Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,213 members, 7,839,124 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel (30223 Views)

Fayose Wears Military Attire For Budget Presentation At Ekiti House Of Assembly / Management Of Ekiti Assembly Directs 26 Outgoing Lawmakers To Vacate Offices / Judge Declines Stoppage Of Fayose’s Impeachment Proceeding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by nonjebose(m): 6:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
I wonder why he is trying to play the role of God. He loves drama. He can leave politics and join nollywood
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by lonelydora: 6:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
Ghen Ghen. ............ e don be for this man.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by ademusiwa5: 6:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by shadrach77: 6:50pm On Apr 09, 2015
Mynd44:

An impeachment notice can be served from anywhere in the state. They only need the chamber for impeachment votes.

You are silly sir. Without a mace you cannot conduct a meeting let alone impeach. Any meeting held outside the house and without a mace is illegal

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by rebranded(m): 6:53pm On Apr 09, 2015
Fayose that has started moving his things our of the Govt house already. The moment GEJ refused to see him, he knew it was over.

All Fayose is doing now is playing the public and Ekiti people to believing nothing can happen, but he has already accepted his fate!
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by lastpage: 6:53pm On Apr 09, 2015
cyril83:
Nice move, i can't just wait to see him in kirikiri faded uniform.

I wonder the kind of human he is because he doesn't behave normal and i wonder the kind of woman who agreed to have him as husband. choi! Women with their love for money, that woman is really coping.

Wifey told him the truth and he beat her-Up!

That is Fayose for you................ a complete THUG and Murtherphucker!
angry angry angry

Fayose: Appearing on a live radio and television show on Tuesday, Governor Fayose bragged, “I’m like Israel that is in the midst of enemies but will always prevail. Whoever wants to remove me will first have to impeach God.

In October 2006, Fayose and his first term deputy, Mrs. Biodun Olujimi, were impeached on corruption charges If impeached in the ongoing drama, he would become the first man in Nigerian history to be impeached twice from the same elected position

God no be Politician! You need to change the person supplying your DRUGS.... he's cheating you! grin grin

Fayose, you are CURSED! ...for even bringing God's name into this

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by awoononi(m): 6:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
comos:
Report from Ekiti said the people are strongly behind Fayose.
the lawmakers are simply wasting their time cos election is less than 48 hrs when they will become irrelevant.
PDP is going to sweep all the state house of assembly just as in march 28th election
What if Fayose is impeached before the next house is inaugurated on May 29?
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by IYANGBALI: 6:57pm On Apr 09, 2015
Fayose,GOING.....................................GOING.........................................................
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by IAmTobore(m): 6:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
What's his offence that made him deserve an impeachment?
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Mynd44: 6:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
shadrach77:

You are silly sir. Without a mace you cannot conduct a meeting let alone impeach. Any meeting held outside the house and without a mace is illegal
It is an impeachment notice genius

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Sovet: 7:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
2factions bro Na nonsense impeachment e go b it it must be d two
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by otigbagba: 7:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
Betterment:

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/04/09/fayoses-impeachment-ekiti-house-assembly-directs-chief-judge-set-panel
....one wonders d kind of society Nigeria is? He was impeached 2006 on corruption charges...yet Pdp fielded him again for gov again. .and he won. Now his behaviour has never changed..in a sane clime..this cannot happen. What kind of country is this..impunity every where..who will rescue this country from this body of death. ?I don give up for this ghetto
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by juman(m): 7:05pm On Apr 09, 2015
Impeachment brouhaha is campaign tool using by both side for the coming election.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by lastpage: 7:05pm On Apr 09, 2015
otigbagba:
....one wonders d kind of society Nigeria is? He was impeached 2006 on corruption charges...yet Pdp fielded him again for gov again. .[size=18pt]and he won.[/size] Now his behaviour has never changed..in a sane clime..this cannot happen. What kind of country is this..impunity every where..who will rescue this country from this body of death. ?I don give up for this ghetto

No Sir, He RIGGED HIMSELF into Power again!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by missionmex(m): 7:07pm On Apr 09, 2015
In my cristal ball, I see nothing happening to him.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by lastpage: 7:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
Gbawe:

No way. They should impeach Fayose and kick him out for his unforgivable sins against democratic governance. Those legislator are fighting to right the wrongs the dictatorial Fayose committed when he made it "minority carries the vote" by using 6 PDP legislators to cower 19 legislators from the opposition.

In a sane and functional democracy that is a no-no and an impeachable offence in itself. Compromising, muzzling and undermining the judicial arm cannot be tolerated in any nation looking to build a vibrant and robust democracy with functional and independent arms of government that ensure the sacrosanct check-and-balances all democracy needs to thrive.

Dont forget it was this same THUG called Fayose who SLAPPED A STATE "JUDGE" ..... in PUBLIC! shocked shocked shocked

Now, another "Judge" is deciding his fate!

Are we learning here......... or just reading? wink wink

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Akanbee2015: 7:11pm On Apr 09, 2015
One thing I know for sure is, this dude is sooooo going down, whichever way he chooses. Can you imagine him saying that trying to mpeach him, is like trying to impeach God. Just as Doyin Okupe also likened Jonathan to Jesus Christ. Mr Ayo Fayose, you don catch fire. Gbam!
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by otigbagba: 7:13pm On Apr 09, 2015
lastpage:

No Sir, He RIGGED HIMSELF into Power again!

Lastpage!
...your correct...but Ekiti people seems to be on his side..I find that funny
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by udokpuenyi(m): 7:20pm On Apr 09, 2015
otigbagba:
...your correct...but Ekiti people seems to be on his side..I find that funny

I thought these 19 legislators are still contesting their expulsion in a law court. Have the court determine that case?
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 09, 2015
there will be bloody baboons and dogs soaked in lagoon water in Ekiti.. GMB borrowing from your slogans back in da dayz grin grin
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by holatin(m): 7:21pm On Apr 09, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
There's certainly not enough time. And even if the illegal impeachment was successfully carried out by the outgoing house, the incoming house would reverse that impeachment.
you say illegal impeachment.

oh Ghood give this PDP mouthpiece a brain to think

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by ShowYourCertificate: 7:30pm On Apr 09, 2015
Mynd44:

It can't be reversed cheesy
Yes it can. The impeachment was illegal in the first place. Fayose wasn't served and the embattled speaker who was impeached is still challenging his impeachment in the court so I wonder why he's presiding in the first place.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by juman(m): 7:31pm On Apr 09, 2015
APC should not remove him.

They should negotiate after the election.
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Lindseyrd: 7:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
There's certainly not enough time. And even if the illegal impeachment was successfully carried out by the outgoing house, the incoming house would reverse that impeachment.
You might be right,but there is another booby trap;the ineligibility case.That one is straight forward that you can as well adjudicate on that!
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by Mynd44: 7:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Yes it can. The impeachment was illegal in the first place. Fayose wasn't served and the embattled speaker who was impeached is still challenging his impeachment in the court so I wonder why he's presiding in the first place.
Tell that to the judge who will rule that the actions of the 7 lawmakers is null and void in the first place....
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by 2n2k(m): 7:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
The Apc members of the house should let go because

1. They were suspended by the minority and they naively took the case to court instead of fighting it out like that mace man in rivers state. Until court decides, they remain suspended and shouldn't be sitting as members.

2. What mace are they using to sit?

3. Even if they illegally impeach fayose and his deputy outside the chamber, court will overturn it.

4. Let us even assume they are able to lay their hands on the mace and impeach the governor and his deputy, the term of the speaker ends early June. A new speaker likely to be a member of pdp will take over and election for a new governor will take place under a pdp speaker/acting governor. How has Apc benefited?
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by debihlol(f): 7:40pm On Apr 09, 2015
Gbawe:

No way. They should impeach Fayose and kick him out for his unforgivable sins against democratic governance. Those legislator are fighting to right the wrongs the dictatorial Fayose committed when he made it "minority carries the vote" by using 6 PDP legislators to cower 19 legislators from the opposition.

In a sane and functional democracy that is a no-no and an impeachable offence in itself. Compromising, muzzling and undermining the judicial arm cannot be tolerated in any nation looking to build a vibrant and robust democracy with functional and independent arms of government that ensure the sacrosanct check-and-balances all democracy needs to thrive.

u weren't in nigeria wen dey went on exile...neglectn deir duties ....nw cmn bk bcs buhari won
Ryt??
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by debihlol(f): 7:42pm On Apr 09, 2015
Gbawe:

u weren't in nigeria wen dy went on exile bcs he was elected...neglecting deir duties as law makers..now bk to strt causn trouble in Ekiti....Ryt??....mind u dey cnt impeach him....only if God wants it to b so#shalom#
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by ShowYourCertificate: 7:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
holatin:
you say illegal impeachment.

oh Ghood give this PDP mouthpiece a brain to think
Yes, it will be illegal. Let me tell you why:

1. The so called 19 rep members abdicated from legislative duty for a very long time

2. The 19 rep members were subsequently removed from the house for by the remaining house members in accordance with existing laws in the house

3. Thus the impeached speaker, along with the other removed reps cannot perform any legislative duty with effect from when they were impeached

4. The embattled speaker is challenging his impeachment in the court so he should wait for the court judgement. His actions at present is in contempt of the court.

5. Fayose was never served any impeachment notice. The law stipulates that he be served but in the instance where he's elusive, he can be served by publishing the impeachment notice in several newspapers via paid adverts. None of this was done. We only saw an ecopy of the impeachment notice on the social media, we are not even sure if that thing on the social media is from the 19 reps or if it was even doctored.

So you see, there's a lot of illegality in the impeachment proceeding.

I hope I've enlightened your brain now?

1 Like

Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by kinibigdeal(m): 7:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
cyril83:
Nice move, i can't just wait to see him in kirikiri faded uniform.

I wonder the kind of human he is because he doesn't behave normal and i wonder the kind of woman who agreed to have him as husband. choi! Women with their love for money, that woman is really coping.

Kirikiri! What was is offence? How about edo assembly, no one is talking about it because is APC right?
Re: Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel by debihlol(f): 7:51pm On Apr 09, 2015
lastpage:

Dont forget it was this same THUG called Fayose who SLAPPED A STATE "JUDGE" ..... in PUBLIC! shocked shocked shocked

Now, another "Judge" is deciding his fate!

Are we learning here......... or just reading? wink wink

Lastpage!

remember d judge later said it wif his own mouth that he wasn't slappd.....naija pple sha....na go un dy hear....una no dy hear come....Apc don brainwash u wif lies...lol...nt in support of any tho*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo Of People Hailing Okorocha In Ogoni / Gunshot At APC Governorship Primary In Ondo, Security Officer Shot / Obaseki: My Convoy Was Attacked In Oshiomhole’s Ward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.