Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,712 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

How To Maintain A Long Distance Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Maintain A Long Distance Relationship (1190 Views)

Ways To Make Long Distance Relationships Work / How Much Does It Cost To Maintain A Girlfriend / The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Maintain A Long Distance Relationship by iwakacome: 8:07pm On Apr 09, 2015
From personal experience and reading several
journals, the points below would be helpful if
you are in such relationship or about to embark
on one.
You need to communicate very often. You
are not allowed to be too busy not to at least
send one or two messages or make a call
through an entire day. Well, only reason might
be you are at a war front and couldn’t get
network connection. Asides from extreme
situations such as that, communication is key
because that is the only way you can express
your feelings and make up for the physical
absence. Technology has made this so much
more achievable through all kinds of apps and
interface. Constant communication strengthens
the bond and makes it easier to deal with the
absence.
You should be mindful of grudges in this kind of
relationship because the lack of physical
presence can escalate an issue that could have
been easily resolved. Understand your partner
and don’t be too quick to judge their situations.
Be in control of your temper and be ready to
bury your ego in resolving issues.
You need to be open. This kind of
relationships thrive on trust and good
understanding. Both of which are earned over
time. Some issues can be avoided if your
partner is aware of the reasons why particular
things took place. It doesn't matter that you are
not in the same place, if you are going to be
staying out late, let the other person know.
Carry each other along on the happenings in
each other's life just to avoid drama.
You need to have plans and expectations.
You should know where the relationship is
leading to. It makes no sense to be in a
relationship you are unsure about while
shunning other prospects. If you are both
serious about it and want to make it work, then
you should make plans. My husband and I
stayed in different cities before we got married
but we agreed at some point after my law
school, I was going to move to the city where he
was for my youth service to make things a lot
smoother. Having common goals and
expectations such as marriage plans makes the
commitment easier. That way, you’d know there
is a time frame for the separation and you will
both work bearing in mind that once the time
frame elapses, you will be back together.
You need to visit each other often. Come on,
how can you be in a relationship with someone
that stays four hours away and you haven’t
seen yourselves in years? That doesn’t look like
a relationship that is being taken seriously on
both ends. Much as communication helps,
seeing each other at intervals is also very
healthy for the relationship to bloom. You need
to be familiar with your partner’s environment.
Like understand what his/her day is like. You
are likely going to feel less awkward around
eachother if the visits are done regularly.
I understand this could be hard sometimes
especially the logistics involved if the other
person is out of the country but effort still has to
be made towards visiting. To weather this
storm, you can make permanent plans and take
major decisions such as relocating.
Whatever relationship you are into, it takes
hard work, disipline and dedication for it to
thrive. If you both love yourselves, then you
should be dedicated to the growth of what you
share. Stay positive

1 Like

Re: How To Maintain A Long Distance Relationship by alberto2k(m): 8:08pm On Apr 09, 2015
Iwakacome see this long shii, I hiss and Iwakacomot angry
Re: How To Maintain A Long Distance Relationship by holatin(m): 8:23pm On Apr 09, 2015
just end it.

LDR - the road I will never tread again in my life
Re: How To Maintain A Long Distance Relationship by jamex93(m): 8:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
OK na
Re: How To Maintain A Long Distance Relationship by OracleMxNelson(m): 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2015
No... what is this?
Re: How To Maintain A Long Distance Relationship by iwakacome: 10:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
holatin:
just end it.

LDR - the road I will never tread again in my life

Share your experience
Re: How To Maintain A Long Distance Relationship by LewisO: 10:27pm On Apr 09, 2015
Wakacome is this you?
Re: How To Maintain A Long Distance Relationship by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
LewisO:
Wakacome is this you?
NO!!!!!Even am surprised too,this is the first time am seeing a similar moniker with mine,na wa ooo,,,
Re: How To Maintain A Long Distance Relationship by LewisO: 11:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
wakacome:
NO!!!!!Even am surprised too,this is the first time am seeing a similar moniker with mine,na wa ooo,,,
U see now, alot of people are using peoples similar monikers and that leads to controversy of the main moniker they think u are the one when the person start misbehaving, and that will also cause assault for u too.

If this guy dare use this in "Politics Section" is something else he won't like what he will experience there with this moniker, nobody will tell him to deactivate this his account. grin

Keep calm bro. cool

1 Like

Re: How To Maintain A Long Distance Relationship by Doilooklikeicare(m): 11:17pm On Apr 09, 2015
sad
do I actually look like I care?

Re: How To Maintain A Long Distance Relationship by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 09, 2015
People still do long distance? shocked grin well good luck to ya all...that shii.t ain't easy.

The real text of true love is distance. And am not talking about one year or two years.
Re: How To Maintain A Long Distance Relationship by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
LewisO:

U see now, alot of people are using peoples similar monikers and that leads to controversy of the main moniker they think u are the one when the person start misbehaving, and that will also cause assault for u too.

If this guy dare use this in "Politics Section" is something else he won't like what he will experience there with this moniker, nobody will tell him to deactivate this his account. grin

Keep calm bro. cool
yes oooo cool...thanks.
Re: How To Maintain A Long Distance Relationship by iwakacome: 10:05am On Apr 10, 2015
LewisO:

Keep calm bro. cool

Dude chill this is the first time am also seeing you frds moniker, there is no need a threat and last I checked war has never solved any problem...wakacome sorry if using a similar moniker is embarrassing to you, never seen or even heard of your's. Let's just live in peace. Thank you.
Re: How To Maintain A Long Distance Relationship by LewisO: 1:26pm On Apr 10, 2015
iwakacome:

Dude chill this is the first time am also seeing you frds moniker, there is no need a threat and last I checked war has never solved any problem...wakacome sorry if using a similar moniker is embarrassing to you, never seen or even heard of your's. Let's just live in peace. Thank you.
Guy! Try understand me, am not saying because both of share similar monikers now trying to accuse u? No!

Just wanna confirm it, no controversy man.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Love? / Facts About Love / Sidechick Vs.sideguy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.