Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise (40110 Views)

See The Team Of Doctors Attending To A Gorilla Giving Birth In A Zoo(Photos) / Young Bowen University Lecturer Dies 2 Days After Giving Birth (pics) / Months After Suffering From Fire Burns, See What This Lady Looks Like Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by UEDIBO: 3:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
sigmundfreud:
Its called lactational amenorrhea. No need to worry , her menses will resume soon.Some use it as a form of contraception but the failure rate is high. Please take active steps towards prevention of pregnancy if you don't intend to have a baby soon.
pls hw can i do family planning
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by alphaomega(m): 3:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
AndreRose:
Consult your doctor, simple.

God bless u jere...
Na evrythn person dey bring come forum?
Simple question sef wey person fit ask google, dm go dey bring am com nairaland.

Na wa...

1 Like

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by PRODUTIM1(m): 3:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
My wife is yet 2 see her own even as our baby is a year and two months old now. Her mom is a retired nurse,so I believe if there is any problem she would have raised it with me. Don't fear,I think it is normal with some women.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by mfm04622: 3:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
Forget about advice from people that are not qualified to do so. Go and see a Doctor! Simple
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by rakasbabe(f): 3:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
Its normal in some women as long as she is still breastfeeding her baby.some who breastfeed upto 2yrs won't see it till dey stop.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by wi5dom(m): 4:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
On what I read today before I saw this tread. It is normal and called a safe period if you are still breast feeding your child((Fouth phase of mentral Cycle). In essence..IT IS NOT ABNORMAL going by the textbook I read.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by ayobase(m): 4:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
Dyt:

As a woman
I don't like it
angry angry

Thought mine wld be like my cousin
I was so relaxed
Usually I have crazy cramps
When that thing came, I didn't even know
MIL just called me in and said u are stained
I wore a diff look
Got so mad at it
Why does it have to come after 6weeks
angry
Doc sef praised my kind of body
But I was lucky no more cramps not until I started consuming heavy sugar again
angry angry

I thought intake of sugar causes more harm I.e cramps.

ur system no be ajebo at all.

grin
Dyt:

As a woman
I don't like it
angry angry

Thought mine wld be like my cousin
I was so relaxed
Usually I have crazy cramps
When that thing came, I didn't even know
MIL just called me in and said u are stained
I wore a diff look
Got so mad at it
Why does it have to come after 6weeks
angry
Doc sef praised my kind of body
But I was lucky no more cramps not until I started consuming heavy sugar again
angry angry

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by kemnareal: 4:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
Its nomal in as much she is breastfeeding well. It might be after she stop breast feeding don't be afraid but let her be careful because it does not stop pregnancy.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Chugoji(m): 4:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
Weanig can cause amenorrhea, but my advice is to consult Your Gynaecologist.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Totfulguy: 4:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
nickxtra:
Experience mothers in the house, please I need your candid advice on this serious issue of my wife, though nursing a baby of 10 months plus now, has not seen her period since she put to bed over 10 months. About 3 month after her delivery, we had intimacy and some weeks later, she said she felt as if she was pregant. This early pregnancy got us worried which I even shared on this thread some time past, but based on advices from good people, including from Nairalanders and a Nurse she visited, we were advised to keep the pregnancy. On an occassion, I had to ask her how was she feeling with the baby, thinking that she should be preparing to register for pre-natal, but her response was that she does feel as if there is a baby in her. I immediately asked her to go for a pregnancy test , which she did and came with a negative result. I was shocked bcause I was expecting a positive result. Now she said that on enquiry to know could be the problem and she has not seen her period months after putting to bed, she was told or counseled by the Doctor that delayed menstrual period is normal in some women, particularly nursing mothers who are breasfeeding. This situation worries me and I need to know from experienced mothers in the house what could be the likely cause of the delayed menses and if it possible for her to take in without her period. What could be the solution to this? I need answers seriously, to enable me get adequate solution for it. Thanks

I do not think it is a problem. My wife went on for about nine months with her menstrual period. We had our Angel via CS and she needed a while to get better. I will advise that that you don't worry about it as she will ultimately return to her previous cycle. I dont think there is any need to worry or start any form of medical intervention. But just for comfort...you may want to see a Doctor, but even if you dont, she will be fine. By now you would possibly have come to terms with the difficulty associated with looking after a child, so you may want to give her some break and allow her time to heal physically before putting her in the "family way" again. I personally had an "accidental discharge" not long after we had our Angel (even though we had a miscarriage on that occasion). Out of concern for her welfare, I wish I had given her sometime. But we are fine now. So dont worry about it...she will be fine.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by njidexy(f): 4:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
Your wife does not have any problem you need not to worry.some see theirs after breastfeeding. When I gave birth to my set of twins. I did not see mine till after nine months.yes she can get pregnant because she is ovulating.she can do family planning until you are ready for another child.

1 Like

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Dyt(f): 4:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
ayobase:

grin

Original ajepako
grin
Iya ti mu baje baje
cheesy
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by muzeze77: 4:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
come and let me examine you
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by zenonxi(m): 5:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
nickxtra:
Experience mothers in the house, please I need your candid advice on this serious issue of my wife, though nursing a baby of 10 months plus now, has not seen her period since she put to bed over 10 months. About 3 month after her delivery, we had intimacy and some weeks later, she said she felt as if she was pregant. This early pregnancy got us worried which I even shared on this thread some time past, but based on advices from good people, including from Nairalanders and a Nurse she visited, we were advised to keep the pregnancy. On an occassion, I had to ask her how was she feeling with the baby, thinking that she should be preparing to register for pre-natal, but her response was that she does feel as if there is a baby in her. I immediately asked her to go for a pregnancy test , which she did and came with a negative result. I was shocked bcause I was expecting a positive result. Now she said that on enquiry to know could be the problem and she has not seen her period months after putting to bed, she was told or counseled by the Doctor that delayed menstrual period is normal in some women, particularly nursing mothers who are breasfeeding. This situation worries me and I need to know from experienced mothers in the house what could be the likely cause of the delayed menses and if it possible for her to take in without her period. What could be the solution to this? I need answers seriously, to enable me get adequate solution for it. Thanks
is she still breast feeding her baby? If she is,she can never get pregnant,breast feeding stops the secretion of follicle stimulating hormone

1 Like

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by fenanda(f): 5:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
I think its normal cos it took my Aunt 12months after delivery b4 she started menstruating.

1 Like

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by KA24DETT(m): 6:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
nickxtra:

Go to any lab and order LSH, FSH , TSH and Prolactin.. Let me know the result and the values... send me an email on chukaofiaeli@gmail.com. We can figure out te diagnosis .

1 Like

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by KA24DETT(m): 6:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
PRODUTIM1:
My wife is yet 2 see her own even as our baby is a year and two months old now. Her mom is a retired nurse,so I believe if there is any problem she would have raised it with me. Don't fear,I think it is normal with some women.

Her mom is a nurse and not a doctor.. Its not Normal... Secondary Amenorrhea can be caused by alot of factors. Go to any lab and Order LSH, FSH, TSH and prolactin. I could help u diagonize the problem. Is your wife sill breastfeeding? Prolactin can have an inhibitory effect on the pituitary releasing of FSH and LSH.. Still 14 months is a long time....

1 Like

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by lovinam: 6:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
Are u a doctor?
KA24DETT:

Her mom is a nurse and not a doctor.. Its not Normal... Secondary Amenorrhea can be caused by alot of factors. Go to any lab and Order LSH, FSH, TSH and prolactin. I could help u diagonize the problem. Is your wife sill breastfeeding? Prolactin can have an inhibitory effect on the pituitary releasing of FSH and LSH.. Still 14 months is a long time....
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by sigmundfreud(m): 6:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
UEDIBO:
pls hw can i do family planning

Visit a family planning clinic. You will find them in almost all Government or state hospitals.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by sigmundfreud(m): 6:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
zenonxi:
is she still breast feeding her baby? If she is,she can never get pregnant,breast feeding stops the secretion of follicle stimulating hormone
There is something about NEVER and ALWAYS...those that know will know grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by ayobase(m): 6:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
Dyt:

Original ajepako
grin
Iya ti mu baje baje
cheesy

grin

lets say ajepako system in ajubota body.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by richy6060(m): 6:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
nickxtra:
Is normal as far as she is breastfeeding

1 Like

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by sherrylo: 6:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nothing! Its normal for some people.

1 Like

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
nickxtra:

She might not get her period till she is breastfeeding. No panic. Everything is alright

1 Like

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Dyt(f): 6:52pm On Apr 07, 2015
ayobase:

grin

lets say ajepako system in ajubota body.

Iyamu strong in every angle o
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by nickxtra(m): 7:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
dipopooo:
sad@op u av turned nairaland to LUTH or UCH bah? No problem sha tell ur wife to go for test, u av infected her wit STD due to ur carelessness
Not as you think!
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by nickxtra(m): 7:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
KA24DETT:

Go to any lab and order LSH, FSH , TSH and Prolactin.. Let me know the result and the values... send me an email on chukaofiaeli@gmail.com. We can duagonize it from there..
Ok, thanks
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by nickxtra(m): 7:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
Totfulguy:

I do not think it is a problem. My wife went on for about nine months with her menstrual period. We had our Angel via CS and she needed a while to get better. I will advise that that you don't worry about it as she will ultimately return to her previous cycle. I dont think there is any need to worry or start any form of medical intervention. But just for comfort...you may want to see a Doctor, but even if you dont, she will be fine. By now you would possibly have come to terms with the difficulty associated with looking after a child, so you may want to give her some break and allow her time to heal physically before putting her in the "family way" again. I personally had an "accidental discharge" not long after we had our Angel (even though we had a miscarriage on that occasion). Out of concern for her welfare, I wish I had given her sometime. But we are fine now. So dont worry about it...she will be fine.
Thanks sir
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by nickxtra(m): 7:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
alphaomega:

God bless u jere...
Na evrythn person dey bring come forum?
Simple question sef wey person fit ask google, dm go dey bring am com nairaland.

Na wa...
There could be more doctors with diverse and supportive ideas than merely meeting a single doctor. I know why I brought it on here
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by nickxtra(m): 7:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
davidque007:
Consult your doctor, nairaland isn't the place to solicit for such advice
I did come for the sake of creating a thread, I came here after all efforts to advise her to go to another failed, since according to her, she is so convinced with what the first Doctor/Nurse to her and corroborated by her mum. I needed to get views from concerned and experienced mothers in the house.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by KA24DETT(m): 7:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
lovinam:
Are u a doctor?

Yes trained in Canada and US. Currently in Canada .
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by KA24DETT(m): 7:56pm On Apr 07, 2015

For everyone reading this thread.
What the OP wife is what we call Secondary Amennorhea which can be caused by a lot of factors. Most times after delivery, because of breastfeeding, it is normal for a woman not to see her period for up to 6 weeks After done breastfeeding . No menstruation after 3 months POST breastfeeding requires a work up
After taking a history from the patient and performing a physical exam, You get an HCG level to make sure she's not pregnant AGAIN. we do what we call a progesterone challenge test. You give the woman a progesterone pill and see if she bleeds within 2 weeks. If she does not , u check LSH , FSH, prolactin,TSH. A high FSH can indicate premature ovarian failure, kind of a woman going into menopause. The lab values can guide you to the next step .. It's not rocket science bro, it's medicine .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kano COVID19 Centre Closed Indefinitely For Fumigation After Staff Test Positive / Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver / Coronavirus: South Korea Sends Presidential Plane To Evacuate Citizens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.