Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,258 members, 7,864,351 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:33 PM

Uduaghan, Deltans Celebrate Okowa’s Victory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uduaghan, Deltans Celebrate Okowa’s Victory (756 Views)

Obaseki, Ikpeazu, Uduaghan & Ayiri Emami At Pinnick's Thanksgiving In Warri / 'Uduaghan Must Go To Jail' Protest At Delta State Government House (Pics) / Throwback Photo Of Okowa Ibori & Uduaghan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Uduaghan, Deltans Celebrate Okowa’s Victory by comrodioodio20: 4:33am On Apr 14, 2015
By FIDELIS EGUGBO

It was spontaneous jubilation by members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) led by the Governor of Delta State, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan as Senator Ifeanyi Okowa was declared Governor-elect by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
Governor Uduaghan and key members of the party had gathered at the residence of Senator Okowa as early as 7.30 am yesterday glued to the television set awaiting the announcement of the result and at exactly 10.05 am, Governor Uduaghan raised the chorus ‘mma mma’ singing praises to God at the pronouncement of Senator Okowa as the Governor-elect.
Speaking at the occasion, Governor Uduaghan said it was a historic day for Senator Okowa and thanked God that the state witnessed a peaceful electoral process, while praying that the transition process would also be hitch-free.
““It was a total victory for all Deltans”, Governor Uduaghan said.
At the occasion, Senator Okowa, whose message was laced with praises to God, thanked Deltans for his election as Governor, assuring that he will run an all-inclusive government.
“This victory is for all Deltans, it shows that we are united, I congratulate my co-contestants and I want to plead with them to join hands with me to build a greater Delta”, Senator Okowa said, adding, “there are no winners or losers in this election, Delta State is the winner”.
Continuing, he said, “we will accommodate the views of everybody so as to take the state to greater heights, I, therefore, want to call on all Deltans to partner with us in the development of our state as it belongs to all of us.”
The Governor-elect, who won 21 local government areas out of the 25 local government areas of the state, thanked Governor Uduaghan and other party faithful for their contributions to his victory, asserting, “I want to thank the present administration for laying the foundation for a greater Delta State, it is my prayer that we will continue to build on the legacies of the PDP-led administrations and provide efficient services for our people”.
Senator Okowa emphasised that a united Delta State cannot be compromised.
Meanwhile, reactions have continued to trail the emergence of Senator Okowa as the Senator-elect of Delta State.
The member representing Ndokwa/Ukwuani Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives, Hon. Ossai Nicholas Ossai said, “this is a good victory for the entire Delta State, I was confident that the PDP will win”, adding, “he is very experienced and he will handle satisfactorily, affairs of technocrats and politicians in the state and he will develop the three Senatorial Districts of the state without bias”.
Secretary to the Delta State Government, Comrade Ovuozorie Macaulay stated, “we know the PDP will always win in Delta State, those who lost in the Presidential elections lost woefully in this state elections but, I can tell you, the Governor-elect will carry everybody along”, while Chief Ken Olise stated, “this is victory for all Deltans, Senator Okowa is not just a grassroots politician but, someone who knows all about the state, he will perform beyond expectations.”
To Navy Commander Idah Azubuike (rtd), “we are all elated because, it is victory for all, the best man for the job won, losers should join hands and work in the interest of Deltans because, government is like an Elephant, no single man can finish the meat”.
Secretary to the Medical Committee of the Senator Okowa campaign organisation, Dr. Nelson Ejakpovi stated that it was an expected victory, “we are confident that Delta State will remain a PDP state, Senator Okowa, is experienced and his years of being in governance is appreciated by all Deltans.”
The Commissioner for Environment in Delta State, Hon. Frank Omare observed, “this victory is fundamental to us as PDP members, the Governor of Delta State, Dr. Uduaghan gave us a direction all the way and we thank God for giving us a Governor who made us to crush opposition in the state, Senator Okowa as Governor will not give us less in governance, he knows what is good for the people.”
The first Majority Leader in Delta State, Hon. Aneke Ifemeni, reiterated, “the victory was not unexpected, this is a PDP state and I expect a government that will not believe in marginalisation or work based on gossips, Senator Okowa is going to be one of the best Governors Delta has ever produced”.

Re: Uduaghan, Deltans Celebrate Okowa’s Victory by liveyourlife: 5:13am On Apr 14, 2015
That Teeth sha.
Re: Uduaghan, Deltans Celebrate Okowa’s Victory by tyson99(m): 5:28am On Apr 14, 2015
liveyourlife:
That Teeth sha.
Eyin Goro grin

(1) (Reply)

Apga Drops Coffin In Aba, Intimidates Pdp / Photos Of Rescued Females From Sambisa Forest / AIT Should Appologise To Peoples GENERAL.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.