Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,099 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:12 AM

Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo (2933 Views)

My Voice Was Used In The Leaked Audio Recording – Wike Cries Out / See What Popular Actor Okon Lagos Said About Buhari In China (pix) / An Audio Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To The Igbos....posted By Premium Times. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by raumdeuter: 6:45pm On Apr 06, 2015
MizMyColi:

Why won't you call a spade a spade for once?

A man resorts to making threats and muffling a people whose only crime is finding and developing settlements, one that benefits their immediate environment; people who are royalty in their own rights...and this is what you have to say?

I doubt you have a conscience, I doubt it's still alive.
Perhaps, you're a Nihilist.

Spade for spade where?

The man is the ruler of Lagos and he spoke the mind of his subject. Remove political correctness, majority of Lagos indigenes support him

He has offered you his land and that of his ancestors to trade and make fortunes for yourself, Is that not enough?

If you have a conscience you would not seek to go against the wish of a benevolent host

1 Like

Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by MizMyColi(f): 6:46pm On Apr 06, 2015
Ramdeuter should learn from this woman.

Has her love and Partisanship for APC waned?
No!

However, a times comes when we must put down our poles of partisanship and say things like they really are.

Calling out a race and threatening them with death in a muddy, potty, shitty lagoon?

Whatever that means, it is so unacceptable.
Kings ought to speak with the wisdom of gods and celestial beings.

MzJackBaueress:
I just wasted 1.6mb downloading the video from a better link.

If Oba Rilwan Akiolu actually made that statement,then I am highly disappointed.

Ambode just lost few Igbos who would have voted for him,as well as some yorubas and hausas and even other ethnic groups in lagos.

The statement is really a dangerous one,very dangerous!

Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by omenka(m): 6:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
Gboliwe:
Omenka, listen to this and free your conscience.
Something appears wrong with the link. Have been returning a 500 error. But be that as it may, if indeed he made such a statement "verbatim", then it is absolutely inappropriate and condemnable. No one has the right to threaten or command anyone to vote for anyone, least of all, an Oba. Traditional rulers are supposed to be impartial in politics, ditto religious leaders.

That said, where were all there people latching on this to score some political points when Oyedepo made similar statement?? Where were they when Patience ordered that APC supporters be stoned wherever they are found??
The double standard is quite nauseating.

4 Likes

Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by CCsurplus007(m): 6:50pm On Apr 06, 2015
abduljabbar4:
As for me, it is good. He is right and I'm impressed

People like you are the real issues with this country. Pathetic fellow.
Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by Iykopee(m): 6:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

Spade for spade where?

The man is the ruler of Lagos and he spoke the mind of his subject. Remove political correctness, majority of Lagos indigenes support him

He has offered you his land and that of his ancestors to trade and make fortunes for yourself, Is that not enough?

If you have a conscience you would not seek to go against the wish of a benevolent host

^^^ He gave them his land free of charge or they bought the said land from him? Mehn this is nauseating to say the least. besides in a democracy u dont foist a gubernatorial candidate on the people, and whether he likes it or not the igbos must vote a candidate of their choice with no form of coercion by a certain cretin.. Change has come to stay.

1 Like

Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by raumdeuter: 6:55pm On Apr 06, 2015
Iykopee:

^^^ He gave them his land free of charge or they bought the said land from him? Mehn this is nauseating to say the least. besides in a democracy u dont foist a gubernatorial candidate on the people, and whether he likes it or not the igbos must vote a candidate of their choice with no form of coercion by a certain cretin.. Change has come to stay.

He even allowed you to buy the land and gave you a say.

The freedom you dont enjoy anywhere else in Nigeria not even in your own land, He gave you

Stay in your lane and dont bte the fingers that fed you for decades
Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by MizMyColi(f): 6:55pm On Apr 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

Spade for spade where?

And this benevolent host, in a bid to get me to do his bidding threatens me, my life?

What wisdom is in that....

If he thinks the ibos are a menace, a thorn in the flesh....why not write a decree, that all Ibos go home?
Simple....
We all need eachother to survive.
Matters like this should be approached with tact.

There is bits of rebellion in everyone.

Statements like this make it seem like they're being pushed to the wall....

Every tribe has a talent they bring to the table....something that stands them out.
It is innate.

I needn't emphasize what the Ibos bring...
I'm not here to sing their praises either.

Well, so much for practicing true federalism.
Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by zicoraads: 6:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
MizMyColi..were you able to download? I can't find my way around it...
Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by Tobbie9(m): 7:00pm On Apr 06, 2015
When I say Nigeria will still collapse, some people will be yarning dust. This year should be interesting
Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by zicoraads: 7:01pm On Apr 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

The freedom you dont enjoy anywhere else in Nigeria not even in your own land, He gave you

I really don't know why they are wasting precious time trying to knock sense into you.
Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by raumdeuter: 7:01pm On Apr 06, 2015
MizMyColi:
And this benevolent host, in a bid to get me to do his bidding threatens me, my life?

What wisdom is in that....
If he thinks the ibos are a menace, a thorn in the flesh....why not write a decree, that all Ibos go home?
Simple....
We all need eachother to survive.
Matters like this should be approached with tact.

There is bits of rebellion in everyone.
Statements like this make it seem like they're being pushed to the wall....
Every tribe has a talent they bring to the table....something that stands them out.
It is innate.
I needn't emphasize what the Ibos bring...
I'm not here to sing their praises either.

Well, so much for practicing true federalism.

This benevolent host didnt threaten your life for several decades what suddenly changed? Thats what you should be asking yourself

Push what to do wall? In his own house? If someone push you to the wall in their house then leave and go your papa house.

If your friend push you to the wall in their own house wont you simply leave?

When youre in Rome do like ROmans want. Akiolu has said his own and the subjects support him

1 Like

Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by TheOnlyWiseMan: 7:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
omenka:
Something appears wrong with the link. Have been returning a 500 error. But be that as it may, if indeed he made such a statement "verbatim", then it is absolutely inappropriate and condemnable. No one has the right to threaten or command anyone to vote for anyone, least of all, an Oba. Traditional rulers are supposed to be impartial in politics, ditto religious leaders.
........................................................... .............. ...........
That said, where were all there people latching on this to score some political points when Oyedepo made similar statement?? Where were they when Patience ordered that APC supporters be stoned wherever they are found??
The double standard is quite nauseating.

Is above statements or threats targeted to any particular people?
Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by Iykopee(m): 7:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

^^^^ Everybody is a host in dis country and Nigeria belong to us all. Now tell ur oba to get set for the worst. Yorubas are not only in lagos same as the igbos and if violence erupts based on his inciting comments, it wont end in Lagos state. Now think before u leap.
Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by MizMyColi(f): 7:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
zicoraads:
I really don't know why they are wasting precious time trying to knock sense into you.

I figured.
Same kind of folks we are looking up to as leaders of tomorrow.

I imagine how much tribal hate he fills his children with daily.

God bless every APC folk who stood up against such statement.
Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by raumdeuter: 7:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
Iykopee:

^^^^ Everybody is a host in dis country and Nigeria belong to us all. Now tell ur oba to get set for the worst. Yorubas are not only in lagos same as the igbos and if violence erupts based on his inciting comments, it wont end in Lagos state. Now think before u leap.

Everyone is a host in this country, next time they want to chose Emir of Kano, submit your name

The violence wont end in Lagos but it would affect mostly the ppl who are outside their region

Now use your tongue to count your teeth count the number of Yoruba in Iboland if they are up to the number of Ibos in Lagos alone and see who would lose pass
Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by kaboninc(m): 7:18pm On Apr 06, 2015
MizMyColi:

I figured.
Same kind of folks we are looking up to as leaders of tomorrow.

I imagine how much tribal hate he fills his children with daily.

God bless every APC folk who stood up against such statement.

And vote in Jimi Agbaje
Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by MizMyColi(f): 7:19pm On Apr 06, 2015
zicoraads:
MizMyColi..were you able to download? I can't find my way around it...

I didn't download o

I just clicked play...
Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by MizMyColi(f): 7:20pm On Apr 06, 2015
kaboninc:

And vote in Jimi Agbaje

I think APC will win.

A power drunk Cabal runs Lagos...which is why the Oba's rants are at best....Useless!
Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by kaboninc(m): 7:21pm On Apr 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

This benevolent host didnt threaten your life for several decades what suddenly changed? Thats what you should be asking yourself

Push what to do wall? In his own house? If someone push you to the wall in their house then leave and go your papa house.

If your friend push you to the wall in their own house wont you simply leave?

When youre in Rome do like ROmans want. Akiolu has said his own and the subjects support him

Are you alright?

Like you do not know that Democracy is CHANGING the world today.
Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by shaboti: 7:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
Ilekeh:

hmm

Shey the same Yorubas you abuse daily on NL?
he said well-meaning yorubas, not people like you

1 Like

Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by MizMyColi(f): 7:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
kaboninc:

Are you alright?

Like you do not know that Democracy is CHANGING the world today.

His Archaism can cause a day old baby Serious Meningitis.
cheesy
Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by clevadani: 7:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
PRETTY DISAPPOINTING.
This should be discouraged
Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by Iykopee(m): 7:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

Everyone is a host in this country, next time they want to chose Emir of Kano, submit your name

The violence wont end in Lagos but it would affect mostly the ppl who are outside their region

Now use your tongue to count your teeth count the number of Yoruba in Iboland if they are up to the number of Ibos in Lagos alone and see who would lose pass

^^^ Now the emir of kano is a governorship aspirant... Hehehehehe quite interesting. Now have it in ur mind ur people are living in wide spread across the country. Rest assured u gonna count huge loses aswell if sh1t happens.

Dont believe in urself only igbos are against the senseless comment that bothered on ethnic cleansing emanating from a senile oba. U surely will be surprised when stvpid thing happen.
Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by kaboninc(m): 7:38pm On Apr 06, 2015
MizMyColi:

I think APC will win.

A power drunk Cabal runs Lagos...which is why the Oba's rants are at best....Useless!

He may.

But he'll know the strength of our collective will.
Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by MizMyColi(f): 7:40pm On Apr 06, 2015
kaboninc:

He may.

But he'll know the strength of our collective will.

There is fear in their camp now
Lols
Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by raumdeuter: 7:41pm On Apr 06, 2015
Iykopee:

^^^ Now the emir of kano is a governorship aspirant... Hehehehehe quite interesting. Now have it in ur mind ur people are living in wide spread across the country. Rest assured u gonna count huge loses aswell if sh1t happens.

Dont believe in urself only igbos are against the senseless comment that bothered on ethnic cleansing emanating from a senile oba. U surely will be surprised when stvpid thing happen.

Can you submit yourself for governor of Zamfara state then since its free for all

My people Yorubas live in the North and South South

The number of Yorubas in Ibo states is less than the number of Ibos in Ibadan alone.

SO start anything you want to start and see who losses
Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by Gboliwe: 7:48pm On Apr 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

Can you submit yourself for governor of Zamfara state then since its free for all

The number of Yorubas in Ibo states is less than the number of Ibos in Ibadan alone.

Oga Dayokanu, stop this hate and support for tribalism. Its not right. You should know better.
Kai!

1 Like

Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by MizMyColi(f): 7:50pm On Apr 06, 2015
Gboliwe:

Oga Dayokanu, stop this hate and support for tribalism. Its not right. You should know better.
Kai!
Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by Nihilist: 7:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
MizMyColi:

Why won't you call a spade a spade for once?

A man resorts to making threats and muffling a people whose only crime is finding and developing settlements, one that benefits their immediate environment; people who are royalty in their own rights...and this is what you have to say?

I doubt you have a conscience, I doubt it's still alive.
Perhaps, you're a Nihilist.

I'm a Nihilist cool
Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by Iykopee(m): 7:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

^^^ Is JK an igbo man? This is becoming childish to follow ur lane of thought. Again u have ur brothers everywhere in Nigeria. u better dont act before u think.
Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by MizMyColi(f): 7:53pm On Apr 06, 2015
Nihilist:

I'm a Nihilist cool

Owh good.
Here's a true Nihilist.

Please let's have your take on the topic @hand.
Re: Audio Recording Of What The Oba Of Lagos Said To Ndigbo by raumdeuter: 7:55pm On Apr 06, 2015
Iykopee:

^^^ Is JK an igbo man? This is becoming childish to follow ur lane of thought. Again u have ur brothers everywhere in Nigeria. u better dont act before u think.

JK is a Yorubaman and a relation of the Oba, The Oba has rejected him finito

ANyoen who likes JK so much should go and make JK the governor of his home state

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NSA Or CDS Who Is Superior? / One OF The Lady Who Lost Her Life In The Delta Accident (graphic) / See How A Male Teacher Punished 2 Female Students: Right Or Wrong? [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.