Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,952 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender (73901 Views)

Ten (10) University With The Fastest Academic Calender 2017 / Ten Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender 2016 / 10 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calendar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by elmisti(m): 12:10am On Apr 14, 2015
Eke40seven:

Fading in what aspect? oxford will always be oxford and Harvard will always be Harvard. same applies to these schools..think about all the ALUMNI in strategic places, they will always favour their alma mater, not to talk of the standard maintained by the current students. Check the rankings too and all. If school is not about books then what's it about?
Good question, the only reason why harvard remains harvard is because of continuity, which u will agree wit me 9ja lacks, Unilag and co ar jst great by what they av done but not what they are doing. And about skul nt bn jst 4 books only, think abt dis "its one thing to be educated, its anoda thing to be schoold"
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by bosun11(m): 12:10am On Apr 14, 2015
fineyemi:
KWASU
UNILORIN
UNIOSUN

You can add yours if you think the listed ones are wrong

uniosun not affected by strike ??
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by bosun11(m): 12:12am On Apr 14, 2015
tommiblack:

No wonder those unillorin can't even write their name correctly at orientation camp.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by humberjade: 12:13am On Apr 14, 2015
Abumadea:

Na Chemistry o. I started pre degree in sept. 2004 after writing Jamb four times. I got admission after my predegree in 2006 after waiting for almost a year b4 admission. I wrote my final paper in 2010 and waited till 2011 b4 being cleared. I went for service Nov. 2011 batch C. It was always from one strike to another, internal and external( ASUU in general). I hear things av changed for the better now.

Heya!! Yours is even better, my friend spent 7 yrs in OOU, studying Mass Comm 4rm 100L. My own story in dat school ehn, na super story, na make man just 4get am.

Anyway sha, dat's wat set OOU apart from it's peers...one will be very lucky to graduate without experiencing at least 3 long strikes.
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by sweet7oyin(m): 12:13am On Apr 14, 2015
elmisti:

When u talk of possibilities, u should know anytn is possible in dis great Nation.....I av frndz deir, and u shld blv to som extent dat OAU neva stat 2014/2015
guy so they have never I mean never
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by elmisti(m): 12:15am On Apr 14, 2015
sweet7oyin:
Hahaha.........I no com knw dat one ooo.....b4 u arrest me too grin
sweet7oyin:
Hahaha.........I no com knw dat one ooo.....b4 u arrest me too
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by odefdave: 12:17am On Apr 14, 2015
UNILORIN of course as they don't join ASUU on their series of endless strike actions.
BUK is also another school with the fastest calendar...GBABE!
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by Eke40seven(m): 12:19am On Apr 14, 2015
elmisti:

Good question, the only reason why harvard remains harvard is because of continuity, which u will agree wit me 9ja lacks, Unilag and co ar jst great by what they av done but not what they are doing. And about skul nt bn jst 4 books only, think abt dis "its one thing to be educated, its anoda thing to be schoold"
So these fast ones are schooled and Unilag and all the other ones I mentioned are not. Okay, let me give you an assignment. If you think they are living on what they have done in the PAST. Go and find out their position on the CURRENT global rankings in relation to other Nigerian universities then come back and tell me your findings. My last reply to you.
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by sweet7oyin(m): 12:24am On Apr 14, 2015
Unilorin..... Rubbish that school that without connection you are just wasting your time....I dnt know why people struggle to go there. Mstchew
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by elmisti(m): 12:31am On Apr 14, 2015
Eke40seven:

So these fast ones are schooled and Unilag and all the other ones I mentioned are not. Okay, let me give you an assignment. If you think they are living on what they have done in the PAST. Go and find out their position on the CURRENT global rankings in relation to other Nigerian universities then come back and tell me your findings. My last reply to you.
No be fight bro, dey will still av globa rankings na, but really dey ar diminishing in quality, I knw unilorin is moving towards a 21st century institution, ask urslf, hw many of dis so cald skulz av added new courses....wch one dem is doin criminology, hw many of d federal mighty skul offers aeronautics engineering......Reply that!
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by abduldope(m): 12:41am On Apr 14, 2015
ojotu4real:

Lol, u sure say na uni b dat ?
lol me sef the tin taya me o 5 gud months for jst 1 semester
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by sweet7oyin(m): 12:45am On Apr 14, 2015
elmisti:

No be fight bro, dey will still av globa rankings na, but really dey ar diminishing in quality, I knw unilorin is moving towards a 21st century institution, ask urslf, hw many of dis so cald skulz av added new courses....wch one dem is doin criminology, hw many of d federal mighty skul offers aeronautics engineering......Reply that!
aeronautics engineering without the equipment and sorry is criminology the study of criminal behavior

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by elmisti(m): 12:52am On Apr 14, 2015
sweet7oyin:
aeronautics engineering without the equipment and sorry is criminology the study of criminal behavior
Let them even start first and improve facilities, dey wnt!......Criminology is a bit mre dan dat.....
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by Barbsjay(m): 1:14am On Apr 14, 2015
m proud to be a UNIOSUNITE...rep college of law.
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by abangaLEE(f): 1:22am On Apr 14, 2015
I wonder why no one has made mention of Lautech
Lautech is the fastest
They finished a semester within 25days
Chaii even lautech goes faster than usain bolt
Speed of light toh bad

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by intergral(m): 1:24am On Apr 14, 2015
fineyemi:
KWASU
UNILORIN
UNIOSUN

Op they no reach ADSU... Students graduate there in 3 years and 2months!!! How better better can it be?
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by beautyamaka25(f): 1:35am On Apr 14, 2015
Unzik
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by emmkid(m): 1:41am On Apr 14, 2015
larride:
Uniosun is also super fast. My peeps are still wondering how our academic calendar and bowen calendar goes hand in hand though the ASUU strike spoilt the calendar. we just resumed second semester 2014/2015 session today.
Wow. i rep Uniosun, college of law, Ifetedo
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by rkarang: 1:50am On Apr 14, 2015
BruzMoney:
FUNAAB is the fastest after UNILORIN at some point FUNAAB nd UNILORIN was running same calendar but because of the ASUU strike they left FUNAAB behind to lead others , I think UNIOSUN is fast too..

Story for the gods

Tell us what is obtainable at present... Stop prevaricating
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by JezCalMeJay(m): 2:21am On Apr 14, 2015
fineyemi:
KWASU
UNILORIN
UNIOSUN

Babcock University... End of second semester now and all the University above are just starting 2nd semester
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by Ekeke1(m): 3:38am On Apr 14, 2015
Caritas university. Startin 2nd semester on monday.
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by Philadelphia: 4:18am On Apr 14, 2015
Chai! Una never know wetin fastest be. It is Babcock University o. My smally is in her final year and she'll be home next week after final second semester exam.
I graduated from Babcock University some years ago and I spent three (3) years for a degree programme that spans four (4) years. I fast tracked my program. Any student of the school can fast-track his/hers as well. Mind you, a one-time youngest Ph.D holder is a graduate of the school. She did her Bachelors, Masters and Ph.D programme there and before the age of 25, she was a Ph.D holder. Just Google " Miss Opeyemi Deborah Sodipe" and see for yourself. But make sure you come back her and quote me, attesting the validity of this information.
BTW, Davido who was one of my smally there and my one time hostel mate is graduating from Babcock University this year. He's graduating with a B.A in Music wink

1 Like

Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by Philadelphia: 4:19am On Apr 14, 2015
JezCalMeJay:

Babcock University... End of second semester now and all the University above are just starting 2nd semester

How you take know? I thought I was the only one who knew.
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by NobleG1(m): 4:40am On Apr 14, 2015
Having "fastest academic calender " is not the issue.
The main issue is that Universities in Nigeria are busy chunking out either half baked or illiterate graduates every year. 80% of "graduates" in Nigeria fall into this category.
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by butanep(m): 4:44am On Apr 14, 2015
Unilorin is fast in academic calendar but slow in productivity. All they care is run up to 2 or 3 semester in a year but the quality of education is poor.
I have seen many unilorin student that can't speak simple English or construct simple sentence. Sometimes I shake my head in shame.

There was a time I went through a friend's note in the school. How will somebody write less than five pages in his or her note and the school is calling for exams.

I better spend five to six years in a school to get quality education and knowledge than spend three year in one school which will turn me to an educated illiterate.
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by Royaltriplee: 5:30am On Apr 14, 2015
[quote author=dollarlander post=32691663]

Bros or sis, how can a graduate that doesn't know how to write a letter managed to enter university in the first place. Is there any university that teaches how to write letter.

Please always think before you dump anything here o. This is not acceptable.

There's nothing better than to enter and finish at the right time.[/quote/u asked if the is any university that teaches how to write letter,well my answer is yes.i was taught in my GSS 102,COURSE TITLE:use of English and communication skills.
Institution:UNICAL
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by NMegaStores: 5:42am On Apr 14, 2015
1. Igbinedion University.
2. Benson Idahosa University.
3. The rest being mentioned on this thread
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by MightySparrow: 5:49am On Apr 14, 2015
sauceny:
Its best a school is slow & ends up producing better graduates,rather than rushing the school calendar & ends up producing a graduate that doesn't know how to write a letter.

Proudly unilorites: fastest and the best.

Better by far
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by walexysos: 6:16am On Apr 14, 2015
fineyemi:
KWASU
UNILORIN
UNIOSUN

the fastest is TASUED
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by fineyemi(m): 6:16am On Apr 14, 2015
JezCalMeJay:

we ar discussing public here nt private
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by Dakat(m): 6:17am On Apr 14, 2015
Uni jos is the opposite, two years. for a session
Re: 3 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calender by fineyemi(m): 6:17am On Apr 14, 2015
walexysos:

the fastest is TASUED
Nt d fastest oga. Do a research

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary / If You Read This Book During Your Primary School, You Should Be Married With Kid / Federal Government Scholarship (fsb 2018) Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.