Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,213 members, 7,849,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:07 AM

Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel (30233 Views)

Fayose Wears Military Attire For Budget Presentation At Ekiti House Of Assembly / Management Of Ekiti Assembly Directs 26 Outgoing Lawmakers To Vacate Offices / Judge Declines Stoppage Of Fayose’s Impeachment Proceeding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Jorussia(m): 5:58pm On Apr 09, 2015
CR77:
for the first time way you talk sence
madam you dey insult me or wet in?Abi you nor know say you suppose show me respect base on who i be.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by tosingcfr(m): 5:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
Sahara reporter again. Majority of Ekiti people are behind Fayose. Let it be known that during Oni,s administration, that was how APC,although with a different name then, never gave him breathing space. Can't APC just let peace reign in the state whenever they are not in power. Nawa o
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Lindseyrd: 5:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
comos:
Report from Ekiti said the people are strongly behind Fayose.
the lawmakers are simply wasting their time cos election is less than 48 hrs when they will become irrelevant.
PDP is going to sweep all the state house of assembly just as in march 28th election

The current assembly is still very much people's representatives until the 6th of June.Also there is an eligibility case that's still pending in the court.And this is a straight forward case.The race is who will impeach or annul him first.He can't escap all the booby traps

4 Likes

Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by mamajohn(f): 5:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
you don't have the monopoly of violence, its time for the assembly men to their pound of flesh from the violent governor

2 Likes

Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by oodubanjo: 6:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
Ekiti elders dont leave Fayose alone with this problem otherwise he is a gonner. Pls come together and resolve the problem
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by adanny01(m): 6:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
comos:
the lawmakers are simply wasting their time cos election is less than 48 hrs when they will become irrelevant.
PDP is going to sweep all the state house of assembly just as in march 28th election

They have until May 29th
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
In as much as i don't support Fayose's impeachment, i am of the opinion that his executive recklessness might set a very bad precedence to other governors like himself...I think for this singular reason Fayose just have to go...

And for those who tinks he can't be impeached, it is very much possible, even all the lawmakers eventually lose their Seats(which am sure they would), they aren't vacating the house till First week of June...

3 Likes

Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by sunkoye: 6:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
chymystique:
I really pity fayose.. He should take his problems to God through prayers he can save him.. fayose ve faith and dnt give up yet! cool
the God i know does not answer the prayers of wicked, hating and angry men
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
adanny01:

They have until May 29th
Its actually June

2 Likes

Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
that means the speaker of the state assembly will become the next governor?
Very possible..If not then the Chief Judge of the State
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Bevista: 6:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
comos:
The House of Assembly members will remain in office till May 29th, even after the elections on Saturday.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by tinuolababy(f): 6:05pm On Apr 09, 2015
Obj go just dey laugh like this huhahauhihahauhahahahuhauhau cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by datbay(m): 6:05pm On Apr 09, 2015
Am so happy with this development,I pray they finish this process before May 29......Fayose,bye
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by maximunimpact(m): 6:06pm On Apr 09, 2015

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Tvegas(m): 6:06pm On Apr 09, 2015
nickvanilla:
The only issue dat could help fasoye's case is that the impeachment prooceedings were conducted outside the house. Fayose knows this and that is why he is hell-bent on denying them acess to the house. This was one of the issues considered in the case of inakoju v. Adeleke

The law does not state that impeachment must happen within the assembly chambers. Ladoja of oyo state was impeached in a hotel lobby. That said, I feel fayose should be pardoned by Buhari and Tinubu after giving him 30 lashes of the cane. grin
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Sheriff19: 6:07pm On Apr 09, 2015
Gbawe:

No way. They should impeach Fayose and kick him out for his unforgivable sins against democratic governance. Those legislator are fighting to right the wrongs the dictatorial Fayose committed when he made it "minority carries the vote" by using 6 PDP legislators to cower 19 legislators from the opposition.

In a sane and functional democracy that is a no-no and an impeachable offence in itself. Compromising, muzzling and undermining the judicial arm cannot be tolerated in any nation looking to build a vibrant and robust democracy with functional and independent arms of government that ensure the sacrosanct check-and-balances all democracy needs to thrive.
As if that was not enough. What does dis good for noting guy mean relating his uses post to The Almighty this man is seiously insane. I don't ve any tin bad aggst him but making demecrazy sound useless by proiritizing 6 pdp member over 14 members he most go and rotten in this high temp. I dey laugh. I don't need to pay dis DSTV increament till may 29 am enjoying foyaose drama in 120'' 3D.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 09, 2015
Mynd44:

The elections on Saturday does not stop the assembly members. Their tenure ends on May 29. Believe me, they have enough time
You did need to educate him on that. Allow him to continue in his foolishness!

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by datbay(m): 6:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
olatunji21:

Very possible..If not then the Chief Judge of the State
nooooooo,the chief judge can never assume the post,only the speaker can....Whereas election must be conducted within 3months to elect a new governor.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by ollyruffy: 6:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
They should conclude this process asap. That thug fayose needs to enter kirikiri by June 2015 with his cohorts.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
datbay:
nooooooo,the chief judge can never assume the post,only the speaker can....Whereas election must be conducted within 3months to elect a new governor.
Ohh my bad, thanks for d correction
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
Billyonaire:
Why would they not fight, after all, there is free oil money to be shared every 4 weeks. If it was a civilized country, the state government would have been brainstorming on how to generate income to run the state, but a situation where free oil money is shared, the politicians have no creative powers but destructive vision at battling each other on who overtakes the seat of the Niger-Delta oil-money chief distributor.
Another tribal bigot.

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by legba1(m): 6:17pm On Apr 09, 2015
When an ordinary man play God...... when a governor-elect lead a pack of tugs and touts to beat up a sitting judge, when a governor throw caution to the wind and acts in despicable manners like IFAYOOSEE acted althrough the campaign period...then he should not cry foul when facing the music..... he even approach a law court to seek injunction to stop the impeachment.....imagine.....
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by datbay(m): 6:18pm On Apr 09, 2015
olatunji21:

Ohh my bad, thanks for d correction
You are welcome.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 09, 2015
Mynd44:

The elections on Saturday does not stop the assembly members. Their tenure ends on May 29. Believe me, they have enough time
Pls, help me tell ham o cool
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by CR77(f): 6:23pm On Apr 09, 2015
Sorry sir i no dey insult u oo
Jorussia:
madam you dey insult me or wet in?Abi you nor know say you suppose show me respect base on who i be.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by famtaiwo(m): 6:23pm On Apr 09, 2015
Some Morons will believe d stupid story. Nobody can remove d pple's Gov.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by famtaiwo(m): 6:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
Some Morons will believe d stupid story. Nobody can remove d pple's Gov. A won oloriburuku
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 09, 2015
Mynd44:

june 6 for lawmakers..not may 29
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by blacksta(m): 6:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
famtaiwo:
Some Morons will believe d stupid story. Nobody can remove d pple's Gov.

They said that about Gej ...some claimed God sent him....some even made posters of him receiving a staff from our Lord Jesus

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by bakynes(m): 6:30pm On Apr 09, 2015
Have been laughing since at all the comments above me. Fayose must be dealt with of all the atrocities he committed. How can you lead an Army of Thugs to slap a sitting Judge in court even lets forget abt the 6 PDP law makers impeaching a speaker in d absence of 19 other lawmakers. I go too laugh the guy when he gets impeached.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by bakynes(m): 6:33pm On Apr 09, 2015
famtaiwo:
Some Morons will believe d stupid story. Nobody can remove d pple's Gov. A won oloriburuku
That is the peoples governor that respects and comport himself not a trouble maker and a thug.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by IamOpemipo(m): 6:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
Mynd44:

U are smart, pls wat do u drink?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

$20bn Oil Money: Editor Who Gave Clues Flees Nigeria After Assasination Attempt / Killer Of General Mohammed Shuwa Arrested / Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.