Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,066 members, 7,849,315 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:27 PM

Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan (1145 Views)

Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan / Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan / Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 09, 2015
We are wiser anyway. If OJUKWU had gone
to UN to tender his complain against Nigeria,
there wouldn't have been the civil war. This
is why we must lift our voice at any
provocation so we can be heard. I don't know
if there had been an official voice lifted at UN
and other bodies.

A former Minister of Defence and Chairman
of Victim Support Fund, Theophilus
Danjuma, has blamed the leader of the
defunct Biafra, the late Chukwuemeka
Ojukwu, for the civil war, which resulted in
the death of nearly a million Nigerians.
Danjuma said this on Wednesday after
President Goodluck Jonathan paid him a
private visit in his Asokoro, Abuja residence.
He argued that had the late Ojukwu
conceded victory to the federal troops after
the fall of Enugu during the civil war in the
same manner President Jonathan accepted
defeat after the March 28 presidential poll to
Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) of the
All Progressives Congress, the nation would
have been saved “a full year of bloodshed.”
Jonathan visited Danjuma, who is the
Chairman of the Victims Support Fund, in
company with some of his aides.
The two leaders however met behind closed
doors and they did not make the purpose of
the parley public.
Danjuma however told journalists at the end
of the meeting that the President, by
conceding defeat in the March 28
presidential election to Buhari, had set a
record.
He said Africa and the world should emulate
Jonathan.
He observed that if the late Ojukwu had
done the same thing after the fall of Enugu,
he would have saved the nation of
bloodshed.
He said, “The outcome of the election and
the manner in which President Jonathan
conceded victory to Buhari, is totally un-
African, it is very important in the history of
Africa.
“If Ojukwu did the same after the fall of
Enugu, if he had conceded victory to the
federal troops, he would have saved the
nation one full year of bloodshed.
“President Jonathan has set a history, a
record as something to be emulated by the
rest of Africa and indeed the whole world.
It’s an excellent thing he did.”
Jonathan simply thanked Danjuma for his
fatherly support during the election.
It will be recalled that the former minister
had on March 11 visited Jonathan at the
Presidential Villa during which they met
behind closed doors inside Jonathan’s
official residence.
Danjuma had after the first meeting warned
reporters not to speculate the purpose of the
visit.
He said having just returned to the country
from a foreign trip, he needed to see
Jonathan and find out developments in the
country.
“Don’t speculate. I came to visit the
President and find out how things are going.
I have been abroad. I just came back,” he
had said.
When asked whether he was ready to
support Jonathan’s re-election, Danjuma
had said he could not canvass votes for
anybody because he does not belong to any
political party.
“I don’t canvass (for votes). I am not in any
of the political parties. The President is
Nigeria’s President,” he simply said.
Danjuma in January drew the ire of some
ex-Niger Delta militants, including Alhaji
Mujahid Asari Dokubo and Government
Ekpemudo (a.k.a Tompolo), when he called
for their arrests for threatening war if
Jonathan loses the presidential election.
Apart from declaring the former minister
persona non grata in the region where
Jonathan hails from, the ex-militants also
demanded an apology from Danjuma within
seven days or face their wrath.
The repentant militant leaders said in a
statement issued in Port Harcourt, that
Danjuma was among northerners who had
become very comfortable in life because of
the oil money from Niger Delta.

Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by loomer: 8:02am On Apr 09, 2015
I no get time to read this, but the true be say, for there to be a correction, there must have been a mistake.

We don't learn from the future, but from the past, so just as we de hail Jonathan, we should hail ojukwu, cos if Nigeria neva fight civil war, we for no know the importance of peace.

I be Niger delta man o take note.
Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by denko(m): 8:07am On Apr 09, 2015
You cannot avert another civil war because of Hausa mentality of born to rule
Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 09, 2015
this crazy man has the audacity to mention Biafra in his mouth. Boko haram has ravaged your country home have you tendered a complaint to the UN? What did you do?..to blame the president was your classiest move, not evening condemning these fools called BH.

So many treaties were signed before the war which Nigerian govt went against, went about killing innocent Igbos accross the country. The fight was a fight for survival of the Igbo race which the Nigerian govt was bent on wiping off. Raping women and taking underaged gals as "spoils of war".

Punch is a disgrace for giving this fool the audience
Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 09, 2015
denko:
You cannot avert another civil war because of Hausa mentality of born to rule

If there must be another civil war, we don't have to be the ones to fight it. We should stop esteeming the errors of Ojukwu.

We have our voice. If we feel threatened by any group, all we need do is to raise our voice and channel our complain to the necessary body like UN, ECOWAS, AU, etc, which Ojukwu did not do.

If the south easterners form a unified body and channel the joke of the Oba of Lagos to the appropriate body, I can tell you that it will go a long way to resolve some of our issues.

The earlier we realise that Ojukwu made a mistake, (I am not trying to justify Nigerian Military Government) the safer we shall be in other regions of the Nation.

Seun Lalasticala, how is this?
Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by AustineE1: 8:27am On Apr 09, 2015
These days you become an instant hero if you can say something about Igbos.....the wise chinese quote 'it takes you to be more important for others to discuss you'.
Now the oil mafians has resurfaced and the present condition on top is friendly,those who have benefited from this contraption called Nigeria and are only united by Oil has landed in a familiar terrain to continue the scavenging of the commonwealth of the people.
Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 09, 2015
AustineE1:
These days you become an instant hero if you can say something about Igbos.....the wise chinese quote 'it takes you to be more important for others to discuss you'.
Now the oil mafians has resurfaced and the present condition on top is friendly,those who have benefited from this contraption called Nigeria and are only united by Oil has landed in a familiar terrain to continue the scavenging of the commonwealth of the people.

He wasn't saying anything bad. He is just appreciating the act of Jonathan.
Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 09, 2015
kay29000:
Hmm! People should stop making all this kinds of statements o! I don't want Nigeria to go through another civil war o! Is it something in the water? Why are all these tribalistic statements being made at this point?

It is good that all this are poured out now that the nation is hot.

We shall have peace and quiet soon.
Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by vedaxcool(m): 9:02am On Apr 09, 2015
I think we should have move past this civil war thing, it is a tragedy not worth dwelling upon!
Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by tomakint: 9:15am On Apr 09, 2015
Danjuma of all people should know better haba undecided the unwanton killings of Igbos by Northern Troops (Danjuma supported) from May 1966 - September 1966 despite pleas from Ojukwu to Gowon eventually paved way for the Civil War, Danjuma should let Ojukwu rest in peace and stop this unnecessary diarrhea of the mouth
Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 09, 2015
tomakint:
Danjuma of all people should know better haba undecided the unwanton killings of Igbos by Northern Troops (Danjuma supported) from May 1966 - September 1966 despite pleas from Ojukwu to Gowon eventually paved way for the Civil War, Danjuma should let Ojukwu rest in peace and stop this unnecessary diarrhea of the mouth

Waooooo....lost but found!

where have you been? grin grin grin grin

The guys have been looking for you grin

1 Like

Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by tomakint: 9:36am On Apr 09, 2015
ilugunboy:

Waooooo....lost but found!

where have you been? grin grin grin grin

The guys have been looking for you grin
You make me laugh too much cheesy grin which guys dey look for you.......oh! oh! because Buhari won? grin grin Chineke meh, I swear you go hear am.....enjoy your 'change'
Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by stigman(m): 9:41am On Apr 09, 2015
Close that your mouth if u don't have anything to say, must you remind the people of the war, I don't blame u, u dey enjoy our oil money
Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by kay29000(m): 11:09am On Apr 09, 2015
victorels:

It is good that all this are poured out now that the nation is hot.

We shall have peace and quiet soon.

Ok. I hope so.
Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 09, 2015
tomakint:

Ojukwu is resting in peace. He can't care of what is happening now because he is not here. But every body really expected crisis but Jonathan decided to give us peace of a grave yard. Not the best to be done but it cost Him more than it does to Nigeria. He deserved the hero title given to him
Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
Did he blame him when he was still alive.
Re: Civil War: Danjuma Blames Ojukwu For Not Emulating Jonathan by kenny987(f): 6:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
He is not ashamed that his brother did not do in 2011 what Jonathan has just done to douse tension and save lives. Instead of working towards curing his people of their blood-thirst and savagery he is talking about a hero who fought for what he believed in! Betrayal is a bitter pill...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Warri Billionaire, Ayiri Emami's Mum Abducted In Delta / There Is Deep Anti Amaechi Sentiment In The Creek-tonye Princewill Warns / Video: S.A Parliamentarian Challenges The President On His Stance On Xenophobia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.