Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees (43567 Views)

DSTV Subscription Fee To Increase From 1st May, Nigerians React / You Can Now Suspend Your Dstv Subscription When You Wish / MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
ise82:
We Nigerians can't corporate; that's why we can't have one voice. I have decided not to renew until the price is reverted. I won't die if I don't watch DSTV. We nid a revolution in this country.
you're right you know . those shouting fire and brim stone are either football addict or lover of other programs on higher bouquet. non be by force to use dstv and as a matter of fact, I hate them with passion.
Haven't you wonder why we pay to watch local stations like NTA, channels e.t.c while cctv, mindset tv are free. isn't absurd for is to watch foreign stations free and pay for local stations? would dstv try this in South Africa where SABC is absolutely free. Only God knows what will happen after analogue migration to digital come June 21st 2015. By then we will be paying to watch all the local stations in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by kude(m): 3:21pm On Apr 09, 2015
My Premium subscription xpired this morng and when I called d Multichoice customer care to say I dint get any mail or notification of anykind from dem bout it nd to ask if I was to pay d N11,650 as d Court had halted dir planned hike.. the lady I spoke to said they had no knowledge bout dat nd dat it was N13,980 I was to pay. I think say she dey joke, she no smile o.. She said it was N13,980 or it wnt come up.. No regard for the law. I know in d end dey ll win or quash d suit buh it still shows that they do as dey like nd feel untouchable..
Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 09, 2015
Skoopy:

150 for titus? For my end na 200.
it's not cheating my dear. there are many alternatives out there that are even sweeter than Titus. My area it's sold for N120 per tin but I hardly buy it in order not to be addicted. for example we have anne sardine being sold for N100 and it has similar taste. Same goes for milk, we have Loya milk, coast milk etc. that are sweeter than peak milk yet most Nigeria go for peak. this is the major reason while these brands keep on increasing their price because they know that Nigerians would still buy them inspite of the price. imagine peak milk refill being sold for N800 . this is going against the law of demand which state "all things being equal, the higher the price the lower the quantity demanded and vice versa.
Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 09, 2015
onizsure:
Good, am so happy to know this is happening. I adamantly refused to subscribe for this month. Haba! Why this extortion and oppression, why does every country wants to be cheating us in every way. I would rather go for startimes than subscribe with this increment. Thanks to those Lawyers.
That is it. The only way to send signals to them is to port. At least if 60% decides to leave them for other pay tv, they will sit up. well-done my brother for taking the bull by the horn. I know some dstv addict will castigate me for opening up especially the moderator that is fun of baning people when he pleases
Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by besly: 4:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
hmmm. I just paid 1,800 for GoTV some days back. sad
Make dem b careful o.

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by slavia(m): 4:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
mikron:
i dont think so, 3 dstv call representatives have been calling us begging us to come pay the old rate. now i understand why they told us we can still pay the old rate for now, maybe cos of the court injunction they received

But i paid the normal rate for Compact plus (N7,850) and still i was not connected so i called customer service and they insisted that i must pay the balance (N1,600) before i am reconnected. What happened to the court injunction? isnt this contempt?....isnt it illegal?

1 Like

Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by obongtunji: 5:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
Please let them do something fast
Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by mikron(m): 7:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
slavia:

But i paid the normal rate for Compact plus (N7,850) and still i was not connected so i called customer service and they insisted that i must pay the balance (N1,600) before i am reconnected. What happened to the court injunction? isnt this contempt?....isnt it illegal?
This is serious, I don't know if those call reps are just pulling our legs, but they sounded serious telling me to pay d former rate that they are missing my patronage, Whatever that means.
Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by geedeex2(m): 2:09pm On Apr 10, 2015
fistonati:
Hitv dt Tinubu & his family killed evn b4 dey establish
one day when Some people go toilet and sh.it No come out, they will say Tinubu Don shi.t all the shi.t finish
Re: DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees by Amaizu(m): 5:36pm On Apr 10, 2015
Our courts can only bark. My wife just paid N1,800 at DSTV
office at Ziks Avenue Enugu for our GoTv subscription.The told her flatly that they had no business with the court.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Cautions BBNaija Over Eloswag’s Subtle Campaign For Peter Obi / Iris Season 3 / Prophet Ebelenna Chukwu: Stop BBNaija Now Or I Will Shut It Down Spiritually

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.