Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke (25050 Views)

Obasanjo, IBB, Danjuma, Others Running Nigeria With Buhari - Pat Utomi / Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu / I Don’t Know What Buhari Should Do, I’ve Stopped Advising People –pat Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
astana1:
LAGOS- BELONGS TO THE YOURBA'S

ABUJA- BELONGS TO THE GWARRI'S

IGBO SHOULD BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THEIR STATEMENTS.

IF THEY TRY THE NONSENSE THEY ARE DOING IN LAGOS, THEY WILL BE ROASTED. grin
So who does the oil in Niger-Delta belongs to, All Nigerians right #Coughs SMH
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
IGBOS WHEN WILL OUR EYES OPEN?

WHAT WILL HAPPEN SO THAT WE WILL RELOCATE AND GO AND DEVELOP SOUTHEAST OUR LEGACY?

AM UNHAPPY EVERYDAY FOR MY FOLLOW IGBOS FOR ABANDONING SOUTHEAST WHERE GOD PLACED US AND WANTS US TO DEVELOP, FOR LANDS WHERE WE WILL BE ALWAYS INSULTED, ATTACKED AND KILLED

THIS KIND OF EMBARRASSING INSULT WILL CONTINUE UNTIL THE IGBOS LEARN LESSON THAT EAST WEST NORTH SOUTH HOME IS THE BEST.

IGBOS PLEASE COME HOME LETS DEVELOP OUR HOME LAND. BECAUSE WE WILL FOREVER BE STRANGERS ELSEWHERE.

THIS IS THE REASON WHY I REFUSES TO SETTLE ANYWHERE OUTSIDE SOUTHEAST.

IGBOS PLEASE COME HOME! LETS BUILD OUR INHERITANCE!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by freshdude99(m): 8:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
astana1:
LAGOS- BELONGS TO THE YOURBA'S

IF THEY TRY THE NONSENSE THEY ARE DOING IN LAGOS, THEY WILL BE ROASTED. grin
And who's this Fool
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Ujulabelle: 8:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
I said the same yesterday and I got over 50 mentions. Most of them abusing and cursing

It is important that you look at the video to understand his statement contextually. The Igbo leaders there were laughing and smiling, they wont have done so if they felt threatened.

You need to see the response of Igbos on twitter to Pat Utomi's tweets
, they have been cursing since morning.

whether joke or no joke, a man of authority whom in the olden days ppl believed spoke the mind of the gods shouldnt utter such a word. he has made himself insignifant through his words. thats y Emirs in d North dont talk when visitors alive
Una go tire and on Monday you will wake up to a brand new shinny Governor- Mr Ambode cheesy cheesy
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by zudozz: 8:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
wts dis 1 saying?
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by vareal(m): 8:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
ColinAdua:
WHAT WILL HAPPEN SO THAT WE WILL RELOCATE AND GO AND DEVELOP SOUTHEAST OUR LEGACY?
AM UNHAPPY EVERYDAY FOR MY FOLLOW IGBOS FOR ABANDONING SOUTHEAST WHERE GOD PLACED US AND WANTS US TO DEVELOP, FOR LANDS WHERE WE WILL BE ALWAYS INSULTED, ATTACKED AND KILLED
THIS KIND OF EMBARRASSING INSULT WILL CONTINUE UNTIL THE IGBOS LEARN LESSON THAT EAST WEST NORTH SOUTH HOME IS THE BEST.
IGBOS PLEASE COME HOME LETS DEVELOP OUR HOME LAND. BECAUSE WE WILL FOREVER BE STRANGERS ELSEWHERE.
ColinAdua:
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by vareal(m): 8:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
Never mind there is a supernatural plan to conquer Nigeria in a short while throughacquisition of landed property. We AR in Rivers,Lagos ND Abuja, gradually we grow
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by obiak4(m): 9:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
[quote author=astana1 post=32450920]LAGOS- BELONGS TO THE YOURBA'S

IF THEY TRY THE NONSENSE THEY ARE DOING IN LAGOS, THEY WILL BE ROASTED. grin[/quote
did you forget to take your drugs today
nurse anothe yaba left pls come quick ooooo
nigeria is for all and sundry inrespective of tribe,religion e.t.c
make we make 9ja work
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by lormarx: 10:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
gistyinka:
Pat Utomi has come out to defend the Oba of Lagos on his alleged threat to life of Igbos in Lagos. The renowned political economist told
Nigerians on Twitter that if they knew the Oba they would have known he only made the statement out of jest and never me...

http://gistyinka.net/matter-arising-he-says-worse-to-me-pat-utomi-defend-the-oba-of-lagos-provacative-comment/

The oba can't defend himself,thanks utomi the defender, defends the oba
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by refreshrate: 10:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
So if you and Oba usually joke does he know the rest of us that he should be joking with that kind of nonsense with us? Abi when he asked you to return the land jokingly as you said did he threaten your life? So because he jokes with you the Oba is now a joker? Is he basketmouth or Alibaba abi what is this man saying sef?

I don dey doubt this man, seems theyre trying to use him for damage control even against his own people.

Albino

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by kayalla(f): 10:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
OK. If person aim to shoot u and miss he will come and tell u he was only joking abi?
Let's assume it was his typical joke not everyone will understand.
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by refreshrate: 10:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
DonaldGenes:
Reading Pat's tweet with a hidden Cane behind my back*

*snatches cane from DonaldGenes and begins to whip Pat seriously and mercilessly asking him "does this look like AY live show at Muson center? Were talking about genocide you say na joke him dey joke, me sef na joke i dey joke with this cane na"*
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by derecho(m): 11:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
lolababe331e:
When you listen to the audio below you will agree with him. Clearly the Igbo leaders were laughing and cracking jokes with the Oba after his speech and promising allegiance to him

https://m.soundcloud.com/chxta-bee/eze-ndi-igbo-response-mp3
Go and watch the video and tell us which Igbo leader was laughing when he was reading the "riot act".Though we know he can not do anything,because he's mortal...
it's important to desist from trying to distort facts.
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Yasher: 11:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
In other words, the Oba has a bad mouth

#talkofNature
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by bajosky: 11:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
SAI JIMI
SAI CHANGE
SAI PVC
SAI LAGOS
SAI INEC
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by totorimi: 4:27am On Apr 08, 2015
ANYONE THAT SUPPORTS THIS AREA BOY TALK OF AN OBA LET THE COURSE BE UPON THEM ALONE.

WHAT WE KNOW TRADITIONAL RULERS FOR IS THEIR FORTRIGHTNESS. IF A MAN CAN NOT GUARD WHAT HE SPEWS FROM THE MOUTH, HE WILL SOONER THAN LATER RUN INTO TROUBLE.

WHAT IS BAD IS BAD AND CONDEMNABLE. AN OBA OF ALL PEOPLE SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN OR HEARD MAKING SUCH STATEMENTS IN PUBLIC. OBAS,IGWES, EMIRS ARE NOT ORSINARY MEN NOW.

THEIR WORDS ARE NOT JOKES OGA PROF, THEIR WORDS ARE PRONOUNCEMENTS WHICH IS BACKED BY THE DEITIES AND OUR ANCESTORS. SO ONCE THEY PRONOUNCE ANYTHING TO REVERSE IT REQUIRES SACRIFICES.

SO DONT CALL A TRADITIONAL RULERS PRONOUCEMENT A JOKE. IT IS OUE CULTURE AND NOT BOOK SCIENCE.

THAT IS HOW YOU PEOPLE WILL SEE 'AJEMAGBE' AND CALL IT VEGETABLE.
GO AND ASK GEJ WHETHER WHEN ALL THE OBAS PLACED THEIR STAFF ON HIS HEAD WHETHER IT WAS JOKE. SMH
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by LaryBoy(m): 7:28am On Apr 08, 2015
Pat utomi is a mad man along side with Oba.... Nonsense
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Masky2000: 8:56am On Apr 08, 2015
igbsam:
The Igbo people present at the event clapped for the Oba after he made those statements. I guess they knew he was jesting afterall. While people are killing themselves on social media

The Igbos are know to be peaceful and happy people, they may have laughed over it there in the oba's palace to maintain calmness but within
they were not happy with his statement. They Igbo leaders are not fools hence they would have come all out as a group to defend the oba

Remember, no king joks with his pronouncement in the public, not to the extent of swearing, that is why king harold could not go back on the promise he made that led to the death of John the Baptist. If the oba can not retreat his statement, means that it holds unless Ambode wins the election, that is the truth.

Thank you.
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by deelobe: 3:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
Joke indeed It is an expensive one
Re: Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke by Chiaka(f): 3:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
gistyinka:
Pat Utomi has come out to defend the Oba of Lagos on his alleged threat to life of Igbos in Lagos. The renowned political economist told
Nigerians on Twitter that if they knew the Oba they would have known he only made the statement out of jest and never me...

http://gistyinka.net/matter-arising-he-says-worse-to-me-pat-utomi-defend-the-oba-of-lagos-provacative-comment/

He would have saved the day my telling people that its his usual joke!!! Lots of people now seeing him as a tribal bigot!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obiano Begins Rehabilitation Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Road / Sowore's Revolution Now, Day Of Rage Protest On August 5th. What Do You Think? / Reno Omokri's 6-Month-Old Daughter, Ebele, Does Push-Ups (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.