Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere (34186 Views)

Gov Polls: EFCC Arrests INEC Chiefs For Taking N675m In Bribes / Some Revealing Pictures In OPC Rally In Lagos / Buhari campaign pictures in Abia state, gets traditional title. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 11, 2015
Truckpusher:
Oboy! e go be dem like film.

Wetin dey happen for Lasgidi?

Lagos is too important to be left in the hands of that kleptomaniac with his gworro infested teeth. grin grin
My brother, Lagos is indeed very important. It is looking interesting here, we hope to smile at the end of the exercise. Please, you guys should ensure that Peterside don't get up to 15% votes cast.
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Truckpusher(m): 4:11pm On Apr 11, 2015
barcanista:
My brother, Lagos is indeed very important. It is looking interesting here, we hope to smile at the end of the exercise. Please, you guys should ensure that Peterside don't get up to 15% votes cast.
Omo! bone matter.

Rivers is going to be delivered very safe and healthy to the PDP. grin

All APC supporters in Rivers State would be transported to Lagos and handed over to the Honorable Minister of the Lagoon to do the needful.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 11, 2015
Truckpusher:
Omo! bone matter.

Rivers is going to be delivered very safe and healthy to the PDP. grin

All APC supporters in Rivers State would be transported to Lagos and handed over to the Honorable Minister of the Lagoon to do the needful.
grin grin
I hope say that your guy don ready your 200k cheque? grin
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by successhunter: 4:23pm On Apr 11, 2015
Nursecaleb:
He might be an Apc spy,gud 4 im.

Haba!
Are you this heartless?!
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Truckpusher(m): 4:23pm On Apr 11, 2015
barcanista:
I hope say that your guy don ready your 200k cheque? grin
Him fit try am ? undecided

I go change am for am. grin.

The cheque dey with the girl friend jeje.
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by idupaul: 4:27pm On Apr 11, 2015
ignis:
This is what happens when one becomes pics freak.
What is he taking the pics of the soldiers for? Because he probably got a chinco phone?
A lesson for him and others like him.

I tire ooo..why was he snapping soldiers on rountine patrol

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 11, 2015
Truckpusher:
Him fit try am ? undecided

I go change am for am. grin.

The cheque dey with the girl friend jeje.
Wow..na 50-50 o grin. U go use him money buy drink and Peppersoup for am. APC wey no fit get up to 100k votes in March 28 poll de beat their chest anyhow for Rivers. But that him babe make sense o grin
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Truckpusher(m): 4:37pm On Apr 11, 2015
barcanista:
Wow..na 50-50 o grin. U go use him money buy drink and Peppersoup for am. APC wey no fit get up to 100k votes in March 28 poll de beat their chest anyhow for Rivers. But that him babe make sense o grin
Commot eye for army man salary angry angry

In the spirit of good sportsmanship I go give 50 gees back. grin grin
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 11, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://www.punchng.com/news/soldiers-beat-up-voter-for-taking-pictures/

Sometimes these dunces forget that they are in Nigeria.

In the current Nigeria, it's a death wish to take pictures of military persons on duty.

I'm glad that they beat him.

They need to beat discipline back into the populace.

What makes him so lucky in all of Lagos that he was the only one beat?
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 11, 2015
TefBarzz:
Serves the idiot right.what do you expect the military men to think bringing out your phone to capture them,in a somewhat tensed and sensitive electoral process.

Thank you.

Some of the citizens are without a functioning faculty.
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Jesusloveyou: 4:49pm On Apr 11, 2015
barcanista:
Una well done o. Amaechi and that nincompoop Peterside are on the verge of becoming irrelevant and useless in Rivers State and the entire Niger Delta. They will learn in a hard way that politics is local. God Bless Rivers State and Niger Delta

Sai GEJ
Sai Wike
d same way u were shouting 2wks ago that gej has already won 23 state,or gej till 2019,by tommoro ur eye wil be wide open.
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 11, 2015
ShakurM:
I see u aren't reasoning well. In America, u can video cops in their line of duty as long as it doesn't interfere with their operations.

Nigerian soldiers are there to serve n protect if u don't know.

Justifying the soldiers act abi, I hope they get hold of u someday. angry

This was in Nigeria, not America.
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 11, 2015
omooba969:

U surely need some education cos in a sane society d soldiers' actions amount to assault, GBH(if u knw wot dat means), gross misconduct. Their actions r punishable by court-Marshall & dismissal is recommendable.

The victim hasn't done anything wrong.

He did plenty wrong.

He compromised a military formation.

He interfered with a military officer while performing his duties.

You guys carry on and edge Nairaland dweebs to mess with illiterate trained killers.

I will do laugh at the next one that gets a beat down.
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by VolvoS60(m): 4:58pm On Apr 11, 2015
ololufemi:

Dude, they were not on the parade ground marching neither was it a ceremonial procession such as independence or armed forces rememberance day. If you feel aggravated, please go to Bonnt camp stand under the bridge and start taking pictures of the cantonment since it was built with tax payers money. I can assure you that you will frog jump from there to Costain and back irrespective of whose son you are (please note that we also pay taxes).

I have always said it that discipline needs to be installed in the fabric of our youth. Facebook, Twitter e.t.c have driven them to a high level of disregard. Our amiable General needs to restructure the NYSC programme into the Isreali system where compulsory military service is required to get any government position (appointed or elected). No special system for children of the wealthy.

I plead with you, do not take pictures of military men without their permission especially those with orderlies.

Make I invite you come officers mess come relax. grin

^^^^
undecided

Typical.

Not surprisingly, you have not addressed any of the key issues. The best you can do is issue threats of what will happen to me if I take pictures of military establishments. undecided Empty.

You talk up a hypocritical storm about 'discipline' but the truth is you have no knowledge of it. You can't give what you don't have. I am sure the two soldiers who arranged the abduction of mikel obi's father for ransom a few years ago were 'disciplined' men. I am sure the senior naval officers (Rear Admirals, no less) who aided the theft of an entire shipload of petroleum products (11,000 tonnes!!) a few years ago were 'disciplined' men. These and other examples of 'disciplined' behaviour by you and your fellow travelers are legion.

You have the nerve to sermonize about 'discipline' when NA troops mutinied against a senior commander in the middle of on-going hostilities in the North East? undecided Discipline? You don't know the meaning of the word.

One last thing: your comments about 'whose son I am' and 'special systems for children of the wealthy' reveal your deep rooted issues. Sort them out fast. I have no idea the son of whom you are or how wealthy you or your family are - and I do not care. It adds nothing to the discussion.

Focus on the key issues. Once they have been fixed then we can have the drink you offered.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by emmatok(m): 5:05pm On Apr 11, 2015
CityNG:

He did plenty wrong.

You guys carry on and edge Nairaland dweebs to mess with illiterate trained killers.

My friend, the young man did nothing wrong.
The Soldiers patrol were open and not secret.
Lot of people took pictures from the windows of their homes.
The same soldiers patrol Ikorodu road Yesterday, and people took pictures from BRT buses.
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by donodion(m): 5:22pm On Apr 11, 2015
And what is wrong I'n taking pictures if they are not on sinister assigemt? The wicked run when no one pursureth.
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by hopelife: 5:35pm On Apr 11, 2015
For Latest Celebrity News, Politics Gossips Gist and Inspirations

http://addanny.com/social/35/18527
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by odunkunbi(f): 5:37pm On Apr 11, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]Sorry 2 bad
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by okotv(m): 5:41pm On Apr 11, 2015
Truckpusher:
Oboy! e go be dem like film.

Wetin dey happen for Lasgidi?

Lagos is too important to be left in the hands of that kleptomaniac with his gworro infested teeth. grin grin
sorry bro but Lagos is locked down for APC
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 11, 2015
emmatok:

My friend, the young man did nothing wrong.
The Soldiers patrol were open and not secret.
Lot of people took pictures from the windows of their homes.
The same soldiers patrol Ikorodu road Yesterday, and people took pictures from BRT buses.

He did plenty wrong and you just proved that for me.

What makes him special that he was beaten but not a bus full of people?

Sorry but some of you guys are the most undisciplined and unruly people I know.

He probably mouthed off and said the wrong thing to them, he won't do it again.
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by emmatok(m): 6:54pm On Apr 11, 2015
CityNG:

What do you know about discipline?
Soldiers beating-up unarmed civilians shows a lack of discipline on their part.

So tell me the particular crime this young man committed by snapping patrolling soldiers.?
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 11, 2015
emmatok:

What do you know about discipline?
Soldiers beating-up unarmed civilians shows a lack of discipline on their part.

So tell me the particular crime this young man committed by snapping patrolling soldiers.?

I'm not your errand boy.

I have my opinion, you have yours. I'm not on a quest to convince you. The person that got his just treatment will know better next time.

Go do your own research yourself.
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by omooba969(m): 7:10pm On Apr 11, 2015
CityNG:

He did plenty wrong.

Nawa o undecided
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 11, 2015
omooba969:

Nawa o undecided

Yep.

I laughed at the dolts that were offed during the presidential election.

They were trying to stop a military convoy from entering INEC offices grin

They should bill their families for the cost of bullets used.
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by emmatok(m): 7:26pm On Apr 11, 2015
CityNG:

I'm not your errand boy.

I have my opinion, you have yours. I'm not on a quest to convince you. The person that got his just treatment will know better next time.

Go do your own research yourself.

The last time a Admiral ordered his Ratings to beat up an unarmed civilian, he was court marshalled and dismissed.

Let's learn to be civil.
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 11, 2015
emmatok:

The last time a Admiral ordered his Ratings to beat up an unarmed civilian, he was court marshalled and dismissed.

Let's learn to be civil.

You keep trying to preach to me, quit already. I'm not your mate.

Keep on egging on dunces. How many people have been killed today by the military? At least 10 based on readings on here.

The dude got his asskicking and nothing will come out of it. No court Marshall, no nothing.
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by VolvoS60(m): 8:11pm On Apr 11, 2015
CityNG:

^^^^

undecided

Woolly thinking.
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 11, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^^

undecided

Woolly thinking.

Thank you. I at least used my faculty to type angry
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by emmatok(m): 8:24pm On Apr 11, 2015
CityNG:

You keep trying to preach to me, quit already. I'm not your mate.

Keep on egging on dunces. How many people have been killed today by the military? At least 10 based on readings on here.

The dude got his asskicking and nothing will come out of it. No court Marshall, no nothing.

I know your type, you come online to boast and rant ignorantly.

The NA don't condone his men behaving recklessly in public.
And you will not be invited when these reckless act are being investigated.

Kindly STFU and stop ranting about things you don't know.
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 11, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Millitary Brutality-But he should have never taken their picture openly these men hates having their picture taken
They didn't have the right to beat him.....ohhh!!! I forgot, this is Nigeria..
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by ITWorks(m): 10:02pm On Apr 11, 2015
Nursecaleb:
He might be an Apc spy,gud 4 im.
Now thats really short sighted. They have no reason whatsoever to lay a hand on a civilian most especially during elections. Even if he's a spy, they need not retaliate unless they got something up their sleeve that needs to be hidden. With dere reaction now, am sure they did.
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by ITWorks(m): 10:20pm On Apr 11, 2015
ololufemi:
Why will you take pictures of soldiers openly during a pensive mood as this election period. We hate our pictures being taken openly during such assignments. Such pictures have been photoshopped, altered and have been deceptively used for ulterior motives. This has gotten a lot of soldiers stern warnings.

Nigerians especially the youths should have decorum in dealing with the military. The fact that you are in a democracy does not mean you can go about displaying your ignorance.

He should thank them for not arresting him and handing him over to the military police. He would have spent the weekend in the guard room.

Be peaceful and adhere to decorum especially in your conduct openly.

May Nigerians come out great and victorious .

Really good to have a soldier in the haus but one thing I need you to understand here is that this the whole of Nigeria is not your barracks and there is simply no justification for what your collegues did. We are in a democracy and the only supreme document is the constitution and not your military rules which I am by no means as a civilian bound by (else I am within your jurisdiction). One thing you need to understand is this. Because the constitution has allocated some level of power to you guys, doesn't mean you use it any way as the same constitution has broken down the ways of using this power. The only reason those boys beat him up is because they have the title 'military' attached to their names. I will put it to you that anybody's pictures can be taken and photoshopped into whatever form but that doesn't mean everyone would go around assaulting whoever takes his pictures. I could take Prof. Jega's picture now and remake it to portray a wrong message of INEC but then am preetty sure Prof wouldn't step down from the stage and pounce on me if I took his pix while he was announcing results. So please you should be a lot more critical on issues as these before justifying whatever show of power your boys participate in. Cheers. :-)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike Rejects ₦85bn Wasa Housing Contract That Masses Can't Afford / Photo Of Boko Haram Member Arrested By Task Force In Sambisa Forest / Obasanjo Tests Negative For Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.