Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere (34185 Views)

Gov Polls: EFCC Arrests INEC Chiefs For Taking N675m In Bribes / Some Revealing Pictures In OPC Rally In Lagos / Buhari campaign pictures in Abia state, gets traditional title. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 11, 2015
cheesy#ur broda mumu!!
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by ihedinobi2: 2:32pm On Apr 11, 2015
I hope someone does something about this paranoia that makes people react in the manner that the soldiers did. I hope those soldiers are court-martialled for their behavior.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by HitlerGaddafi: 2:33pm On Apr 11, 2015
barcanista:
Lesson learnt.. Avoid the military

None of ur comments dey always worth an appraisal. Why you nor wan improve like this na barcanista. I be ijaw man too o and we are always known to be fighters and winners.
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Capricon3(m): 2:33pm On Apr 11, 2015
Dat serves him right,e no knw say Nigeria military don't like when u snap dem with chico fone..take note dude..cos even for sun e go shine light n make sound to identify u.. grin

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Capricon3(m): 2:33pm On Apr 11, 2015
Dat serves him right,e no knw say Nigeria military don't like when u snap dem with chico fone..take note dude..cos even for sun e go shine light n make sound to identify u..
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by omooba969(m): 2:34pm On Apr 11, 2015
Nursecaleb:
Go meet falana den,mumu

U just confirmed dat u dnt belong in dis civilised world of ours cos u refuse to learn. 9ja is in trouble...chai ! grin
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by oseiwe(m): 2:34pm On Apr 11, 2015
countsparrow:
D day wey I wear Karmo wey soldiers chase me, na dat day I sabi say... Hellfire hot pass inside molten magma.
dat u have fingers to type dis mean say na God save u.
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by juman(m): 2:35pm On Apr 11, 2015
One nigeria failure, a very backward country with very bad 'leaders'.
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 11, 2015
animals

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by TefBarzz(m): 2:39pm On Apr 11, 2015
Serves the idiot right.what do you expect the military men to think bringing out your phone to capture them,in a somewhat tensed and sensitive electoral process.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by LasoulMacuby(m): 2:44pm On Apr 11, 2015
CharlieMaria:
Nawao. No picture or video of the beating?
U still dey ask this question after u don hear wetin happen
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by ritababe(f): 2:45pm On Apr 11, 2015
barcanista:
Avoid confrontation with the Military...

become the millitary and start confronting

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by ololufemi: 2:45pm On Apr 11, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^^
Abysmally poor response. Not good enough at all.

The fellow beaten up by the soldiers (if this story is true) could have been killed. angry People's health problems are not written on their foreheads - people have been known to die from a single punch to the head or a kick to the stomach. And over what? A camera phone snapshot? angry

And so many posters on here are applauding the brutality of these soldiers - not for the first time and certainly not the last. But what goes round comes round - some of these same posters will have their stories to tell soon - possibly of fatalities arising from completely unnecessary army brutality. They will rue the words they have spoken here today.

Nigerians have to choose whether they wish to live like animals or civilized beings. That is a choice only they can make. No one else can make that choice on their behalf.

Dude, you cannot be taking pictures of individuals in their house or car/vehicle without their permission. It is called trespassing. We take a lot of things things for granted in Nigeria. People who upload pictures of others without their permission trespass and are liable to be sued.

Had it been you attended a military school, or were a military cadet, you will appreciate my comments. I am not talking about NYSC but proper military drills and training.

Do you know that military men mete out the gravest punishment to their children and wards when they misbehave. I remember one guy we wear one grey camouflage on top him karl kani jeans and timberland boots go Kobe barracks for Abuja. As de guy bounce enter, na so them accost am, tell am make him ride invisible stationary bike and frog jump before removing his shirt (he was accused of impersonation).

Conduct yourself when around military officers and they will respect you. They usually have a distaste for indiscipline.
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by ShakurM(m): 2:47pm On Apr 11, 2015
ignis:
This is what happens when one becomes pics freak.
What is he taking the pics of the soldiers for? Because he probably got a chinco phone?
A lesson for him and others like him.
I see u aren't reasoning well. In America, u can video cops in their line of duty as long as it doesn't interfere with their operations.

Nigerian soldiers are there to serve n protect if u don't know.

Justifying the soldiers act abi, I hope they get hold of u someday. angry
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by otokx(m): 2:48pm On Apr 11, 2015
Please this is not Europe or America, do not attempt to take pictures even inside church - usher fit whooze you.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by ShakurM(m): 2:53pm On Apr 11, 2015
ololufemi:

Dude, you cannot be taking pictures of individuals in their house or car/vehicle without their permission. It is called trespassing. We take a lot of things things for granted in Nigeria. People who upload pictures of others without their permission trespass and are liable to be sued.

Had it been you attended a military school, or were a military cadet, you will appreciate my comments. I am not talking about NYSC but proper military drills and training.

Do you know that military men mete out the gravest punishment to their children and wards when they misbehave. I remember one guy we wear one grey camouflage on top him karl kani jeans and timberland boots go Kobe barracks for Abuja. As de guy bounce enter, na so them accost am, tell am make him ride invisible stationary bike and frog jump before removing his shirt (he was accused of impersonation).

Conduct yourself when around military officers and they will respect you. They usually have a distaste for indiscipline.
Ur comments echoes because u don't know ur right, not ur fault this is Nigeria.

What happened 2 the guy that did frog jump was because he was wearing their uniform which we all know it's wrong n impersonating!

A guy got beaten because he took a pic . How does that justify beatings? If the guy were ur brother, maybe u could have a rethink.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by jagagbosa(m): 2:57pm On Apr 11, 2015
chymystique:
In as much as it was kinda wrong for the guy to take their pix unto naiJa military men usually taking offfense cause of such actions , Am wondering the differenCe between these particular Soldiers and Thugs? Intimidating Citizens all in the name of superiority. Thats unfair
nothing is unfair what is wrong is wrong, they are on duty and not on parade ground showing theRe matching skills so y shud he be taking pictures...
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by ignis: 3:01pm On Apr 11, 2015
ShakurM:
I see u aren't reasoning well. In America, u can video cops in their line of duty as long as it doesn't interfere with their operations.

Nigerian soldiers are there to serve n protect if u don't know.

Justifying the soldiers act abi, I hope they get hold of u someday. angry

You call that America. Sir, may I remind you that this is Nigeria?
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 11, 2015
Only criminals and people with something to hide that hate to be photographed.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Ogadtop(m): 3:06pm On Apr 11, 2015
why u no take pinshure of where soja was beating the guy abi u sef dey avoid beatin ni ;Dwhy u no take pinshure of where soja was beating the guy abi u sef dey avoid beatin ni

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by ShakurM(m): 3:07pm On Apr 11, 2015
ignis:

You call that America. Sir, may I remind you that this is Nigeria?
Just to let you know how developed nations set rules n laws. Stupid African mentality as always.

To hell with those soldiers, meting out undeserved punishment 2 citizens.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by ShakurM(m): 3:08pm On Apr 11, 2015
GenBuhari:
Only criminals and people with something to hide that hate to be photographed.
Gen Buhari has spoken!! God bless u
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by VolvoS60(m): 3:17pm On Apr 11, 2015
ololufemi:

^^^^
Now you've really got me going... angry

Go through some of the other posts on this thread. Slowly. The point was made very clearly that the offending picture (if indeed this whole story is true and not a fabrication) was taken in a public place and not on private property. Where is the trespassing here? Are there laws in Nigeria's statute books that forbid taking pictures in a public place? Are there laws that expressly forbid photographing military personnel on duty in the city centre? Answer that.

In your own words, 'people who upload pictures of others without their permission trespass and are liable to be be sued'. Did those soldiers explore that legally acceptable option? Brutalizing Nigerian citizens (and confiscating their cameras) represents 'taking legal action' in your book, right?

Spare me the irrelevant tales about your training drills or how military people brutalize their children and wards. I am not interested. Neither am I interested in your infantile gloating about how you and your cohorts stripped a Nigerian citizen (whose taxes by the way, buy your weapons, uniforms and boots) of his clothing on some dubious grounds of 'impersonation'. I am simply not interested. These stories say a lot about you and what you and your ilk stand for: angry The warped sense of entitlement. The idea that a military uniform is a licence to impunity. The complete lack of respect for civilian institutions - institutions from which the military actually derive legitimacy. I could go and on.

You have one job and one job only: to defend this country from internal and external threats. Nigerians want to know if you have delivered on this assignment in the North East over the last half decade.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by guttentag(m): 3:20pm On Apr 11, 2015
Soldier beaten no good for body
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by fairygeh(f): 3:44pm On Apr 11, 2015
ignis:
This is what happens when one becomes pics freak.
What is he taking the pics of the soldiers for? Because he probably got a chinco phone?
A lesson for him and others like him.
hahahahha
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Truckpusher(m): 3:45pm On Apr 11, 2015
barcanista:
Lesson learnt.. Avoid the military
Hehe grin grin

Oboy, APC is catching hell in Rivers State like I said - PDP already winning about 7 LGA and the traitor Amaechi has started crying like a woman in labour room all over the radio . grin

Ogba,Egbema,Ndoni LGA
Ahoada East LGA
Ahoada West
Ogu Gbolo LGA
OKrika LGA
Obio Akpor LGA
Abua Odua LGA

Rivers State is PDP'S BIRTHRIGHT AND IT IS A DO OR DIE AFFAIR FOR THOSE THAT WANTS TO DIE. grin grin

I'm in town sipping Hennessy with my hommies - No time tongue
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by saintopus(m): 3:46pm On Apr 11, 2015
dipopooo:
shocked I am very sure the guy is a nairalander. He wanted to take their photograph n upload it on nairaland n caption it as SOLDIERS TOOK OVER SURULERE or SOLDIERS STORMED SURULERE

This makes me laugh so hard.
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 11, 2015
grin
Nursecaleb:
Krayon
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by ololufemi: 3:52pm On Apr 11, 2015
VolvoS60:

^^^^
Now you've really got me going... angry

Go through some of the other posts on this thread. Slowly. The point was made very clearly that the offending picture (if indeed this whole story is true and not a fabrication) was taken in a public place and not on public property. Where is the trespassing here? Are there laws in Nigeria's statute books that forbid taking pictures in a public place? Are there laws that expressly forbid photographing military personnel on duty in the city centre? Answer that.

In your own words, 'people who upload pictures of others without their permission trespass and are liable to be be sued'. Did those soldiers explore that legally acceptable option? Brutalizing Nigerian citizens (and confiscating their cameras) represents 'taking legal action' in your book, right?

Spare me the childish war stories about your training drills or how military people brutalize their children and wards. I am not interested. Neither am I interested in how you and your cohorts stripped a Nigerian citizen (whose taxes by the way, buy your weapons, uniforms and boots) of his clothing on some dubious grounds of impersonation. I am simply not interested. These stories say a lot about you and what you and your ilk stand for. angry The warped sense of entitlement. The idea that a military uniform is a licence to impunity. The complete lack of respect for civilian institutions - institutions from which the military actually derive legitimacy. I could go and on.

You have one job and one job only: to defend this country from internal and external threats. Nigerians want to know if you have delivered on this assignment in the North East over the last half decade.

Dude, they were not on the parade ground marching neither was it a ceremonial procession such as independence or armed forces rememberance day. If you feel aggravated, please go to Bonnt camp stand under the bridge and start taking pictures of the cantonment since it was built with tax payers money. I can assure you that you will frog jump from there to Costain and back irrespective of whose son you are (please note that we also pay taxes).

I have always said it that discipline needs to be installed in the fabric of our youth. Facebook, Twitter e.t.c have driven them to a high level of disregard. Our amiable General needs to restructure the NYSC programme into the Isreali system where compulsory military service is required to get any government position (appointed or elected). No special system for children of the wealthy.

I plead with you, do not take pictures of military men without their permission especially those with orderlies.

Make I invite you come officers mess come relax. grin
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 11, 2015
Truckpusher:
Hehe grin grin

Oboy, APC is catching hell in Rivers State like I said - PDP already winning about 7 LGA and the traitor Amaechi has started crying like a woman in labour room all over the radio . grin

Ogba,Egbema,Ndoni LGA
Ahoada East LGA
Ahoada West
Ogu Gbolo LGA
OKrika LGA
Obio Akpor LGA
Abua Odua LGA

Rivers State is PDP'S BIRTHRIGHT AND IT IS A DO OR DIE AFFAIR FOR THOSE THAT WANTS TO DIE. grin grin

I'm in town sipping Hennessy with my hommies - No time tongue
Una well done o. Amaechi and that nincompoop Peterside are on the verge of becoming irrelevant and useless in Rivers State and the entire Niger Delta. They will learn in a hard way that politics is local. God Bless Rivers State and Niger Delta

Sai GEJ
Sai Wike
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by ommo(m): 3:57pm On Apr 11, 2015
Nursecaleb:
He might be an Apc spy,gud 4 im.

Does that make the soldiers action right?
Re: Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere by Truckpusher(m): 3:59pm On Apr 11, 2015
barcanista:
Una well done o. Amaechi and that nincompoop Peterside are on the verge of becoming irrelevant and useless in Rivers State and the entire Niger Delta. They will learn in a hard way that politics is local. God Bless Rivers State and Niger Delta

Sai GEJ
Sai Wike
Oboy! e go be dem like film.

Wetin dey happen for Lasgidi?

Lagos is too important to be left in the hands of that kleptomaniac with his gworro infested teeth. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos From The Meeting Of President Buhari With APC Governors / Expected Petrol Pump Price Drops To N114.53 Per Litre / Shina Abiola Peller Dumps APC, To Announce New Party On Tuesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.