Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart (1530 Views)

Old Nigerian Couple Kiss, Have Been Married For 45 Years / Lady Discovered Her Boyfriend Of 7 Years Has Been Married For 4 Years / My Husband Passed Me Around Like A Sex-Toy! A Lady Narrates... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart by mustymatic(m): 9:08am On Apr 13, 2015
William 'Wild Bill' Wilson, 93, and Lillian
Karr Wilson, 89, were both Alzheimer's
patients and had to live in separate
nursing homes
But their son Doug often drove Lillian to
see Bill and said he believes they were
able to 'read each other' even when they
had trouble communicating
The couple didn't have their parents'
blessings when they ran off to wed
But they survived a war and many moves
and job changes during marriage
Their shared funeral service will be a
'celebration of life'
Hanging on one 93-year-old man's wall at a
Kentucky nursing home was a photo collage of
him and his wife. It was titled 'Lill & Bill,
together forever'.
That sentiment came true this week when, after
73 years of marriage, William 'Wild Bill' Wilson
and his wife Lillian Karr Wilson died just two
minutes apart from each other.
Both Lillian, 89, and Bill were Alzheimer's
patients and for the last couple of years had to
live in separate nursing homes.
Lillian resided at Richmond Place in Lexington,
while Bill stayed at the Thomson-Hood Veterans
Center in Wilmore.
But on Tuesday their connection proved strong
as ever when one of their sons, Doug, received a
phone call at 3.52am to inform him that his
father had passed away.
Just five minutes later the phone rang again.
Doug said it was his mother's nursing home,
calling with the same sad news.
'We all look at it as a blessing,' Doug told the
Lexington-Herald Leader , 'because we're going
to have one funeral for both of them.'
Doug, 66, believes it will also make it easier for
the family to grieve.
'We’re looking at it as a celebration of life
because they had a great life,' he told the
Washington Post.
The couple first met in Corbin, where they were
both athletes and high school sweethearts.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3035963/Kentucky-couple-married-73-years-pass-away-just-two-minutes-apart.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus

Re: Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart by Fairgodwin(m): 9:09am On Apr 13, 2015
Talk about "happily ever after." Talk about "till death do us apart." And talk about "longevity." And talk about a "model marriage." Talk about "everlasting love." They had it all, and you just can't help but to be happy for them even in death. And moreso, proud of them.
May their ever gentle and loving souls rest in perfect peace, amen.

4 Likes

Re: Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart by DuchessLily(f): 9:12am On Apr 13, 2015
Wow!

Me likey dis kinda story cool
Re: Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart by blackrules1(m): 9:13am On Apr 13, 2015
Romantic.
Re: Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart by chiibekee(f): 9:13am On Apr 13, 2015
Their covenant is very strong. And they must really love each other so dearly.
Re: Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart by mustymatic(m): 9:15am On Apr 13, 2015
DuchessLily:
Wow!

Me likey too
Re: Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart by mustymatic(m): 9:18am On Apr 13, 2015
So romantic
Re: Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart by jnrbayano(m): 9:20am On Apr 13, 2015
DuchessLily:
Wow!

mustymatic:

Me likey too

Common, you two should do something about it.

wink
Re: Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart by jnrbayano(m): 9:27am On Apr 13, 2015
This story is just a needed respite from all these bad stories I often read about marriages on the family section.

With this piece, marriage can be said to be venture-able.

Oh yes!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart by Sexytemi(f): 9:34am On Apr 13, 2015
ouch.....that's so romantic, am sure even in heaven they would cont their love story, pray to have such a lovely happy ending(day dreaming already). wink
Re: Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart by mustymatic(m): 9:39am On Apr 13, 2015
jnrbayano:

Common, you two should do something about it.

wink
E go hard oo my broda
Re: Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart by jnrbayano(m): 9:42am On Apr 13, 2015
mustymatic:

E go hard oo my broda

Why?

Did you try? smiley
Re: Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart by DeHero1: 9:51am On Apr 13, 2015
That's a lasting relationship!
Re: Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart by mizskyhigh: 10:08am On Apr 13, 2015
Love isn't Jack and Rose,its grandma and grandpa who grew old together and in this case,died together! Epic I must say

Btw,in my years of nairalanding as a guest,I've observed that

Lalasticlala is the magic name that pushes topics to front page smiley

Friedplantain is the funny guy who posts intelligent comments on most threads smiley

Rokiatu is the cute Mrs,elegant and classy(no homo) smiley

And mizskyhigh is the newbie who needs a warm welcome!

Followed this really nice thread on job/Vacancies section,tried posting a comment but was told I can't,should try in a week or so,was just wondering if it applies to all newbies...tags: davide470

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart by jnrbayano(m): 10:21am On Apr 13, 2015
mizskyhigh:
Love isn't Jack and Rose,its grandma and grandpa who grew old together and in this case,died together! Epic I must say

Btw,in my years of nairalanding as a guest,I've observed that

Lalasticlala is the magic name that pushes topics to front page smiley

Friedplantain is the funny guy who posts intelligent comments on most threads smiley

Rokiatu is the cute Mrs,elegant and classy(no homo) smiley

And mizskyhigh is the newbie who needs a warm welcome!

Followed this really nice thread on job/Vacancies section,tried posting a comment but was told I can't,should try in a week or so,was just wondering if it applies to all newbies...tags: davide470

As a guest you won't be able know who is "cute, elegant and classy"

How did you do that?
Re: Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart by mizskyhigh: 10:47am On Apr 13, 2015
jnrbayano:

As a guest you won't be able know who is "cute, elegant and classy"

How did you do that?
First I "observed" from people's comment,they seemed to be saying the same thing..."She's pretty/elegant"

After registering,all I did was click on Lalasticlala's name from one of his many topics on front page,realized she's among his "following" and so I clicked and checked! The length we go to confirm things right? Lolz...

A perfect welcome I must say!
Re: Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart by FLAWLES(f): 10:59am On Apr 13, 2015
Good for them
Re: Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart by davide470(m): 11:40am On Apr 13, 2015
mizskyhigh:

Yeah. A measure put in place for people that opens "moniker" anyhow. How are you doing?
Re: Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart by mizskyhigh: 9:35pm On Apr 13, 2015
davide470:
Yeah. A measure put in place for people that opens "moniker" anyhow. How are you doing?
Its okay,will just hold on. I'm fine,thanks for asking. You?
Re: Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart by davide470(m): 6:48am On Apr 14, 2015
mizskyhigh:

Its okay,will just hold on. I'm fine,thanks for asking. You?
Am aiight.

So why did u decide to register ?
Re: Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 14, 2015
So beautiful "dreamy"
Re: Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart by Calebosko(m): 7:17am On Apr 14, 2015
oboy make e enter front page i go cum coment,no be space booking b dis o,take note
Re: Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart by mizskyhigh: 2:53pm On Apr 14, 2015
davide470:
Am aiight.

So why did u decide to register ?
To enjoy the benefits of being a member and contribute my two cents where and when necessarysmiley
Re: Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart by Mariopgomery(m): 3:29pm On Apr 14, 2015
first love is the best love.
can't see this happening with our modern people and their selfish lifestyle.
Re: Couples Married For 72 Years Passed Away 2 Minutes Apart by Mariojane(f): 3:33pm On Apr 14, 2015
that is sooo sweet. they cant live without each oda

(1) (Reply)

Kamasutra Lessons And Facts / Missclasssy Has Deactivated Her Account / Between Water And Tissue Paper Which Do U Prefer To Clean Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.