Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets (54997 Views)

Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People / Senate Summons Ngige Over Threat To Banks.. / Shell Evacuates Staff From Offshore Over Threat From Niger Delta Avengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by agabaI23(m): 11:37pm On Apr 06, 2015
Where is APC when you need them most?

Tell them a letter to ICC is necessary now.
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by zimoni(f): 11:37pm On Apr 06, 2015
iconize:

Konmight the carpenter, you're beginning to pollute NL with your dumbness.

We've seen you.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by blank(f): 11:38pm On Apr 06, 2015
This is the kind of statement that needs to reach ICC.

God punish devil.
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by Omadachi(m): 11:38pm On Apr 06, 2015
The Oba's statement will rule out the chances of APC winning the election.Is a pity .
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by Phizzlephizz(m): 11:39pm On Apr 06, 2015
I see nothing wrong with it. How can somebody from another place choose your leader for you?

I see notin wit you being mad it's only madness that makes one type such
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by nwadiuko1(m): 11:41pm On Apr 06, 2015
omenka:
The audio has already gone viral. Apparently he did say those words.

Have yet to listen to it though.
d video is out too bro
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by sonnie10: 11:44pm On Apr 06, 2015
It is a federal crime to make bigotry comments in some countries. I believe that is what is needed in Nigeria at this point.
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by nwadiuko1(m): 11:45pm On Apr 06, 2015
abduljabbar4:
I see nothing wrong with it. How can somebody from another place choose your leader for you?
dis is outrageous and you see nothing from it? Are you a fulani?
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by SeverusSnape(m): 11:46pm On Apr 06, 2015
DaBullIT:

So it's OK to make a wrong decision just to prove defiance ,it's OK for millions of igbo to take a 4 year punishment for what one stewpyd, powerless Oba allegedly said in 2 minutes?

Update 23:09

I just watched the video as a Yoruba, what the Oba said is wrong, maybe he said it out of frustration, anger and / or detest, he did mention that Agbaje is his blood relation

Having said that, I still think it's better

Better accept change, that Oba represents no legal, federal or state body if indeed he made that speech
Sir, There's nothing here to defend o, What the Oba said is wrong, simple!....This was how Hitler started; through hate speeches such as this...
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by nwadiuko1(m): 11:46pm On Apr 06, 2015
daveP:
(climb up to top mast with a spyglass, view some "7 fathoms" far away. Compass moves randomly without direction) aye aye captain, turn her 12' backwards.!

( a coxswain with a red scarf on approaches the rudder, sips down some rum, hums captain Flint's "15 men on the dead man's chest" and changes direction)
yo yo yo and a bottle of rum

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by nwadiuko1(m): 11:48pm On Apr 06, 2015
ChangeisHere:

I agree with u a bit. Not just limited to Yoruba land. All Obis in Igbo land endorsed Jonathan, why?

this shi.t here has nothing to do with jonathan.....this egunje collecting ex policeman messed up
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
MizMyColi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXc1S6qO_Xg

*Dozes Off*

Please wake me up when this Ship gets to it's final port of call.

Thanks in anticipation
and people where clapping, fools everywhere
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by daveP(m): 11:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
nwadiuko1:
yo yo yo and a bottle of rum
drink and the dev has gone for the rest!
Yo ho.... smiley

lol Treasure Island fan!

Make this thing settle fast jare. I no like this kind "intifada" aka uprising. Ko daa rara!
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by nwadiuko1(m): 11:54pm On Apr 06, 2015
daveP:
drink and the dev has gone for the rest!
Yo ho.... smiley

lol Treasure Island fan!

Make this thing settle fast jare. I no like this kind "intifada" aka uprising. Ko daa rara!
I dy tell u...nairaland just dy hot this night
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by Brightology2(m): 11:55pm On Apr 06, 2015
Agbero.
ManMountain:

Yiboess are the slaves in nigeria both the Osu and the free born.
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by daveP(m): 11:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
nwadiuko1:
I dy tell u...nairaland just dy hot this night
infact e dey boil. Better to lay low or else your simple intent(s) may be the "prey" a hungry lion would pounce on. Na God go helep us. So many wrongs cant coagulate a right!
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by JUHABACH: 11:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
madridguy:
I hope Oba Akinolu ill-statement won't ruin Ambode chance of winning the forthcoming gubernatorial election. It's so sad that the King had forgot how Fayose and FFK ruin GEJ chance of winning the just concluded presidential election. I hope Tinubu will address this issue before its too late......Vote Ambode

Vote APC
Change 2015

>is in support of "change"
>still wants to vote ambode

my broda,make up your mind
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by gonnoc: 12:04am On Apr 07, 2015
Oba of lagos thretens igbos in lagos and some yorubas are already calling igbos fools here but who is really the fool? They said awolowo defeated igbos without war and igbos are the most prisoners but the query is still who is actually the fool? the yorubas who claimed land of lagos has dnoe so well for igbos has failed to tell us how and that has made them first class fools. igbos are the most foolish and disrespectful but how many yorubas are in the guiness book of record for good in the world, they are only sycophants and dont have respect as claimed, if a yoruba greet an igbo then he is looking for sthing in return. those of you yoruba who claimed lagos has done the igbos well, has any of you given any property in lagos to an igbo man free of charge, we hold the economy of lagos, we pay multiple tax in lagos, we are the reason for the excelency of lagos. those who claimed obi of onitsha urged igbos to vote for GEJ, did obi of onitsha said yorubas in onitsha will die if they did not foe GEJ?
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by dunkem21(m): 12:07am On Apr 07, 2015
@ nduchucks, I remember prophesying about this ethnic banters that will characterize this incoming government just two days back.

If this continues unabated, it will be it's greatest undoing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by gonnoc: 12:10am On Apr 07, 2015
Obi of onitsha never said that the yorubas in onitsha will die if they did not vote for GEJ unlike wot your oba is telling igbos, why would he course igbos in lagos, let me make it clearly to yorubas home and abroad that there is no lagos without igbos, if igbos vacate lagos as you are pressing by your hostility, lagos will collapse
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by inme: 12:15am On Apr 07, 2015
Phizzlephizz:

Mukaila! I am sure you still live with your parents. Lazy being.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by Totfulguy: 12:15am On Apr 07, 2015
luvinhubby:
This was how Adolf Hitler incited the Germans against the Jews that led to the holocaust during WW2.
Irrespective of party, tribe or religion, such an uncouth outburst of hatred spiced with politically jaundiced perception is to be condemned & resisted by all.

If Jimi wins & Igbos do not drown, that will make the oba a b.astard as he said, he will have to abdicate throne as no b.astard ascends any ancestral stool globally.
Spot on!
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by anonimi: 12:16am On Apr 07, 2015
chipmunkey:
But the old man already released a press statement denying it. angry

His statement did more damage of confirming what he said on video abi you never read the statement ni

Anyway we will thank Oba Akiolu on Sunday for helping us get rid of the JagbaJantis Thief'nuibu cabal that has been collecting our IGR and doing NOTHING for us but to steal & to kill.

Enough is Enough!

[size=18pt]Better Lagos - JK's Promise, Delivered![/size]
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by gonnoc: 12:16am On Apr 07, 2015
Those who claim igbos are slaves in nigeria are lunatics and imbeciles else they should have known that who holds the economy can not be slaves, igbos are the most industriuos tribe in nigeria, we are the nation buiders even your grand father pa Awo, said that igbos are nation builders and igbos have built lagos

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by macof(m): 12:17am On Apr 07, 2015
Tattooboy:
If the allegation is true then that's really a dissappointin one from a Leader of Akiolu's'caliber

Very true..haven't u seen the video?
Btw the man just thinks he is so powerful butin reality not so much

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by SkyGiggs02: 12:19am On Apr 07, 2015
I think Oba Akinolu n orurubebe were classmate. Ambode be careful cos Oba's did to GEJ too,pointing fake staff of office to him. All na F9. Silent is d most powerful weapon during election period, I will vote APC nt because of my interest bt because of Yoruba Land/SouthWest interest; Pls vote APC in Southwest
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by Defcon1(m): 12:20am On Apr 07, 2015
chipmunkey:
But the old man already released a press statement denying it. angry
Haven't you heard about the audio and video clips of the horrific gaffe?
They are available online

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by gonnoc: 12:24am On Apr 07, 2015
how can somebody from another place choose who will govern the state if sombdy from another place contributes 70% of the economy of the state, then he will choose who will lead, igbos contribute 70% of lagos revenue, however, igbos never said ambode will not be the governor why the oba will start insulting those who hold the economy threaten to kill them is wot a reasonable nigerian should ask
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by Totfulguy: 12:34am On Apr 07, 2015
Phizzlephizz:

When I read poop this, I can't help but wonder if a poster like this is not suffering from acute irreversible reverse logic syndrome? Obama is biologically Kenyan and should therefore have no chance in the political space in America. By your logic he should never have become American President. IT WAS/IS WRONG!!! The list is endless. The appalling thing About the hate culture of people like you is that a little probe into your genealogy will expose the putrid smell of your hypocrisy and lack of sense of community in the fact that you may be the son of a man from Ofa in Kwara state or Iwo in Ibadan. One now questions your warped sense of "right of say" over a Calabar or Akwa Ibom man who has lived in Lagos for decades and made his decent contribution to the development of Lagos State. What makes a person in your shoes believe that you have a right to dual origin within Nigeria and the Ibom or Akwa Ibom man does not? (AM NOT IBO by the way, but your shortsightedness gives off a bad smell among decent people in all earthnic groups in the country Just as does the lack of wit of the "Oba-iased"wink
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by Thomsbuky(m): 12:37am On Apr 07, 2015
gonnoc:
Oba of lagos thretens igbos in lagos and some yorubas are already calling igbos fools here but who is really the fool? They said awolowo defeated igbos without war and igbos are the most prisoners but the query is still who is actually the fool? the yorubas who claimed land of lagos has dnoe so well for igbos has failed to tell us how and that has made them first class fools. igbos are the most foolish and disrespectful but how many yorubas are in the guiness book of record for good in the world, they are only sycophants and dont have respect as claimed, if a yoruba greet an igbo then he is looking for sthing in return. those of you yoruba who claimed lagos has done the igbos well, has any of you given any property in lagos to an igbo man free of charge, we hold the economy of lagos, we pay multiple tax in lagos, we are the reason for the excelency of lagos. those who claimed obi of onitsha urged igbos to vote for GEJ, did obi of onitsha said yorubas in onitsha will die if they did not foe GEJ?

My Friend nobody is calling Igbo's fool as you claimed. . It does not matter if igbo's buy whole of lagos property and wanted to claim they are lagosian. This is what people keep forgetting that alien will never be son of the soil. Lagos indigenous knows themselves and the aliens knows themselves.

However, have you got concrete proof his majesty made that statement? it would be nice if you can provide it and share it with NL I will be first person to condemn that kind of language. especially coming from first class king that should know better.....He only urge indigenes of lagos including, yoruba, hausa and igbo community who visited him to use their vote wisely to select right candidate who can conitue good work of predecessor, reason Lagos state don't need opposition party to federal government that might destabilise good work already done in lagos..His majesty is quite entitled to his opinion over the indigenous/subjects whoever reside and register to vote as lagosian living in Lagos.. However, its democracy, when you get to chose your candidate its secret ballot box you are free to chose whoever you wanted.
Re: Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets by easytech1(m): 12:38am On Apr 07, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Folish man since you told us we are going to die inside lagoon if we vote for JK we have decided to vote J.K for we are proud and arrogant and also detest threats in order to see how the sky is when it falls and now how it feels to die inside lagoon and how many of us it can swallow. We shall vote JK out of curiorsity

you are ready to joke with 4 years of your life due to curiosity?
God will open your eyes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bomb Blast At Kano Motorpark Leaves Many Dead (Graphic Photos) / How Do You Convince These People Against Muhammadu Buhari? / Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.