Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,387 members, 7,822,799 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Jonathan Exits Creates Excitement Like Abacha's Death. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Exits Creates Excitement Like Abacha's Death. (1079 Views)

Ishaya Bamaiyi: "Nothing Like Abacha Loot, It Is A Media Creation" / Video: Gov. Wike Predicts That Those Who Fight Against Him, Will Die Like Abacha / Abacha's Death And The Tale Of Two Indian Prostitutes (snapshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Exits Creates Excitement Like Abacha's Death. by focus7: 9:09am On May 29, 2015
One particular thing I have observed this transition period that will ends Jonathan tenor is the air of excitement everywhere that at last Nigeria as a country is seeing the last of Jonathan bad government. This reminds of the day Abacha died, I remember the excitement from people everywhere then, one woman exclaimed then that "thank God, He has overcome evil for us". Honestly I noticed that the present excitement is more on the fact that Nigeria is seeing the end of Jonathan regime than Buhari taking over. Your opinion on this is welcome.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Exits Creates Excitement Like Abacha's Death. by 9jalyte: 9:23am On May 29, 2015
Yea? My dear it is because of the collective amnesia suffered by Nigerians that make u say that. Tell me which president left the seat in Nigeria with accolades better than GEJ. If u can go back to ur history, u will find out that in the history of Nigeria, Jonathan is the first president leaving office with his head high, with commendations from Notable personalities.

When Buhari came the first, u guys where happy he removed the "corrupt" Shagari. Tell me what u guys said when he was removed. You were hailing IBB when he came, tell me what u said when he left. Abacha came on a hopeful expectation, tell me what u said when he died. Tell me about Obasanjo and the compare with Jonathan's scenario. He has gone home. You are left alone with ur overflowing bitterness. You can now look for another person to blame for your woes.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Exits Creates Excitement Like Abacha's Death. by resty4(m): 9:32am On May 29, 2015
focus7:
One particular thing I have observed this transition period that will ends Jonathan tenor is the air of excitement everywhere that at last Nigeria as a country is seeing the last of Jonathan bad government. This reminds of the day Abacha died, I remember the excitement from people everywhere then, one woman exclaimed then that "thank God, He has overcome evil for us". Honestly I noticed that the present excitement is more on the fact that Nigeria is seeing the end of Jonathan regime than Buhari taking over. Your opinion on this is welcome.
lier, outgoing ng president,Dr EGJ, saves ds nation frm disintegratn, save lives that wd hv bn massacre by muslims in d north. PGJ wl b remember as a democratic icon, hero n peace lover. True 2 his word "no single ng blood is worth splitting 4 his interest".

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Exits Creates Excitement Like Abacha's Death. by Ewizard(m): 9:45am On May 29, 2015
1 of d most senseless post I've ever cum across in ma entire life...

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Exits Creates Excitement Like Abacha's Death. by Nobody: 9:47am On May 29, 2015
resty4:
lier, outgoing ng president,Dr EGJ, saves ds nation frm disintegratn, save lives that wd hv bn massacre by muslims in d north. PGJ wl b remember as a democratic icon, hero n peace lover. True 2 his word "no single ng blood is worth splitting 4 his interest".
We will pardon you for this post cos I know u were not with ur senses wen u posted this. Go and sin no more!!!
Re: Jonathan Exits Creates Excitement Like Abacha's Death. by babyBB: 10:00am On May 29, 2015
Mr op ur observatns are entirely wrong u need to observe more GEJ did Nigerians a favour.
Re: Jonathan Exits Creates Excitement Like Abacha's Death. by denko(m): 10:10am On May 29, 2015
Even in defeat people still love him your comment is FALSE
Re: Jonathan Exits Creates Excitement Like Abacha's Death. by Nobody: 10:26am On May 29, 2015
He lost the election with 2 million votes , does that mean he's terrible . Think this op is one of Nigeria's problem , never see anything good in anybody, frustrated at your miserable state , looking for who to blame. I tell u, in 2 year time , u will be blaming buhari.
Re: Jonathan Exits Creates Excitement Like Abacha's Death. by zik4ever: 10:28am On May 29, 2015
Nigeria, let’s move on. This obsession with Jonathan cannot help us! He will soon be our ex-President and will continue to earn pensions and other benefits for life. Buhari is the President or will be in less than an hour. Hate him or like him, just pray for him as our President to succeed. It is in our collective interest and that of our children and even of generations yet unborn that he succeeds. For Jonathan, whether you continue to insult him and vilify him won’t help you, me or Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Pro-biafra Group Honours Fallen Heroes - Vangaurd / Bad Death Dream On Buhari And 4 Others / Why Are Nigerians More Concerned About Radio Biafra Instead Of Boko Haram.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.