Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? (3778 Views)

I Wept Bitterly At Night, When I Slept The Angel Of God Appeared To Me. / APPARITION: The Blessed Mother Of God Appeared In Kaduna Today! / (VIDEO) Holy Mary Mother Of Jesus Appeared In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by Acekidc4(m): 7:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
To The Christians, Muslims and all Religion Believers, this Question is for all of You!!

According to a Christian Brother I ask this same question, this was is Reply;

He said and I quote; Yes I would do it because if the creator tells me to do something no matter how bad it sounds, it must be right. Because the person who made all laws can choose who and what law to break. Plus I would feel better knowing that a God does exist and I could devote my life to him!!

That was a Christian to the Core Reply to my Question!!
What do you think Nairalanders!!

Sukkot, Johnydon22, ifeness, Image123, Truthman2012, Kay17 Come in Here and Contribute ya own oh!!

Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by write2obi(m): 7:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
The real question is : how would you know is God that appeared to you? undecided

3 Likes

Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by Glock9(m): 7:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
I dont think God will need man to do that for him. He can do that on his own.

1 Like

Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by VickyRotex(f): 7:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
From the Biblical point of view.

Psalm 138vs2 :" He honours his words morethan his name"

He said "Thou shall not kill"

So I know He would'nt change His words...

All the same, He is unquestionable...

Like the person above me stated, He can do that Himself...
Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by enilove(m): 7:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
Acekidc4:
To The Christians, Muslims and all Religion Believers, this Question is for all of You!!

He said and I quote; Yes I would do it because if the creator tells me to do something no matter how bad it sounds, it must be right. Because the person who made all laws can choose who and what law to break. Plus I would feel better knowing that a God does exist and I could devote my life to him!!

The God I serve cannot ask me to kill anyone unless in a war situation like that of d Israelites.

God Himself is able to kill anybody without d assistance of anyone like he did with d first male born of the Egyptians.
Hence ,why would He need me to kill anyone for H
im since He can ,without query from anyone, kill easily.
Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by Acekidc4(m): 7:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
enilove:

The God I serve cannot ask me to kill anyone unless in a war situation like that of d Israelites.

God Himself is able to kill anybody without d assistance of anyone like he did with d first male born of the Egyptians.

Maybe you have not read all the Books of the Old Testament!! Read the Book of Judges and tell me what happen there??
Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by pastorwilly(m): 7:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
Naria landers u neva kill,plz piont of correction God can neva tell yhu to murder anY body... That's fetish
Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by johnydon22(m): 7:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
Acekidc4:

Sukkot, Johnydon22, ifeness, Image123, Truthman2012, Kay17 Come in Here and Contribute ya own oh!!

That goes a lot to show religious morality..he knows its wrong and bad but still would do it.

H.L Menchen once said "Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told but religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right"

Someone once asked me if i was abraham what i would have done and my answer was.
" I will not kill my son, it is wrong and can never be right no matter what.. I cant even attempt it. my human instinct have it to be wrong and nothing can change that"

That your christian friend have just shown he is not very far from barbarism if given the chance and i can rightly said that words above shows not even an iota of morality.

No wonder we have religious extremists wreaking havoc on the world.

2 Likes

Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by Misogynist2014(m): 8:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
Acekidc4:

Seeing your profile pic (like that of a hungry lünatic ) and this brainless post, I think there is a viable excuse for you being insanè.
Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
Op are you stupid or what?
Would you for once use that brain of urs to do something worthwhile in ur life?
Did you just woke up sluggishly frm bed and decided to post trash?
Pls tell me exactly what ur problem is?
How can you just decide to write something meaningless for the sake of making a thread?
Are u depressed?
Obviously you`ve no answers to my questions `cause ur thinking capacity is so low.
Now be a man and delete this thread or ignore then face the wrath of the ancestors.
Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by johnydon22(m): 8:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
pastorwilly:
Naria landers u neva kill,plz piont of correction God can neva tell yhu to murder anY body... That's fetish
really? check again lets start here

2 Likes

Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by johnydon22(m): 8:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
and as usual the christian posts are all insults and cursing and bashing.. Acekidc4 please do not reply any of the insults just pay a blind eye to them

1 Like

Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by Acekidc4(m): 8:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
johnydon22:
and as usual the christian posts are all insults and cursing and bashing.. Acekidc4 please do not reply any of the insults just pay a blind eye to them

You are so Right Bro!!
Won't answer any of them!!
Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by Acekidc4(m): 8:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Seeing your profile pic (like that of a hungry lünatic ) and this brainless post, I think there is a viable excuse for you being insanè.

Thank you Sir for the Insults!!
I only ask a very simple question which Require a YES or NO answer!!

1 Like

Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by Kay17: 10:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
VickyRotex:
From the Biblical point of view.

Psalm 138vs2 :" He honours his words morethan his name"

He said "Thou shall not kill"

So I know He would'nt change His words...

All the same, He is unquestionable...

Like the person above me stated, He can do that Himself...

But the exact same test was used on the Father of all Peoples -- Abraham. Does the text change ?!
Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by Kay17: 10:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
enilove:

God used the same test for Abraham, is the God of Abraham different from yours?
Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by VickyRotex(f): 10:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
Kay17:

But the exact same test was used on the Father of all Peoples -- Abraham. Does the text change ?!

The Op never mentioned test here.

Well, good thing you said it yourself, Abraham was tested.
And he dint kill afterwards
Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
pastorwilly:

PastorWillyNilly, I think you haven't read the Bible at all. Maybe u've only been reading the Quran grin

1 Samuel 15:2-3; Your god commanded Saul to kill the Amalekites: Men, Women, Infant, Sucklings, Ox, Sheep, Camels & Asses.

That is just 1 of many Genocides ordered by Yahweh.

The Jericho Massacre - Joshua 6:21

The Massacre of the Aradies - Numbers 21:1-2

The Midianite Massacre - Numbers 31:1-35

The Ai Massacre - Joshua 8:1-25

The Ammonite Massacre - Judges 11:32-33

The end of judges: 2 Genocides & 200 stolen virgins - Judges 21:10-14.

The Lord said to David; go and smite the Philistines - 1 Samuel 23:2-5

I could go on & on.
Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by Kay17: 11:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
VickyRotex:

The Op never mentioned test here.

Well, good thing you said it yourself, Abraham was tested.
And he dint kill afterwards

You equally tested here. Would you be able to make an attempt on someone's life?
Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by VickyRotex(f): 6:36am On Apr 08, 2015
Kay17:

You equally tested here. Would you be able to make an attempt on someone's life?

No!!!
Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by johnydon22(m): 7:42am On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

No!!!

oooh really? So you dont want to be like Abraham?

1 Like

Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by VickyRotex(f): 8:05am On Apr 08, 2015
johnydon22:

oooh really? So you dont want to be like Abraham?

smiley Now you're getting it wrong. Why be like Abraham when I can be more than him.
His test of faith could be different from mine.
Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by johnydon22(m): 8:58am On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

smiley Now you're getting it wrong. Why be like Abraham when I can be more than him.
His test of faith could be different from mine.

No dont play the going in circle game... the op is about "if god asked u for ur child" exactly as he did abraham..

You have made it clear that you wouldn't... We understand that, you know its evil smiley

meanwhile if Abraham was alive today and claimed a deity wanted him to sacrifice his son, am sure you know where he would be by now... Psychiatric home of course like many christians who have claimed that..
Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by VickyRotex(f): 9:01am On Apr 08, 2015
johnydon22:

No dont play the going in circle game... the op is about "if god asked u for ur child" exactly as he did abraham..

You have made it clear that you wouldn't... We understand that, you know its evil smiley

meanwhile if Abraham was alive today and claimed a deity wanted him to sacrifice his son, am sure you know where he would be by now... Psychiatric home of course like many christians who have claimed that..

Oh, dint know you're an atheist. undecided
Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by johnydon22(m): 9:03am On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

Oh, dint know you're an atheist. undecided

Now you know sweety smiley
Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by VickyRotex(f): 9:05am On Apr 08, 2015
johnydon22:

Now you know sweety smiley

Good for you
Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by johnydon22(m): 9:07am On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

Good for you

ok good.. lets continue smiley

Why wouldn't you kill your child if God asks you to?
Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by VickyRotex(f): 9:10am On Apr 08, 2015
johnydon22:

ok good.. lets continue smiley

Why wouldn't you kill your child if God asks you to?

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided
Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by johnydon22(m): 9:13am On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided

hahahahaha oh common lets have a little chat here please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...smiley
Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by VickyRotex(f): 9:17am On Apr 08, 2015
johnydon22:

hahahahaha oh common lets have a little chat here please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...smiley

Nah, we are two different people, with different mindset.

I don't do e-arguement that way... undecided lipsrsealed
Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by johnydon22(m): 9:19am On Apr 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

Nah, we are two different people, with different mindset.

I don't do e-arguement that way... undecided lipsrsealed

Lol its not an argument. . . Just see as a discussion smiley
Re: If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? by VickyRotex(f): 9:20am On Apr 08, 2015
johnydon22:

Lol its not an argument. . . Just see as a discussion smiley

Nah, sorry smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is The Son Of Perdition? / "Don't be afraid of tattoos." POPE FRANCIS / 27 Minutes To Midnight 2012 Edition/elisha Goodman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.