Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,335 members, 7,957,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:53 PM

Manchester City Should Stop Talking Big - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City Should Stop Talking Big (520 Views)

5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League / Manchester City Should Keep Faith In Pellegrini / Scholes Should Stop His Negative Criticism Of Van Gaal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester City Should Stop Talking Big by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:23am On Apr 10, 2015
[b]Sergio Aguero insisted Manchester City can retain their English Premier League title despite Chelsea appearing as the runaway leaders of the 2014/2015 English Premier League.

Manchester City crashed to a 2-1 defeat to Crystal Palace which left Manchester City fourth on the table. Chelsea are nine points clear with a game in hand.

Aguero have not giving up hope of his side overhauling Chelsea and claiming the English Premier League title. He believes Manchester City can bounce back as they prepare for the Manchester Derby.

"Of course we can still win it," Aguero told Sky Sports News HQ.

"In football, anything can happen - as soon as you think something is certain, then everything changes, we have seen it so many times before and we'll see it again.

"We only focus on ourselves, try to win every game we play and keep pressure on Chelsea."

Manchester City players should focus on improving their play than talking of winning the title. Their recent losses to Burnley and Crystal Palace shows all is not well at the club.

Last season, Manchester City blew away teams with ease but this time, the goals are not coming.

With seven matches remaining and the recent form of Manchester City, I do not know how they can win this title. It is better they concede defeat and accept they are not as good as they were last season.

Manchester City do not need the big talk because the poor campaigns was not the target of the season. It is time to let other clubs talk big while we improve our play and goal scoring.

http://footymail..com/2015/04/manchester-city-should-stop-talking-big.html[/b]
Re: Manchester City Should Stop Talking Big by fredoooooo: 11:29am On Apr 10, 2015
Make him remember say he get 2nd position to contest with against united and Assnal .
Re: Manchester City Should Stop Talking Big by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:32am On Apr 10, 2015
fredoooooo:
Make him remember say he get 2nd position to contest with against united and Assnal .

That is even my fear. With our current form, losing to Burnley and QPR, I can not see us getting the second position.

We are lucky Liverpool and Tottenham are in poor form, if not we would have been battling for Champions league qualification.
Re: Manchester City Should Stop Talking Big by fredoooooo: 11:35am On Apr 10, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

That is even my fear. With our current form, losing to Burnley and QPR, I can not see us getting the second position.

We are lucky Liverpool and Tottenham are in poor form, if not we would have been battling for Champions league qualification.
I think pellegrini is the problem , Jesus Navas should always start from the bench no matter the squad situation.
Re: Manchester City Should Stop Talking Big by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:41am On Apr 10, 2015
fredoooooo:

I think pellegrini is the problem , Jesus Navas should always start from the bench no matter the squad situation.

The problem lies with our transfer market this season.

I believe after Iheanacho's preseason performance where he was Manchester City's best player, the club should have brought him in to boost competition.

Also, the money spent on Mangala which was over £50 million when you add the money used to by him from his agent mendes was too much.

Mangala money would have secured someone like Icardi from Inter Milan to give the attack competition. Bony is also a squad player and that was £28 million wasted too. We could have secured Ferminho to cope with Yaya's departure.

Finally, Pellegrini's system creates chances like we had 13 chances created against Crystal Palace. However, only one goal was scored. Competition in the offensive area is our problem.

(1) (Reply)

My Greatest Fear Is Dying Young - C. Ronaldo / VIDEO: Full Match + Highlight- Arsenal Vs. Hull City / EPL - More Misery Ahead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.