Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

GEJ Involved In Mere Election, Not War, We Can’t Compare Him With Ojukwu – FFK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Involved In Mere Election, Not War, We Can’t Compare Him With Ojukwu – FFK (1237 Views)

Aguiyi-Ironsi With Ojukwu, Gowon, Hassan Katsina, David Ejoor & Wey. Throwback / Dahiru Saleh: "I Annulled June 12 Election, Not IBB" / 2015 Election Not War But Contest Among Brothers, Sisters — Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Involved In Mere Election, Not War, We Can’t Compare Him With Ojukwu – FFK by Solutioncrib: 12:17pm On Apr 10, 2015

The former aviation minister Femi Fani-Kayode has reacted to the words of Theophilus Danjuma, the ex-minister of defence and
chairman of Victim Support Fund, that Colonel Emeka Odumegwu
Ojukwu should have quickly accepted defeat in the war, like
President Goodluck Jonathan.

Ojukwu came into national importance upon his appointment as military governor in 1966 and his -s thereafter.
A military coup against the civilian Nigerian federal government in
January 1966 and a counter coup in July 1966 by different military
f-s, perceived to be ethnic coups, resulted in pogroms in Northern Nigeria in which Igbos were predominantly killed.

Ojukwu, who was not an active participant in either coup was appointed the military governor of Nigeria's Eastern region in January 1966 by General Aguyi Ironsi.

Fani-Kayode took to his Facebook account to react to the words of
Danjuma.

He said: "Those that say that Colonel Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu should have quickly accepted defeat in the war, like President Goodluck Jonathan did immediately after the election, have got it all wrong.

"I say this because the former was involved in a full scale military
conflict whilst the latter was involved in a mere election.
"It is easy to concede defeat in an election but you cannot sit back and gladly do the same in a war in which your people are facing mass
murder and genocide. In those terrible circumstances you do not give up and concede but instead you stand and you fight to the last man.

"Whether anyone likes it or not Ojukwu did the right thing. He fought for his people and, if I had been in his place, I would have done the same thing.
I would rather be a dead man than a slave. I would rather die
fighting than bow to the enemies of my soul."

http://dailyafricagist.com/discussion/3086/suggest

1 Like

Re: GEJ Involved In Mere Election, Not War, We Can’t Compare Him With Ojukwu – FFK by icon8: 12:25pm On Apr 10, 2015
Smh for this dude
Re: GEJ Involved In Mere Election, Not War, We Can’t Compare Him With Ojukwu – FFK by podosci(m): 12:27pm On Apr 10, 2015
I though this guy would have vanished by now
But he still making noise
Hope he has selected the prison location he would love to serve his sentence?
Re: GEJ Involved In Mere Election, Not War, We Can’t Compare Him With Ojukwu – FFK by nerodenero: 12:31pm On Apr 10, 2015
Unfortunately, Abdulsalam Abubakar is negotiating an amnesty deal for those worst than FFK. So appalling!
podosci:
I though this guy would have vanished by now
But he still making noise
Hope he has selected the prison location he would love to serve his sentence?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Involved In Mere Election, Not War, We Can’t Compare Him With Ojukwu – FFK by nwaanambra1(m): 12:54pm On Apr 10, 2015

"It is easy to concede defeat in an election but you cannot sit back and gladly do the same in a war in which your people are facing mass
murder and genocide. In those terrible circumstances you do not give up and concede but instead you stand and you fight to the last man.

"Whether anyone likes it or not Ojukwu did the right thing. He fought for his people and, if I had been in his place, I would have done the same thing.
I would rather be a dead man than a slave. I would rather die
fighting than bow to the enemies of my soul."

FFK - I ALWAYS SEE YOU AS A DRUNKARD AND DRUG ADDICT, THEREFORE I NEVER TAKE YOU OFFENSIVE STATEMENTS SERIOUS BUT THIS YOUR COMMENT HAS PROVED THAT EVEN A CLOCK THAT IS NOT WORKING IS CORRECT TWICE A DAY!

I HAVE FORGIVEN YOU ALL YOUR PAST.

AS FOR THAT MOFO THAT CALLED DANJUMA, I THOUGHT BY NOW HE SHOULD HAVE REALIZED THAT HIS EVIL DEEDS AGAINST THE IGBOS AND HIS HATE FOR THE IGBOS IS ALREADY CATCHING UP WITH HIM AS THE SAME FULANIS HE SERVED ARE ALREADY KILLING HIS PEOPLE IN TARABA! angry

I STILL DON'T KNOW WHY THE TOOTHLESS OHANEZE HAS NOT REPLIED THAT GRAND INSULT HE GAVE TO THE IGBOS! angry

NOW KAYODE HAS BECOME OUR SPOKESMAN! embarassed embarassed

WHAT A WORLD! embarassed

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Involved In Mere Election, Not War, We Can’t Compare Him With Ojukwu – FFK by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 10, 2015
nwaanambra1:

FFK - I ALWAYS SEE YOU AS A DRUNKARD AND DRUG ADDICT, THEREFORE I NEVER TAKE YOU OFFENSIVE STATEMENTS SERIOUS BUT THIS YOUR COMMENT HAS PROVED THAT EVEN A CLOCK THAT IS NOT WORKING IS CORRECT TWICE A DAY!

I HAVE FORGIVEN YOU ALL YOUR PAST.

AS FOR THAT MOFO THAT CALLED DANJUMA, I THOUGHT BY NOW HE SHOULD HAVE REALIZED THAT HIS EVIL DEEDS AGAINST THE IGBOS AND HIS HATE FOR THE IGBOS IS ALREADY CATCHING UP WITH HIM AS THE SAME FULANIS HE SERVED ARE ALREADY KILLING HIS PEOPLE IN TARABA! angry

I STILL DON'T KNOW WHY THE TOOTHLESS OHANEZE HAS NOT REPLIED THAT GRAND INSULT HE GAVE TO THE IGBOS! angry

NOW KAYODE HAS BECOME OUR SPOKESMAN! embarassed embarassed

WHAT A WORLD! embarassed
I like FFK

He's trying hard to make igbos forgive him for fvckking ojukwu's wife.

grin

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Involved In Mere Election, Not War, We Can’t Compare Him With Ojukwu – FFK by alaoeri: 1:17pm On Apr 10, 2015
FFK the new anointed Igbo's friend just because he's saying what they want to hear cheesy, only time will tell for how long this alliance gonna last.
Re: GEJ Involved In Mere Election, Not War, We Can’t Compare Him With Ojukwu – FFK by Collynzo9: 1:18pm On Apr 10, 2015
Segeggs:
I like FFK

grin
When is that man going to apologise for fuckîng your mum Harriet Adewole, which led to your father's premature death?

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Involved In Mere Election, Not War, We Can’t Compare Him With Ojukwu – FFK by Utchgirl(f): 1:22pm On Apr 10, 2015
Segeggs:
I like FFK

grin
.Get ur facts right; whn FFK wz dating Bianca,d later wz nt yet married.Both(Bianca n FFK) wia students n still single.
BTW, FFK tnks for saying d truth. All d igbo haters shld go n die.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GEJ Involved In Mere Election, Not War, We Can’t Compare Him With Ojukwu – FFK by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 10, 2015
Utchgirl:
.Get ur facts right; whn FFK wz dating Bianca,d later wz nt yet married.Both(Bianca n FFK) wia students n still single.
BTW, FFK tnks for saying d truth. All d igbo haters shld go n die.
I knew FFK's game plan is to make Ibos forgive him for ravishing their warlord's wife. grin
Re: GEJ Involved In Mere Election, Not War, We Can’t Compare Him With Ojukwu – FFK by geedeex2(m): 1:34pm On Apr 10, 2015
FFK you still fit talk?
Re: GEJ Involved In Mere Election, Not War, We Can’t Compare Him With Ojukwu – FFK by truefact: 1:37pm On Apr 10, 2015
With all this hate, why do people still want igbo in one Nigeria?
Re: GEJ Involved In Mere Election, Not War, We Can’t Compare Him With Ojukwu – FFK by Deltagiant: 2:30pm On Apr 10, 2015
Igbo people are the Nigerian enigma. I say this cos they're the most friendliest and forgiving people but yet some think they're very vindictive.
FFK once crossed the line, but since then his actions and utterances have shown contrition. Afterall, Igbo forgave people that even did worse to them during the failed war of emancipation and even supported them against all odds in their political aspirations.

The problem is some people and groups would rather continue to stiffle the great Igbo race and hoping to get a pat on the back each time.
These are the set igbo will continue to rebuff and show vindictiveness.

FFK, your words are so soothing. You did well.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Involved In Mere Election, Not War, We Can’t Compare Him With Ojukwu – FFK by ibedun: 3:29pm On Apr 10, 2015
Wow, so the Igbos are still hurting 50 years on?

Could that be the reason behind their intransigence?

They must eventually accept that Ojukwu miscalculated badly and got it tragically so wrong.
Re: GEJ Involved In Mere Election, Not War, We Can’t Compare Him With Ojukwu – FFK by voxpopp: 4:00pm On Apr 10, 2015
Me I sha know without Ibos, Lagos will not develop. Look at the important fields of interest they are well known for.

Prostitution, selling of fake video game discs, fake cds and dvds, fake drugs, peddling of hard drugs, piracy, selling of gala on the highway, selling of okrika clothing items, selling fake vehicle spare parts, importing substandard china goods, importing and exporting aba made clones etc.

This activities are very vital to the economical success of Lagos.

We cannot do without them grin

They are very vital to us grin . Pls oba Akiolu, don't kill them for us. We also love their girls with their flat bald heads, moustache, yam legs, and hairy limbs grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Taraba State Governor Elect Is Female... / Expo!! Sahara Reporters Now Deleting Buhari's Promises to nigerian On Their Site / Photo That Reflect Why Politicians Steal Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.