Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,446 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Amaechi Replies Obanikoro: I Will Not Congratulate Wike, It’s Daylight Robbery - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Replies Obanikoro: I Will Not Congratulate Wike, It’s Daylight Robbery (37864 Views)

Buhari Will Not Congratulate Dickson – Lai Mohammed / Alhassan Rejects Taraba Governorship Election Results, Calls It Daylight Robbery / I Will Not Congratulate General Buhari - Donald Ekpo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Replies Obanikoro: I Will Not Congratulate Wike, It’s Daylight Robbery by StepG: 9:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
Marvin67:
APC should just forget Rivers and tell Amaechi to move on. The truth is Amaechi is very popular in Rivers, but he's popular for the wrong reason. People see him as a betrayal to a fellow Niger Deltan. The context in Rivers wasn't between PDP and APC (APC is almost non-existent in Rivers, because the entire political machinery in Rivers is PDP). The context was between the entire PDP machinery against Amaechi. There was no way Amaechi would have gotten anything out of the Rivers battle.

I'm not denying that there were no irregulaties. Yes, there were irregularities, but the truth is a party can only rig an election where it is the most popular party. I think the irregularities was not to make PDP win, (PDP would surely win Rivers), the irregularities were simply to pass some messages to Amaechi that he's not as popular as he think is, he doesn't have the love of the people as much as he thinks, and he doesn't have control of the state as much as he thinks he does.
right
Re: Amaechi Replies Obanikoro: I Will Not Congratulate Wike, It’s Daylight Robbery by sarenadafiri: 11:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
[b]What about the fact Gov. Amaechi fought against GEJ's removal of Crude Oil wells from Rivers State. Gov. Amaechi was fighting for the Rivers People. If Gov. Amaechi stood with GEJ after he took Oil wells from Rivers State, he would have gained a lot from GEJ. But, Gov. Amaechi stood and fought for the same Rivers People who hate him.

Gov. Amaechi contributed so much to the development of Rivers State, especially Port-Harcout.

From his teachers training and employment, TIMARIV that created jobs for graduates without employment,
Development of the Dental Hospital at Garrison,
The turnaround development of Public Schools in Rivers State,
Agip Junction Flyover,
Ada George Road,
NTA Road,
Rumokoro to Elele Road,
The New Stadium at Omagwa,
Iwofe Road,
He moved UPTH to their permanent site,
Developed New Mile One clinic and Many more.

GEJ and his cohorts wasted money for generations to come, pardoned embezzlers, left our troops unarmed in harm's way, allowed the growth of Boko Haram that led to loss of tens of thousand lives.

Yet the Rivers People hate Gov. Amaechi and like GEJ, Patience and one of GEJ's corrupt cohorts Wike.

Baffling.

https://www.nairaland.com/2255172/ameachi-didnt-betray-jonathan-it/1#32715899
[/b]

Please, Amaechi boldly owed Rivers workers salary for 6 months and and brazenly lied that he had paid and if anyone says it's a lie, they should come out boldly to the press and say that he had not paid. He only paid 3 months' salary I believe less than a month to the presidential elections.
He knew the civil servants were afraid of him.
They still remember the things that happened under gov. Odili and remember that he was alleged to be the one organizing the militants and cult boys for Odili when political figures were being killed.

Governor Amaechi was elected in Rivers State to take charge of the affairs of the state, not to spend our money on a national fight we did not send him to fight.

He has been a failure.

2 years ago, the universities went on strike for a protracted period over =N=100billion which the federal govt said it did not have.

The same Amaechi spent =N=150billion on that monorail project in Rivers state that we all can see starts at Logos bus stop and ends before the mile 1 flyover, a distance that costs =N=50 either by taxi or by bus.

Rivers state has really not been blessed by great governors from 1999 till now.

And Amaechi has been crapy before he became governor, and he has proven that he has not changed. Not that we ever thought he had

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Replies Obanikoro: I Will Not Congratulate Wike, It’s Daylight Robbery by sarenadafiri: 11:51pm On Apr 16, 2015
Goke7:

it doesn't justify what happened in rivers and if the whole Presidential election were to be cancelled and done all over again, are you sure oga Jonah will win? Please judge, what some of us are saying is that pdp never had to do a commando style to win in a state like rivers that they have been winning since 1999, it doesn't make sense at all.

we only showed to the world how backward we still are as a Nation and that's the point

I can tell you that in my LGA, Bonny LGA of Rivers State, it was so peaceful, young people and old people spent the day at the polls trying to vote.

We were surprised to hear that there was violence and shooting in PH. That is for the presidential elections.

For the governorship elections, it was also peaceful in Bonny LGA and I think it was peaceful statewide because the PDP knew they were more popular and did not want accusing fingers pointed at them.

What I find just unintelligent is for Amaechi to declare (after visiting a few polling units in the capital) that elections did not hold in Rivers State.
I think it is highly disrespectful of all the old and young people outside the capital city that spent the whole day strenuously participating in the process to mindlessly declare that elections did not take place.

Even in Port Harcourt there were many polling units without mayhem. It is indicative of a careless tilt not to call for a cancellation of elections were there was rigging (which is the absolute right thing) and instead to insult everyone else that took pains to vote in the areas where there was no violence, that elections never happened.

When I remember the pains we and those old people went through standing in the open through out that day, the statement begins to feel like an insult.

In the end, I think he made that statement because the reality of where the hearts of the electorate were, as opposed to what he arrogantly believed from his aggrandized point of view, was too much for his ego to bear.

Couple that with what the shrinking image he perhaps feared his APC stalwarts would have of him, and he had to make statements like the ones he made, to save face.

He should be humble and understand his adopted grandiose view of himself is built on his hollow imaginations.
Re: Amaechi Replies Obanikoro: I Will Not Congratulate Wike, It’s Daylight Robbery by joowealth(m): 8:53pm On Apr 15, 2017
Ariani:

if u are nt deluded y wud u get power to sum1 dat dos nt even knw d meaning of his party calling apc all progressive confident.

Deluded indeed. See pot calling kettle black!!! kpele. you are trying to criticize but bcs u r not cultured, u resulted in insulting someone's father. grow up n search for sense ok? bcs u possess none.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo / Buhari And Osinbajo's Wives Arrive Ogun State For Campaign [Photos] / US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.