Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,359 members, 7,954,467 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:37 PM

Emotional Rush - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Emotional Rush (6306 Views)

"Cucumber Is My Husband" Lady Gets Emotional About The Cucumber. / When You Rush And Choose Fanta At A Party And Malt Comes Later (pics) / Why Rush Into Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emotional Rush by kinglekan: 2:52pm On Apr 06, 2015

I know we all don't like to read very long threads, but kindly be patient enough to read through this. grin

Most ladies often wonder what changed after they started dating a guy and the question that comes to mind is "Why doesn't he love me like he used to" .

The answer simply is "Emotional Rush"

Infatuation stimulates fantasies of
permanent bonding. The period of "The Chase" as I like to call it, is also where a lot of ladies seem to assume wrongly.

The Chase

This is the period a guy tries to woo a lady. There are two common mistakes ladies make at this stage.

1. Assume that if she plays hard to get for a very long time and he keeps coming back, then it means he truly loves her. Yes that might be true but its still a wrong assumption.

Men are wired like Lions. Most of them don't give up easily till they get what they want. I don't need to write too much on this though. Remember the "Player" in the movie "Act like a lady, think like a man". Am sure you do. grin

2. Assume that he would always be a gentle man. Common ladies, you keep hearing the saying "You don't get a second chance to make a first impression" .

Guys know how to keep making that first impression, as a matter of fact we just "keep the act on repeat mode". A guy is at his very best when wooing a lady, so don't assume this is his real personality.

Now Back To The Topic

You know that spark at the beginning that suddenly ignites with a new person or in a situation that has newly switched from "The Chase" to a romantic relationship.

That spark, that sparkling, delightfully sexually intense feeling when you first fall in love, feels so good, you are likely to want the feeling to last forever. smiley

I bet you do grin

Alas, it won’t. Not to sound like a pessimist, this is the reason why;

No matter how good the match, the strong sexualized draw of infatuation, its only a temporary phenomenon associated with newness and insecurity.

Ladies on the other hand are quite emotional. Those emotions they had at the initial stage keeps growing especially when they are really into the guy, while for the guy it takes a downward toll. (NB: There are always exceptions and rare cases where its the reverse).

Men are wired in such a way that their excitement level begins to reduce after they finally get the lady. He doesn't see the need to do the little things he used to do during "The Chase".

So welcome to reality. This is his true nature. He can't keep on the "act" and now the lady is wondering what's going wrong after they have been having an exciting relationship for months.

You have enjoyed the period of the "Emotional Rush". The period he couldn't do without hearing your voice, the period he just wanted to tell you those sweet little nothings. At this stage its up to both partners to "Rekindle the Spark".

(Coming up with a thread on "Rekindling the Spark" soon but I might write something on "Getting to know the Man behind the first impression" before that).

Let the comments roll grin

Danke!!!!

Cc:
Ferano
Ishilove
Lala247

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emotional Rush by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 06, 2015
Incredible write-up Op. Let me just share my thoughts

In your first point regarding the chase period, you said that most ladies wrongly assume that a guy is in love with them because of his relentlessness in trying to win her heart.
Although I would agree with you to an extent but I believe it depends on the reason for which he is chasing after her.
I believe if a guy truly loves a woman, he wouldn't give up in pursuit for her love.

I also don't agree with your second point because although guys always tries to make a good impression, especially when they see a lady they like, that doesn't mean every character a guy expresses when he meets a lady he likes for the first time is a facade.
Even if a guy decides to pretend, I believe there is a level you reach in concealing your true character.

Everything just boils down to the personality of the individual and his true intentions for wanting to go into a relationship in the first place

Finally you made the statement that men are generally wired in a way that their excitement level begins to reduce after they finally get a lady and for ladies its the opposite.....
Well I would say you are wrong. I think that's just how humans are, whether male or female.

Thanks
Re: Emotional Rush by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 06, 2015
or if you think the article is long..

Jes text 'Tips on Emotional Rush' to 33133.

1 Like

Re: Emotional Rush by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
shocked embarassed
Re: Emotional Rush by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 06, 2015
NinoBrown888:
or if you think the article is long..

Jes text 'Tips on Emotional Rush' to 33133.

It would be nice If you'd just made a relevant contribution.....

2 Likes

Re: Emotional Rush by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 06, 2015
missclasssy:

It would be nice If you'd just made a relevant contribution.....

Okay.

3 Likes

Re: Emotional Rush by kinglekan: 4:39pm On Apr 06, 2015
missclasssy:

In your first point regarding the chase period, you said that most ladies wrongly assume that a guy is in love with them because of his relentlessness in trying to win her heart.
Although I would agree with you to an extent but I believe it depends on the reason for which he is chasing after her.
I believe if a guy truly loves a woman, he wouldn't give up in pursuit for her love.

I also don't agree with your second point because although guys always tries to make a good impression, especially when they see a lady they like, that doesn't mean every character a guy expresses when he meets a lady he likes for the first time is a facade.
Even if a guy decides to pretend, I believe there is a level you reach in concealing your true character.

Everything just boils down to the personality of the individual and his true intentions for wanting to go into a relationship in the first place

Finally you made the statement that men are generally wired in a way that their excitement level begins to reduce after they finally get a lady and for ladies its the opposite.....
Well I would say you are wrong. I think that's just how humans are, whether male or female.

Thanks

smiley

Thanks for the carefully written long comment.

1 Like

Re: Emotional Rush by kinglekan: 4:40pm On Apr 06, 2015
DarkAngel86:
shocked embarassed

What's wrong swts??

smiley
Re: Emotional Rush by mirexxx(f): 4:41pm On Apr 06, 2015

1 Like

Re: Emotional Rush by Afeezoladapo(m): 4:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
9ce write up!

1 Like

Re: Emotional Rush by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
kinglekan:

What's wrong swts??

smiley

I'm sad and shocked because that explains why we always feel like we've done something wrong. The worst is when men do this after the deed is done ($3x) we always feel used and we push the man away. So are you saying we shouldn't push the man away? Or are you saying we should just deal with it as in it is what it is? cry

Pls tag me on your follow up threads on this matter. Im intrigued. embarassed

P.s. brilliant write up cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emotional Rush by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
DarkAngel86:
shocked embarassed

Why do I love u?
Re: Emotional Rush by kinglekan: 5:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
missclasssy:

Sure dear and that's why I also included this in the write up

"Yes that might be true but its still a wrong assumption."

As a lady so many guys tend to play the part of "relentless pursuit" just to win her heart. Now my point is this she shouldn't make an assumption at this stage and her decision on who she goes out with shouldn't just be based on the fact that he keeps coming back.

missclasssy:

Everything just boils down to the personality of the individual and his true intentions for wanting to go into a relationship in the first place.

I agree perfectly with you that there is a level to which one can conceal his character and definitely not all the character the guy expresses is a facade. Am just saying he would naturally do simple things in a better way.

Let me give you practical examples of what I meant by "keeping the act on repeat mode".

A guy who isn't really much of a talker would try to beat that and come out as a great talker, one who probably prefers texting to calling, would call a whole lot. Traits such as jealousy, insecurity, low self esteem can be concealed at this stage.

missclasssy:

Thanks

Agreed smiley
Re: Emotional Rush by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
[b][/b]
jacksparrow1207:

Why do I love u?

grin cause you're crazy angry
Re: Emotional Rush by kinglekan: 5:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
Afeezoladapo:
9ce write up!

Thanks dear. smiley
Re: Emotional Rush by kinglekan: 5:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
mirexxx:

Baby I hope you didn't read all of that just to type a "full stop" as a comment.

Criticisms are allowed ooo. grin
Re: Emotional Rush by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
DarkAngel86:
[b][/b]

grin cause you're crazy angry

Yea! Crazy About u
Re: Emotional Rush by kinglekan: 5:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
Mk contributions too. smiley

Cc:
Tosyne2much
Judie7654
Tameera
Cutieberie1
Eggovinmma
Tandullceblog
Orijin101
Stephenqueen
Ladibright
SubbieD
Tohpahz
Mizkeleke
Beamborla
Houseofglam7
Cherryice
Sandrahnaub
Lagmostkuit

Danke!!!!

1 Like

Re: Emotional Rush by mirexxx(f): 5:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
kinglekan:

Baby I hope you didn't read all of that just to type a "full stop" as a comment.

Criticisms are allowed ooo. grin
I haven't read it yet! i will comment when i do

1 Like

Re: Emotional Rush by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 06, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

Yea! Crazy About u

You're proofing the op right. This is what he is talking about embarassed

No! I will not fall grin
Re: Emotional Rush by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 06, 2015
DarkAngel86:

No! I will not fall grin

Then stop driving me crazy
Re: Emotional Rush by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
Slow and steady wins the race. be able to read people's thoughts, actions and expressions. it helps a lot smiley
Re: Emotional Rush by kinglekan: 5:42pm On Apr 06, 2015
DarkAngel86:

I'm sad and shocked because that explains why we always feel like we've done something wrong. The worst is when men do this after the deed is done ($3x) we always feel used and we push the man away. So are you saying we shouldn't push the man away? Or are you saying we should just deal with it as in it is what it is? cry

Pls tag me on your follow up threads on this matter. Im intrigued. embarassed

P.s. brilliant write up cool

Oh thanks for this comment. Am so touched. I would definitely tag you in the follow up threads once I am ready to put it up.

On the issue of sex I honestly do feel the pain of several ladies. What I tell my female pals is this, sex doesn't and would never win a mans heart. There is no such thing as "best ever sex". There is another lady out there who can do it much better than you.

Here is the first thing to know or ask yourself in any serious relationship. "Why are you in it".

Quite frankly most guys just don't like the idea of being single and would tell you sweet nothings just to date you. Once he is in the relationship, he feels like the "losing party".

He feels like he needs to get something
in return and SEX is the only appealing thing. His reaction when you deny him sex tells a whole lot about the future of the relationship.

I know ladies also want sex but my point is this be sure he is not only in love with your looks and curves. There isn't a formula for finding this out. You just have to figure out a way yourself. smiley

1 Like

Re: Emotional Rush by kinglekan: 5:42pm On Apr 06, 2015
DarkAngel86:

No! I will not fall grin

wink
Re: Emotional Rush by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
My socks are on the other side of the room. shocked

You've blew my socks off grin

I understand where you're coming from and I look forward to your follow up threads. kiss

kinglekan:

Oh thanks for this comment. Am so touched. I would definitely tag you in the follow up threads once I am ready to put it up.

On the issue of sex I honestly do feel the pain of several ladies. What I tell my female pals is this, sex doesn't and would never win a mans heart. There is no such thing as "best ever sex". There is another lady out there who can do it much better than you.

Here is the first thing to know or ask yourself in any serious relationship. "Why are you in it".

Quite frankly most guys just don't like the idea of being single and would tell you sweet nothings just to date a you. Once he is in the relationship, he feels like the "losing party".

He feels like he needs to get something
in return and SEX is the only appealing thing. His reaction when you deny him sex tells a whole lot about the future of the relationship.

I know ladies also want sex but my point is this be sure he is not only in love with your looks and curves. There isn't a formula for finding this out. You just have to figure out a way yourself. smiley

1 Like

Re: Emotional Rush by kinglekan: 6:06pm On Apr 06, 2015
mirexxx:
I haven't read it yet! i will comment when i do

Ok hun. smiley
Re: Emotional Rush by ronald4lif(m): 6:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
Good read and very interesting follow up comments. Thankfully, the weed smokers and distributors haven't found their way to the thread. Makes it even more interesting and educating. grin

OP like you rightly said, the chasing period is different from when the relationship kicks off. The chase period mostly reeks of fables - it's make believe. If a guy want to keep up with the things he did, the positive impression he created, during the chase period when a relationship sets in then I'll advise he quits his job maybe. cheesy For that will be completely tiring and time consuming. I always tell people that relationship in itself it's a full time employment. Lol

The constant messaging, long repeated calls, outings etc is unsustainable when a relationship kicks off. You see, I think this could be one of the reasons many women are of the opinion that their man no longer care about them after a few month of dating. Probably because their expectation are high. You know, like if he could do all those stuffs, be that nice and caring when he was after my love, he should be more appreciative now that I'm all his. Sadly, it doesn't work this way. And this could also apply for married couples.

Women should know that the fact that a man is no longer all chatty or caring like after the chase phase doesn't necessarily means he doesn't care or love them anymore. Generally, in life humans are innately excited by new acquisition, and once days, weeks and years passes-by, this excitement most times diminishes. This is not comparing women to goods, sorry but that's how humans are program to be. Again, it was a good read.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emotional Rush by Twaci(f): 6:21pm On Apr 06, 2015
Nice one OP!

Av learnt a lot from this! smiley

1 Like

Re: Emotional Rush by ERCROSS(m): 6:25pm On Apr 06, 2015
kinglekan:

I know we all don't like to read very long threads, but kindly be patient enough to read through this. grin

Most ladies often wonder what changed after they started dating a guy and the question that comes to mind is "Why doesn't he love me like he used to" .

The answer simply is "Emotional Rush"

Infatuation stimulates fantasies of
permanent bonding. The period of "The Chase" as I like to call it, is also where a lot of ladies seem to assume wrongly.

The Chase

This is the period a guy tries to woo a lady. There are two common mistakes ladies make at this stage.

1. Assume that if she plays hard to get for a very long time and he keeps coming back, then it means he truly loves her. Yes that might be true but its still a wrong assumption.

Men are wired like Lions. Most of them don't give up easily till they get what they want. I don't need to write too much on this though. Remember the "Player" in the movie "Act like a lady, think like a man". Am sure you do. grin

2. Assume that he would always be a gentle man. Common ladies, you keep hearing the saying "You don't get a second chance to make a first impression" .

Guys know how to keep making that first impression, as a matter of fact we just "keep the act on repeat mode". A guy is at his very best when wooing a lady, so don't assume this is his real personality.

Now Back To The Topic

You know that spark at the beginning that suddenly ignites with a new person or in a situation that has newly switched from "The Chase" to a romantic relationship.

That spark, that sparkling, delightfully sexually intense feeling when you first fall in love, feels so good, you are likely to want the feeling to last forever. smiley

I bet you do grin

Alas, it won’t. Not to sound like a pessimist, this is the reason why;

No matter how good the match, the strong sexualized draw of infatuation, its only a temporary phenomenon associated with newness and insecurity.

Ladies on the other hand are quite emotional. Those emotions they had at the initial stage keeps growing especially when they are really into the guy, while for the guy it takes a downward toll. (NB: There are always exceptions and rare cases where its the reverse).

Men are wired in such a way that their excitement level begins to reduce after they finally get the lady. He doesn't see the need to do the little things he used to do during "The Chase".

So welcome to reality. This is his true nature. He can't keep on the "act" and now the lady is wondering what's going wrong after they have been having an exciting relationship for months.

You have enjoyed the period of the "Emotional Rush". The period he couldn't do without hearing your voice, the period he just wanted to tell you those sweet little nothings. At this stage its up to both partners to "Rekindle the Spark".

(Coming up with a thread on "Rekindling the Spark" soon but I might write something on "Getting to know the Man behind the first impression" before that).

Let the comments roll grin

Danke!!!!

Cc:
Ferano
Ishilove
Lala247

Han-ahn[b] broz ... Must u tell them everything, now the relationship no ho dey sweet again...
Mtcheeew[/b]
Re: Emotional Rush by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 06, 2015
There are exceptions to some gals like us...baracuda..we make the playas playee wink...emotional rush,huh? Howbeit understand falling in love against choosing to love...oh well
Re: Emotional Rush by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 06, 2015
And men say women are confusing! See yourselves angry

1 Like

Re: Emotional Rush by kinglekan: 7:05pm On Apr 06, 2015
ERCROSS:

Han-ahn broz ... Must u tell them everything, now the relationship no ho dey sweet again...
Mtcheeew

Nor vex bro. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Ishilove! / Are Nairaland Men This Desperate? / She's all grown up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.