Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,752 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

What If I Don't Want Children? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What If I Don't Want Children? (18463 Views)

7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria / Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? / For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If I Don't Want Children? by spoilt(f): 2:10am On Feb 06, 2009
I guess because of our culture many who dont want kids or even like kids just go on and have them anyway.
Who wants to be the subject of a village meeting? Lol. I have the one child and most days I swear im done. I am all drained from her gimicks! When i get my mother inlaws numerous urgent messages i sigh in exhaustion and wonder how im going to squeeze in another pregnancy and another attention needing tot into my gruelsome life. At the end of the day you dont owe anyone any explanations. Its your life, your resources, your choice to make. JUST DO YOU!!! grin. If you dont want kids then you dont want kids.
Re: What If I Don't Want Children? by spikedcylinder: 9:59am On Feb 06, 2009
@ OP

If you don't want children, don't have children. At least, for the sake of yourself and the rest of humanity.
Re: What If I Don't Want Children? by kokorunna(m): 2:42pm On Feb 06, 2009
Its not compulsory to have children if you don't want them, its a matter of choice between you and your partner.

There is loads of children brought into this world by useless parents who cannot look after them, they have become a nuisance to society. shocked
Re: What If I Don't Want Children? by Sissy3(f): 6:57am On Jun 02, 2009
if you dont want children,then dont have them. at least you are still better than those who have them but dont want them
Re: What If I Don't Want Children? by H2O2: 3:06am On Feb 09, 2010
Then discuss it with your potential wife before hand to avoid any complexities if/when you do get married.
If your partner does not want children either, then that's one problem that's been taken care of.
Re: What If I Don't Want Children? by agathamari(f): 11:36am On Feb 10, 2010
if you dont want kids, dont have any. that is between you and your spouce NOONE else
Re: What If I Don't Want Children? by g1(m): 7:14pm On Feb 12, 2010
@poster, there is absolutely nothing wrong in not wanting to have kids, we all cant have the same likes and dislikes, some people like the colour red, some like black, some people like alcohol some dont, etc, dont listen to what people think you should do, rather do what you think is best for you, there is no way all of us will want the same thing.
I have a friend who together with her spouse have chosen to remain childless, they both dont want kids and they are both happy with their decision
i personally am not a big fan of kids too, but if people love kids and want to have them then am happy for them,

peaceout
Re: What If I Don't Want Children? by Amigoz(f): 5:26am On Feb 13, 2010
still playing the same record. . .

dont have them .
Re: What If I Don't Want Children? by Akebulan: 5:58am On Feb 13, 2010
Unless my partner wants and loves children OR I happen to make a baby accidently, I will not be having any. And I certainly do not feel bad for that.
It is my choice and knowing how much I dont like little mini-people running around with dirty muddy hands and diapers and all the attitudes they can hold in their little tongues, screaming on top of their lungs and demanding allowances,, I dont think it would be fair to have a child.
If ever the condom breaks and something happens, I'll take it as God's way of telling me that she knows better and that she thinks I should have a baby in which case, I would.

To each his own, I certainly do not believe that people should be made to feel like they do or dont have to have kids. Having seen the way some people treat their kids, I am glad that some of us are accountable enough to know and stand up for what we want. Some people would just have kids and not only not care for them, but they maltreat them and leave the rest of the world to deal with the mess the made of their kids.

To each her own.
Re: What If I Don't Want Children? by jidobaba(m): 6:05am On Feb 13, 2010
^^God is an oxymoron
Re: What If I Don't Want Children? by Akebulan: 6:18am On Feb 13, 2010
jidobaba:

^^God is an oxymoron
how so?
Re: What If I Don't Want Children? by vta2008: 2:41pm On Feb 15, 2010
I'm not a huge fan of kids. I adore them only when they OBEY my every commands to the letter. I just can't tolerate their bitching and whining and moaning etc.

But then as they say NEVER SAY NEVER. I might end up having a change of heart and adopting or having one of my own.

P.S: To get pickin no be by force. If you can't raise a kid properly ABEG NO BORN. I'm tired of seeing bleeped up kids on the streets!

1 Like

Re: What If I Don't Want Children? by dowjones(m): 11:12pm On Aug 06, 2013
I think its absolutely normal to have no desire for children.

Having kids is one thing, Raising kids is another. The world will be a better place if so many people WERE NOT BORN. They add no value or have no substance and depth because thier parents could not set the foundation and/or didnt have what it took to do so.

Not having children might be the most SELFLESS ACT some people might ever make in thier lives as it saves your generation from this worlds bleak future.

1 Like

Re: What If I Don't Want Children? by EfemenaXY: 11:15pm On Aug 06, 2013
exu: Why do people look at you cross eyed when you say you "don't want kids"?  Never understood that.

I realise that some people feel as if they're obliged to get married and have children because that is what is drummed into them from birth.

However, there seem to be a lot of people out there who believe that EVERYONE should get married and EVERYONE should have children.  I'm pretty sure that this "one size fits all" mentality is the root of most of the problems and general discontent we see in society today.

Also, why is it considered selfish to not want children? Surely it is more selfish to desire an extension of yourself in the form of a child.

It's a question of personal choice.

You don't need to have kids if you don't want to. No point bringing them into the world if you can't devote all the love, care, and attention they deserve, to them.

2 Likes

Re: What If I Don't Want Children? by Kanwulia: 9:45am On Aug 07, 2013
mamaput: Its ok if someone dose not want kids.
Same as it is okes for me to say i do not want anymore.
And i do not want to try for a boy.
When my marrage broke up , friends were telling me.
Am still young, i can get married.have more kids,.
I i said no.
I got some stupid answers,"you are not a man" , you cannot stay alone" do you not want a boy".
[size=20pt]Better to have none, than to have one that you do not want.[/size]

I miss this woman!!!! grin
Corrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrect!
Re: What If I Don't Want Children? by tpiar: 5:37pm On Jan 26, 2015
Its not mandatory to have kids @ op.

just ignore the people who you say are asking why you dont want any.

adoption is another option if you want none of your own.

1 Like

Re: What If I Don't Want Children? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 03, 2020
I want to be child free. Who else wants to be child free like me here?

Maybe we can talk if you're female!���. I'm male by the way.

1 Like

Re: What If I Don't Want Children? by sheepheart(f): 5:42pm On Oct 03, 2020
mexican:
I want to be child free. Who else wants to be child free like me here?

Maybe we can talk if you're female!���. I'm male by the way.
Rare kind!
Re: What If I Don't Want Children? by NinaJoy(f): 12:28am On Oct 04, 2020
if you say to my hearing you don't want kids i will definitely give you the stare and also ask y,,this isn't because i judge you,i just honestly want to know y you don't want beautiful beings like Kids,you don't even have to tell me y you don't, and i would probably not even bring the topic up for discussion ever again,,it's your choice..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shari’a Court Adjourns Case Of Marriage Involving Man, Granddaughter In Zamfara / Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships / Woman Delivers Two Sets Of Identical Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.