Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,647 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

“Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech (30286 Views)

I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos / Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech / Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by lalasticlala(m): 6:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
The governorship candidate of the All Progressive Congress in Lagos, Akinwumi Ambode, on Monday said if elected, he would promote the interest of every ethnic groups within the state.
Mr. Ambode, the Lagos APC and the Oba of Lagos, Riliwan Akiolu, have come under fire from Nigerians following a report credited to the Oba that Igbos in Lagos would perish in the lagoon should they fail to vote for Mr. Ambode, his choice for Lagos governorship.

Mr. Ambode is facing stiff opposition from the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Jimi Agbaje, whose party performed well at the March 28 presidential and national assembly elections.
In the heat of hate speech allegation, Mr Ambode, in a statement made available to PREMIUM TIMES Monday afternoon said every group and ethnic is important to build Lagos.

‎”Every group in Lagos will be safe in my hands as governor,” Mr. Ambode said. “I will not discriminate against any religious or ethnic group. It is our Lagos and we must build it together,” he said.

The former Lagos state accountant-general added that he would be a governor for all.

“In my acceptance speech after the primaries I made this note that I will be a governor for all and Lagos is safe in my hands. I want to build on the foundation of unity, peace and progress and development laid by my predecessors.

“And though tongue and tribe may differ, we stand in brotherhood in Lagos from the smallest ethnic groups to the major ones. We are all stakeholders,” the APC candidate said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/180682-anti-igbo-comment-ambode-disowns-oba-of-lagos-says-every-ethnic-group-safe-under-me.html

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by madridguy(m): 6:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
Tolerance is “recognizing and respecting other’s beliefs and practices without sharing in them” It can also be described as “a respect, acceptance and appreciation of the rich diversity of our cultures, our forms of expression and ways of being human. Tolerance is harmony in difference”
One Nigeria....great nation

Sai APC
Sai Ambode

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by ozoigbondu: 7:00pm On Apr 06, 2015
Ambode your oba and your biggest fan told us we are going to die inside lagoon if we vote for JK.Now we have decided to vote J.K since we are proud and arrogant and also detest threats in order to see how the sky is when it falls and now how it feels to die inside lagoon and how many of us it can swallow

296 Likes 34 Shares

Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by temitemi1(m): 7:01pm On Apr 06, 2015
Ambode should go n sit down my igbo pple will never vote for him tongue tongue tongue

125 Likes 10 Shares

Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by Sweetguy25: 7:02pm On Apr 06, 2015
Nonsense. I heard that the Oba is a retired Nigerian Police officer. If he is, then there's no doubt that he must have truly said it. >

Ambode's candidacy has been stained and denigrated by the singular act of the stoopid Oba and he has to pay for it. Lagos is the center of excellence and it is one of the only few cosmopolitan states in Nigeria.

The state should not be associated with human beings like Oba Rilwan and anybody who supports his banal and disgustingly prejudiced and hate filled psyche.

124 Likes 9 Shares

Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by Randerl: 7:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
Tanx
Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by MzJackBaueress(f): 7:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
Mr. Ambode, the statement by Oba Akiolu has caused so much damage already.

The Igbos are yet to forget the deportation saga by Fashola,then this disgusting statement by Oba Akiolu?

Just pray you win the election. If you don't, hold Oba Akiolu responsible for your loss to Jimi Agbaje.

145 Likes 12 Shares

Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by Jk210(f): 7:05pm On Apr 06, 2015
Well said Ambode

Oba Akiolu goofed and has been called out. Can we give it a rest already before the whole thing takes a dimension of Igbo vs Yoruba?

It's expected that PDP would milk this for all it's worth but we must not all get carried away. Other politicians and even our First Lady have made similar calls in the past. It only goes to show how uncouth with speech our leaders are.

It also points to the need for us to respect our host communities and not make them feel threathened. We all know that the leverage Igbo's enjoy in Lagos is not up to what other ethnic groups enjoy in the south east. JK started the ethnic politicking by courting the Igbos which was wrong. Igbo's should go out on Saturday and vote whoever they want.

So please enough of all these threads.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by CR77(f): 7:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
Jimi Agbaje is the best candidate 4 this job

loving Jimi Agbaje

138 Likes 10 Shares

Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
Yes
Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by davdandam(m): 7:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
ambode abi Ambrose or wetin be your name self......oba don kobalise you o hehehehehehhe.jk is just ok cool .... ambo adeti tongue

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by MikeMoses(m): 7:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
wink
Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by DickDastardly(m): 7:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
No freaking fvcking way. Unless you are saying he is no longer your Oba. We are voting AGBAJE, let the heavens now come down. That Oba must go on his knees before saturday for us to rescind our collective decision.
To your tents o israel! cool grin

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by Texcoco(m): 7:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
Ambode,this is not about you nor Agbaje but it is about the Oba,the thousands who hang on his every word and the igbos.You are just one man and it is unfortunate you about to fall victim of indirect tribalism,careless utterances and the social media.The igbos have always been a stubborn lot and with this diatribe,they are now willing to go all the way for PDP because most are eager to see whether the Oba and his supporters have the balls to face them in street battles and all.The Oba just stung the igbo pride,tis best to pray now that you win and govern a united Lagos not a Mogadishu...

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by Jerrick(m): 7:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
Hey.
Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by dridowu: 7:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
I am voting for Akinwunmi Ambode not Oba Rilwan Akiolu as the person to take over from Fashola.
Lagos is too big for JK to handle
Lagos is not just kidding
Lagos need accountability
Lagosian want Ambode

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by omenka(m): 7:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
Good timing.

2 Likes

Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by dipopooo(m): 7:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
They are not safe ooo I swear. We will deal with them haba it's an insult. We can never allow strangers n homeless pple to com n destroy our land as they destroyed theirs NEVER N EVER!
I kuku trust JAGABAN Ambode is our next governor either they lik it or not.

We will send those flatees away frm lagos after d election.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by missionmex(m): 7:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
Ambode will win

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by Archmed(m): 7:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
handiwork of mischief makers!!
PDP and their propaganda again...its so obvious that they've haven't learned from their master's calamitious loss.Propaganda cant win elections...issues will.
Sai Ambode!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by Sweetlemon(f): 7:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Amobode your oba and your biggest fan told us we are going to die inside lagoon if we vote for JK.Now we have decided to vote J.K since we are proud and arrogant and also detest threats in order to see how the sky is when it falls and now how it feels to die inside lagoon and how many of us it can swallow

Oh please. The real person contesting has come out to disown the statement. What else do you want When Mama peace Fayose and co were throwing inciting statements all over the place did your Jonathan come out to disown them

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by blessedqueen(f): 7:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
Who be this guy?

Ambo, we all know ur tactics.... You worked in all Local Govts cos of what you do best.... Covering fraudulent tracks and you did so much under Tinubu...

See, we don't want you in Lagos governance... No wonder Fashola was not ready to vie for you and instead was going for Sasore.

Lagosiand will vote for JK Agbaje... We voted for Buhari for change and so will we vote Agbaje for Change.

It is when we have an opposition that they will open the fraudulent activities of the previous government for all to see... Your advertorials sef dey show say u no ready for the job Ambo....

Did u see Buhari's adverts? Go and learn. We don't want you.

Team Change.
Team Jimi Agbaje

Lagos needing accountability is a lie. They want to divert the funds and still clean the books... Don't be deceived.

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by nationwide1(m): 7:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
Really? How does he neutralize the Oba's invocation of the gods against Igbos although I know nothing will happen to anyone.

5 Likes

Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by ozo13(m): 7:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by tmcleo2k2(m): 7:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
Ok
Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by bunmioguns(m): 7:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
cool
Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by thefakestan: 7:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
Make we dey watch!

1 Like

Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by SomebodyLovesMe: 7:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
temitemi1:
Ambode should go n sit down my igbo pple will never vote for him tongue tongue tongue

They didn't vote for GMB either grin

10 Likes

Re: “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech by igboboy3(m): 7:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
[size=15pt]How can he tell us we are safe when his father has demanded that we jump into the lagoon?[/size]

Where is Amadioha when you need him?? angry

20 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari To Commission Cross River Noodles Factory, Fertilizer, Chicken Plant / Man Treks From Abeokuta To Lagos For Tinubu, Others / Retired Soldier Sets Self On Fire In Agege Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.