Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,368 members, 7,864,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:27 AM

Is Lagos Really "No Man's Land?" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Lagos Really "No Man's Land?" (787 Views)

Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? / Is Lagos really a "No Man's Land" / Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Lagos Really "No Man's Land?" by kay29000(m): 7:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ever since the Oba of Lagos made the disrespectful statement towards the Igbos, I have heard a lot of people say Lagos is a no man's land. But is this really so? I know the people that have their hometown in Epe, Ikorodu, Lagos Island, Idimu etc are Yoruba people...so, can Lagos be considered a no man's land?

Of cos, Lagos was once the capital of Nigeria, where people from various ethnic groups settled in. Also, Lagos is a commercial state, so it attracts settlers nationwide, but still...Can it be considered a no man's land?

Re: Is Lagos Really "No Man's Land?" by rocgirl: 7:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
Biko, I don't like that coinage one bit jare! gringrin;

For the plus of been a state with presence of persons with diverse ethnicities and cultural affiliations; I think it's best we refer to Lagos as a unifying point, a smaller Nigeria, an abode for all Nigerians, regardless of where they're originally from.

In the nearest future, I sincerely wish we'd have a Lazgidi, collectively nurtured and built in unity: Where we can expect an Aisha, Ebuka, Titilope, Ogor or Chechet to hail from.

#SayNoToEthnicBigotry
#UnlearnHate
#SpiritOfLagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos Really "No Man's Land?" by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
Capital NO. Lagos belongs to the Yorubas but any Nigerian can live there

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Really "No Man's Land?" by emmysoftyou: 8:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
kaybiel2u:
Capital NO. Lagos belongs to the Yorubas but any Nigerian can live there
well said...

Op...
lagos belong to the yorubas,and nobody can change it..

in as much the aborigine or those who live or resides in epe,ikorud,badagry and bariga speaks yoruba language..

My brother,lagos is a yorubas land and i will continue to stand on it...

some of the places u can call no man's land re bar beach,eleguchi and koramo beach..
Yu re free to go and stay there grin
but in the mainland and island,it belong to the yorubas...

Take it or leave it...

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Really "No Man's Land?" by Rose2014: 8:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
Calling Lagos a no ma's land is a different issue

Oba's lagoon threat is also a different issue.

Pls stop trying at all cost to merge the two. They are two parallel lines

Or is Agbaje now an outcast? That a whole tribe will fall into a lagoon cheesy for voting him?

(1) (Reply)

Governor Mimiko: Having Sex On Credit? / Ohakim Condemns Killing Of Leader Of Imo 10,000 Jobs Restoration Forum / First Nigerian At The North Pole! Tee Morgan.-pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.