Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,329 members, 7,860,810 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:41 PM

Can My Igbo Brothers Explain To Me? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can My Igbo Brothers Explain To Me? (1112 Views)

AMCON: Bruce Brothers Sign Court Order As AMCON Takes Over Silverbird / My Igbo Brothers, It Is Time To Restrategise Not Biafra / Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can My Igbo Brothers Explain To Me? by tbaba1234: 8:00am On Apr 08, 2015
Good day folks,

This is not a tribalistic thread so all tribalists should keep off.

Ojukwu was a great soldier and led his people in a fight for liberation from oppression. To most Igbos, Ojukwu is a hero. The Ikemba Nnewi.

In the last national assembly elections, Emeka Ojukwu Jnr contested for the house of rep seat for Nnewi North under APGA and lost by a landslide to the PDP.

Ojukwu himself contested for a senatorial seat in 1983 and lost. His people did not vote for him.

He ran for presidency and lost in Igbo land. His people did not vote for him.

Buhari was voted for massively in the north because they believe in him even when he was in a small party.

Some Igbos dislike Buhari because he was a soldier in the Biafra war yet they fail to vote in a war hero when the opportunity came.

TA Orji is now a senator inspite of his legendary misrule. These kinds of things confuse me.

5 Likes

Re: Can My Igbo Brothers Explain To Me? by asha80(m): 8:03am On Apr 08, 2015
tbaba1234:
Good day folks,

This is not a tribalistic thread so all tribalists should keep off.

Ojukwu was a great soldier and led his people in a fight for liberation from oppression. To most Igbos, Ojukwu is a hero. The Ikemba Nnewi.

In the last national assembly elections, Emeka Ojukwu Jnr contested for the house of rep seat for Nnewi North under APGA and was lost by a landslide to the PDP.

Ojukwu himself contested for a senatorial seat in 1983 and lost. His people did not vote for him.

He ran for presidency and lost in Igbo land. His people did not vote for him.

Buhari was voted for massively in the north because they believe in him even when he was in a small party.

Some Igbos dislike Buhari because he was a soldier in the Biafra war yet they fail to vote in a war hero when the opportunity came.

TA Orji is now a senator inspite of his legendary misrule. These kinds of things confuse me.

you honestly feel t a orji was voted for?someone that lost his own Pu?orji won the same way Segun oni won ekiti state

1 Like

Re: Can My Igbo Brothers Explain To Me? by tbaba1234: 8:08am On Apr 08, 2015
asha80:
you honestly feel t a orji was voted for?someone that lost his own Pu?orji won the same way Segun oni won ekiti state

Did you see how the people of bauchi kept vigil at the INEC office to ensure their votes were not manipulated.
Re: Can My Igbo Brothers Explain To Me? by asha80(m): 8:12am On Apr 08, 2015
tbaba1234:

Did you see how the people of bauchi kept vigil at the INEC office to ensure their votes were not manipulated.
Orji went straight to inec office in umuahia to do his thing immediately after voting so it I not an issue of keeping vigil after votes has been cast and that is why it would be was to remove him in court
Re: Can My Igbo Brothers Explain To Me? by austinkenneth: 8:19am On Apr 08, 2015
OBJ and PDP rigged all the south-east elections in 2003 - Governorship, National assembly, House of assembly and presidential which were all won by APGA. That's why I keep telling people that The 2003 election was won by Buhari because Ojukwu swept the SE states clean but those votes were put together in favour of OBJ.
In addition, APGA was rigged out of all other positions. Thanks to OBJ and PDP. We all know what happened to those who went to the tribunal.

As for T. A. Orji, do you think he won? He was rigged in by PDP. The results will be contested by APGA and you'll see what will happen because PDP is no longer at the centre therefore Orji will have no cover and APC will calculate that one of the ways to make inroads into the SE will be to hand over what belongs to APGA to APGA.

As for the Emeka Ojukwu Jnr. You'll observe that only a few Igbo politicians have successfully ridden on the back of their parent's popularity. The mentality over there is that even if you are the son of the most revered man in Igboland, you're still equal with everybody.
Why should he be voted for just because his fahther is Ojukwu? who dash am.

3 Likes

Re: Can My Igbo Brothers Explain To Me? by tbaba1234: 8:25am On Apr 08, 2015
austinkenneth:
OBJ and PDP rigged all the south-east elections in 2003 - Governorship, National assembly, House of assembly and presidential which were all won by APGA. That's why I keep telling people that The 2003 election was won by Buhari because Ojukwu swept the SE states clean but those votes were put together in favour of OBJ.
In addition, APGA was rigged out of all other positions. Thanks to OBJ and PDP. We all know what happened to those who went to the tribunal.

As for T. A. Orji, do you think he won? He was rigged in by PDP. The results will be by contested by APGA and you'll see what will happen because PDP is no longer at the centre therefore Orji will have no cover and APC will calculate that one of the ways to make inroads into the SE will be to hand over what belongs to APGA to PAGA.

Thank you, I really hope orji is kicked out.

2003 elections were massively rigged.

1 Like

Re: Can My Igbo Brothers Explain To Me? by austinkenneth: 8:31am On Apr 08, 2015
tbaba1234:

Thank you, I really hope orji is kicked out.

2003 elections were massively rigged.

Evidence of T.A. Orji rigging is visible to the blind. You see politics is so complex that when you think you know it something else hits you. For instance, See Tinubu struggling for his support base.

As for T. A. Orji, He knows he was rigged and that he'll be kicked but beware of the next sucker puch that he may deliver ---Defection to APC which will shield him bacuse he will be their member.

That's why politics is complex.

1 Like

Re: Can My Igbo Brothers Explain To Me? by socialmediaman: 9:28am On Apr 08, 2015
Guys avoiding questions since time immemorial, i didnt mention tribe though.

Well @OP, Let me enlighten you on the issues you raised.

After the war, People were angry that Ojukwu left the country and didnt stand his ground, while millions perished fighting with him, some dying due to malnutrition.

To the young people, most of whom did not witness the war, Ojukwu is a hero. To the old, many of who were directly affected by the war, he reminds them of a "not-so-good" history, however, they will let the young pride themselves in "we made the country stand still"

Politically, Igbos have been victims of a political miscalculation. I'll explain this in the next paragraph. First of all, at the time the 2003 elections were conducted, there has not been a widespread use of social media where the young can mobilize behind their leaders. It was the same elders who were supposed to campaign for Ojukwu that campained for Obasanjo, they were the ones who held the town hall meetings and endorsements that influenced political outcomes, I think i mentioned earlier that these group of elders did not have a not-so-good memories of Ojukwu leadership.

To my final point on political miscalculation. In 2003, the political calculation was, If Igbos voted OJukwu, and Yorubas voted Obasanjo, Hausas and middle belt voted Buhari, then its obvious Buhari would win the election, so the igbos had to align themselves at the national level with the presidency, while maintaining the hold of the state governments. This stood mostly, especially in Anambra and Imo, till the demise of Ojukwu, because the party was mostly formed by him, it died a natural death because the Igbos generally had bought into the PDP class who were blessed with money at their disposal. I would like you to refer back to the AD (Yoruba party) which has died, though it still exists today, simply because the leaders felt the need to re-organize.
Igbos try to play smart mostly, by aligning themselves with the winning team, which sometimes politically backfires. For instance, the igbos aligning themselves naturally with the PDP has made them politically weak, especially as it didnt yield many developmental projects in the south east because rather than being in a political ally, they are seen as political fans of the PDP because there is no strategic partnership agreement, it is just a natural sentimental understanding

Ojukwu's son losing election is like Mbakwe's son losing election in Imo. As long as their fathers are not alive, the ties are no longer strong because PDP has practically killed APGA in the south east, and Igbos are more business-minded than tribal in their political gambits.

Ps: i didnt proof-read this for errors and incoherency.

1 Like

Re: Can My Igbo Brothers Explain To Me? by tbaba1234: 10:34am On Apr 08, 2015
socialmediaman:
Guys avoiding questions since time immemorial, i didnt mention tribe though.

Well @OP, Let me enlighten you on the issues you raised.

After the war, People were angry that Ojukwu left the country and didnt stand his ground, while millions perished fighting with him, some dying due to malnutrition.

To the young people, most of whom did not witness the war, Ojukwu is a hero. To the old, many of who were directly affected by the war, he reminds them of a "not-so-good" history, however, they will let the young pride themselves in "we made the country stand still"

Politically, Igbos have been victims of a political miscalculation. I'll explain this in the next paragraph. First of all, at the time the 2003 elections were conducted, there has not been a widespread use of social media where the young can mobilize behind their leaders. It was the same elders who were supposed to campaign for Ojukwu that campained for Obasanjo, they were the ones who held the town hall meetings and endorsements that influenced political outcomes, I think i mentioned earlier that these group of elders did not have a not-so-good memories of Ojukwu leadership.

To my final point on political miscalculation. In 2003, the political calculation was, If Igbos voted OJukwu, and Yorubas voted Obasanjo, Hausas and middle belt voted Buhari, then its obvious Buhari would win the election, so the igbos had to align themselves at the national level with the presidency, while maintaining the hold of the state governments. This stood mostly, especially in Anambra and Imo, till the demise of Ojukwu, because the party was mostly formed by him, it died a natural death because the Igbos generally had bought into the PDP class who were blessed with money at their disposal. I would like you to refer back to the AD (Yoruba party) which has died, though it still exists today, simply because the leaders felt the need to re-organize.
Igbos try to play smart mostly, by aligning themselves with the winning team, which sometimes politically backfires. For instance, the igbos aligning themselves naturally with the PDP has made them politically weak, especially as it didnt yield many developmental projects in the south east because rather than being in a political ally, they are seen as political fans of the PDP because there is no strategic partnership agreement, it is just a natural sentimental understanding

Ojukwu's son losing election is like Mbakwe's son losing election in Imo. As long as their fathers are not alive, the ties are no longer strong because PDP has practically killed APGA in the south east, and Igbos are more business-minded than tribal in their political gambits.

Ps: i didnt proof-read this for errors and incoherency.

Thank you for your response.

Are there any contrary views? austinkenneth and asha80
Re: Can My Igbo Brothers Explain To Me? by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 08, 2015
tbaba1234:

Theodore Orji will be pushed out by a Petitions Tribunal, just wait and see.
Re: Can My Igbo Brothers Explain To Me? by zimoni(f): 11:11am On Apr 08, 2015
here we go again.
Re: Can My Igbo Brothers Explain To Me? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 08, 2015
Don't mind yolobas they think Igboland is elitist, Emeka Ojukwu's dad was once the richest man in Nigeria but he wasn't interested in what he will inherit despite his education he joined the military as a cadet officer.

The useless yolobas asking these questions have forgotten that Pita Obi won 2003 election but Ngige was declared winner like the APGA candidate in Imo but Ohakim was declared winner with a promise to decamp to PDP.

Yolobas are useless with some questions they ask most times

austinkenneth:

As for T. A. Orji, do you think he won? He was rigged in by PDP. The results will be contested by APGA and you'll see what will happen because PDP is no longer at the centre therefore Orji will have no cover and APC will calculate that one of the ways to make inroads into the SE will be to hand over what belongs to APGA to APGA.

As for the Emeka Ojukwu Jnr. You'll observe that only a few Igbo politicians have successfully ridden on the back of their parent's popularity. The mentality over there is that even if you are the son of the most revered man in Igboland, you're still equal with everybody.
Why should he be voted for just because his fahther is Ojukwu? who dash am.
Re: Can My Igbo Brothers Explain To Me? by tbaba1234: 2:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
Buddahmonk, I beg you, this thread is not for tribalists. Btw, I am not yoruba. I am from the south south.

(1) (Reply)

Obanikoro And Amaechi Embarrass Themselves In Twitter Fight / Bola Ige’s Muder Case To Be Reopened Under Buhari Administration - Son / Beautiful Picture Of Completed Kano Underpass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.