Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,659 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise (40098 Views)

See The Team Of Doctors Attending To A Gorilla Giving Birth In A Zoo(Photos) / Young Bowen University Lecturer Dies 2 Days After Giving Birth (pics) / Months After Suffering From Fire Burns, See What This Lady Looks Like Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Lovely120(f): 12:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
Its normal,mine didn't come till i stopped breastfeeding my baby at 14th month.No need to worry
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
kayciano:
BEFORE ADVICE..
Please, JUST RELAX....
since she is still in the NURSING process, it will bar the menses from setting in.

In some LADIES, it can take up to a year and few months.
It will SURELY surface..provided you stay within the ambits of our advice.

IF SHE did EXCLUSIVE BREASTFEEDING, then it will surely take much time.
So, Relax...and encourage your wife.
But make sure u Do ROUTINE BLOOD PREGNANCY TEST.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Dyt(f): 12:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
ayobase:

na so e dey be after child birth?

if no side effect, I pray my wife no see hers after 2yrs o.

I no like that thing samsam.

Hia, anatomy of woman sha!

As a woman
I don't like it
angry angry

Thought mine wld be like my cousin
I was so relaxed
Usually I have crazy cramps
When that thing came, I didn't even know
MIL just called me in and said u are stained
I wore a diff look
Got so mad at it
Why does it have to come after 6weeks
angry
Doc sef praised my kind of body
But I was lucky no more cramps not until I started consuming heavy sugar again
angry angry

1 Like

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by darlenese(f): 12:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
Bro ur wife is one of the lucky few women who doesn't see thier menses as long as they are breastfeeding, it's a natural family planning method, for very few women.
Enjoy ur wife,
Mine usually stay up to 18 months! B4 menses starts again! I bet u, it's one of the best moment of a woman's life, Tell wife to relax and enjoy this moment wink
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by amara2015: 12:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
Why do you like worrying yourself like this? I am sure your wife has more liver than you. You have absolutely nothing to worry about, my guy. My wife's own took about 11 to 13 months before it started again, and now we have another child despite the long delay. I even had to call my brother who is a gynecologist in Canada and he told me that it was very normal, and he gave me one advise which I would like to give you also. Make use of the opportunity now while you can, and keep firing her without any fear of unplanned pregnancy. Enjoy it now while you can. This long period will also give her good opportunity to recover herself back, especially if she lost a lot of blood when she gave birth and also if they had to cut her during delivery. It will also enable her body to contrast to its normal form before having to carry another baby again. So my guy, just enjoy the free sex now while you can. Fire her like a Jack Rabbit.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by greall12(m): 12:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ogbara grin

ayobase:

na so e dey be after child birth?

if no side effect, I pray my wife no see hers after 2yrs o.

I no like that thing samsam.

Hia, anatomy of woman sha!

N.B

Pls make all my Igbo friends stay away from any form of water (may it be swimming pool, bath tub, gutter, ogbara, cup of water and what have) come Saturday.

God shall watch over us all and surprise our enemies. We shall not hear stories that touch the bone.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by iwriterng(m): 12:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
Normally, breast feeding will affect the functions of some hormones in your body. In nursing mothers, the most prevalent hormone is always prolactin which is chiefly responsible for lactation, however, prolactin have some inhibitory effect on hormones secreted by anterior pituitary gland, which are

1. LH ( Leutinizing hormone)

2. FSH (Follicle stimulating hormone)

These hormones (FSH and LH) are responsible for proliferation and degeneration of the endometrial layer of the ovary, which is the bases of why you have monthly blood flow from your reproductive organ(the science is much more complicated, but let's put it that way) w

As long as your body keep secreting prolactin in a considerable amount, it will definitely inhibit the effects of this hormone, which means you may not mensurate or it may be irregular. The good thing is that, prolactin is secreted in a positive feedback mechanism, which means when the trigger stops, its secretion begins to deteriorate. You might not notice the difference instantly because hormonal coordination is slow in action compared to nervous coordination.

In short, you don't have to worry, you're healthy, its just your hormone messing with your head.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by victorazy(m): 12:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
nickxtra:
I don't cheat

Just jokin sire. We live a fake life here on NL.
Don't wory ur wife is healthy.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by mhsanni(f): 12:52pm On Apr 07, 2015
It can be normal for some women especially if she breastfeeds the baby regularly... Regular Breast-feeding inhibits ovulation, and failure to ovulate usually means no menstruation.. That is what makes lactation a form of contraception... She should get her period within 6weeks of weaning her baby completely..
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
Menopause
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Callmemike(m): 12:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
1. Go for another pregnancy test. It will not hurt

2. Is your wife exclusively breastfeeding the baby? If yes, then it is normal.

3. There is need to take more care during sex as she may not know when is ovulating till her period resumes. Check forms of ccontraception that suit u both.

And yes, i am married and i have an 11-month son. So i know what i am talking about.

God's blessings to you and your family.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Skoopy(m): 1:00pm On Apr 07, 2015
No need asking for advice, just go see ur doctor.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by bavasoney: 1:00pm On Apr 07, 2015
Dia s nothing to worry about as its normal mine came exactly eight months after delivery, so keep calm since u hv seen a doctor and u hv been told ts normal u need not worry wait till she weans d baby and if nothing happen dia after u can go back to d doctor... shikenah
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by darlenese(f): 1:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
Shyna112:
Menopause

LOL
U are sooo clueless chaiii

1 Like

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by cutelover19(m): 1:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
Someone should please help him search for and find his wife's menses! Lol. On a serious note, visit a doctor.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by LivinaPatrick(f): 1:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
i nursed my baby for 13months,immediately my cycle resume d following month. So dia is no cause for alarm,its indirectly a birth control method.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by lovinam: 1:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
They have seen her gynae and he says nothing is wrong. Its very normal, it happens to a lot of women.
kennygee:

But does it hurt to consult her Gynae?
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Paretomaster(m): 1:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
shocked after just 3 months, u don visit that yunder?

watagwan! kongi is truely omoale!
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by akin33(m): 1:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
Calm down, no cause for alarm. Since my wife started giving birth since 2007, she will not see her period till we see another pregnant in a space of 1 1/2-2years. She gave birth to the last boy now since May 26-5-14, till now no period as usual. It not a proble. But you can get pregnant without seeing it. So be careful.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by kingdvd(m): 1:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
it is normal
my wife was almost a year before hers return, as well as her sisters!
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by stineb1: 1:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
Go for a pelvic ultrasound scan to check the state of your womb first, before ruling out hormone disorder.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Omotayor123(f): 1:09pm On Apr 07, 2015
dipopooo:
sad@op u av turned nairaland to LUTH or UCH bah? No problem sha tell ur wife to go for test, u av infected her wit STD due to ur carelessness
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Omotayor123(f): 1:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
dipopooo:
sad@op u av turned nairaland to LUTH or UCH bah? No problem sha tell ur wife to go for test, u av infected her wit STD due to ur carelessness
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Aroh48(m): 1:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
dipopooo:
Bros,dat is bad of u.Ur language is insultive
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by acehood907(m): 1:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
There iz a simple way on how Islam teaches us
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Humulity: 1:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
nickxtra:
Experience mothers in the house, please I need your candid advice on this serious issue of my wife, though nursing a baby of 10 months plus now, has not seen her period since she put to bed over 10 months. About 3 month after her delivery, we had intimacy and some weeks later, she said she felt as if she was pregant. This early pregnancy got us worried which I even shared on this thread some time past, but based on advices from good people, including from Nairalanders and a Nurse she visited, we were advised to keep the pregnancy. On an occassion, I had to ask her how was she feeling with the baby, thinking that she should be preparing to register for pre-natal, but her response was that she does feel as if there is a baby in her. I immediately asked her to go for a pregnancy test , which she did and came with a negative result. I was shocked bcause I was expecting a positive result. Now she said that on enquiry to know could be the problem and she has not seen her period months after putting to bed, she was told or counseled by the Doctor that delayed menstrual period is normal in some women, particularly nursing mothers who are breasfeeding. This situation worries me and I need to know from experienced mothers in the house what could be the likely cause of the delayed menses and if it possible for her to take in without her period. What could be the solution to this? I need answers seriously, to enable me get adequate solution for it. Thanks

I think this is nothing to worry about, but if not confortable with that see a Gynaecologist. My is a is a pracising midwife, when she did not see her period after over six month of child bearing I was worried. She told me not to worry, that it's normal and cmaybe attributed for the exclusive breastfeeding she is observing. A consultant in her hospital confirmed what my spouse already told me earlier. On the 9th month she saw her period.
As I said earlier there is no harm in seeing a consultant to be on the safe side and that's the essence of knowledge. Cheers.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Aroh48(m): 1:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
amara2015:
Why do you like worrying yourself like this? I am sure your wife has more liver than you. You have absolutely nothing to worry about, my guy. My wife's own took about 11 to 13 months before it started again, and now we have another child despite the long delay. I even had to call my brother who is a gynecologist in Canada and he told me that it was very normal, and he gave me one advise which I would like to give you also. Make use of the opportunity now while you can, and keep firing her without any fear of unplanned pregnancy. Enjoy it now while you can. This long period will also give her good opportunity to recover herself back, especially if she lost a lot of blood when she gave birth and also if they had to cut her during delivery. It will also enable her body to contrast to its normal form before having to carry another baby again. So my guy, just enjoy the free sex now while you can. Fire her like a Jack Rabbit.
Bad guys full NL wella
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by fullergab: 1:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
Soon we will see post like, I have been eating since birth and i still eat till date, please assist me to stop eating i am tired of food.

My dear tell the person to go see a Doctor Dasalllllll
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by ezystar(f): 1:19pm On Apr 07, 2015
There's is absolutely nothing to worry about..am a nursing mother with a 6months old baby and haven't seen mine either.. I did my research and found out that mothers who did an exclusive breastfeeding for their baby see dere period much later after a year plus. And secondly it is also very possible for her to take in without menstruation. Because ovulation can occur in a woman even though their is no menstruation.. I have a friend that had such a case.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by acaolly1(m): 1:19pm On Apr 07, 2015
nickxtra:
Experience mothers in the house, please I need your candid advice on this serious issue of my wife, though nursing a baby of 10 months plus now, has not seen her period since she put to bed over 10 months. About 3 month after her delivery, we had intimacy and some weeks later, she said she felt as if she was pregant. This early pregnancy got us worried which I even shared on this thread some time past, but based on advices from good people, including from Nairalanders and a Nurse she visited, we were advised to keep the pregnancy. On an occassion, I had to ask her how was she feeling with the baby, thinking that she should be preparing to register for pre-natal, but her response was that she does feel as if there is a baby in her. I immediately asked her to go for a pregnancy test , which she did and came with a negative result. I was shocked bcause I was expecting a positive result. Now she said that on enquiry to know could be the problem and she has not seen her period months after putting to bed, she was told or counseled by the Doctor that delayed menstrual period is normal in some women, particularly nursing mothers who are breasfeeding. This situation worries me and I need to know from experienced mothers in the house what could be the likely cause of the delayed menses and if it possible for her to take in without her period. What could be the solution to this? I need answers seriously, to enable me get adequate solution for it. Thanks

Its normal in women, it takes up to 12months in some women, so its nothing serious.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by davesd: 1:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
Visit a pharmacy and get primolut N pill. It cost not more than N300 for the card. Beckon on me when you need more help. Thanks me later.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Mariojane(f): 1:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
why are u worrying urself? the test came of negative that shows she is not pregnant.

some women do not see their period until they stop breastfeeding their baby no matter how long it takes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Community Where Nine Out Of Every 10 Villagers Have Appendicitis (Photos) / Kano COVID19 Centre Closed Indefinitely For Fumigation After Staff Test Positive / Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.