Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,048 members, 7,821,602 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' (52097 Views)

Breaking: Igbo Traders Condemn Biafra Protests/nnamdi Kanu In Strongest Terms / Twitter Outburst As Patience Jonathan Fails To Show Up At The Inauguration / Olisa Metuh Reacts To Orubebe’s Anti-Jega Outburst At Collation Center (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by deletrue: 2:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
Rose2014:
Yorubas on nairaland making it seem as if the Agbaje guy is Igbo

So much hatred for their own so called son and Lagos indegene for that matter. And lead by Oba himself cheesy

Just listen to Oba saying that Igbos will drown in a Lagoon for voting a Lagos indegene o. Makes no sense to me one bit

And if Igbos vote Agbaje(which they'll now do out of curiosity) and Lagoon doesn't open, what will Oba now say.

I honestly wish he didn't say this but unfortunately he did. I saw the video and couldn't stop Smh for grandpa
And some Nigerians will deceive others that we are ONE Nigeria. You can imagine an Oba opens his mounth in the bright day light, not drunk and swear that one ethnic group should die, yet they claim that there was no gang up against GEJ. Tell me if this Oba can transform himself into many persons or his likes are many, why should they not gang up and vote against GEJ?
Nigeria is a drama.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by zimoni(f): 2:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
oneeast:
I am not trying to unsettle you my brother. What am trying to say is that NIA is a Covert Ops. DSS and NIA works hand in hand. Our team will storm Lagos on Thursday in 5 stealth aircrafts for our covert survey and supervision via NIGCOMSAT 4G. I will be bringing live feeds where it does not pose security threat.

JIMI is the man to watch..

Okay Sir.

In Yuzedo's voice....

I Give Up.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Rose2014: 2:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
deletrue:
And some Nigerians will deceive others that we are ONE Nigeria. You can imagine an Oba opens his mounth in the bright day light, not drunk and swear that one ethnic group should die, yet they claim that there was no gang up against GEJ. Tell me if this Oba can transform himself into many persons or his likes are many, why should they not gang up and vote against GEJ?
Nigeria is a drama.
It's a shame indeed given his age n position. Still Smh
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by PassingShot(m): 2:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
ddefoe:
my brother there is no gang up except here in nairaland.ibos in lagos have not ganged up against anyone.Some will clearly vote for APC while others will vote for PDP.the mistake here is that we tend to look at situation from the nairaland point of view but from the information available to me,the ibo leaders have not endorsed neither Agbaje nor ambode.what is clear to me is that people will vote for the candidate of their choice.let some people keep creating their separate world in the name of nairaland.there is no one person that can speak for an entire race or ethnic group.I am ibo,my elder brother is a staunch APC memeber who campaigned vigorously and even risked his life as a party agent during the presidential election.he is a buhari diehardist and yet some folk will say ibos didn't vote or supported buhari.The point I am making is that these things depends on individual convictions and conscience.that's what democracy is all about and nobody should be crucified for expressing his humaness.both the candidates are yorubas and lagosians for that matter and why would it be a problem if any of them wins!

I agree with you but I made my comment based on what Ndigbo and other notable Igbo personalities are saying on the matter.

Of course not all Igbos will vote for JK just as not all Yorubas will vote for Ambode. However, if the Igbo leadership will continue to make a mountain of the issue and Ambode eventually wins (very likely), the Igbos will once again be seen as ........

1 Like

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Orikinla(m): 2:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
EmoBoy:
Too little, too late.

The "King of Lagos" has already done the damage.
Which nonsense damage?
[size=28pt]Stop talking about what you don't even know.
APC will win and retain Lagos again with more votes than the presidential election.
Lagosians are united for APC.
Those born and bred in Lagos are the majority.[/size].
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
Na only Igbos dey Lagos..

abegi APC mobilise all the Hausas to vote for Ambode... wetin them dey talk now... lousy set of greedy things
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Achilies(m): 2:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
akinboyepelumi1:
The King of Lagos anger has led to this aggressive words that has thrown Ambode in a state of panic. Agbaje on the other hand is trying to use this medium to seduce the igbos to rob them of their vote while Ambode is striving to get the igbos on his side.

I am a Yoruba but I think the Igbos are more powerful in Lagos than before.

I hope this Lagos election will not lead to something both the Lagosians and the igbos will regret in the nearest future.

That's what I keep telling people.
Without the oba knowing it he just made the igbos the deciding factor in the coming election. Both candidates are yorubas I don't know why the oba will see the igbos as a threat.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by NetworkProblem: 2:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
AMBODE...it is tooo late .. i still sense pride in your words... this your silly article serves no propaganda.. i dont blame you.. i guess you are working for that partisan monarch.. . i reject anyone who wishes any man dead for performing his civic duties .lagos is for all nigerians... it is true that igbos developed that place and presently won a house of reps seat in oshodi isolo..of which yorubas even voted for the igbo candidate.. lagosians are not igbo or yoruba but lagosians.. i weep for the future of lagos under APC, tinubu, and obaAkiolu...
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Okeikpu(m): 2:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
Only the Ewedu pple dat recognized dat Agboro as oba of Lagos... They once said that the wisest man in Eweduland is the most fOolish man in Igboland... Take oba Akiole 4example (・∀・)
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by olushy: 2:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
The statement of oba of lagoon mean any1 who do not vote APC Akinwunmi Ambode will be killed by _____ A tax B lagoon, so if every1 leaving in lagos state vote JK na lagoon sunnami go kill all of us, the lesson we all are learning this day mean think well be4 u open ur mouth, please on 11 April come out and vote any1 u think can bring development into our life , GOD bless the World And GOD bless all Good people and GOD bless my HOMELAND 9JA ,remember we are all brother and sister ,tell some1 2day I love U ,I LOVE U ALL and OLUWA bless u all
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
Please let's die this already.
please let's just ignore this oba and vote Ambode.
Some elders ruining the chances of their young ones since 1834! sad angry
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by toprealman: 2:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
EmoBoy:
Too little, too late.

THE 'OWNER' OF LAGOS YOU MEAN?
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by ozodigboo(m): 2:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
dandydrey:
I think the igbo elders present dere are to blame.. Luk at dem laughing and kinda begging d oba.. To all d igbos in Lagos, ur elders just sold u..

If it were to be an igwe saying dis in a yoruba gathering, i trust my guys oo, guys wey go Don shayo sef before going sef.. U knw wot can happen nah..

Igbos shld talk to dere elders cos I perceive dey av received alert.. Lol
Those Igbo Chiefs at the meeting are not fools. We are wise.
Yes, they were laughing........ to distract the Oba, so that he wouldn't realise some people were using tape recorders & video.
I hereby implore my people to vote JK. Why ??
Because, if Ambrose wins, the King of Lagos will boast that his threat worked wonders. He may even claim that it was only Yorubas that voted Ambrose and still he won.
So, lets give it to JK, and proceed to the lagoon.

The Igbos can never be intimidated.......we fought a war with the REST OF NIGERIA for over 3 years.
We can most certainly defend ourselves in Lagos !!
OBA AKI-OLE, WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU IN THE LAGOON.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by livinbygrace: 2:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
akinboyepelumi1:
The King of Lagos anger has led to this aggressive words that has thrown Ambode in a state of panic. Agbaje on the other hand is trying to use this medium to seduce the igbos to rob them of their vote while Ambode is striving to get the igbos on his side.

I am a Yoruba but I think the Igbos are more powerful in Lagos than before.

I hope this Lagos election will not lead to something both the Lagosians and the igbos will regret in the nearest future.

Which power re u telling about?Whether they like it or not ambode is the next governor
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by maclatunji: 2:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
PassingShot:
This should lay the issue to rest except there are other motives therein for our Igbo brothers.

Stop the ganging up and vote according to your conscience. Stop campaigning as a block against APC/Ambode so that wherever the pendulum swings, you're not seen as against anyone.

Ambode has a better chance than JK whether you gang up or not and APC ruling Lagos is more beneficial than PDP especially this time around that the central government is APC.

Common sense o.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by RightPATH: 2:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
This is another opportunity for Igbos to own the whole lagoon in Lagos because they have been making so much effort to buy them all and turn them into money making lagoon and also sand fill some of them as usual for their houses thereby chasing the so called lagosian to slums where they prefer to live[/font][i][/i]
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Alfamann: 2:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
upsonn:

Watch what you said to an elder mother matter what happened... Here we give respect to our elders... It may be lacking frm where you came from... Deal with it.

In my place, the elders respect themselves.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by fluxbush(f): 2:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
Khalessi:
Lagos has no king Lagos needs no king......
Naughty you! Culled from The Lord of the Ring: Fellowship of the Ring. wink
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by toprealman: 2:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
ehie:
Na only Igbos dey Lagos..

abegi APC mobilise all the Hausas to vote for Ambode... wetin them dey talk now... lousy set of greedy things
CHEAP SLAG. CLEARLY YOU HAVE NOT VISITED YOUR MENTAL HEALTH DOC LATELY. COMMUNITY BICYCLE!

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Dee60: 2:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
Rose2014:
Yorubas on nairaland making it seem as if the Agbaje guy is Igbo

So much hatred for their own so called son and Lagos indegene for that matter. And lead by Oba himself cheesy

Just listen to Oba saying that Igbos will drown in a Lagoon for voting a Lagos indegene o. Makes no sense to me one bit

And if Igbos vote Agbaje(which they'll now do out of curiosity) and Lagoon doesn't open, what will Oba now say?

I honestly wish he didn't say this but unfortunately he did. I saw the video and couldn't stop Smh for grandpa

There is a great deal of difference between Lagos and Lagos State. Lagos State has no king. If this country would take a leap forward people should stop campaigning on tribal or religious lines. people should look for information. Epe, Ikorodu, Igbogbo, Badagry are all part of Lagos State and all these places have their kings as well. Lagos Island is not the same as Lagos State.

What has the candidate done? What is on his CV? Who are his friends? We should look for information and vote on that basis.

For a candidate to earn votes, he should be able to campaign on 2 grounds

THESE ARE THE THINGS I HAVE DONE (to start with)
THESE ARE THE THINGS I WILL DO

If you could not make a success running a bakery or a tannery, how would you rule a whole state?
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
Insulting the Oba is damaging for Agbaje. And it will cost him. before now many are divided but Agbaje is being considered as the Igbo governor who is letting "opolo buruku segiri si kabiyesi"

Igbos will vote for PDP but Lagos will vote APC
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by KillaBeans(m): 2:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
I'm a die-hard supporter of Ambode but with this comment from Oba Akinolu,I think Jimi has just scored a very good point and I'm afraid power might change just like it did in the federal level this coming saturday.The igbos have a significant population in Lagos and have contributed tremendiously to the development of Lagos.I don't know how to placate or pacify the igbos but I beg that the Obas comment be overlook and vote Ambode........#BlessYou
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Eluala(m): 2:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
I was yet to decide before yesterday. However now I am more than resolved to vote [size=20pt]JK AGBAJE [/size]irrespective of his chances and I don't care if he loses or wins.

Come to think of it, I am a proud Igbo man, we are independent minded and do not depend/wait for government for anything. If the government remembers us, then we thank God and thank them but do we hope on them? No.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by jimi4us: 2:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
dipopooo:
grin Ambode Ambode sharp guy. dont condemn or apologise to anybody i mean we own no baga any apology. we can never allow flatees to destroy our land as they destroyed theirs. kabiyesi, the owner of lagos has spoken.

*in fayose's voice* no apology to flatees let dem leave our land
i pray the gay Oba orders your father to his throne and fckk him in the buttt
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Ayzeeez: 2:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
Photos: SEE What Buhari Was Spotted Doing With Obasanjo, Tinubu And Ambode In Lagos Today http:///XqWgSDAqDf
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 07, 2015
jimi4us:
i pray the gay Oba orders your father to his throne and fckk him in the buttt
you guys are always gay now so surprise there
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by ElFenomeno1: 2:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
EmoBoy:
Too little, too late.

Nothing is too late.

No damage is done

Ambode will win!
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by ddefoe: 2:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
PassingShot:

I agree with you but I made my comment based on what Ndigbo and other notable Igbo personalities are saying on the matter.

Of course not all Igbos will vote for JK just as not all Yorubas will vote for Ambode. However, if the Igbo leadership will continue to make a mountain of the issue and Ambode eventually wins (very likely), the Igbos will once again be seen as ........
I agree with u perfectly but like I said,there is no individual that can speak for a whole race or ethnic group.I gave example of my family while my brothers and sisters were rooting for buhari,I pitched my tent with GEJ and I also have many Ibo friends who voted for Buhari but some people will want to believe otherwise.humans are rational being and what moves me might not be same for others.I can tell u that many ibos will vote for Ambode while others will vote for Agbaje.the problem is thst some people assume the role or pretending to speak for others whereas they are speaking for themselves.Afterall,it was Ibo leaders who paid a solidarity to the Oba of lagos when the alleged threat was made.I don't think Ibos from what I know and hear from my brothers and friends in lagos,are not really bothered about the outcome of the guber election in lagos but sadly, social media crusaders will always heat up every issue.the truth is whoever wins the electon on saturday,the ibos will still be in safe hands either PDP or APC becos they are already well integrated in lagos.Yorubas and ibos has always lived peacefully and there has never been any incidence of violence between the two ethnic group.don't take everything u read becos it doesn't often reflect the true situation on ground.people are uneccessarily heating up the election and it shouldn't be.this individuals are two yoruba Sons and confirmed lagosians for that matter so it shouldn't be a problem who wins! I can tell u as an ibo man,the ibos are not ganging up against any candidate.there is no such thing like that
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by scondy(f): 2:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
akinboyepelumi1:
You are right my brother, the PDP camp are turning this into an ethnic war which in turn will only lead to either physical aggression or verbal aggression. The king should just come out and apologize or claim he didn't meant it that way (which I know he will do very soon). He should just come out and say somthing.

do you know what Kabiyesi means?No one can question him.....he wont retract his words....he ia king,.....i dont support his comments but the igbos should deal with it....enough of the noise....go and vote jimi....how many the igbos be sef...are they more than the yoruba populace? arent there hausas, deltans, calabars and other indigines in lagos.

abeg Igbo ppe own too much. Does the oba's threat hold water? Why are they using a gun to kill a mosquito?

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by dulux07(m): 2:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
Abeg who cares about d igbos vote, at least its ambode that is going for governorship not the oba, let the igbos vote for who they want, that z der problem, they did same during election, voting for gej, coz of tribalism, at last gej still lost. Who dont need their votes here in south west. All we need is peace.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Montaque(m): 2:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
@Ambo, what you said betrayed what you ve at the back of ur mind.
What has JK being a Pharmacist got to do with Governance. Lagos is not a hospital neither is it a financial institution.
I just tire for these set of politicians, they have not learnt to be democratic and civilised.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 / Governor Wike Is A Man – Joy Nunieh Recounts Her Rescue From Police / Donald Trump Appoints Omarosa Manigault As Head Of Trump Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.