Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,038 members, 7,828,643 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability (4433 Views)

Eziachi: My Open Letter To Nigerian Biafra Fantasist / Eziachi Writes: Buhari V Ait & Press Freedom / Eziachi: Dearest Jonathan & My Fellow Igbo Brothers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by fitzmayowa: 6:23am On Apr 09, 2015
May God bless you eziachi, well said...
Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by Controlled(f): 6:34am On Apr 09, 2015
raumdeuter:
Op well said

Even if you prefer one candidate can't you just keep it to yourself?

So even if Agbaje wins with Yoruba votes ibos would be blamed for it and assuming any reprisals come with it they would suffer for the decisions of all tribes who voted Agbaje.

If Ambode wins then you would also be shown that you're irrelevant.

Politics is a game and having business sense is different from political sense

Ibo simply don't have political brain... grin
Mistake mistake mistake since Zik insisted on staying in 9jeria... grin
Always they lose out like a curse... grin
dis is my conclusion... grin
Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by Abagworo(m): 6:38am On Apr 09, 2015
Eziachi is a realist. The way Igbos were vocal in the lies against Buhari got me baffled as I never saw Northerners or anyone engage in such level of disgusting conduct. Just like the case of Buhari, Ambode is winning on Saturday because the strategy of sharp division can never favour Igbos demographically.

I also want to make it clear that Igbos from Imo State are not part of it. We believe in mutual respect. Other Nigerians can verify by enquiring the home State of most TANists.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by Controlled(f): 6:45am On Apr 09, 2015
Sloan:
Eziachi, I will only address again the point that seems not to get into the thick head of the guests, who think they are co-owners of the house their host received them into. Of course, that Ibos fought and lost a war, which was a criminal, ill-thought and un-winable war to start with, does not mean they get rewarded for every stunt they pull-out afterwards. Does an erring child who gets spanked really badly now hold his parents / brothers to ransom and must now get away with everything afterwards, and in essence play by a different set of rules?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

This is what Ibos do not or cannot understand. The war was won and the losers cannot use that as leverage to cry harder each time they are WRONG! Quote me.

Now to the MAIN ISSUE: Ibos live in Nigeria, they are Nigerians, Nigeria and every country have citizenship rules that are just too basic that it does not merit even discussing for 5 seconds because everyone agrees to it:

A citizen of a country can live in any part of that country. Everyone who is not a baby or dead or inanimate object knows this fact.

However, that you live in a part of the country or better still migrated to or your fathers migrated to a land within that country, which existed before you were born or your fathers were born and owned by natives of that land in that same country does not and cannot make them relinquish ownership of that land.

It does not make it a NO MAN'S LAND! This is akin to an insult of the highest order, an insult to their ancestors and heritage!

So Ezaichi, Yorubas know and live the constitution far better than Ibos at the very least and go out of their way to accommodate and make you comfortable in their land. In the north, you abused that privilege a long time ago and the northerners killed you in thousands and millions and Ahmadu Bello went on video record to tell you exactly about you.

It appears that is the only language you understand and in life people get what they deserve or what they understand, the same way an errant child will only understand hard discipline by way of spankings / corporal punishment.

Ibos do not have to claim Yorubaland, not the least Lagos, just because they lost the civil war. I repeat that for a 1000th time:

Live in Yorubaland BUT you will NEVER own or co-own a farthing of it, the heritage of the Yorubas.

Whether Nigeria breaks up or not, whether you met Lagos or any land as a big empty space with only 1 human being, you are a Nigerian citizen resident on the land and not an OWNER of the land or Lagos or Yorubaland or any other part of North, SS, MB, SW, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y1Zpk4DrlA

20 orijins for ma head... grin
100 gbosas..... grin
Sumtin dat is simply understood by every1...always ibos
D issue is this, why always ibos
Dis is a genetic or social problem....
Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by Controlled(f): 6:50am On Apr 09, 2015
Abagworo:
Eziachi is a realist. The way Igbos were vocal in the lies against Buhari got me baffled as I never saw Northerners or anyone engage in such level of disgusting conduct. Just like the case of Buhari, Ambode is winning on Saturday because the strategy of sharp division can never favour Igbos demographically.

I also want to make it clear that Igbos from Imo State are not part of it. We believe in mutual respect. Other Nigerians can verify by enquiring the home State of most TANists.

very true..I remember that recent past... grin
using clear lies against buhari..... grin
n I will be thinking, wat did Buhari do to dem
is der sumtin I don't know
but seriously...I am now thinking it must be genetic....
maybe dey can't help it
Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by Scatterboss(m): 8:52am On Apr 09, 2015
I still dont know why Igbos are making this Lagos election Yoruba Vs Igbos. The APGA message of no man's land/conquered land will cause alot of damage.

1 Like

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 09, 2015
Eziachi:
When Fashola government deported Igbos and some others for whatever reason given. I personally kicked against it because never in my over 40 years of living in Britain have I heard any English county deporting a British national because he is Scottish, Welch or northern Irish.
I cannot either remembering any American deported from New York because he is an unemployed miscreat or a criminal from Alabama.
I was egging Jonathan on to come out in force to defend her citizens but he had 2015 in mind by playing the ostrich through the saga just like OBJ with the Sharia.

I reasoned that if they brought Ndigbo back into Nigeria after millions of blood was shed through the civil war, that every Onye-igbo should be able to live wherever they choose without being labelled a non indigenous person in their supposed country and that goes for any other person in Nigeria irrespective of their tribal lineage.

There is no doubt, that with a huge Igbo population in Lagos, that they as a group is an asset to any party or candidate in Lagos if well harnessed. I reasoned that Ndigbo in Lagos could be a bride being chased by two suitors if they manage themselves well.

When some were making noise endorsing Jonathan with chest beating, I warned against that because I believed that, they could have courted both sides and whoever win, they will still be in the driving seat.
But when you lay all you eggs into one basket, you are playing a risky and a dangerous game.
Who does not know that other southern groups voted for PDP in presidential poll , but no one is talking about them because they played it cool and silently?

Who does not know that most Yoruba traditional rulers are non party carrying members of either PDP or APC? The likes of Sijuade is PDP, Awujale leans towards APC and overall, Oba Akiolu is APC without having to disguise it.
So when Ndigbo voted Jonathan, the likes Akiolu must have been silently peeved but when some Igbo individuals started the noise again with Agbaje, when the likes of Akiolu is rooting for Ambode, I knew that it's bound to get ugly and that has resulted in his childish ranting recently.

So it seems that Ndigbo don't seem to learn how to play Nigeria politics again. Why start a fight that is not necessarily important, not yours and a fight you are unlikely to win?.
By openly pitching tent with Agbaje, you don't expect the other side to be happy, knowing the nature of Nigeria personal interest politics.
What does Agbaje represent for Ndigbo in the past that we have decided, not only fight his fight but engaged their traditional institution in an open war of words? I don't get it!
Agbaje and Ambode's fight is like that fight between a husband and wife and whoever tried to meddle will get hurt and blamed after the couple's make up sex.

Ndigbo could have easily played both sides effectively and still come out tops. Does Agbaje likes Igbo more than Ambode? No!
Is his victory assured? Not in the least.
If he loses ( with a 50% chance) after openly campaigning against his opponent, then what?

Any party or candidate in Lagos who felt that Igbos are not an electoral asset in Lagos is only kidding himself. But if you are an asset, why turn it into a liability through your own actions or inaction?
In New York or Florida politics, the Jews plays this role to their benefit without openly supporting anyone in both local and national politics. Ndigbo can do the same in Lagos, Nasarawa, Rivers or Kogi.
Just like a beautiful well endowed woman, if she cannot manage effectively, her God's given assets, it may turns out to become her achilles that will turn into a liability.
Agbaje, Bode George who is still not yet in exile or Andy Ubah careless about Ndigbo more than the bias Oba Akiolu , but they will try to create enmity between ordinary Igbos and Yorubas for political expediency. Only a fool will dance to their tune.

You have made a lot of sense but instead of our people to try and at least extract the wisdom from what you have said they will curse you and call you all sorts of names, they may even start calling you a Yoruba man.

Our people must learn that there is time from everything in this world. There is a time to be silent and a time to speak, there is a time to be confrontational and fight and there is a time to let go. There is a time to bend low to conquer and a time to stand tall.

God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 09, 2015
Abagworo:

You are correct my brother. I just don't understand what is wrong with our people and how we understand politics especially in Nigeria. Watch them curse you and call you unprintable names for being realistic and telling us the truth. embarassed embarassed
Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by Sloan: 10:15am On Apr 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

You are correct my brother. I just don't understand what is wrong with our people and how we understand politics especially in Nigeria. Watch them curse you and call you unprintable names for being realistic and telling us the truth. embarassed embarassed

What came over you again? You seem to be flip flopping all the time. You pretend to be reasonable but under GEJ, you made statements you are criticizing now. Abagworo, honestly has more credibility than you. I wonder why there are not more Ibos like him!
Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 09, 2015
Sloan:

What came over you again? You seem to be flip flopping all the time. You pretend to be reasonable but under GEJ, you made statements you are criticizing now. Abagworo, honestly has more credibility than you. I wonder why there are not more Ibos like him!

grin grin grin grin Well, you have seen me now. I threw caution to the wind and did all I could to bring back Jonathan but the will of God prevailed. cool

2 Likes

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by MzJackBaueress(f): 10:41am On Apr 09, 2015
Abagworo:

Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by Demdem(m): 2:51pm On Apr 10, 2015
Op spoke exceedingly well.
Re: Eziachi: Ndigbo & Lagos- Asset Vs Liability by obailala(m): 4:00pm On Apr 10, 2015
Eziachi:
[size=14pt]"Agbaje and Ambode's fight is like that fight between a husband and wife and whoever tried to meddle will get hurt and blamed after the couple's make up sex."[/size]

This statement is absolutely true. There are certain situations where a wise person simply needs to keep quiet, watch and then do whatever he/she has in mind without having to be loud or provocative about it. The way in which we Igbos openly scream and associate with Jimi and also brag about our large population and political influence in Lagos has just fuelled a needless tribal war between the Igbos and Yorubas. If you turn the tables around, I'm sure the Igbos would equally feel bad if placed under similar circumstances. Right now even some Yorubas who originally preferred Jimi are now having a rethink because the Lagos election has been reduced to a needless and senseless battle of tribal supremacy of which it absolutely ought not to be.

Furthermore, I think it is also senseless and provocative for anyone to argue about the ownership of Lagos. Lagos by all standards may be termed a No Man's Land but that is not to say the land doesn't originally belong to the Yorubas. For several decades, everyone has lived peacefully in Lagos without bad blood; everyone is welcome to come and go at any time and everyone is even welcome to settle. However, it becomes rather provocative to the original owners on the land if anyone for any reason begins to brag and claim ownership of Lagos because they have a large population and have attained economic prosperity. Such a needless and provocative claim only leads to one outcome, 'bad blood/enmity' for whoever makes the claim (history all over the world proves this). It becomes even worse when the person or tribe making the claim truly have an intimidating population and successful profile.

In line with the quoted statement above, being quiet and inconspicuous in certain situations remains the purest form of wisdom.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bus Full Of OOU Students Crushed By Loaded Container; All Died (pics) / WAR BEGINS!: Ambode Removes Fashola’s Name From List Of Lagos Past Governors / How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.