Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer (21348 Views)

Photos Of A Nigerian Lawyer Who Is Also A Nun Sister / 7 Pros And Cons Of Becoming A Lawyer / Akwa Ibom Man Who Sells Doughnut Helped By A Nigerian Lawyer, Effiong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by Amya(f): 4:47pm On Mar 23, 2016
The attention you crave for the most is actually the very thing I loathe the most about being a lawyer. I cherish being an inconspicuous being.
Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by dplomaticVal: 4:49pm On Mar 23, 2016
Angelberry:
Bar M after years of practice is still struggling to feed.

majority of lawyers have provision for basic needs. methinks that's what the gent was trying to state.
proudly a law student
Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by sukkot: 4:50pm On Mar 23, 2016
daretodiffer:
You can bail yourself or ask someone to do it for you

You have no case, so stop crying joor tongue
grin grin
Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by bitingcool: 4:50pm On Mar 23, 2016
[quote author=Amodsun

4. I Love The Fact That We Can Be Trusted

It takes a lot of faith and trust for people to share intimate things with you. We are talking about secrets and confidential information here. People literally lay their lives bare before their lawyers. Folks trust us with their lives. It’s humbling. I know it also comes with a great responsibility of not betraying that trust.

[/quote]

You can't be trusted bro. Wetin doctors go say? Or Pastor's wey their ear don full.
Folks trust you with their lives so you can defend them with your lies.

1 Like

Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by pedrilo: 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
When I bought my first land, I told my guy who is a lawyer abt it and he was really happy for me and went further to suggest dat I prepare a contract of sale n deed for the land. After preparation, my guy refused to send me d documents oh. He said I must pay him 10k. I just pity him dat day. Na hungry go kill most of una o

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by Verbalist(m): 4:59pm On Mar 23, 2016
LOOL.

OP comes across as a law student.

Don't worry, you will soon grad and find out what an overrated profession you just got yourself into

1 Like

Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 23, 2016
Most of the barristers i know are not as rich as i want they are not people that turn heads maybe the op is in a jungle thats why lawyers turn heads there, infact in my place you wont know someone is a lawyer untill they bright that thier handbag full of white A4 sheets with plaintiff and defendant on it before you know and they are always talking and lies never cease from thier mouth, they always argue announcing to everyone around they are lawyers lol i hate that profession i prefer bieng a doctor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by staymore: 5:03pm On Mar 23, 2016
You guys actually enjoy some level of respect. I have a lawyer friend I gave small "chopping" by linking him with my business contact. When the money came, he ate it alone and gave me stories.

I was so disappointed.
Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 23, 2016
herbie27:
in as much as lawyers are good at keeping secrets, mostly when they have to defend a client, that doesn't mean ppl thrust them.

We don't care tongue

1 Like

Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by iamkingzlee(m): 5:09pm On Mar 23, 2016
Dharniel:
true brother. to make it interesting, after I watched The Firm and Suits (both season films), all I aspire to be is an attorney...
Yes!!!! if you love firm and suits trust me, you"ll love "scandal". I envy lawyers mehn.. to even worsen the case, Naijaboiy is soon to be one. abasi mbok!! cry me a river... grin
Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by ClassCaptain(m): 5:09pm On Mar 23, 2016
sexymoma:
You don't like the fact that you can lie for africa
that's why most of you end up been care taker of some ancient building
tongue

lol ..why the beef naa
Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by iamkingzlee(m): 5:11pm On Mar 23, 2016
Jonathan2787:
Most of the barristers i know are not as rich as i want they are not people that turn heads maybe the op is in a jungle thats why lawyers turn heads there, infact in my place you wont know someone is a lawyer untill they bright that thier handbag full of white A4 sheets with plaintiff and defendant on it before you know and they are always talking and lies never cease from thier mouth, they always argue announcing to everyone around they are lawyers lol i hate that profession i prefer bieng a doctor.
lmao "they go announcing to everyone the are lawyers" Is it that bad?? cheesy bet, come o! you prefer being a conductor kwa? shocked
Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by sexymoma(f): 5:13pm On Mar 23, 2016
ClassCaptain:

lol ..why the beef naa
beefing ke grin eku law oo
Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by francotorti(m): 5:15pm On Mar 23, 2016
Vacancy! Vacancy!! Vacancy!!!
A foreign company located at Victoria Island is in need of an Experienced Lawyer with minimum of 5years experience.
Any Experience with a foreign company is an advantage.
Ability to speak simple English in its simplest form to foreigners and interpret same where applicable.
Good knowledge of Nigeria Tax laws and Nigeria Laws guiding Immigration Authority.
Good Knowledge of Nigeria Free zone Authorities on tax related issues.
Salary very attractive and work days are Mon-Friday on every week except public holidays.
Applicant must be base in Lagos State.
Offer opens for both male and female.
SEND YOUR RESUME TO: baressiuk25@yahoo.com
OR CALL: 08023782460 (Francis)
Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by ClassCaptain(m): 5:17pm On Mar 23, 2016
sexymoma:
beefing ke grin eku law oo

lol. Reminds me of my hostel caretaker lawyer. With him baggy baggy clothes. take dey use con disturb us .

You must be from the sciences as i dey look u so
Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 23, 2016
daretodiffer:

We don't care tongue
who cares!.
Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by cecegorz(m): 5:22pm On Mar 23, 2016
When I remember that most law firms now pay fresh graduate Lawyers as low as 20k/month, all these your imagined self-importance just fades into oblivion grin grin

I actually pity young lawyers for their sufferings. sad

1 Like

Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 23, 2016
iamkingzlee:
lmao "they go announcing to everyone the are lawyers" Is it that bad?? cheesy bet, come o! you prefer being a conductor kwa? shocked
i prefer bieng a computer geek, programmer, web designer, or a surgeon. lawyer and police are the last professions I'll or can consider if there's no other professional job, but i can join customs or airforce

1 Like

Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by WaZoBiaLander: 5:24pm On Mar 23, 2016
NO OFFENSE BUT ONE THING I DETEST ABOUT LAWYERS IS HOW SOME OF THEM HARDEN THEIR HEARTS, BURY THEIR CONSCIENCES TO DEFEND PEOPLE THEY ACTUALLY KNOW (deep down in their hearts) ARE TRULY GUILTY OF THE MURDEROUS CRIMES THEY ARE ACCUSED OF...ALL BECAUSE OF MONEY OR THE PURPOSE OF PRACTISING THEIR PROFESSION. ANYWAY, I'M NOT MUCH KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT THE PROFESSION BUT THE ONES I KINDA ADMIRE ARE LAWYERS IN or TO BIG (OIL) COMPANIES, BIG REAL ESTATE COMPANIES AND BIG CELEBRITIES/SUPERSTARS. THE ONES I PITY ARE THE ONES THEY REFER TO AS CHARGE-AND-BAIL LAWYERS.

TRUTH BE TOLD: I RESPECT JUDGES/JUSTICES.

1 Like

Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by Kyllahmc(m): 5:31pm On Mar 23, 2016
I am not sure about the police but all lawyers are going to hell.
Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by Teespice(f): 5:32pm On Mar 23, 2016
I love being a lawyer.

on the flip side, I pray I don't encounter police and their wahala though I know it is inevitable.
Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 23, 2016
Thank God, naughtynaughty is a lawyer to be. I yaf a frnd lawyer. Ore mi, coman see this o cheesy
Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by gentlezypher: 5:44pm On Mar 23, 2016
Elegant Accountant!!!
Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by jeffizy(m): 5:44pm On Mar 23, 2016
My dad always told me that a lawyer is a liar.
I grew up to know he was right.
Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 23, 2016
Verbalist:
LOOL.

OP comes across as a law student.

Don't worry, you will soon grad and find out what an overrated profession you just got yourself into
bad belle

1 Like

Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 23, 2016
staymore:
You guys actually enjoy some level of respect. I have a lawyer friend I gave small "chopping" by linking him with my business contact. When the money came, he ate it alone and gave me stories.

I was so disappointed.
lmaoooo, sharp bobo. Nah d way nah
Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
cecegorz:
When I remember that most law firms now pay fresh graduate Lawyers as low as 20k/month, all these your imagined self-importance just fades into oblivion grin grin

I actually pity young lawyers for their sufferings. sad
pele oo, bad belle wu ask u

1 Like

Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by Godsbaby1(f): 5:49pm On Mar 23, 2016
Aviero:
Some Lawyers disgust me in a way. No offence!

They see themselves as very intelligent whereas they know nothing. Bunch of black and white wearing liars!
ooops it reminds me some time ago i accompaned a friend to court, he was arrested for suretying a business partner, who borrowed for his business, so we have to get a lawyer, u need to see how the woman judge was correcting those men like nursery school pupils, i was like are these liers sorry lawyers.
Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 23, 2016
Kyllahmc:
I am not sure about the police but all lawyers are going to hell.
jesu! Abeg ooooo. Hell keh? Well shaa.. Wat do u knw? Mr 'lay man' lol
Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by Verbalist(m): 5:50pm On Mar 23, 2016
naughtynaughty:
bad belle

LOOL

Whatever peels your grapes. Have lots of lawyer friends to know what's up.

Many of em are now into estate management.

The profession is now overrated seriously
Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by abnsugbe: 5:54pm On Mar 23, 2016
This is the best tin i ve ever read on Niaraland.....did i say best thing..No oooo..News about Buhari islamastion,Bokoharam winning and Nnamdi Kanu are together the best tin i ve ever read.....

the zombies will attack me now but know it that:Nnamdi Kanu is a Propeht,all he had said is coming to Pass...
In other words,Isis has Termed Nigeria as an Enemy,so
Re: 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 23, 2016
HateU2:
Thank God, naughtynaughty is a lawyer to be. I yaf a frnd lawyer. Ore mi, coman see this o cheesy
TBH, aside d fine uniform dt alws mke me smart nd stand out among people, and ehm..d respect of pple call me barrister here nd der, ave criosly lost interest in dis course calld law. Sumtymz I wonda y I didn't go for theatre art nd dance my way out of skul grin especially during exams wen I hav to cram cases, sections etc ..chaii law deal wit me oo no b small. I don't c myslf practising ooo..lailai. Wu get tym? Boring lyf? Lailai. Lemme finish first, go for some training nd run in2 showbiz/entrtmnt. OAP toh bad. Tnkgod I hav d kim k kinda shape grin grin grin wu boring life help? grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? / Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. / Is Studying Engineering Now A Scam In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.