Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,582 members, 7,812,903 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Bus Full Of OOU Students Crushed By Loaded Container; All Died (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bus Full Of OOU Students Crushed By Loaded Container; All Died (pics) (4424 Views)

Missiles Loaded On Nigerian Fighter Jets For Boko Haram (Photos) / Boko Haram Finally Crushed — Buhari / 5 Countries Crushed By Oil Price Collapse - CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bus Full Of OOU Students Crushed By Loaded Container; All Died (pics) by ceo247frolic(m): 11:41pm On Jun 26, 2015
A container fell and crushed a fully loaded commuter bus, killing all passengers of the bus Friday afternoon in Ogun State , western Nigeria .

The occupants of the bus were mainly students of Olabisi Onabanjo Umiversity , OOU , Ago Iwoye , who were said to be on their way to Lagos.

An eyewitness, Commander Tommy Hamzat , the Commander of the TRACE , Ijebu Command, told reporters that the truck driver drove against traffic and the bus driver collided with the truck and killed all occupants including the bus driver .

“ I was coming from Sagamu side and saw the accident. I had to hurriedly park my car , run to the scene to see if the passengers could be rescued but unfortunately all the occupants were dead including the driver .

“ The bus was facing Lagos , but I dont know where it was coming from. The driver of the truck carrying an empty container was coming from Sagamu axis but was driving against traffic and that resulted in the collision, which eventually claimed the lives of the innocent people , ” he explained.

The remains of the deceased have been taken to the mortuary at the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching
Hospital , OOUTH , Sagamu .

http://www.edificationinfo.com/2015/06/photos-bus-full-of-olabisi-onabanjo.html

Re: Bus Full Of OOU Students Crushed By Loaded Container; All Died (pics) by jlinkd78(m): 11:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
OMG! May dia souls rest in d bosom of d Lord. Real reason why we all must be prepared at each point in our lives to meet our creator. Once again may dia gentle souls r.i.p

1 Like

Re: Bus Full Of OOU Students Crushed By Loaded Container; All Died (pics) by vivypretty(f): 11:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
May their soul rest in peace .God give their people the heart to bear
Re: Bus Full Of OOU Students Crushed By Loaded Container; All Died (pics) by ORACLE1975(m): 11:46pm On Jun 26, 2015
REST IN PEACE.
Re: Bus Full Of OOU Students Crushed By Loaded Container; All Died (pics) by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
So many avoidable deaths. RIP Victims
Re: Bus Full Of OOU Students Crushed By Loaded Container; All Died (pics) by tucky200(m): 11:50pm On Jun 26, 2015
RIP

I smell lies tho lipsrsealed
Re: Bus Full Of OOU Students Crushed By Loaded Container; All Died (pics) by cbrass(m): 11:51pm On Jun 26, 2015
cry cry cry

Re: Bus Full Of OOU Students Crushed By Loaded Container; All Died (pics) by lawrsmith(m): 12:01am On Jun 27, 2015
ceo247frolic:
A container fell and crushed a fully loaded commuter bus, killing all passengers of the bus Friday afternoon in Ogun State , western Nigeria .

The occupants of the bus were mainly students of Olabisi Onabanjo Umiversity , OOU , Ago Iwoye , who were said to be on their way to Lagos.

An eyewitness, Commander Tommy Hamzat , the Commander of the TRACE , Ijebu Command, told reporters that the truck driver drove against traffic and the bus driver collided with the truck and killed all occupants including the bus driver .

“ I was coming from Sagamu side and saw the accident. I had to hurriedly park my car , run to the scene to see if the passengers could be rescued but unfortunately all the occupants were dead including the driver .

“ The bus was facing Lagos , but I dont know where it was coming from. The driver of the truck carrying an empty container was coming from Sagamu axis but was driving against traffic and that resulted in the collision, which eventually claimed the lives of the innocent people , ” he explained.

The remains of the deceased have been taken to the mortuary at the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching

RIP for the Dead.since Buhari took over only bad news that keep on coming.
Re: Bus Full Of OOU Students Crushed By Loaded Container; All Died (pics) by Tolexander: 4:52am On Jun 27, 2015
ceo247frolic:
A container fell and crushed a fully loaded commuter bus, killing all passengers of the bus Friday afternoon in Ogun State , western Nigeria.

An eyewitness, Commander Tommy Hamzat , the Commander of the TRACE , Ijebu Command, told reporters that the truck driver drove against traffic and the bus driver collided with the truck and killed all occupants including the bus driver.

Which one should we believe now?

A container fell or a truck hit?

Yo

1 Like

Re: Bus Full Of OOU Students Crushed By Loaded Container; All Died (pics) by larrymoore(m): 5:12am On Jun 27, 2015
Could that be real? Then, it is pathetic.
Re: Bus Full Of OOU Students Crushed By Loaded Container; All Died (pics) by Nobody: 5:50am On Jun 27, 2015
Our lack of respect for laid down regulations and impunity is killing us as a people. It is high time we begin to live like humans instead of animals.

"At his best, man is the noblest of all animals, seperated from Law and Justice; he is the worst"

One man's refusal to obey traffic rules has led to the death of many. Someone remind me of the movie with multiple crashes.
Re: Bus Full Of OOU Students Crushed By Loaded Container; All Died (pics) by Mskrisx(f): 6:59am On Jun 27, 2015
Mtcheeew.....kai cry
Re: Bus Full Of OOU Students Crushed By Loaded Container; All Died (pics) by natas22: 7:06am On Jun 27, 2015
Those people would have used a big block to break the head of the driver of the trailer that caused this accident am disappointed with them and they were busy taking pics instead beating the hell out the driver and conductor of the trailer.

May the souls of the dead rest in peace, the girl on the back of the truck is someone's sister, daughter and a wife to be. I use this opportunity to say thank you JESUS for all he has done in my life and family. Non have ever experienced or in accident is not that we are better than those that just died in sagamu road, we are not just want to say Thank you.
Re: Bus Full Of OOU Students Crushed By Loaded Container; All Died (pics) by jogsman01(m): 7:14am On Jun 27, 2015
g
Re: Bus Full Of OOU Students Crushed By Loaded Container; All Died (pics) by Ambi25: 7:53am On Jun 27, 2015
Chai! May this never happen to any Nairalander! In Jesus name! RIP

1 Like

Re: Bus Full Of OOU Students Crushed By Loaded Container; All Died (pics) by horiyommyalamu: 8:39am On Jun 27, 2015
RIP.
Re: Bus Full Of OOU Students Crushed By Loaded Container; All Died (pics) by akoaki(m): 9:35am On Jun 27, 2015
This kind of unfortunate incidents are rare in organized societies where governments know their onions and are constantly working to protect the people they govern. Most of these accidents happen because the political class have been left to misbehave and misgovern as much as they like. Nigerians must rise above expressing sympathy and condolences and challenge their governments, in an aggressive and continous manner, to do what they were elected or appointed to do.
Re: Bus Full Of OOU Students Crushed By Loaded Container; All Died (pics) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:30am On Jun 27, 2015
barcanista:
So many avoidable deaths. RIP Victims
why are u so stupid, my friend?
Re: Bus Full Of OOU Students Crushed By Loaded Container; All Died (pics) by victorking: 11:01am On Jun 27, 2015
This heavy duty vehicles are really causing a lot of harm to harmless citizens. Its time we have a separate route and roads for tankers, lorries and trailers.

RIP to the dead. So unfortunate.
God help us

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Was Surprised To See "Buharification" In My New Oxford Dictionary Today(Photo) / Percentage Salary: See The Amount Bello Paid A GL9 Teacher In Kogi State / :( Mehn See As Bandits Dey Chill For Zamfara State High Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.