Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,721 members, 7,809,736 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) (30242 Views)

Britain To Cut Its Foreign Aid Money To Nigeria By 50% / Listen To Your Wife, Reps Tell Buhari- Vanguard / Nigeria Is Not A Rich Country - Buhari (Vanguard) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by light004: 8:35am On Jul 26, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari believes Nigeria does not need foreign aid if the world powers can help her plug all the loopholes that had been used by government officials to steal her assets.

A Presidency official on Buhari’s four-day visit to the United States (US), which ended on Wednesday, quoted the President, yesterday, as telling US officials that Nigeria has the resources to stand on her feet, and that the world powers should help her.

In the meantime, Nigeria is to draw down investments and cash worth $13.6 billion following negotiations and understanding reached by Buhari with the American government during the visit, Sunday Vanguard learnt, yesterday.

The President met with US President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, among many other top functionaries, during the visit.

“Buhari did not go to the US with a begging bowl. We don’t need foreign aid, he told everyone, so long as the world powers can help us plug all the loopholes that had been used to steal our assets,” Mallam Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant to President Buhari on Publicity, disclosed to Sunday Vanguard.

Whereas the President said, during the visit, that about $150 billion is stolen annually from Nigeria and many other African countries, the Presidency official said, ”Americans hold the view that between $10 billion and $20 billion dollars is lost annually through the crude oil sector alone.”

He quoted his boss as saying: ”There is no organisation or government (across the world) that can give us (Nigeria) $5 billion. If we plug our loopholes and recover stolen money stashed abroad, Nigeria will do well by herself.”

A breakdown of the $13.6 billion earmarked for Nigeria, courtesy of the Buhari US visit, shows that $5 billion is coming for investments in the power sector, another $5 billion is to fund investments in the agricultural sector, $1.5 billion is from the Bill Gates Foundation while $2.1 billion is being provided by the World Bank.

Of particular interest is the discovery that the huge sums being brought for investments into the country, according to the Presidency official, attract no counterpart funding.
Similarly, in its efforts to assist Nigeria eradicate polio, the Bill Gates Foundation, which is revving its support with additional $1.2 billion, is extending its areas of coverage to four more states – Kaduna, Sokoto, Borno and Yobe.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President described Buhari’s outing in the U.S as a monumental success.

According to him, no Nigerian leader ever achieved that kind of success in one visit.

Shehu said: ” From our point of view, no past President of this country has ever netted these for Nigeria from a single U.S. trip. Overall, it is a resounding success.
“The clamour for President Buhari was astounding. He was gone after by every member of the United States establishment. He met Secretary of State John Kerry, Vice President Joe Biden and the President of the United States, Barack Obama.

“I am not sure there was any past Nigerian President who met as many a number of Secretaries of U.S. Departments as Buhari did and, in all of these meetings, the personal integrity of President Buhari came through.”

source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/we-dont-need-foreign-aid-buhari/#sthash.4OVQvL9k.dpuf

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by INTROVERT(f): 8:36am On Jul 26, 2015
okay

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by Demmocrats(m): 8:38am On Jul 26, 2015
I totally agree with Mr president, loan is the ultimate slavery world powers used to control nations even during the time of Rothschilds they used loans to control nations.

Even Napoleon openly opposed borrowing that it only impoverish his French people and that was one of the reason Napoleon was overthrown from power.

Bankers are truly the problem this world is having immediately you acquire loan from them they impose there will on you and if you say no they inflate your economy.

Getting aid automatically makes you there purpet just like Rothschild said "give me a nations money supply I care not who makes the laws"

It takes a great leader like my sai buhari I know the dangers in loan
www.

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by Demmocrats(m): 8:39am On Jul 26, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:
And u have already borrowed $2.1 billion in less than 50 days in office. When a dullard talks u must know.

Bro have you ever asked your self the terms of that loan bro get the facts first before you comment please
www.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 8:39am On Jul 26, 2015
And u have already borrowed $2.1 billion in less than 50 days in office. When a dullard talks u must know.

100 Likes 12 Shares

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by Demmocrats(m): 8:39am On Jul 26, 2015
I have always known america don't do anything for free so helping to return the stolen loots will come at a very very heavy price

May God help us
www.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:39am On Jul 26, 2015
I won't be surprise if Shehu Garba or Adesina comes out tomorrow 2 deny that PA buhari never made this statement..

Dis administration na joke

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:41am On Jul 26, 2015
Demmocrats:
U
Demmocrats:
K
Demmocrats:
u got me crying in an unknown language..

5 Likes

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by coolcharm(m): 8:41am On Jul 26, 2015
Hmm
Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by PassingShot(m): 8:42am On Jul 26, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:
Coming from someone who doesn't know the difference between "aid" and "loan"? Someone who doesn't know the benefits to the economy of a $2bn with no interest for ten years (and far low interest rate compared to market rate for another 30 years)? You're not worth further reply!

@ the topic, PMB is again spot-on on this. Had past presidents believed just as Buhari now believes that we don't need foreign aid, Nigeria would have become great long ago.

A breakdown of the $13.6 billion earmarked for Nigeria, courtesy of the Buhari US visit, shows that $5 billion is coming for investments in the power sector, another $5 billion is to fund investments in the agricultural sector, $1.5 billion is from the Bill Gates Foundation while $2.1 billion is being provided by the World Bank.
This is a huge achievement out of just one trip.

However, to the wailers, PMB's America trip didn't achieve anything since Buhari didn't return with planes starched with dollars or war planes flown behind him into the country. TANoids are the worst set of humans on earth.

94 Likes 14 Shares

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by nnachukz(m): 8:46am On Jul 26, 2015
Truly this man brain is on pause mode, what did you go to US to do? Or you think aid is only money? Why should they help you to block loopholes since you dont need their help(aid). This man says one thing now and changes it in a minute.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 26, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:

Please remind the old dullar.d

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by snika: 8:55am On Jul 26, 2015
This man is just confused. One minute he says this, the next it's another.

Oya masturbators, come and defend your dullard (thank God he did not call Nigeria West Kenya). grin

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 26, 2015
what i dont understand is why people like atiku and other big guns ar silent. I think PMB hasn't really get close to where they hid d treasure. Let PMB act fast on his dealings most especially on the appointment of ministers its hard to find a mouse with a clean mouth in a grain store.
All he will need do is to give them a serious warning, that whoever is caught will have him/herself to blame.
Moreso a boost to d generation and supply of electricity will bring down foriegn investors for rapid industrialisation that will drop the unemployment rate.
its a collective responsibility we voted change because we are ready for it.

8 Likes

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by trapQ: 8:58am On Jul 26, 2015
it is very glaring that pmb has Nigeria's best interest at heart. from reducing "his own" salary to refusing a fleet of new cars which would cost roughly 400m naira, to refusing a new privet jet. I mean, power generation is at an all time high at 4655mw(when Jonathan left, Nigeria's power generation was at an all time low at 1000+ MW).

all those calling him dullard are the ones who's fathers can't do half of what PMB is doing on a daily. if you aren't for change, kill yourself.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 26, 2015
DAFTUS has started spewing rubbish again, how can you travel to G7 with a wish list and you said you dont need foreign aid?

How can you celebrate 13.6 billion dollars as an achievement from US when even Jim Ovia can advance such loan to you

When we subtract the 2.2 billion dollars from the 13.6 billion that US promised Nigeria then we will be left with a paltry 11.4billion dollars that even iya basira that sells beans can advance to DAFTUS

11 Likes

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by AlPeter: 9:16am On Jul 26, 2015
Nice one baba.... Keep them coming

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by PassingShot(m): 9:17am On Jul 26, 2015
Lalasticlala, this is worthy of HQ.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 26, 2015
“I am not sure there was any past Nigerian President who
met as many a number of Secretaries of U.S.
Departments as Buhari did and, in all of these meetings,

what is the essence of the quote above? where did Buhari get these spokesmen from?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by coolestrogue(m): 9:21am On Jul 26, 2015
Obiagelli:

what is the essence of the quote above? where did Buhari get these spokesmen from?
Hehehhehehehehehehehehe, don't forget too soon, you hailed their appointment.

7 Likes

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by razid: 9:21am On Jul 26, 2015
I think going by this revelation, particularly coming from Vanguard, the advice of my grandmother will be very apt. grin

"Beware of reaching conclusion in what you may not have the full knowledge of; cos what you don't know may eventually rubbish what you think you know, and thereby makes you appear foolish to those people who believe you know something."

Immediately after the visit, the cyberspace has been awashed with our "erudite commentators and columnists" grin grin grin of varying degrees and hues trying to convince us of the futility of the visit to the US by the President. But here we are now being told that the visit is worth about $13.1bn in terms of aids and investment.

Sometimes I do remember Bingo in Ikebe Super one of the comic magazines of those days saying "The patient dog eats the fattest bone". No wonder our elders will say "Patience, my child, is a virtue". And finally, in one of JF Odunjo's Alawiye in those days, we learnt that "onisuuru ni fun wara kinihun" (literally, only the patient can milk a lioness).

What is the "koko" of this message? Be patient in reacting to issues so that you will not be made to look foolish as a result of hasty conclusions.

Cheerio! My people grin grin grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 26, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
DAFTUS has started spewing rubbish again, how can you travel to G7 with a wish list and you said you dont need foreign aid?

How can you celebrate 13.6 billion dollars as an achievement from US when even Jim Ovia can advance such loan to you

When we subtract the 2.2 billion dollars from the 13.6 billion that US promised Nigeria then we will be left with a paltry 11.4billion dollars that even iya basira that sells beans can advance to DAFTUS

Jim is worth less than $900 million

15 Likes

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 26, 2015
coolestrogue:

Hehehhehehehehehehehehe, don't forget too soon, you hailed their appointment.
No
Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by DPCreampie: 9:27am On Jul 26, 2015
http://www.rblworld.tv/ Live broadcast for this morning. Please connect and listen to revelations now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by poiZon: 9:35am On Jul 26, 2015
PassingShot:

Coming from someone who doesn't know the difference between "aid" and "loan"? Someone who doesn't know the benefits to the economy of a $2bn with no interest for ten years (and far low interest rate compared to market rate for another 30 years)? You're not worth further reply!

@ the topic, PMB is again spot-on on this. Had past presidents believed just as Buhari now believes that we don't need foreign aid, Nigeria would have become great long ago.

This is a huge achievement out of just one trip.

However, to the wailers, PMB's America trip didn't achieve anything since Buhari didn't return with planes starched with dollars or war planes flown behind him into the country. TANoids are the worst set of humans on earth.
to be bery bery sincere wif u, u wail more than the wailers. Ur defense to buhari na wailing, to even make a contribution na wailing, even to explain d lies una propaganda machines via nation n sahara rep'rs churn out on daily basis, u wail.
Bobo stop wailing more than d wailers.
Apc is now in power, they shud start working their talks n not talkng the talks.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by poiZon: 9:39am On Jul 26, 2015
nnachukz:
Truly this man brain is on pause mode, what did you go to US to do? Or you think aid is only money? Why should they help you to block loopholes since you dont need their help(aid). This man says one thing now and changes it in a minute.
d man na real illiterate.
U dont need foreign aid but u need help from US which is foreign to block loopholes from blabla bla....
D 2.1billiondolls na local aid abi, the 13+billion dollss na dash from zimbabwe too. Illiterate is bad but not manageble

6 Likes

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by PassingShot(m): 9:42am On Jul 26, 2015
poiZon:

to be bery bery sincere wif u, u wail more than the wailers. Ur defense to buhari na wailing, to even make a contribution na wailing, even to explain d lies una propaganda machines via nation n sahara rep'rs churn out on daily basis, u wail.
Bobo stop wailing more than d wailers.
Apc is now in power, they shud start working their talks n not talkng the talks.
Who wails now between you and I? I addressed the topic while you failed to say a single word on my point and the topic.

10 Likes

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by razid: 9:47am On Jul 26, 2015
DPCreampie:
http://www.rblworld.tv/ Live broadcast for this morning. Please connect and listen to revelations now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dear friend, it's wonderful to know that you are a Christian but are you Christ-like? The reason why I ask you this simple question is that I am not sure if someone that call himself/herself a Christian can harbour such volume of hatred for a fellow human in his/her heart as you have for Mr President. It is good if you can just follow this biblical advice:

If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. - 1John 4:20

My one cent my friend cos our actions today will eventually haunt or comfort us tomorrow. I come in peace, bon ami. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by poiZon: 9:49am On Jul 26, 2015
PassingShot:

Who wails now between you and I? I addressed the topic while you failed to say a single word on my point and the topic.
u wernt making points, just wailing.
Stop wailing instead get well.

5 Likes

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by MizMyColi(f): 10:00am On Jul 26, 2015
Hmmmm
This is Shehu Garba speaking, not Mr Buhari.

I have started getting ideas ever since I read worksmart's thread.
Somebody help!
Ecoterrors, give me proof! Irrefutable proof that PMB is still Nigeria's president as of today July 26, 2015. That's all I ask.

If I hear say you yab meundecided

6 Likes

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by fulanimafia: 10:13am On Jul 26, 2015
Those mourning wailers were spewing rubbish on my thread earlier this week when I detailed some gains of PMB's visit.

Now it has emerged that the critical sectors of our economy are to benefit from a much needed $13.6 Billion as a result of that same U.S trip.

TANoids are in for a rough ride as PMB continues to shame them with his performance, not because he is super human but for the singular reason that this is a new government driven by purpose.

4 Likes

Re: We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 26, 2015
MizMyColi:
Hmmmm
This is Shehu Garba speaking, not Mr Buhari.

I have started getting ideas ever since I read worksmart's thread.
Somebody help!
Ecoterrors, give me proof! Irrefutable proof that PMB is still Nigeria's president as of today July 26, 2015. That's all I ask.

If I hear say you yab meundecided
soe, midollan, ralphlauren come and see another worksmart that belives PMB died after inauguration.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports / Buhari Issues Stern Warning To CBN, Meets APC Governors / See How APC Treated Tinubu In 2015 And 2018 (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.