Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes (44907 Views)

Jide Macaulay: "I Regret Not Knowing I Was Gay Before I Got Married" / See How Nigeria First Gay Pastor Rev Jide Macaulay Is Preparing 4 Valentine(pics / 1000 NAMES, TITLES, AND ATTRIBUTES OF GOD (A-Z)WITH BIBLE VERSES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by Misblah(f): 9:42am On Apr 11, 2015
EroticAngelina:
Gay Nigerian pastor, Jide Macaulay took to facebook to write a letter to homophobes this morning. Read what he wrote

Open Letter to Homophobes
Far too many people play God and dehumanize Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Trans, and Intersex people throughout the world, in every culture, race, background etc.
The discrimination is so bad that it leaves many LGBTI people wondering and asking questions. This letter to Homophobes is being reproduced to answer many questions people have asked me.
Both heterosexuals and homosexual people, People of all faith have claimed that homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22 and cannot be condoned under any circumstance.
Dear Homophobes,
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your bigoted rhetoric, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, they are clobbered with Leviticus 18:22 which clearly state it to be an abomination...End of debate.
I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.
1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problems are my neighbours. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
5. I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2. Clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?
6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?
7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?
8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?
9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help.
Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

The Other Child of the living God.

https://www.facebook.com/RowlandJideMacaulay/posts/10153223486822884
Food for thought.
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by oplux: 9:52am On Apr 11, 2015
oplux:
So much talk and little information hia.this macauly guy sure knows his onions.while he did a good job of supporting his arguments with bible verses, we are busy moralising.guys,the only way to counter 'false religious teachings' (and I dare say, religious extremism) is to use sound religious verses and quotes to educate and counter it.Mere moralising and throwing abuses only serves to make false teachings and ideas unduely popular.its not enuff to just label Ds guy bad.prove it with bible verses and we'll all be the better for it..
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by Bsc(m): 10:57am On Apr 11, 2015
johnydon22:

LOL am no homo dawg... just saying the truth about u christians... ur hypocrisy is uncanny
Permit me to address u as a Muslim, now that Islamic sects (ISIS,BOKO HaRam etc) are terrorizing the world..would it be nice to generalize by saying muslims are terrorist? So dude only mad men engage in things that are abnormal.. Therefore put christianity/muslims(religion) aside, criticized the doers of evil.

1 Like

Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by ng4u(f): 10:58am On Apr 11, 2015
franugo:

christ was not many things so if u want 2 follow this ur logic in this jet age, then i PITY you!
ok
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by ng4u(f): 11:00am On Apr 11, 2015
johnydon22:

Exactly thats the point, people should not condemn gays with the old testament laws that none of you keeps.

Speaking of which jesus was never married so am supposing you will never marry? smiley

the gay stuff was never in the old testament... But if you ve got a conscious you will knw dat gay is a sin.

1 Like

Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by johnydon22(m): 11:06am On Apr 11, 2015
ng4u:
the gay stuff was never in the old testament... But if you ve got a conscious you will knw dat gay is a sin.

I was very homophobic (hate gays ) before, but my view on the world changed when i embraced a more rational way of thinking. . . I do not condemn them for being gays, its their life and not mine they should do what makes them happy... as long as they keep it away from me.

I am a heterosexual (straight) and am sure i wouldnt want any gay to condemn me so why should i condemn them... let them live their lives..

1 Like

Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by johnydon22(m): 11:10am On Apr 11, 2015
Bsc:

Permit me to address u as a Muslim, now that Islamic sects (ISIS,BOKO HaRam etc) are terrorizing the world..would it be nice to generalize by saying muslims are terrorist? So dude only mad men engage in things that are abnormal.. Therefore put christianity/muslims(religion) aside, criticized the doers of evil.

Sorry but am a dang atheist.. smiley i dont believe any fairy tale crap..i value human life more than faith..

Why should i condemn them for the way they choose to live their lives, i have my own life to live..

As long as they are not hurting anyone, its their business..

ISIS and BOKO are retards...

Many people were born homosexuals just like you and i were born heterosexuals.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by cegxie(m): 12:07pm On Apr 11, 2015
I guess on that judgment day many people would argue their cases with God. Lol! I imagine a lot of people quoting heavenly constitution to justify their wrongs before God. SMH

1 Like

Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by naijaboyof4life(m): 12:28pm On Apr 11, 2015
freshcvv:

Oga..quote the verses in the bible that clearly shows Sodom was destroyed solely because of homosexuality.

Waiting..

Where did I say homosexuality. People are focusing on that as if that is the only part of sexual immorality. They tried to gang rape male visitors. That is one inhospitality and also sexual perversion and sexual immorality.

"just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire."
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by Trustworthiness: 5:17pm On Apr 11, 2015
johnydon22:
He's right, christians all should start practising all the laws in the old testament since they condemn gays with the laws in the old testament...

Its either you discard all of them and embrace the modern way or You keep all of them and dont cherrypick the ones you like.. grin

That is the high level of hypocrisy Christians of today have plunge themselves in.
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by freshcvv(m): 6:58pm On Apr 11, 2015
naijaboyof4life:

Where did I say homosexuality. People are focusing on that as if that is the only part of sexual immorality. They tried to gang rape male visitors. That is one inhospitality and also sexual perversion and sexual immorality.

"just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire."

You brought in Sodom and gomorah into the discussion .. What are you trying to score with Sodom and Gomorrah story? Aren't you trying to say homosexuality was why it was destroyed? If not..why the example?

Are you trying to say heterosexuals don't gang rape or what exactly is your point here?
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by naijaboyof4life(m): 1:58am On Apr 12, 2015
freshcvv:

You brought in Sodom and gomorah into the discussion .. What are you trying to score with Sodom and Gomorrah story? Aren't you trying to say homosexuality was why it was destroyed? If not..why the example?

Are you trying to say heterosexuals don't gang rape or what exactly is your point here?

Nope you brought Sodom and gomorah into the convo when you said quote a bible verse that said homosexuality was why they were destroyed.

heterosexual gang rape? Just call it what it is. Gang rape. No I am saying they were destroyed for sexual immorality. The bible doesn't discriminate on sexual immorality, people do because of the eww feeling. Zoosexual acts were also prominent in those ancient days.
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by Nobody: 6:01am On Apr 12, 2015
freshcvv:

Oga..quote the verses in the bible that clearly shows Sodom was destroyed solely because of homosexuality.

Waiting..

Well,you will see the verse if you call homosexuality a sin. Sodom sinned by men sleeping with men and women sleeping with women to the point of wanting to sleep with angels.
Now is it a sin?
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by Nobody: 6:03am On Apr 12, 2015
johnydon22:

I hate homosexuality, i have beaten one guy to a pulp because he told me he liked me and wanted to date me... Jeeeez embarassed **throws up**

But its just another sexual orientation not abnormality. You and i are lucky to be born heterosexuals..

homos needs to be accepted and not discriminated against...

The truth is,
Homos turn themselves that way.
Getting attracted to same sex isn't homosexuality but sleeping with them is.
It is naturally abnormal.
I don't hate them,I hate that ACT of theirs because it is DETESTABLE to Jehovah.
Someone here Said he's a gang atheist. Me? I'm solely Religious.
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by Nobody: 6:10am On Apr 12, 2015
franugo:

christ was not many things so if u want 2 follow this ur logic in this jet age, then i PITY you!

I pity you more if you want to live a life that God hates in the name of JET AGE.
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by freshcvv(m): 7:06am On Apr 12, 2015
Optimall:

Well,you will see the verse if you call homosexuality a sin. Sodom sinned by men sleeping with men and women sleeping with women to the point of wanting to sleep with angels.
Now is it a sin?

I didn't ask you to tell me what you think, rather what the bible wrote as a reason for the destruction. Since homosexuality is mostly fingered as the reason.
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by freshcvv(m): 7:12am On Apr 12, 2015
naijaboyof4life:

Nope you brought Sodom and gomorah into the convo when you said quote a bible verse that said homosexuality was why they were destroyed.

heterosexual gang rape? Just call it what it is. Gang rape. No I am saying they were destroyed for sexual immorality. The bible doesn't discriminate on sexual immorality, people do because of the eww feeling. Zoosexual acts were also prominent in those ancient days.
Oga you are funny...you keep changing your words..go and read your first post to me..you do see clearly that you started all these Gomorrah, homosexual gang raping bla bla bla.

I asked you a common question which you are yet to answer.
The verse in the bible!
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by johnydon22(m): 7:38am On Apr 12, 2015
Optimall:

The truth is,
Homos turn themselves that way.
Getting attracted to same sex isn't homosexuality but sleeping with them is.
It is naturally abnormal.
I don't hate them,I hate that ACT of theirs because it is DETESTABLE to Jehovah.
Someone here Said he's a gang atheist. Me? I'm solely Religious.

I dont know what that person means by gang atheist, for me i am an atheist.

I just needed the religious folks to see the hypocrisy in condemning people with laws that they dont keep..
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by FOREXMART(m): 7:50am On Apr 12, 2015
Religions are foreign, if Nigerians colonised the world the white man would be worshipping Ifa, Amadioha, sango, ogboni and other local deities. These foreign freeks came from the south through the ocean spreading their religion while their counterparts came from the middle east through the desert spreading their own version and look at us now, we can't even come to a simple agreement.

One thing is sure, God exists, God is universal but please don't tell me your beliefs are superior to mine. The world will be a better place if we lived our lives with varying adaptive codes and social laws rather than this cancer called religion.

Intellectually matured people will understand what I have just said, myopic bigots won't.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 12, 2015
freshcvv:

I didn't ask you to tell me what you think, rather what the bible wrote as a reason for the destruction. Since homosexuality is mostly fingered as the reason.

You so what do you think?
I mean what does your conscience said it is?
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
johnydon22:

I dont know what that person means by gang atheist, for me i am an atheist.

I just needed the religious folks to see the hypocrisy in condemning people with laws that they dont keep..

Well personally,I'm not hypocritical.
I see homosexuality as a sin and will always see it that way.
My opinion though grin
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 12, 2015
FOREXMART:
Religions are foreign, if Nigerians colonised the world the white man would be worshipping Ifa, Amadioha, sango, ogboni and other local deities. These foreign freeks came from the south through the ocean spreading their religion while their counterparts came from the middle east through the desert spreading their own version and look at us now, we can't even come to a simple agreement.

One thing is sure, God exists, God is universal but please don't tell me your beliefs are superior to mine. The world will be a better place if we lived our lives with varying adaptive codes and social laws rather than this cancer called religion.

Intellectually matured people will understand what I have just said, myopic bigots won't.

Even without religion sometimes they are things we (everyone)know within ourselves and one of those things is that..
Despite how much people try to make it seem normal,homosexuality is nothing less than abnormality.
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by FOREXMART(m): 1:51pm On Apr 13, 2015
Optimall:

Even without religion sometimes they are things we (everyone)know within ourselves and one of those things is that..
Despite how much people try to make it seem normal,homosexuality is nothing less than abnormality.

Abnormality is synonymous to unacceptability. What's acceptable and what's unacceptable varies from one place to another, from one individual to another. You can't make it universal. Example eating pig meat is normal in the south but abnormal in the north. My post was simply criticising the fact that we force other people to accept our so called religious/spiritual views and when they don't condemnation follows.
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by freshcvv(m): 3:35pm On Apr 13, 2015
Optimall:

You so what do you think?
I mean what does your conscience said it is?

Huh?
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by naijaboyof4life(m): 2:37am On Apr 15, 2015
freshcvv:

Oga you are funny...you keep changing your words..go and read your first post to me..you do see clearly that you started all these Gomorrah, homosexual gang raping bla bla bla.

I asked you a common question which you are yet to answer.
The verse in the bible!

You expect me to give a verse that states exactly what you want. You want to state a verse that mentions a word that was made in 19th century from a book that was compiled together in like 4 centuries. You are funny. I am not changing my words. I said they were destroyed for sexual immorality and lack of hospitality. What the men did to Lot and his visitors encompasses of those two things. That was what I said. You are trying to play the got cha game.
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by Nobody: 2:43am On Apr 15, 2015
naijaboyof4life:

You expect me to give a verse that states exactly what you want. You want to state a verse that mentions a word that was made in 19th century from a book that was compiled together in like 4 centuries. You are funny. I am not changing my words. I said they were destroyed for sexual immorality and lack of hospitality. What the men did to Lot and his visitors encompasses of those two things. That was what I said. You are trying to play the got cha game.
You are a mungo park. I brainwashed nitwit, where is it written in the bible and you're saying poo. Abeg clear off from this place
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by freshcvv(m): 7:00am On Apr 15, 2015
naijaboyof4life:

Not what I want, rather what you claimed the bible said. Is this too hard to ask?
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by naijaboyof4life(m): 9:22pm On Apr 18, 2015
slimmy05:
You are a mungo park. I brainwashed nitwit, where is it written in the bible and you're saying poo. Abeg clear off from this place

Look at this one. A fool will call another foolish not knowing he is foolish.
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by naijaboyof4life(m): 9:24pm On Apr 18, 2015
freshcvv:

Not what I want, rather what you claimed the bible said. Is this too hard to ask?

I said it but you weren't satisfied so leave it because if it continues for a long time, we wouldn't know why we are arguing in the first place. If you believe homosexual acts is a normal thing, don't complain when animal lovers start to claim rights.
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
naijaboyof4life:

Look at this one. A fool will call another foolish not knowing he is foolish.
Imagine this dunderhead, so you're able to renew your data, you poor poverty ridden ignoramus
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by freshcvv(m): 9:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
naijaboyof4life:

I said it but you weren't satisfied so leave it because if it continues for a long time, we wouldn't know why we are arguing in the first place. If you believe homosexual acts is a normal thing, don't complain when animal lovers start to claim rights.

You said what?
I asked for the verse.

Give me the book, chapter and verse or quote it here accordingly.
Re: Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes by naijaboyof4life(m): 5:00am On Apr 19, 2015
freshcvv:

You said what?
I asked for the verse.

Give me the book, chapter and verse or quote it here accordingly.

I gave it to you and explain. I don't like to repeat myself. Even if I quote verse, it wouldn't change you. No point.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Osun Election: What Happened To Prophet Mike Agboola's Prophecy? / Another NOAH Type Of Flood Is About To Happen. / I Keep Seeing My Dead Nephew In My Dreams!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.