Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,667 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid (67509 Views)

Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Expands In May / Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) / This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by niceguy7(m): 9:14am On Apr 08, 2015
Tnx amazon....buh not interested. undecided
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 08, 2015
Swaqwiz:
lol... ,meanwhile if you i'll like to start importing branded product like Samsung Galaxy S4 for N14, 000, Blackberry z10 For N15,000 And Even Marc Book Are Sold So Cheap Not To Talk About Blackberries For As Low has N4,500 And Much More visit my profile to know how to get started!.

NOTE: THIS IS NOT THE COMMON ALIEXPRESS OR DHGATE YOU ALREADY KNOW

How you won import s4 for 14k and blackberryz10 for 15k.

Scam alert

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Prodeegee(m): 9:16am On Apr 08, 2015
I'm so happy about this
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 08, 2015
Yassssss!
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by ojnnaco(m): 9:17am On Apr 08, 2015
who said nobi me own dis space?

Welcome.

C of O
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by stiles009(m): 9:17am On Apr 08, 2015
I can attest that they do indeed ship to Nigeria, but it still limited to some goods dat weigh less than 3kg and books.
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by worldgee101: 9:20am On Apr 08, 2015
Good 2 hear bt wt mixed feelings.

However, stay more informed.

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by bimbor(m): 9:21am On Apr 08, 2015
voltron:
Since 2012 I used a couple of expensive methods to purchase goods off Amazon not limited to the following
1: Buy and Ship to American Address of a Friend arriving Nigeria in a week or two
2: Use Nigerian Shops who buy on your behalf and ship at exorbitant prices and +5% Black Market USD$
3: Use American re-shipping and forwarding agents such as MyUs.com

all the above did not exactly satisfy my hunger for original/premium quality goods. Rather than fight with Nigerian shops selling knock-offs or out-dated and on-sale goods for more than 5 times the price on Amazon. I decided to try Amazon today and viola!! they do ship to Nigeria using my GTBank MasterCard. I quickly placed an order for some items and checked-out my cart. goods should arrive this April 17 at most.

My Question is.. How are Nigerian Entrepreneurs going to match Amazon in pricing and quality. Jumia and Konga have only raised the hunger for online shopping without the capacity to meet it appropriately. but with Amazon in the picture.. won't Nigerians move their purchases elsewhere.. what happens to the affiliate marketing schemes and other online retailers like SLOT etc.

Aaaah!! E don be for Konga and Jumia be dat oh!!!
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 08, 2015
Viciyus:

You are still a learner.

If na Amazon. You must have shop to my door account.

Before shipping can be don. And you most pay extra amount of money. That is no Amazon

learner. try it yourself. nothing else needed
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by GodMode: 9:23am On Apr 08, 2015
voltron:
Since 2012 I used a couple of expensive methods to purchase goods off Amazon not limited to the following

All jumia and konga have to do is meet the government and impose some restrictions on Amazon...

Simple as A B C gringrin

1 Like

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 08, 2015
podosci:
how long did it take and which address did you put...
I put my Abuja address and its telling me problem shipping to the adresss

I put my surulere address it says it can ship there.
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by 2scorehigh(m): 9:27am On Apr 08, 2015
Hmm... could this be one of the BUHARI Changes?

1 Like

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by FitnessNigeria: 9:28am On Apr 08, 2015
High shipping cost is a turn off.

Imagine buying an 8k product and shipping it with over 10k. Who does that?

1 Like

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by cecegorz(m): 9:29am On Apr 08, 2015
This is a really interesting development.
Jeff is a sharp guy, he allowed Konga and Jumia to do the ground work in developing the Nigerian market, now they are going to swoop in and make a kill.
Expect their aggressive ad banners on Nigerian sites very soon.

The first and only time I shopped on Amazon, using MyUs.com address for delivery, I knew I wasn't gonna do it again because the cost of shipping was too steep and unsustainable.
Now that they are shipping directly, I expect a huge drop, or even even free delivery on promo items.
They've likely got a return customer in me.

1 Like

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 08, 2015
Swaqwiz:
lol... ,meanwhile if you i'll like to start importing branded product like Samsung Galaxy S4 for N14, 000, Blackberry z10 For N15,000 And Even Marc Book Are Sold So Cheap Not To Talk About Blackberries For As Low has N4,500 And Much More visit my profile to know how to get started!.

NOTE: THIS IS NOT THE COMMON ALIEXPRESS OR DHGATE YOU ALREADY KNOW

No need going there cos it ends on manual purchase. Tell us how here or forget it!
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by justi4jesu(f): 9:34am On Apr 08, 2015
2scorehigh:
Hmm... could this be one of the BUHARI Changes?

Go back to sleep, you don high abi angry

2 Likes

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by ZINSOU(m): 9:39am On Apr 08, 2015
Im sure mny other factors would affect peoples choice, mny of us want what we want as fast as possible...Amazon, ur not in Nigeria. Competition is healthy though, we the consumers have evrything to gain.
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Ishaka440: 9:40am On Apr 08, 2015
Depending on the product and the seller on amazon, delivery to Nigeria option has often been available . However, if you do not choose to do it via Courier, you may never receive it as their default reliance is on Nipost ( Nigerian Postal Service) to complete the delivery in Nigeria. I am still waiting to receive the Laptop Charger I bought since 2013 from amazon using my Nigerian address.

Please keep us posted with your progress on this.

2 Likes

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by ammyluv2002(f): 9:40am On Apr 08, 2015
stiles009:
I can attest that they do indeed ship to Nigeria, but it still limited to some goods dat weigh less than 3kg and books.
it doesn't arrive early! I bought an item from them last year August and the item arrived Abuja in January tho it was a free shipping
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by sharpboyus(m): 9:46am On Apr 08, 2015
I believe they ship mainly books to Nigeria. electronics, such is ipad , laptops, phones are not shipped to Nigeria
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by sharpboyus(m): 9:47am On Apr 08, 2015
Ishaka440:
Depending on the product and the seller on amazon, delivery to Nigeria option has often been available . However, if you do not choose to do it via Courier, you may never receive it as their default reliance is on Nipost ( Nigerian Postal Service) to complete the delivery in Nigeria. I am still waiting to receive the Laptop Charger I bought since 2013 from amazon using my Nigerian address.

Please keep us posted with your progress on this.

Did you buy from amazon uk or amazon usa ?
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Ishaka440: 9:53am On Apr 08, 2015
sharpboyus:

Did you buy from amazon uk or amazon usa ?

I bought from Amazon uk
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:55am On Apr 08, 2015
IMO opinion, there's nothing for Jumia and Konga to be worried about.

They're doing more volume (in Nigeria) and will deliver faster and cheaper locally.

Amazon can't match that, from the US.

2 Likes

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by richidinho(m): 9:56am On Apr 08, 2015
Alibaba.comooooooooo
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by duwdu: 10:03am On Apr 08, 2015
Although I have always known – and experienced – bits and pieces of how to get one's goods purchased online via US-based merchants to me in Nigeria, the totality of this thread this far, has been a tremendous further eye-opener for me.

So, thanks for opening the thread, OP @voltron.

P34c3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by sunnshyn(f): 10:07am On Apr 08, 2015
I'm still learner when it comes to online buying(except Aliexpress) and need help..

Amazon doesn't also ship to South Africa and I intend to buy something very important...the price here of the same product is so exorbitant I almost fainted the day I saw it in a store..

I'd like the gurus here who can help me out abeg...kindly let me know the process I'd need to go through bikonu...
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by traware(m): 10:14am On Apr 08, 2015
richidinho:

Alibaba.comooooooooo
'Alibaba.com' is not a product buying/shipping service per se.Its more like the chinese version of Nigerias' ''

1 Like

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by FMary(m): 10:19am On Apr 08, 2015
Amazon has been shipping to Nigeria for a couple of years now, I have personally bought from them years back. The thing is that they do not ship certain electronic products like phones and tablets to Nigeria and again the exchange rate they charge your card with is far high when compared to payments with Paypal.
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Chiaka(f): 10:20am On Apr 08, 2015
voltron:
1: Buy and Ship to American Address of a Friend arriving Nigeria in a week or two
2: Use Nigerian Shops who buy on your behalf and ship at exorbitant prices and +5% Black Market USD$

all the above did not exactly satisfy my hunger for original/premium quality goods. Rather than fight with Nigerian shops selling knock-offs or out-dated and on-sale goods for more than 5 times the price on Amazon. I decided to try Amazon today and viola!! they do ship to Nigeria using my GTBank MasterCard. I quickly placed an order for some items and checked-out my cart. goods should arrive this April 17 at most.

My Question is.. How are Nigerian Entrepreneurs going to match Amazon in pricing and quality. Jumia and Konga have only raised the hunger for online shopping without the capacity to meet it appropriately. but with Amazon in the picture.. won't Nigerians move their purchases elsewhere.. what happens to the affiliate marketing schemes and other online retailers like SLOT etc.

The only thing that keeps changing is 'CHANGE' This is good for people buying price of items will drop. Good!!
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Chiaka(f): 10:22am On Apr 08, 2015
voltron:

How much did they charge for shipping??
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Arogba: 10:47am On Apr 08, 2015
Confirmed!!!

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by ChukwuCantDie: 10:48am On Apr 08, 2015
podosci:
Nigeria is about 170million .....we ought not to be neglected like this
Its a now a matter of service and patriotism
If Jumia and Konga expand and increase their services , Nigerians would patronize them more
Mugu! Jumia is owned by white people you dummy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bread Sold With Toyota Venza Tinted Glass In Anambra State. Photos / Paddy Adenuga Has A Message For Ladies Sliding Into His DM / BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.