Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,677 members, 7,851,312 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:55 PM

Was Asked To Quit; Few Weeks To Wedding Day - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Was Asked To Quit; Few Weeks To Wedding Day (836 Views)

I Caught My Best Man With My Wife Two Weeks To Our Wedding. / Couple Say "I Do" On Hosptal Bed After Accident 4 Days To Wedding (Photo) / Lady’s Cheating Habit Exposed Few Days To Wedding By Doctors. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Asked To Quit; Few Weeks To Wedding Day by Ournaija: 11:04am On Jan 27, 2009
I followed my best friend to his parent`s house last weekend. His papa called him to his inner chamber to have a word with him. Few minutes later he came out of the old man`s room with tears. I managed to drive him home and we talked over a cup of coffee.

Ournaija, he called my dad said I should quit my angel because the man of God revealed to them that if I go on with the proposed wedding that there is great disaster that awaits us.he said that they have been praying for the success of our marriage before the revelation came.This he manage to say with tears and the rest was history.

We have been friends since we were little children and I have followed his love life to this point. he has dated many girls and none could meet his taste. he met his fiance while he was in his finals in the university. I know for sure that he truly loves this girl. I don`t even know the kind of advise to offer him at this point of his life. I don`t know if to tell him to proceed with the marriage or drop the idea as men of God sees than we do. I am afraid, I dont know what to offer my dear friend.The girl in question loves my friend with her whole being, this I have confirmed many times. if she hears this, it could take her breath. They will be getting married few weeks down the line as proposed.

Pease NAIRALADERS advise, should he proceed on the wedding or should he gather enough courage to call it quit and explain things to her why they are not meant to be.what message should I take home to my friend. I can`t just sit and look at my friend getting dried up each day like a vegetable.Matured advise please.
Re: Was Asked To Quit; Few Weeks To Wedding Day by tboy1(m): 11:54am On Jan 27, 2009
So its now the parents decide to pull a stunt like this, God knows my own parent dare not pull dis stunt with me, imagine just weeks before the wedding. Personally i wont listen to anyone and i'll go ahead with the wedding, my parents will eventually accept and all they can do is to be more prayerful
Re: Was Asked To Quit; Few Weeks To Wedding Day by sussu: 12:27pm On Jan 27, 2009
e, ya, can u imagine?
i thnk he shld apply reason 2 opinion b4 making any decision, questions like ds shld not elude him, e.g, who's ds man of God?
Has he been tested and proven as such?
what were d reasons for his proclamation?
then see ur Pastor or seek d face of God Personally on d issue of conviction,
watever anybody says 4 now is their opinion.it/s wat u say dt matters,
handle ds issue with caution coz a decision 2 be made cud make or mar u,
Re: Was Asked To Quit; Few Weeks To Wedding Day by Aladunni(f): 12:34pm On Jan 27, 2009
sussu:

seek d face of God Personally on d issue of conviction,

thatz right!!!
Re: Was Asked To Quit; Few Weeks To Wedding Day by sweetmum(f): 3:03pm On Jan 27, 2009
lol
your friend should try and meet the man of God, ask him what kind of disaster is awaiting them.
if he truely love the girl,he should go ahead with the wedding. knowing the disaster,you can stop it from happening.remember when God told Prophet Isiah to tell King Hezekaih that he will die in 3 days,he prayed and God added more 15 years to him,it shows that even if the man of God saw something tongue,God could still cancel it.
love is powerful than any other thing.if two should agree, ,ask and you shall recieve,knock,
God's grace to your friend.
Re: Was Asked To Quit; Few Weeks To Wedding Day by princeonx: 6:18pm On Feb 10, 2009
Well, don't really know what to tell you cux I think am in similar mess but the other way round! but still I'll drop a line or two.
When my parent went to see the "Man of God" I no know who be man of devil, I told them up front that I have prayed on my own and fasted for 30days 6am to 6pm and ofcox its that same God so nothing will make me change my mind. Same as the girl, she joined me in praying and fasting when she could and ofcox her mother too went for prayers and all that. We both made up our mind that its all well cux all we see and hear during those period was all positive. Both my parent and hers came back few days or maybe a week latter and said that the man of God (two diff men of God) said we should move on that our union was ordained from above. We were both happy to hear that especially me anyway cux I wasn't ready to back out.

To cut stories short, just two weeks after the traditional stuff in Naija, I've already bought a house for us here in US cux she's suppose to be moving first week of March, she developed cold feet, by the third week it elevated to fear! of what? I wish I know.  The only reason she gave was that she (24yrs, I'm 31) need more time and don't think she's really ready to handle a husband, career, and kids! that I should pls allow us to date for maybe a year more.

So, that takes us back to men of God and both yours and mine is only one from cases of "men of God"
if you ask me, I honestly don't know what to believe about men of God anymore!
this was all just last month! she still call me everyday from naija! she still want us to be together, she's coming back in a week but not ready to move into our/my new house with me!
Re: Was Asked To Quit; Few Weeks To Wedding Day by tpia: 8:29pm On Feb 10, 2009
maybe the "man of God" has someone else he wants the guy to marry instead. One of his relatives or church member/family friend's daughter probably.

(1) (Reply)

3 Simple Ideas To Make Ur Val Worthwhile / How To Say " I Love U" In Different Languages / 8 Toxic Personalities To Avoid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.