Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,827 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise (40067 Views)

See The Team Of Doctors Attending To A Gorilla Giving Birth In A Zoo(Photos) / Young Bowen University Lecturer Dies 2 Days After Giving Birth (pics) / Months After Suffering From Fire Burns, See What This Lady Looks Like Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
Some people dont ovulate when breastfeeding. Wits normal
No ovulation no pregnancy.

Even people trying to conceive should avoid having their husbands suck their boobs...it prevents ovulation.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
Lilimax:
There is nothing to worry about
Yes o. like i said. he should be happy since his wife will not deny him sex due to menstriation. Continue enjoy they go. op
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by lonelydora: 12:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nothing to fear sister. I know a family member that did not see her flow after 1st child till she finished giving birth of 3 children.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by hambehsam(m): 12:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
It's absolutely normal with some women, you should be happy that she has natural birth control mechanism which means she can't get pregnant when breastfeeding.
My wife is like that. Her menses usually come one month after she stops breastfeeding.
So your wife's perfectly normal, go ahead and have fun brother .
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Lilimax(f): 12:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
usqoh:

Yes o. like i said. he should be happy since his wife will not deny him sex due to menstriation. Continue enjoy they go. op
Is that the most important thing?

1 Like

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by nagoma(m): 12:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
The comment causes of secondary amenorrhea ( which your wife has) are pregnancy, menopause and also breast feeding. The information you gave here is insufficient to give a definite diagnosis but the common differentials are well known. Please go back to your Doctor.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by siegfried99(m): 12:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
Kayendy:
Hmmmm..... some. topics eeeehhh... maybe u. just wanted to create a trend, u got it.... go see. ur doc or seek dat traditional medicine at d back of ur ouse maybe GOKO cleanser... grin grin

grin
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by victorazy(m): 12:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
Oga nawa for u o.
Just 3months u don dey fvck woman wey just born pikin?
Now u don go block something inside with that ur conjested akamu, u no get girsl friend?
Somw men sef undecided
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by lovely17(m): 12:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
what other explanation other than there is another baby down there undecided.but if your problem persists after 3 days please see your doctor

1 Like

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by lovinam: 12:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nope its not. So long as u are actively breastfeeding it happens
kennygee:
10 months is a long time.

There are women who even conceive 3 months after giving birth.

Pay your Gynae a visit.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Chumzylove(f): 12:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
Don't worry about it, some people its actually when they stop breastfeeding their child that they'll start seeing their period, it depends on her body metabolism.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Rilwayne001: 12:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
See a doctor

2 Likes

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by nickxtra(m): 12:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
usqoh:
Lucky you. There is no excuse again for her to deny you sex.
Hahaha, u no serious o

1 Like

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by MikoLee(m): 12:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
Android-to-Android: Stream Videos And Music Over
WiFi
www.nairaland.com/2241897/android-to-android-stream-videos-music-over#32443810
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by funbiano: 12:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
It is very possible not to see ur period until U̶̲̥̅̊ win your baby. That you didn't see your period doesn't mean you are not ovulating and that is why it is possible for a woman that is menstrating during breastfeeding to take in. So don't panic U̶̲̥̅̊ may be pregnant and you may not.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
Lilimax:

YES. Many marriages have broken because of no frequent sex. Please don't deny your HUSBAND but deny your boyfreind.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by seriousthing(m): 12:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
nickxtra:
Experience mothers in the house, please I need your candid advice on this serious issue of my wife, though nursing a baby of 10 months plus now, has not seen her period since she put to bed over 10 months. About 3 month after her delivery, we had intimacy and some weeks later, she said she felt as if she was pregant. This early pregnancy got us worried which I even shared on this thread some time past, but based on advices from good people, including from Nairalanders and a Nurse she visited, we were advised to keep the pregnancy. On an occassion, I had to ask her how was she feeling with the baby, thinking that she should be preparing to register for pre-natal, but her response was that she does feel as if there is a baby in her. I immediately asked her to go for a pregnancy test , which she did and came with a negative result. I was shocked bcause I was expecting a positive result. Now she said that on enquiry to know could be the problem and she has not seen her period months after putting to bed, she was told or counseled by the Doctor that delayed menstrual period is normal in some women, particularly nursing mothers who are breasfeeding. This situation worries me and I need to know from experienced mothers in the house what could be the likely cause of the delayed menses and if it possible for her to take in without her period. What could be the solution to this? I need answers seriously, to enable me get adequate solution for it. Thanks
You are worried for nothing. It depends on ones system. my wife for instance don't ovulate untill she stop breastfeeding.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by absoluteSuccess: 12:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
You don't have cause for alarm, using Gufeibao will cleanse your princess canal and dansheen extract will help. Call me at 080 97 17 4000.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by holyokoto(m): 12:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
This is serous, Infections that causes 2 to 3 months stoppage of Menstrual circle is Sepsis , But this case of 10 months might have result from acute Urinary Track Infection and mostly are Bacterial . This is serious Guy, gather money and see a qualify Doctor before the situation get out of hand. I have never heard of acute Sepsis before. Any stress to the body...be it physical or emotional can effect hormone and chemical levels, thereby effecting the menstrual cycle.

Sometimes a urinary tract infection, forms of staph infections, and infections of the pelvis can also change the menstrual cycle.
STD bacteria can also effect the timing of your period.

Remember to get any infections checked by a doctor, or any menstrual irregularities that haved stated and lasted for more than one cycle.

Sometimes, you cycle just wont come, will come late, last longer, last only a few days...etc for no reason at all and readjust itself the coming month.

But 10 months is deadly
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by nickxtra(m): 12:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
victorazy:
Oga nawa for u o.
Just 3months u don dey fvck woman wey just born pikin?
Now u don go block something inside with that ur conjested akamu, u no get girsl friend?
Somw men sef undecided
I don't cheat
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
BEFORE ADVICE..
Please, JUST RELAX....
since she is still in the NURSING process, it will bar the menses from setting in.

In some LADIES, it can take up to a year and few months.
It will SURELY surface..provided you stay within the ambits of our advice.

IF SHE did EXCLUSIVE BREASTFEEDING, then it will surely take much time.
So, Relax...and encourage your wife.
But make sure u Do ROUTINE BLOOD PREGNANCY TEST.

1 Like

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by bmoses(f): 12:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
consult ur doctor n also be prayerfful, it maybe a spiritual problem
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
Lilimax:

YES. Many marriages have broken because of no frequent sex. Please don't deny your HUSBAND of sex when u marry intentionally to spite him. but deny your boyfreind.

Among the top contenders of problems
causing divorce are money and sex,
they are of an unbelievably high degree
of importance in a marriage. Many will
say “love does it all” but whereas love
is a key factor, money and sex are
agents that if not given the needed
attention, can destroy the love you
share.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
lovinam:
Nope its not. So long as u are actively breastfeeding it happens

But does it hurt to consult her Gynae?
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Daresh(f): 12:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
nickxtra:
Experience mothers in the house, please I need your candid advice on this serious issue of my wife, though nursing a baby of 10 months plus now, has not seen her period since she put to bed over 10 months. About 3 month after her delivery, we had intimacy and some weeks later, she said she felt as if she was pregant. This early pregnancy got us worried which I even shared on this thread some time past, but based on advices from good people, including from Nairalanders and a Nurse she visited, we were advised to keep the pregnancy. On an occassion, I had to ask her how was she feeling with the baby, thinking that she should be preparing to register for pre-natal, but her response was that she does feel as if there is a baby in her. I immediately asked her to go for a pregnancy test , which she did and came with a negative result. I was shocked bcause I was expecting a positive result. Now she said that on enquiry to know could be the problem and she has not seen her period months after putting to bed, she was told or counseled by the Doctor that delayed menstrual period is normal in some women, particularly nursing mothers who are breasfeeding. This situation worries me and I need to know from experienced mothers in the house what could be the likely cause of the delayed menses and if it possible for her to take in without her period. What could be the solution to this? I need answers seriously, to enable me get adequate solution for it. Thanks

It is perfectly normal not to see your period when breatfeeding. The babys sucking is contracting the uterus and gives no room for blood flow. This does not mean she is not ovulating and she can get pregnant. If you are not ready for another child please use birth control all the time. Go your the nearest family planning clinc to get more information.

When she stops breast feeding the blood will start flowing.

1 Like

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by absoluteSuccess: 12:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
You don't have cause for alarm, using Gufeibao will cleanse your princess canal and help conception. Dansheen extract will help. Call me at 080 97 17 4000.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by ayobase(m): 12:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
Dyt:
My cousin didn't see hers till after a yr *even for her second kid*
I healed too fast, saw mine after 6weeks
I was jubilating it won't come till after a yr but I was so wrong
It pained me ehn

And yes its possible she takes in
In my cousins case, she was breastfeeding, not seen her period after 12mnths and she took in.
So this is what I witnessed, very possible

na so e dey be after child birth?

if no side effect, I pray my wife no see hers after 2yrs o.

I no like that thing samsam.

Hia, anatomy of woman sha!

N.B

Pls make all my Igbo friends stay away from any form of water (may it be swimming pool, bath tub, gutter, ogbara, cup of water and what have) come Saturday.

God shall watch over us all and surprise our enemies. We shall not hear stories that touch the bone.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by nickxtra(m): 12:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
holyokoto:
This is serous, Infections that causes 2 to 3 months stoppage of Menstrual circle is Sepsis , But this case of 10 months might have result from acute Urinary Track Infection and mostly are Bacterial . This is serious Guy, gather money and see a qualify Doctor before the situation get out of hand. I have never heard of acute Sepsis before. Any stress to the body...be it physical or emotional can effect hormone and chemical levels, thereby effecting the menstrual cycle.

Sometimes a urinary tract infection, forms of staph infections, and infections of the pelvis can also change the menstrual cycle.
STD bacteria can also effect the timing of your period.

Remember to get any infections checked by a doctor, or any menstrual irregularities that haved stated and lasted for more than one cycle.

Sometimes, you cycle just wont come, will come late, last longer, last only a few days...etc for no reason at all and readjust itself the coming month.

But 10 months is deadly
This is a serious one from you. Will see a doc
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Dyt(f): 12:40pm On Apr 07, 2015
bmoses:
also be prayerfful, it maybe a spiritual problem

undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by aysugar: 12:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
nickxtra:
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by hurricaneindia(f): 12:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
bmoses:
consult ur doctor n also be prayerfful, it maybe a spiritual problem
Smh

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See What Happens When You Eat Garlic On An Empty Stomach / Kano COVID19 Centre Closed Indefinitely For Fumigation After Staff Test Positive / Community Where Nine Out Of Every 10 Villagers Have Appendicitis (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.