Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,016 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? (35093 Views)

Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech / “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech / Audio Of President Jonathan Calling Buhari To Congratulate (listen) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? by Ishilove: 6:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
This just leaked on twitter. Click on the link below to listen to the purported audio recording of an alleged speech attributed to the Lagos monarch, HRH Oba Rilwan Akiolu, which has inflamed nerves in Lagos state especially.

The Alleged Audio Recording
https://soundcloud.com/chxta-bee/oba-akiolu-speaks-mp3

The twitter page
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2284534_obaspeech_jpeg7a31a8b98b109f64e3f0c348f02bc4fd

https://mobile.twitter.com/jag_bros/status/585118020806270976?p=v
https://soundcloud.com/chxta-bee/oba-akiolu-speaks-mp3

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? by raumdeuter: 6:31pm On Apr 06, 2015
Well said Kabiyesi

Arthur Eze called us Amala people in the presence of Jonathan and heaven didnt fall

62 Likes

Re: Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? by davdandam(m): 6:33pm On Apr 06, 2015
ori ade can say anything he wants to.....ko kan baba anybody, he is a king and in yoruba land we respect our kings....he has said it and so effiiiin what? but still yet sha kabiyesi jk will win this saturday period. grin

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 06, 2015
Nairaland is becoming more and more tribalistic every second.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
Hnnmmn , I am yet to go through it sha
Re: Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? by theimmie(m): 6:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
Re: Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? by DickDastardly(m): 6:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
Oba you messed with the wrong people. Believe you me, we will not only vote for Agbaje but we will now buy off that your dirty mosquito infested lagoon, sandfill it and turn it into paradise in our characteristic style right under your very nose.
If not for the spirit of Easter, i would have negotiated with AMADIOHA on what becomes your fate in the next 7days too. Be guided o grin cool

222 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? by ChinemeOkpan: 6:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
Can you verify the authenticity of the audio? This was manipulated

For argument sake, let us just assume he made this statement. It was just instructional and not a threat

God bless Oba Akiolu of Lagos

Ambode no ni jor

49 Likes

Re: Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? by Allohrandy(m): 6:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
This Oba should be remove from his office as Oba. Also I think all kings in Nigeria should stay away from politics

10 Likes

Re: Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? by Texcoco(m): 6:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
They cannot deny their oba didn't say this since they wholeheartedly accept Audio evidence from Ekitigate...And this here hinges on our call for all well meaning igbos to get ready,disregard any effusive niceties from any yoruba you don't trust and be wary of those you trust(it could be a trap)...this has gone beyond Agbaje or Ambode,it has now become a matter of your right to existence.If you took precaution against Buhari's dogs and Baboons..this is ever more the time to arm and defend your right to vote and to live.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? by nkeona(m): 6:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? by Rilwayne001: 6:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
Ambode DID NOT ask the Oba to say those words for him.

But think about this "Stupidity is when you say Lagos is no mans land but quick to say Niger Delta oil belongs to Niger Deltians. Abeg allow the Oba jare, all this misquoting and twisting of words won't take us anywhere "

I Won’t Discriminate Against Any Tribe – Ambode

http://www.saharareporters.com/2015/04/06/i-won’t-discriminate-against-any-tribe-–-ambode#VSLDMAzsPk4.twitter

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? by dguizman(m): 6:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
See as ppl dey book space dey go...to the topic,I don't think so.

1 Like

Re: Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? by Trailblazer1(m): 6:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
We want the Oba to know that we love challenges. We hereby accept the oba's challenge. Igbos will be voting enmass for Jimi Agbaje and let's see who dies or drowns in the lagoon after 7days.

I can't wait to call him a bastard after 7days

Akiolu will see the fury of hell should any Igbo blood be spilled as a result of this statement

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? by ozoigbondu: 6:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
if this tape is authenic then that oba is a big disgrace to his family and ansectors and nothing more than a common tout.......I never cared for lagos elections but due to this tout i urge my igbo brothers come out enmasse and vote JK lets see whether heaven will fall or lagoon will swallow all of us in 7 days

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? by Adegbodolu1: 6:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
I wont bother to listen to this rubbish tape BUT I HOPE THE OBA SAID WHAT HE IS ALLEDGED TO HAVE SAID.

[size=18pt]WELL SAID KABIYESI[/size]

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
This is not a good look.
Re: Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
undecided
Hmm
Re: Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? by Ojugunrege(f): 6:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
Over 2 u; defenders of the universe...Sebi e ni k'oso bee? angry
The Oba had better just own up & apologise already instead of trying to change mouth!

12 Likes

Re: Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? by Dyt(f): 6:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
If una like curse/beat/rig
Whoever wins
Abeg I dey faind job for govt oo
Foreign affairs/nnpc/nimasa

Pls don't ask me for full meaning
Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? by free2ryhme: 6:37pm On Apr 06, 2015
grin grin
Re: Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? by Trailblazer2: 6:37pm On Apr 06, 2015
Oba of where?
Re: Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? by Ilekeh(f): 6:37pm On Apr 06, 2015
Dyt:
If una like curse/beat/rig
Whoever wins
Abeg I dey faind job for govt oo
Foreign affairs/nnpc/nimasa
Pls don't ask me for full meaning
Thanks in advance

lol

Igbos that enjoy spitting spiteful comments at Yorubas.....what exactly do you expect when you don't respect your host?

How can a homeless man that you host tell you that your house will soon belong to him?

Igbos and Yorubas need to be careful of the words they spew.

You can't come and demand that Yorubas change the culture that has enriched their lands for generations.

Yorubas have been tolerant and welcoming. They let Igbos run for important offices. They let igbos carry high positions in Yorubaland.

But many igbos turn their face and call Yorubas "amala people", "amala politics", "ugly" etc. Yorubas still cannot enjoy the same positions in Igboland because of tribalism and hatred towards Yorubas.

I pray that many Yorubas do not keep the Oba's words in their heart because Yorubas may forgive, but they do not forget. And because they're collective, they act in groups.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? by hizaya61(m): 6:37pm On Apr 06, 2015
I need mb to view the audio any Good Samaritan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Leave Igbos Out Of Shagari's Death!! Nigerians Blasts Ben Bruce On Twitter / Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today / Plot To Impeach Gov Ambode Thickens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.