Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise (40125 Views)

See The Team Of Doctors Attending To A Gorilla Giving Birth In A Zoo(Photos) / Young Bowen University Lecturer Dies 2 Days After Giving Birth (pics) / Months After Suffering From Fire Burns, See What This Lady Looks Like Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by KA24DETT(m): 8:00pm On Apr 07, 2015
It's not normal for a woman not to get her period. If she does not get it , not breastfeeding and not pregnant, then something is off and it requires investigation .
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by KA24DETT(m): 8:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
nickxtra:
Ok, thanks

Bro, Add " B-HCG or blood pregnancy test "to the lab work.
Just to make sure she's not pregnant again ...
It's not something to worry about . It can be fixed

1 Like

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by dozai: 8:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
When a woman is breastfeeding, the menses may not come so early. Dont worry about it, It will not be a hormonal imbalance yet.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by KA24DETT(m): 8:09pm On Apr 07, 2015
Remenber All these tests are for situations when she's not breastfeeding the baby.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by lovinam: 8:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
So u duagonize your patients? I don't believe u sha
KA24DETT:

Yes trained in Canada and US. Currently in Canada .
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by KA24DETT(m): 8:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
lovinam:
So u duagonize your patients? I don't believe u sha
, it's a typing error..now corrected..
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by lovinam: 8:23pm On Apr 07, 2015
YOU ARE NOT A DOCTOR prove me wrong.
KA24DETT:

Dude, it's a typing error.. Are you serious ..
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by KA24DETT(m): 8:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
lovinam:
YOU ARE NOT A DOCTOR prove me wrong.

If you can prove that any of the information I wrote up there is wrong, then we can talk.
Till then, buzz off ..
Why don't u learn from what everyone is posting here.. This will be my last response to you.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by lovinam: 8:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hahahahah google master! Mchew
KA24DETT:

If you can prove that any of the information I wrote up there is wrong, then we can talk.
Till then, buzz off ..
Why don't u learn from what everyone is posting here.. This will be my last response to you.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by KA24DETT(m): 8:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
lovinam:
Hahahahah google master! Mchew

I don't need to google information I already know. Information I don't know, I check the books not google. You don't give medical advise from Google. It's wrong and can be very dangerous. Have a good night
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Lacoolmley: 8:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hmm.... this is quite scary.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
every lady has a unique body anatomy!
this is an opportunity to dey fire dey go... fyiok while stock lasts.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by KA24DETT(m): 9:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
shadowgwalker:
every lady has a unique body anatomy!
this is an opportunity to dey fire dey go... fyiok while stock lasts.

Baddest guy... see where ur mind dey
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Truthzbita: 10:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
if u reside in Lagos, contact me for treatment. make it urgent it is a serious case. my no..08091040518
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by AndreRose(f): 10:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
alphaomega:

God bless u jere...
Na evrythn person dey bring come forum?
Simple question sef wey person fit ask google, dm go dey bring am com nairaland.

Na wa...
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Karence(f): 10:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
It seems she's still breastfeeding, its a natural family planning method for most women,exclusive of me embarassedIt seems she's still breastfeeding, its a natural family planning method for most women,exclusive of me
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Reaper231(m): 11:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
Dyt:
My cousin didn't see hers till after a yr *even for her second kid*
I healed too fast, saw mine after 6weeks
I was jubilating it won't come till after a yr but I was so wrong
It pained me ehn

And yes its possible she takes in
In my cousins case, she was breastfeeding, not seen her period after 12mnths and she took in.
So this is what I witnessed, very possible

Snt come means free flexing....women eh. If d period doesn't come yu get scared and wen it comes yu hate it. Lol
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Neplusultra(f): 11:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
6 months is ok, depends if she'ss on exclusive
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by classic114(m): 12:04am On Apr 08, 2015
My wife period came 5months after child birth. It normal.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by ayobase(m): 4:57am On Apr 08, 2015
Dyt:

Iyamu strong in every angle o

ehn ehn!

#restoringbackmywanderingmind

grin
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Ibsgal(f): 5:18am On Apr 08, 2015
As mentioned by others, you should have no worries, this is very normal. She's going through what is known as lactational amenorrhea, which is a common phenomenon among women who are actively nursing. In fact, nursing increases prolactin which in turn suppresses secretion of FSH and GnRH, hormones that are necessary to stimulate the gonads and menstruation. Should the situation continue after the baby has been weaned, I would recommend seeing an OB/GYN.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by go4success(f): 8:48am On Apr 08, 2015
It's possible
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by rosy1992(f): 7:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
Its normal
My aunt didn't menstruate until after a year and two month,it also happened when she had her second child.
When I asked her she told me that as long as she is breastfeeding she doesn't menstruate,so your wife will see her period the moment she stops breastfeeding
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 08, 2015
KA24DETT:

Baddest guy... see where ur mind dey
hehehe
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by SummerShane(f): 9:47am On Apr 11, 2015
As a nursing mother who is still breastfeeding it is normal.But if u want ur period back,u hav 2 quit breastfeeding.So dat ur body start recovering.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by demmytocien: 10:37am On Nov 27, 2015
Dear Readers, I need your advice, I have delivered for the past 1year & 8month now. i breastfeed my child for a year and 3month very well both daytime & night but without exclusive throughout, But not up to 2month i was bleeding, just for a day & i went for medical care.After then a saw a slight blood for two month which i thought its menstruation and whenever my husband make love with me i always use lime or salt with water as prevention against unwanted pregnancy because i was scared of going for family planning base on what i have hard from people that are doing it. But since then the slight blood that i have been seeing stopped. Throughout the period i breastfeed my child no slight blood or menstruation again . I have stop breastfeeding for 5months now & my child is now 1year&8month, and i have not seen my period. I went for medical care, i was told its infection, i treated it & it was confirm that i don't have infection again, i was given a pill to take for 30days so that i can menstruate, i have finished it but yet no menstruation.Please what can i do?That is my first child. I need experience mothers & medically experience people to advice me. Could it be the prevention i was using that stop my menstruation or it is normal?.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by preciousoru(f): 11:53am On Nov 27, 2015
Hi my dear
I would advise that delayed menstruation is a common problem with several potential causes. Stress can be an enormous contributing factor, but besides this, inadequate nutrition or excessive exercising could be the one to blame. It is common for women to use a lemon juice or lime juice solution with the belief that it prevents pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases. Undiluted lime juice does slightly alter the cycle causing a delayed menstrual cycle. I would say consult a fertility consultant to run tests and to assist you on the next steps. Otherwise, all will be okay. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Blessings unto you!

demmytocien:
Dear Readers, I need your advice, I have delivered for the past 1year & 8month now. i breastfeed my child for a year and 3month very well both daytime & night but without exclusive throughout, But not up to 2month i was bleeding, just for a day & i went for medical care.After then a saw a slight blood for two month which i thought its menstruation and whenever my husband make love with me i always use lime or salt with water as prevention against unwanted pregnancy because i was scared of going for family planning base on what i have hard from people that are doing it. But since then the slight blood that i have been seeing stopped. Throughout the period i breastfeed my child no slight blood or menstruation again . I have stop breastfeeding for 5months now & my child is now 1year&8month, and i have not seen my period. I went for medical care, i was told its infection, i treated it & it was confirm that i don't have infection again, i was given a pill to take for 30days so that i can menstruate, i have finished it but yet no menstruation.Please what can i do?That is my first child. I need experience mothers & medically experience people to advice me. Could it be the prevention i was using that stop my menstruation or it is normal?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver / Coronavirus: South Korea Sends Presidential Plane To Evacuate Citizens / Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.