Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,978 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) (39533 Views)

Listen To Your Wife, Reps Tell Buhari- Vanguard / We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) / How We Will Stop Boko Haram, By Muhammadu Buhari--vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by omenka(m): 7:46am On Apr 15, 2015
This man makes me love and respect him more and more every day.

God bless and strengthen you sir.

Nigeria must be great again.

4 Likes

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 15, 2015
RockMaxi:
Buhari should please soft pedal on this campaign. You need the cooperation of the 36states governors. You will equally need another law to counter all this but you know you only have 4years for your first tenure and this is very short to meddle with all this corruption that have been institutionalized.

Bro i beg to differ on your opinion, in as much as d president would need d cooperation of d 36govs, i also believe he can do away with them if he wants to... The best gift a leader can have is d Masses.. if u have d masses @ur bk, all others will fall in place... Remember

The voice of the people is the voice of God

6 Likes

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 15, 2015
Jesus Christ. These politicians are rubbing us blind. huh undecided
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by tope3x(m): 7:48am On Apr 15, 2015
I don't know why I feel happy about this....anyway...I'm still happy about it grin
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by omenka(m): 7:49am On Apr 15, 2015
RockMaxi:
Buhari should please soft pedal on this campaign. You need the cooperation of the 36states governors. You will equally need another law to counter all this but you know you only have 4years for your first tenure and this is very short to meddle with all this corruption that have been institutionalized.

I don't think so. As far as his policies are appreciated by the average Nigerian, they'd always have his back. Once we all stand firm behind him, the governors and legislators really can't do much harm to him.

4 Likes

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by DaGC(m): 7:49am On Apr 15, 2015
This is 1 of the reasons I keep telling some rabid supporters here that in a democracy, his powers are limited. He's not the almighty Buhari he once was. If his actions contravenes the rule of law, he might end up being impeached. So y'all should lower your expectations of him a little bit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 15, 2015
RockMaxi:

No way! No way! We should all condemn this waste, and support GMB on this matter.

No soft pedalling here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by omenka(m): 7:53am On Apr 15, 2015
firstEVA:
Meeeeeen, this man go harsh o cheesy
Exactly who Nigeria needs at this critical time, not someone who gives these guys that have held the country down for so long a smile and a pat on the back. A lot of work need to be done to kick-start the process of reclaiming this country from the hands of those unimaginably greedy politicians.

The next thing I'd like to see him do is go after that useless thing called "security votes". Or at least, put a cap on it. It is one of the biggest conduits through which governors fleece their states.

1 Like

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 15, 2015
DaGC:
This is 1 of the reasons I keep telling some rabid supporters here that in a democracy, his powers are limited. He's not the almighty Buhari he once was. If his actions contravenes the rule of law, he might end up being impeached. So y'all should lower your expectations of him a little bit.

Hahaha. We've been telling those kids, but their emotions and ignorance of the basic workings of democracy have continued to keep them ranting!

Most of his supporters believe GMB will just wave a hand or raise his voice on a constitutional matter, and it's solved.

We are waiting and watching as events unfold. Interesting times lie ahead....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 15, 2015
While we are at it, can he also stop pension to ex-presidents and national assembly presiding officers?... Those bunch of thieves don't deserve extra money on top of what they have looted

1 Like

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by vislabraye(m): 7:54am On Apr 15, 2015
san316:
I'm just afraid for GMB. He may end up being kicked out because these politicians are veeeery selfish. I foresee a gang up, a serious sabotage or an assassination.

God help the General.

God should help him, Truely. The most corrupt ex governor/ex con is his benefactor. Buhari will need to change or adjust the constitution.

As it is now, Buhari seems to be the only one in APC that appears honest. How will he tackle the rest ?

1 Like

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by tit(f): 7:55am On Apr 15, 2015
this is a classic case of trying to remove the speck in your brother eye.

the fool has not talked about the pensions of ex-presidents which he and the National assembly can directly work on.
Oh! That would mean his cutting his pay?
so he conveniently sends his attack hounds after a red herring.

4 Likes

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by PassingShot(m): 7:55am On Apr 15, 2015
Bayswater:

Please copy and paste the part where that was said here and while you are at it, read the title again.

Do you have comprehension problem?

Or what do you understand from the first two paragraphs of the write-up?

"Muhammadu Buhari (retd), is to lead a
campaign to repeal the pension laws for
governors enacted by many states of the
federation, Vanguard has learnt.

The proposal by the incoming president is
based on what sources close to him affirm as
the incongruity of the laws under the
country’s socio-economic environment and
also, as a way of demonstrating moral
leadership from the top"

4 Likes

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 15, 2015
anonimi:

I agree it is a good thing but have we asked ourselves whether the president has CONSTITUTIONAL authority over these matters? If the answer is NO, then Buhari is simply yearning dust like the DoroDullard that he was, is & will always be.

He should be talking realistically of PERSUADING yhe state houses of assembly not to approve such pensions.

We are in a democracy not a military DICTATORSHIP!

Tell them oooo...It's called MORAL SUATION.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by luvinhubby(m): 7:56am On Apr 15, 2015
Very appropriate and commendable if Buhari can close that channel of waste by our politicians.

Supported.
#Nigeria shall be great again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by jamace(m): 7:57am On Apr 15, 2015
Buhari can achieve this if and only if the report of the 2014 National confab is implemented. Nigeria stands to gain a lot if the report is adopted: https://www.nairaland.com/2208180/what-nigeria-stands-gain-national
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by DaGC(m): 7:58am On Apr 15, 2015
dearpreye:

Hahaha. We've been telling those kids, but their emotions and ignorance of the basic workings of democracy have continued to keep them ranting!

Most of his supporters believe GMB will just wave a hand or raise his voice on a constitutional matter, and it's solved.

We are waiting and watching as events unfold. Interesting times lie ahead....

Even Keyamo, a lawyer that supported him has shared his opinion about this in the article.
Dont get me wrong though, if he could change certain things not working in Nigeria, I'll be glad because a better Nigeria favours us all, but some of his rabid supporters make it seen like he's an almighty. Read a thread here a while ago when 1 of em said that he should reduce salaries of governors and senators. I couldn't believe the stupidity.

Another said he'll arrest Fayose and FFK for insulting him. I couldn't believe how daft some Nairalanders are.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by themilanway(m): 7:59am On Apr 15, 2015
Bayswater:

I was thinking you programmed dolt will counter the facts I have stated above but all you could do is to throw abuses and tantrums. Proper doom awaits you unlearned lot on this forum.
I will state it here again, Buhari can not singlehandedly repeal a pension law that was passed by a state house of assembly. The man has simply been saying what people want to hear. One could smell the deception from afar.

Spare us the sermon.No one is jumping up,we are hoping he can convince the law makers to have a rethink by putting the interest of the people at heart first before their selfish interest

The 16yrs of PDP led govt have left some of you with some kind of mental blockage that will a long time for it to unblock.They made some of you to think that fighting corruption and impugnity is impossible.......that it's already a way of life for you.

No wonder you want the out going govt to continue......because you have been programmed to a certain default that you cant do without it.Its also why you are quick to smell"deception"even when the man is yet to be sworn in.

Buhari isnt the messiah but he will certainly be a 4.0 upgrade to whatever you were once used to.

4 Likes

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Bayswater: 8:01am On Apr 15, 2015
PassingShot:

Do you have comprehension problem?

Or what do you understand from the first two paragraphs of the write-up?

"Muhammadu Buhari (retd), is to lead a
campaign to repeal the pension laws for
governors enacted by many states of the
federation, Vanguard has learnt.

The proposal by the incoming president is
based on what sources close to him affirm as
the incongruity of the laws under the
country’s socio-economic environment and
also, as a way of demonstrating moral
leadership from the top"

And the title? Stop being clever by half, my friend.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by baralatie(m): 8:05am On Apr 15, 2015
firstEVA:
Meeeeeen, this man go harsh o cheesy
Na waaaaassh!!
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 15, 2015
Bayswater:

Please copy and paste the part where that was said here and while you are at it, read the title again.

Why are you making a fool of yourself? Tell me the part of the statement below that is difficult to comprehend.

He, however, said the proposal was something
that Buhari could only effect through moral
suasion as the pension acts were enacted by
state Houses of Assembly.

4 Likes

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by AZeD1(m): 8:10am On Apr 15, 2015
Bayswater:

The title was written by the person who created the post. It doesn't cost anything to use your brain.

6 Likes

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by CyberTerrorist: 8:15am On Apr 15, 2015
Na theifnubuu first start this humongous cum criminal exercise angry
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by annibro(f): 8:19am On Apr 15, 2015
4 goodness sake, if not 4 corruption & wickedness, how can a temporal political appointment of 4yrs guarantee a person pension 4 life whereas individuals who have served their fatherland for 35yrs struggle year in year out & some even die in d process trying 2 get accreditation 4 their pensions whereas these temporal crooks already have theirs running.
The worst of it is even them getting poSsession of d houses dey occupied while in office. Imagine d chaos dat wud ve occurred if universities didn't fight against d sale of govt buildings 2 occupiers; it wud've just resulted in young present lecturers coming 2 lecture frm off campus while d campus houses are occupied by retired/dead Profs.
If such continue, very soon Legislators will be coming frm other states 2 seat as every house in Abj wud ve been bought over & occupied by 4mer political ofis holders.

1 Like

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by PassingShot(m): 8:20am On Apr 15, 2015
Bayswater:

Who is attempting to be clever when he in fact is not, if not you?

So, the title carries more weight than the body of the news?

I think I have given you the attention you needed already. You're not worth further attention.

3 Likes

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by omonnakoda: 8:20am On Apr 15, 2015
Bayswater:

You are the one being clever by half. You are ridiculing yourself

3 Likes

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by mebad(m): 8:20am On Apr 15, 2015
RockMaxi:

Your point is he should allow injustice and let the governors Rob Nigerians blind because he needs their support ?

2 Likes

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Bayswater: 8:21am On Apr 15, 2015
1stCitizen:

Why are you making a fool of yourself? Tell me the part of the statement below that is difficult to comprehend.

Ode, that was Keyamo talking. He corrected Buhari by saying he would need to persuade the people involved.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 15, 2015
DaGC:

Even Keyamo, a lawyer that supported him has shared his opinion about this in the article.
Dont get me wrong though, if he could change certain things not working in Nigeria, I'll be glad because a better Nigeria favours us all, but some of his rabid supporters make it seen like he's an almighty. Read a thread here a while ago when 1 of em said that he should reduce salaries of governors and senators. I couldn't believe the stupidity.

Another said he'll arrest Fayose and FFK for insulting him. I couldn't believe how daft some Nairalanders are.

How many of us do take the pain and glance through our Constitution? Very few.

How many of us take time to understand the workings and principles of democracy? Again, very few.

Ye, we all desire a working system, but we must not fail to understand the limitations of the President; this isn't a dictatorship.

I have read similar or worse emotional but unlearned comments from most of his supporters, and I'm yet to recover from the shock!
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by evergenuine(m): 8:22am On Apr 15, 2015
Bayswater:

“The feeling was that not only was it wrong and morally unconscionable, but that it was not something that should be encouraged, and he was appealing to them that it should be changed.” However, the response of the governors, who were present at the retreat, was not immediately given.

1 Like

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 15, 2015
Am solidly behind him on this one. The austerity measures should begin from the leaders. I hope he is able to achieve that.

3 Likes

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Emmaowolabia(m): 8:22am On Apr 15, 2015
They are suppose to be role model in entrepreneurship since they have saved enough during their tenure in office but this criminals are not, rather they blame out going corpers for not being able to save out of 660 received per day.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

US Wants WTO DG Race Reopened — Suggests Okonjo-iweala Lacks Experience / Captain Victor Ugochukwu Ulasi Killed By Boko Haram In Yobe State (photo) / Ganduje: 'I Don't Sleep At Public Functions, I Only Pretend''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.