they fail to vote for their candidate? Tufiakwa, Buhari and his yoruba partners will never succeed in turning down this country.

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:52am On Apr 06, 2015
rudedough:
I've said it over and over again, this online bravado doesn't raise any dust. If you feel you are man enough to confront Igbos in Lagos, do so where the metal meet the meat and not online. I'm currently in Lagos, Nigeria, i and my family will vote for AGBAJE, an Igbo-friendly Yoruba man whether Mr. Oba likes it or not. I'm an Igbo man, i'm NO COWARD!!!
I'm sorry but Just Kidding can't win. Sorry!
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Boller: 7:53am On Apr 06, 2015
Don't mind igbo people when you give 1 yard they want to take one mile because tthey are given opportunity to produce commissioner they now believe we own lagos together . I often hear them saying lagos is no man's land. Now they want to choose Governor for us. Tufiakwua. Can a Yoruba man contest for a post in Onitsha or Aba abi yoruba no they stay there? Oba has spoken. Aye ti gba yin ju.

3 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by adesegun121(m): 7:53am On Apr 06, 2015
Firefire:
... and the intimidation continue... Oba, indeed. undecided

Let the so called Oba know that power belongs only to Almighty God and He gives to whosoever He wishes.

mr fire fire u don start again..
U are nothin but a loser....

Idiot
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 06, 2015
Foolish king that talks like a baby & lacks wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Collynzo9: 7:53am On Apr 06, 2015
Even the Igbos who travelled for Easter will be returning to vote Agbaje after this threat.

11 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by fr3do(m): 7:53am On Apr 06, 2015
This man is a tout, he should learn how to be a royal father from the Oba of Benin or Asagba of Asaba.

3 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Ayus34(m): 7:53am On Apr 06, 2015
OdenigboAroli2:

our land is more developed than all yoruba
accepted. ....but just leave to ur paradise, why will u chose to be in hell, when u ve a paradise? ??only a foolish being does that!

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by EMMANUEL69: 7:53am On Apr 06, 2015
How are we sure that the Oba of Lagos said something like that? Is there an audio recording of his voice? I think that it is an attempt to malign the man and Ambode.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Rooy57(m): 7:54am On Apr 06, 2015
dre11:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=113029

not sensible. I believe it's PDP propaganda
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by oneeast: 7:54am On Apr 06, 2015
General, I just hope so.

Scatterboss:

General, I am very sure the Oba did not say those trash. Though, he endorsed Ambode but he can never threaten any group nor tribe to vote for him, the propaganda is too cheap and can cause something else in Lagos.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Kingspin(m): 7:54am On Apr 06, 2015
otipoju:
The first law I learnt on the streets is that no matter how strong you are or how well you can fight, you do not look for trouble away from home, you can defend yourself and quickly find an escape route if need arises.

1. You do not know the nooks and crannys of a strange land.

2. If wahala start and you are outnumbered as surely you will be, how do you escape.

So since these guys have more to loose in potential income and possible destruction of goods if trouble starts, it is not wise to go against your hosts in any form..it is common sense.

And really the Oba has a point, can his people go across the Niger and start telling their hosts that it is no mans land...take it or leave it, it is really disrespectful and no good can come out of it.

Even other Yoruba tribes that are not indegenes of Lagos know their boundaries and limitations.

When Mbu came and started flexing muscles, it did not take long for him to adjust...

What you can't take dont try to give.
Does ur point has anything to do with the growth and development of Lagos Nigeria?
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by sk4real2(m): 7:54am On Apr 06, 2015
I think this obA is high with some spirits, in a Democratic govt oba is threatening people!!!!
God forbid, change has come and it must consume Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Uchan4u(m): 7:54am On Apr 06, 2015
Alcatraz001:

Ok ooooo, dem dey tell una now,una no wan hear....if e start to set na ibos go lose pass oooo.U can't defeat a man in his home!

Guy can u fight now
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Aroh48(m): 7:54am On Apr 06, 2015
jared007:
The ibos better be smart becos they can't win a war in lagos. They will be outnumbered by neighbouring sympathetic yorubas 4rm Oyo, Ogun,Ekiti and Ondo states. Their only only means of escape is through the Atlantic Ocean!
I am suprise at ur comment

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 06, 2015
desdichando:
on this I concur with u 100percent...a shw down for all ages between d igbos and yaribas with d hausas as referees...even all d local juju they believe in wnt b enuff

Ah ah; I didn't know u r a fellow biafran; and u join all those ofe*mmanu boys to fight me on sexuality thread??
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by SirRoberto(m): 7:54am On Apr 06, 2015
Change is coming to lagos and the thiefnibus are afraid

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:54am On Apr 06, 2015
putin3:
Any Igbo man that vote ambode will die. Jim is our man.i personally will vote Jim.Bleep oba of Lagos.may almighty God strike him with thouder for threaten Igbos
Any Igbo that will vote Ambode shall live and prosper!
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by larrymoore(m): 7:54am On Apr 06, 2015
The oba has been bribed.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Psuedy(f): 7:55am On Apr 06, 2015
loloabbey:
Am yoruba man why oba of lagos treating the ibos, oba should learned from Jonathan down fall. That statement can make ambode to loss election. And also oba of lagos should emulate awujale who told president Jonathan that oba cannot imposed candidate on his people because both indigenes and non indigenes ave there choice thanks

Godbless u...So many dnt knw wen to leave tribal sentiments & call.a spade a spade..wat was said;if atall said is 100shades of WRONG!!!!
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 06, 2015
If the Oba really said this, then shame on him for inciting ethnic hatred.
People have the unreserved right to vote for the candidate of their choice.

4 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by inspbado(m): 7:55am On Apr 06, 2015
I don't for one second believe this news report from Sun newspaper, because I've known them to be really tainted and bias in their reportage. So it could be the pdp trying to be mischievous leading to the polls. However, be that as it may, I don't like the way the oba of Lagos dabbles into partisan politics. I really think he should take a cue from the oba of ijebu land and not take an open stance on any candidate, even though he could support his candidate behind closed doors. that's the way an oba should behave. And yes, I'll rather want the apc to govern Lagos now; the party had always complained in the past that the pdp-controlled federal govt was sabotaging its efforts at taking Lagos higher than it is now. So now that the party is in control at the federal level, I would want to give them a chance to prove to me that they can truely get the job done using the almighty "federal might". If they don't perform wonders in 4years time, then we boot them out! Simples
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by ThimmyWood(m): 7:55am On Apr 06, 2015
koma1:
Oba you don't threaten anyone to vote for your candidate there is a better way of going abt it.you are not helping Ambode by doing that.

Exactly my brother, I think the Oba went too far.
I hate it when Obas are partisan.
As a Yoruba boy, abeg my Igbo brothers in Lag, make una no vex ooo, but pls ensure that you vote for Ambode.

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by OdenigboAroli2: 7:55am On Apr 06, 2015
Ayus34:

accepted. ....but just leave to ur paradise, why will u chose to be in hell, when u ve a paradise? ??only a foolish being does that!

to conquer the hell and make it better, like we did to Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 06, 2015
Boller:
Don't mind igbo people when you give 1 yard they want to take one mile because tthey are given opportunity to produce commissioner they now believe we own lagos together . I often hear them saying lagos is no man's land. Now they want to choose Governor for us. Tufiakwua. Can a Yoruba man contest for a post in Onitsha or Aba abi yoruba no they stay there? Oba has spoken. Aye ti gba yin ju.

A wise king with wisdom doesn't & can never say a thing like that...Igbos built lagos #Fact

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (41) (Reply)

Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death / Fatima Buhari Becomes 4th Wife To Gimba Yau Kumo / Florence Ajimobi: My Husband, Abiola Cheated Twice And I Forgave Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.