Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,729 members, 7,851,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:09 PM

What's The Significance Of Marriage Proposal? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's The Significance Of Marriage Proposal? (1347 Views)

Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Boyfriend Of 6 Years / Man Surprises Girlfriend With Marriage Proposal (Photos) / Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Significance Of Marriage Proposal? by Hopez456(m): 5:33pm On Apr 13, 2015
I keep wondering why ladies have to be proposed to. The two, since they are in a relationship should go ahead and plan their wedding instead of visiting a place or planning a sort of big surprise in order to propose. I believe that the ultimate reason for agreeing to a relationship is marriage.
I find it weird and amusing. I seriously need to be tutored on the importance of marriage proposal as I do no have it in my agenda.
Re: What's The Significance Of Marriage Proposal? by falconey(m): 5:36pm On Apr 13, 2015
hmmm ladies love it because its ROMANTIC, they love romance.

Its not compulsory but it is necessary.
Re: What's The Significance Of Marriage Proposal? by Hopez456(m): 5:40pm On Apr 13, 2015
falconey:
hmmm ladies love it because its ROMANTIC, they love romance.

Its not compulsory but it is necessary.
since ladies love it, why then do some of them reject the man's proposal?

1 Like

Re: What's The Significance Of Marriage Proposal? by Dotwillis1(m): 5:43pm On Apr 13, 2015
There aint no big significance..

..Buh those that are doing it are just trying to make the girl feel special

1 Like

Re: What's The Significance Of Marriage Proposal? by falconey(m): 5:43pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hopez456:
since ladies love it, why then do some of them reject the man's proposal?

I am not in the right position to answer that, I don't have boobs, butt and punny.
Re: What's The Significance Of Marriage Proposal? by ronald4lif(m): 5:43pm On Apr 13, 2015
To be honest I don't know the significant of marriage proposal, baby shower etc etc that I keep reading everywhere. What matters is how long will the marriage last and how prepared are the parent to bring up the child in the most suitable way. Not after all this the marriage hit the rocks in a few years. Or the child ends up hawking wares on the streets without attaining a degree. My dad never proposed to my mom, they lived happily and they never had a baby shower on me and so?

I guess people are just bored and the quest/seeking of attention makes them explore ways to keep it lively.

Oh well. We just have to play along when it get to our turn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Significance Of Marriage Proposal? by naijaboiy: 5:49pm On Apr 13, 2015
ronald4lif:
To be honest I don't know the signifance of marriage proposal, baby shower etc etc that I keep reading everywhere. What matters is how long with the marriage last and how prepared are the parent to bring up the child in the most suitable way. My dad never proposed to my mom, they lived happily and so? Not after all this the marriage hit the rocks in a few years. Or the child ends up hawking wares on the streets without attaining a degree.

I guess people are just bored and seeking of attention makes them explore ways to keep it lively.

i guess that's what the married guys also said when they were still single. grin
Re: What's The Significance Of Marriage Proposal? by Ezibless: 5:54pm On Apr 13, 2015
Marraige proposal is just a simple question to be certain that your partner is willing to settle down with you. It mustn't be done in the usual conenvtional way y'knw.

Many people date for different reasons and to some,marraige isn't part of it and that's where a proposal is important.

Imagine dating a ladiy that takes you as her ATM and one day you just showed up in her father's compound with your ''community''cheesy. Believe me,she'd be the first to ask you what you're looking for grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Significance Of Marriage Proposal? by Hopez456(m): 5:56pm On Apr 13, 2015
falconey:

I am not in the right position to answer that, I don't have boobs, butt and punny.
lol.
Re: What's The Significance Of Marriage Proposal? by ronald4lif(m): 6:00pm On Apr 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

i guess that's what the married guys also said when they were still single. grin

Quite so. A lot of guys just do these things to please their to-be wives. Left for a lot of men the flamboyant weddings, marriage proposal surprises, or the baby shower won't be making the news. It's mainly done for attention seeking. Anyways.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Significance Of Marriage Proposal? by Hopez456(m): 6:05pm On Apr 13, 2015
Ezibless:
Marraige proposal is just a simple question to be certain that your partner is willing to settle down with you.

Many people date for different reasons and to some,marraige isn't part of it and that's where a proposal is important.

Imagine dating a ladiy that takes you as her ATM and one day you just showed up in her father's compound with your ''community''cheesy. Believe me,she's be the first to ask you what you're looking for grin
Hmm, I Still find it absurd dating someone for years and later on proposing to her. The man I am Sure must have been mentioning it to her that one day they would be married , with that I think a lady that's not dating with the aim of marriage should gently tell the man so that They can part ways amicably than for the man to go out and embarrass himself in d name of marriage proposal.
Re: What's The Significance Of Marriage Proposal? by Hopez456(m): 6:11pm On Apr 13, 2015
ronald4lif:
To be honest I don't know the signifant of marriage proposal, baby shower etc etc that I keep reading everywhere. What matters is how long will the marriage last and how prepared are the parent to bring up the child in the most suitable way. Not after all this the marriage hit the rocks in a few years. Or the child ends up hawking wares on the streets without attaining a degree. My dad never proposed to my mom, they lived happily and they had a baby shower on me and so?

I guess people are just bored and seeking of attention makes them explore ways to keep it lively.

I ain't going to play along o. To me It's unafrican. Imagine proposing to ur lady in the mall and she rejecting ur proposal. too bad!
Re: What's The Significance Of Marriage Proposal? by Dygeasy(m): 6:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
The same thing answers the question of why you have to keep impressing your wife. Aren't you already married? Exactly!

I wouldn't propose to any lady if I wasn't sure she'd say yes but I would still propose. In fact possibly before hundreds of people. Why? To make her feel special. It's all due to a little thing called ROMANCE.

1 Like

Re: What's The Significance Of Marriage Proposal? by ronald4lif(m): 6:14pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hopez456:
I ain't going to play along o. To me It's unafrican. Imagine proposing to ur lady in the mall and she rejecting ur proposal. too bad!

Lol! Well, I'll fulfill it as it has become a tradition. Not that I like the idea.

1 Like

Re: What's The Significance Of Marriage Proposal? by Ezibless: 6:18pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hopez456:
Hmm, I Still find it absurd dating someone for years and later on proposing to her. The man I am Sure must have been mentioning it to her that one day they would be married , with that I think a lady that's not dating with the aim of marriage should gently tell the man so that They can part ways amicably than for the man to go out and embarrass himself in d name of marriage proposal.

For the fact that he MENTIONED it at all is enough. ''proposal'' is juat another English word.
The thing is,he should just make his intention clear while ''mentioning'' it.

And eeerrrmmm.... It's just when you take her to an expensive eatry,get a pianist,kneel down e.t.c that one proposes.
Re: What's The Significance Of Marriage Proposal? by Hopez456(m): 6:22pm On Apr 13, 2015
Dygeasy:
The same thing answers the question of why you have to keep impressing your wife. Aren't you already married? Exactly!

I wouldn't propose to any lady if I wasn't sure she'd say yes but I would still propose. In fact possibly before hundreds of people. Why? To make her feel special. It's all due to a little thing called ROMANCE.
I think impressing one's wife after marriage is a different thing entirely. Ok, as u said, one is very Sure that the bride to be will agree to the proposal and surprisingly she said No in the full glare of hundreds of people. Human beings are complex in nature.
Re: What's The Significance Of Marriage Proposal? by Hopez456(m): 6:27pm On Apr 13, 2015
Ezibless:

For the fact that he MENTIONED it at all is enough. ''proposal'' is juat another English word.
The thing is,he should just make his intention clear while ''mentioning'' it.

And eeerrrmmm.... It's just when you take her to an expensive eatry,get a pianist,kneel down e.t.c that one proposes.

I quite understand You ma, Hope u know some ladies Still say NO despite all the mentioning s?
Re: What's The Significance Of Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hopez456:
I keep wondering why ladies have to be proposed
to. The two, since they are in a relationship should
go ahead and plan their wedding instead of visiting a place or planning a sort of big surprise in order to
propose. I believe that the ultimate reason for
agreeing to a relationship is marriage.
I find it weird and amusing. I seriously need to be tutored on the importance of marriage proposal as I do no have it in my agenda.
When you're in a relationship, you're just in a relationship. Trying to get to know each other and find out how compatible you both are, for eventual marriage. It isn't a sure banker that relationships lead to marriage.

A lot of people date more than 10 ladies before they finally find the one they are really willing to spend the rest of their life with. And because of the significance and importance of finding the one, care has to be taken to make her proposal worth it. This is because of the sentiments it carries. It'll forever remain indelible in their memories.

Fvck the nonsense most people say. Finding a woman that really loves you for who and what you are these days is very fvcking rare. I for one will want to always keep her smiling. One way to do that is to make sure she smiles and even shed tears when she remembers the way I proposed to her! A happy woman is a happy home. Being romantic is for your own good. Those little things make a woman happy. . . If you wanna be happy, you keep her happy.

People keep mentioning "our forefathers" and "how they did things" as it that carries any significant weight of importance. . . The world keeps evolving. How you think that it is acceptable to propose the way your forefathers did, really beats the crap out of me. If your forefathers were raised from the dead right now and made to be 30 years old again, and thrown into this present world, they'll be as clueless as the man who said "america will know" when asked to chyke or toast a lady as the case may be! Because the world has moved on from archaicness.

Unless ofcourse there's a kind of hidden chip in your head, and in the head of the lady you recently met, that allows you both to sniff the air and automatically know you both are supposed to get married.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Significance Of Marriage Proposal? by naijaboiy: 6:44pm On Apr 13, 2015
All these talks about making a woman feel special.

We men go out of our way to do so many things just to impress the woman we love.

But what do they do in return? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Significance Of Marriage Proposal? by Hopez456(m): 7:00pm On Apr 13, 2015
Blackett:
When you're in a relationship, you're just in a relationship. Trying to get to know each other and find out how compatible you both are, for eventual marriage. It isn't a sure banker that relationships lead to marriage.

A lot of people date more than 10 ladies before they finally find the one they are really willing to spend the rest of their life with. And because of the significance and importance of finding the one, care has to be taken to make her proposal worth it. This is because of the sentiments it carries. It'll forever remain indelible in their memories.

Fvck the nonsense most people say. Finding a woman that really loves you for who and what you are these days is very fvcking rare. I for one will want to always keep her smiling. One way to do that is to make sure she smiles and even shed tears when she remembers the way I proposed to her! A happy woman is a happy home. Being romantic is for your own good. Those little things make a woman happy. . . If you wanna be happy, you keep her happy.

People keep mentioning "our forefathers" and "how they did things" as it that carries any significant weight of importance. . . The world keeps evolving. How you think that it is acceptable to propose the way your forefathers did, really beats the crap out of me. If your forefathers were raised from the dead right now and made to be 30 years old again, and thrown into this present world, they'll be as clueless as the man who said "america will know" when asked to chyke or toast a lady as the case may be! Because the world has moved on from archaicness.

Unless ofcourse there's a kind of hidden chip in your head, and in the head of the lady you recently met, that allows you both to sniff the air and automatically know you both are supposed to get married.

One way to do that is to make sure she smiles and even shed tears when she remembers the way I proposed to her! A happy woman is a happy home. Being romantic is for your own good. Those little things make a woman happy. . . If you wanna be happy, you keep her happy.
I Don't think marriage proposal is the only way to make a woman happy. There are couples who had glamorous marriage proposal and wedding yet They ain't happy.
Re: What's The Significance Of Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hopez456:

I Don't think marriage proposal is the only way to make a woman happy. There are couples who had glamorous marriage proposal and wedding yet They ain't happy.
I didn't say it's the only way. I said "one way".

Did I type that in german?
Re: What's The Significance Of Marriage Proposal? by Ezibless: 7:25pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hopez456:
I quite understand You ma, Hope u know some ladies Still say NO despite all the mentioning s?

Ofcause na. Lol
That's why i said some people date for other reasons aside marraige
Re: What's The Significance Of Marriage Proposal? by akinsadeez(m): 7:31pm On Apr 13, 2015
naijaboiy:
All these talks about making a woman feel special.

We men go out of our way to do so many things just to impress the woman we love.

But what do they do in return? undecided

Good question.

Well, their answer is always that they give you men sex. In other words, since you have the 'privilege' of sleeping with them, then you are obligated to do all those things to impress them.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Without Men... / Kano Lady Gets A Husband After Begging On Radio / She Has A Boyfriend And Still Ask For Money From Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.