Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections (56435 Views)

Why We Are Running Away From Our People After Elections – Katsina Speaker / BRT: Lagos Govt Terminates Agreement With Operator / 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by PassingShot(m): 10:58am On Apr 12, 2015
chuna1985:

Igbos deciding to Vote for a certain candidate is now a gang up Lol @ the way some yoruba people reason.

So, Igbo as a block needed to pitch their tent in a battle as that of Lagos guber election?
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by tupacshakur(m): 10:59am On Apr 12, 2015
osikiabu:
Honestly speaking i felt really bad seeing the way the igbos were dragging lagos state with their hosts who has given them everything. I just pray that the yorubas will find a place in their heart to forgive them for the sake of peace and the love of God. And hope the igbos have learnt their leasons. Without any fear or favour I make bold to say that the yorubas are [size=16pt]one of[/size] the best and most tolerant ethnic group in nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Caracta(f): 11:00am On Apr 12, 2015
So many hidden posts. Hian.

Just here to classify the wise, dumb and super-dumb.

Elections are over. Can we live in peace y'all?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by mcquin(m): 11:03am On Apr 12, 2015
jmoore:

Go and tell Obama to resign as President of the USA and go back to Kenya and develop it.

Nonsense!!

In essense you are comparing SE to Kenya and lasgidi to U.S. So una no fit do without lasgidi? No let your brothers hear o.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by mustymatic(m): 11:04am On Apr 12, 2015
Nigeria is BIGGER than Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba,
etc. Nigeria is ONE and we must do
everything possible to live, progress and
succeed as ONE!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Dexema(m): 11:05am On Apr 12, 2015
You would never find the kind of relationship btw igbos and yorubas in lasgidi anywhere else,sometimes its very interesting/comical to watch a yoruba dude attempt to playfully abuse an Ibo dude in his own igbo language and vice versa

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by AjaoMT2: 11:05am On Apr 12, 2015
I think the Igbos need to do some soul searching. Could it be that they are the architect of their own "misfortunes" ? While even the Yorubas, whom the Igbos believe are unreliable, appear to be more objective of recent while the Igbos attitude appear to be questionable. The same South-West that voted GEJ in the last election refused to vote for him this time around. Why? Because they believe that GEJ did not meet their expectation. The voting was not on tribal lines. Do you know that if Jega should contest against Akala for the presidency right now that the Yorubas would vote for Jega and would not use sentiments like "Akala is our son." I believe the SE and SS as well as many of the Igbos in Lagos voted mainly on such sentiments (as well as the news that Mr Presido was in Lagos a week before the elections giving out dollars) and we really need to move on now as a nation. we should not allow the elites to use tribal and religious sentiments to blind us during elections while they continue to rob us blind. The Igbos need to change and be more objective.

17 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by AgentMS: 11:07am On Apr 12, 2015
Why will a whole ethnic group support Stealer Oduah on her [looting] of the national treasury, just bacause '' SHE IS OUR DAUGHTER''.

How shallow can that be. They contributed immensely to GEJ's aborted 2nd term bid.

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by eaglechild: 11:09am On Apr 12, 2015
bakynes:
Igbos in Lagos state you don't have to be scared we are peaceful people just watch your utterances towards the Yorubas on their lands. As for the Oba we totally condemn what he said but in Yoruba land Oba cannot apologize to no one, someone from the palace and our leaders have come out to apologize on his behalf so accept it don't take this matter too far.
But this is a call to all Yorubas, we need to drop our liberal behaviour, and keep our rship with other ethnic groups at arms length especially the igbos, until they reciprocate what we are doing for them here before we allow them freedom here as well.
I just heard on the a program on radio Gov. Rabiu Kwankwanso of Kano has a Yoruba man has commissioner in his cabinet. Until igbos start reciprocating this gesture to other tribes, we have to keep them at arms length and be careful of how we relate with them.
You say the Oba CAN NEVER apologize.
That it is a taboo.

Well I respect your culture, unfortunately that is not an excuse. Not in 2015.

Every tribe has harmful cultural practices that must be done away with.
Giving birth to twins was a taboo in Igbo land.
Burying the king with human heads was a practice amongst some tribes.

No one is infallible under a constitutional democracy.

You cannot wish millions of people death then hide under cultural infallibility.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by netmillionaires(m): 11:09am On Apr 12, 2015
Masterkolade:
The oba is very wrong for making such statement!!! And i think he should apologise...But sentiments has taken this stuff to another level, when asari, tompolo etc made clear threats it wasn't outrightly condemned like this i doubt if i heard of any protest at all.. Pls lets just remove the sentiments associated with this stuff and move on we all know that no one will perish in the "lagoon".
b4 u lash out at the Oba, I will ask U to ponder on some few lines...

During Agbaje campaign, Agbaje promised to elevate the Ndigbo to the level of the Oba of Lagos... It is the same thing as saying I will take over ur monarchy in ur own land and nothing U can do. What ll U do if u are the Oba?

JK said the Igbos will soon become the deputy governor and later governor and finally rule over lagos. Will any Igbo accept a yoruba to even campaign for councillor in Igbo land let alone governor?

U allow someone to come reside with U in lagos and then they gang up and open their mouth to tell U that lagos is a no-man's land. Haba!
I don't have to go on and on. Lagosians are angry. A common yoruba man will get angry let alone an Oba whose throne is been threatened... Ndigbo even made the mistake of going to his palace. To do what? It is a big insult. That gave him the chance to vent his anger and frustration. One thing I like about yorubas is that they are very accommodating but ***

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by hamis4sure: 11:10am On Apr 12, 2015
una better becareful abt politics in lagos. This is not ur land..if any one wants to participate d person should go to his/her State to do it there.
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Simplymeah: 11:10am On Apr 12, 2015
Hehehehehehhe,i can't bliev dis! An ibo waitin on a yoruba 2 bcum a fully evolvd human being...Lagos don rilly try ooo
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by fr3do(m): 11:14am On Apr 12, 2015
jmoore:

Go and tell Obama to resign as President of the USA and go back to Kenya and develop it.

Nonsense!!

One plate of Nkwobi for you

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by fr3do(m): 11:16am On Apr 12, 2015
hamis4sure:
una better becareful abt politics in lagos. This is not ur land..if any one wants to participate d person should go to his/her State to do it there.

Lagos is a capital like Abuja
It isn't property of the Yorubas

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Prof. Yemi Osinbajo Having Breakfast (Photo) / Obi Will Save Us - Victoria Chintex Chanting Before Her Death (Video) / Sokoto Governorship: Results Of Supplementary Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.