Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,369 members, 7,954,499 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:30 PM

Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government (38750 Views)

I Expect Buhari Incoming Government To Fix Fuel Saga In 7 Days-ifeduba / Buhari's Incoming Government Will Not Be In The Business of Witch-Hunting People / Highlights Of 2015 APC Campaign Promises In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by tbaba1234: 10:16am On Apr 14, 2015
Bawss1:

How soon is soon? Do you know how long it takes to commission a new refinery? I can cassure you that given the state of the government owned refineries fixing them will take a considerable amount of time.

Definitely not five years.

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by Demdem(m): 10:17am On Apr 14, 2015
How i wish Jonah-daft can just leave that seat tomorrow and allow the General to commence work immediately.
Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by spenca: 10:18am On Apr 14, 2015
Item 14 (There will be tightening of the tax noose but no tax rate hikes/FIRS will be strengthened and the LASG IGR template will be adopted at the national level
)only tells us Babatunde Willis Fower will head the FIRS team !#success

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 14, 2015
tbaba1234:
Very very interesting....

I thought the GEJ did absolutely nothing for the country like most were made to believe. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by superior1: 10:19am On Apr 14, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Brother, it is practical. A budget can be passed in less than three weeks. This current budget belongs to GEJs government and GEJs government should not pass a budget that Buhari cannot work with. Thats the point. It is better that Buhari passes the budget three weeks after he commences than work with a budget that does not conform with his expenditure and revenue plan. I don't know if you get what I'm talking about?

Pass budget in 3 weeks?, quit displaying your ignoramuses
Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by gmoni2(m): 10:20am On Apr 14, 2015
This is th best time to remove subsidy when the price of oil is low
Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by Tekzyflex(m): 10:20am On Apr 14, 2015
GEJ surrounded himself with Evil men that are corrupt to the core. GMB should learn from that and do away with corrupt persons in his cabinet. Naija will be great again.

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by tbaba1234: 10:22am On Apr 14, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

I thought the GEJ did absolutely nothing for the country like most were made to believe. undecided

The problem with GEJ was simple, the failures were more than the successes. Modest achievements were called revolutions like in the agric sector.

7 Likes

Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by Jowonloju(m): 10:22am On Apr 14, 2015
Yes, this is the kind of government i can pray for God to encourage, not the one that does not have a direction.
Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by kinibigdeal(m): 10:23am On Apr 14, 2015
I thought APC said jonathan has failed in the area of agriculture!! They strongly criticize him when he made attempt to remove oil subsidy. He wanted to deregulate the power sector but he met a lot of sabotage!! Why criticize a government when you know same policy might work for you. From all the listed manifestos, I saw nothing different except the area of power!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by Sweetguy25: 10:23am On Apr 14, 2015
tbaba1234:

In the history of Nigeria's democracy, when has a budget been passed in 3 weeks.

A budget hasn't been passed in 3 weeks because of the selfish interest of legislators. A budget can easily passed in three weeks. Its not a big deal!

2 Likes

Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by tbaba1234: 10:25am On Apr 14, 2015
Sweetguy25:

A budget hasn't been passed in 3 weeks because of the selfish interest of legislators. A budget can easily passed in three weeks. Its not a big deal!

Ok, Just in case, you have forgotten, we are talking about Nigeria.
Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by Sweetguy25: 10:28am On Apr 14, 2015
tbaba1234:

Ok, Just in case, you have forgotten, we are talking about Nigeria.

Buhari has promised to "change" Nigeria. He should start with that.

4 Likes

Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by PassingShot(m): 10:28am On Apr 14, 2015
cold:
The APC will be the majority in the house in the next dispensation. So passing the budget shouldn't be that much of a bottleneck after finetuning certain grey areas. Abeg October seems like eternity to begin to see any changes. Buhari this is not what we agreed na,you promised to hit the ground running. Lately i've noticed how you've been lowering expectations with anecdotes like 'i am not a miracle worker', 'i can't promise to find the girls', 'i can't promise to end boko haram in two months' etc,etc.
This is a complete turn around for someone who vowed to send down fire from heaven to cleanse the entire country and turn it into a paradise. Anyways, we'll be watching and listening with rapt attention. In any event,i still want you to do well because at the end of the day,a prosperous Nigeria will still be to the greater good of all Nigerians and by extension,Africa.

I would have ignored you but for seeing that your intention may be genuine.

For the record, Buhari never promised to bring back the girls during his campaign. Though he promised to end the Boko Haram insurgency within "few months" and not the two months being peddled around.

Another lie being peddled is that he said he will make naira equal in value to the dollar. We have challenged anyone with a remote evidence supporting this claim but not a single soul has brought anything reasonable forward.

We should patriotically judge GMB's regime based on his promises and not on lies and propaganda.

A certainty is that Buhari regime will outperform his predecessors put together.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by Demdem(m): 10:29am On Apr 14, 2015
Arysexy:
11. While power reform has been commendable, and will continue, the approach will change. Transmission will be deregulated, regionalized and privatized in order to break down centralized transmission; issues of gas supply to Gencos will be addressed but the new government believes that DISCOs are the biggest bottlenecks presently; the government plan to add-on 4,000 MW of power every year and expect that output will be a minimum of 12,000 MW at the end of term of this mandate

The above can only be a tall dream. I repeat a tall dream.

Quote me after 2019. The same mistake Goodluck made.

Under estimate d rot in power industry at ur detriment.

The transmission infrastructure can't even carry 5000MW of power and this is a highly capital intensive aspect of power generation, transmission and distribution.

Buhari just exposed himself too early

Does this makes sense to u at all?

Transmission will be deregulated, regionalized and privatized in order to break down centralized transmission

2 Likes

Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by tbaba1234: 10:30am On Apr 14, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Buhari has promised to "change" Nigeria. He should start with that.

And he is still an Executive president not a legislator.
Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by bettercreature(m): 10:31am On Apr 14, 2015
cold:
The APC will be the majority in the house in the next dispensation. So passing the budget shouldn't be that much of a bottleneck after finetuning certain grey areas. Abeg October seems like eternity to begin to see any changes. Buhari this is not what we agreed na,you promised to hit the ground running. Lately i've noticed how you've been lowering expectations with anecdotes like 'i am not a miracle worker', 'i can't promise to find the girls', 'i can't promise to end boko haram in two months' etc,etc.
This is a complete turn around for someone who vowed to send down fire from heaven to cleanse the entire country and turn it into a paradise. Anyways, we'll be watching and listening with rapt attention. In any event,i still want you to do well because at the end of the day,a prosperous Nigeria will still be to the greater good of all Nigerians and by extension,Africa.
You got it,they shouldnt believe they are safe,2019 is just around the corner though octomber is not bad even 2018 as long as they fulfill their promises

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by menesheh(m): 10:32am On Apr 14, 2015
jaybee3:
Removing subsidy is necessary but it has to be done within a reasonable time due to sensitivity and undue hardship it may bring to the common man.

They probably have to get the refineries working first then systematically remove it as promised

I like the realistic power generation target as it can be easily measured year on year

This is a no-brainer:
"7. A very LEAN government is the focus; this will involve resolving overlapping and redundant MDAs; largely in line with the Steve Oronsaye presidential committee report; this report was available to GEJ’s government but the will to implement it was absent"

Deregulation first b4 refinery which will be steer by private sector, if govt build refinery without Deregulation first to allow private investment in building refinery in conjunction with either govt or other collaborations, we'll be back to square one where govt will still control the hem of affairs in the oil sector which invite corruption.

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by sonofspada(m): 10:34am On Apr 14, 2015
Good good good.. buh someone has to go to jail undecided
Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by ib2015: 10:34am On Apr 14, 2015
We have heard these sweet stories before.....nothing new. We will judge this government mid 2017.
It is either they getva pass mark or a fail.

They have no excuse. Senate, House of reps, more states na them get am.

Change!
Change!!
Change!!!
That is what we need, not more sweet stories of how to....
Just get it done.

Stop the GEJ blame too....afterall, the guy is out of the way.

2 Likes

Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by Bawss1(m): 10:36am On Apr 14, 2015
tbaba1234:

Definitely not five years.

Your brand of optimism verges on the unreal. You mean to tell me that you believe that fixing the four existing refineries back to full capacity and building news ones, all in a bid to improve our local refining capacity can be done in less than 5 years?

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by 989900: 10:38am On Apr 14, 2015
Getting the existing refineries to peak performance should be priority.

Shouldn't take long.

OTOH, making sure electric power is fixed progressively (religiously), would also reduce fuel consumption.
Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by Bimpe29: 10:38am On Apr 14, 2015
May God bless GMB led presidency the wisdom, sincerity and unity of purpose, as well as long live, sound health and all that is required to efficiently and effectively pilot the affairs of this nation to the promise land.
Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by Sweetguy25: 10:39am On Apr 14, 2015
This whole blueprint is just filled with daydreams.

1. 1.The cardinal agenda of the government and their over-arching themes will be SECURITY, CORRUPTION and UN-EMPLOYMENT; they believe that corruption has a very strong negative link to both security and un-employment.

I honestly don’t believe that corruption has a strong negative link to insecurity and unemployment. That’s my opinion

3. A cabinet will be announced very quickly, within one week of inauguration; anyone with a whiff of corruption or other tainting will not be on the cabinet; GMB’s body language will reflect zero tolerance for corruption.

Another anti-corruption talk that makes no sense. Although, we all want to see corruption reduced in Nigeria but You can’t develop Nigeria if all you want to do is fight corruption. It will be counter productive.

4. Emphasized that the APC is not a conclave of cardinals but includes the good, the bad and the ugly; in Nigeria, the bad and the ugly can be the biggest electoral assets but GMB’s government will not interfere with law enforcement agencies or the judiciary even if APC members are involved
Ok. But the bad and ugly were instrumental to success of the APC at the polls. They will want their dividends and profits at the end. How will they be paid without being involved in corrupt practices.

5. The VP elect, did a lot of work as commissioner of justice in LASG and will bring this to a major revamp of the judiciary to complement anti-corruption drive and the rule of law; he will also anchor the economic committee

Another anti-corruption mantra.

6. The new government will continue with some of the programmes in the GEJ administration, which were successful, for example Agriculture, but there will be a stronger collaboration between FGN and the states
Initially, the APC never saw anything good with GEJ's government.

7. A very LEAN government is the focus; this will involve resolving overlapping and redundant MDAs; largely in line with the Steve Oronsaye presidential committee report; this report was available to GEJ’s government but the will to implement it was absent

GEJ was about to implement the report with the 2015 budget, don't say he didnt have the political will. Thats silly.

8. Rather than strengthen key anti-corruption agencies like EFCC, ICPC and SFI, these are likely to be consolidated and a single entity will be made more effective

Another anti-corruption story.

9. Believe that CBN is getting over-burdened by developmental finance issues, at the expense of its core objectives; this will be changed
Pure lie. The central bank is an independent institution filled with experienced professionals, they should be left to do their job.

10. Subsidy on petroleum products will certainly go and the industry will be reformed as a matter of priority in order to attract new investments

Can we now see, Buhari wants to end the subsidy that GEJ wanted to end, which you refused to let him do.

11. While power reform has been commendable, and will continue, the approach will change. Transmission will be deregulated, regionalized and privatized in order to break down centralized transmission; issues of gas supply to Gencos will be addressed but the new government believes that DISCOs are the biggest bottlenecks presently; the government plan to add-on 4,000 MW of power every year and expect that output will be a minimum of 12,000 MW at the end of term of this mandate

Another daydream. The transmission sector is not too attractive for investment. Anyone who's conversant with the power sector should know this.

12. Think tank detailed work indicate that N3 trillion in savings can come out of plugged leakages; believe that the employment drive will be private sector led

Think tanks talk nonsense all the time. What proof and facts do you have that you save 3 trillion naira by plugging leakages.

13. The government will allow market forces to prevail, including foreign exchange; debunked the view that GMB will use fiat to fix the exchange rate; however the government will keenly seek to protect the more economically vulnerable segments of the society

Thats whats expected of a democratic government. Duh.

14. There will be tightening of the tax noose but no tax rate hikes/FIRS will be strengthened and the LASG IGR template will be adopted at the national level

I'm hoping to see how this goes.

15. While the infrastructure gap requires huge capital outlay which the government does not have, a master-plan will be developed; a situation where the recurrent budget is almost 80% and capital budget only 20% is not acceptable…(it does not appear detailed work has been done here….for example, they believe that un-employment is partly due to lack of skilled labour and hope to more actively engage the academic community to train for these skills…..but the tertiary institutions will need to be massively upgraded before they can compete )

They should tell us where the money will come from to train these people. According to statistics, there are about 60 million illiterates in Nigeria.

16. Advised that we read the APC manifesto, available on the website and also, the Steve Oronsaye report

The manifesto still doesn't make sense.

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by ngoziama: 10:40am On Apr 14, 2015
tbaba1234:

http://economyandpoliticsng.com/news/26640/Highlights-of-the-approach-of-Muhammad-Buhari-Incoming-Government-Proshare

I have never been so much in support of the Apc but having read this, I believe that the buhari I know has got the willl power to implement this.All I ask of you is to carry every tribe along and ensure round pegs are put in round holes.All I want is a better nigeria.I thank God for everything because if Gej who is a good man had returned, people like dieziani would have continued the looting from where she stooped.Buhari is the president and god father so here we go Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by mightycrown1(m): 10:43am On Apr 14, 2015
[size=18pt] ONE BEAUTIFUL THING ABOUT THIS BABA IS THAT HE WONT DISCRIMINATE; EVEN IF THE OPPOSITION HAVE A LAUDABLE PROGRAM THAT WILL MOVE THE NATION FORWARD; BABA WONT HESITATE TO IMPLEMENT IT.
WE COUNT ON YOU BABA, THE MASSES ARE WAITING TO SEE YOU PROVE THOSE THAT THOUGHT YOU CANT MAKE A CHANGE WRONG.
WE THANK YOU GOD FOR GIVING US GMB
NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN BY THE GRACE OF GOD [/size]

1 Like

Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by anirich2014(m): 10:43am On Apr 14, 2015
is likely that the massaih of Nigeria is come, if he can do all this. But let seek for assistance of God. because he can't do unless with the will of God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by Sweetguy25: 10:44am On Apr 14, 2015
tbaba1234:

And he is still an Executive president not a legislator.

His party controls a majority in the legislature plus he has the support of the incumbent president.
Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by hush15: 10:44am On Apr 14, 2015
modelmike7:
GMB has got the Clue . . . Just surround yourself with purposeful peeps and everything will fall into pleasant places. Nigeria shall be great again.

Nigerians can be really so annoyin, so GMB and his administration could applaud some Jonathan achievements such as Power and Agriculture, yet condemned the man at every opportunity, always ranting the man didn't do anything....

2 Likes

Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by delta234: 10:46am On Apr 14, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
That LASG Model for IGR sefff
That means we will have to pay through our a*us.....
And will ALPHA BETA be collecting their percentage just like in Lagos State??
Re: Highlights Of The Approach Of Muhammad Buhari's Incoming Government by drnoel: 10:49am On Apr 14, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Exposes Buhari's 'Next Level' Plagiarism, Copied From Kelly Costner / Which Is The Best HMO In Nigeria? / The Grenade Of A Security Personnel Exploded Not A Suicide Bomber - EBSG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.