Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos (38817 Views)

Police React To Northern Youths Ultimatum To Igbos, Issue Warning / Jonathan Reacts To Ultimatum Given To Igbos By Northern Youths / Fani-Kayode Blasts Kerry: "Your Statement To Sultan Is Garbage" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by shineeye: 11:32am On Apr 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Thank you my brother. Are you Yoruba? Honestly I don't understand what people want to achieve with all these hatred. There are so many Igbo-Yoruba weddings being planned as I right, just move round on Saturday and see for yourself. Even amongst my friends, a lot of Igbo-Yoruba marriages and then some people are here writing rubbish.

I wish you the best too.
yoruba igbo wedding 80% end up a failed marriages i no that for sure

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 15, 2015
Alfamann:

Is Onitsha or Kaduna or Benue former federal capitals?

Calabar and Lokoja are previous capital of Nigeria. Y not call them no mans land. Wen d kogites and calabar people catch u, u wil know ur self .

because Lagos is developed, u call it "no mans land". u ar an alien there and u wil always b treated as such, go to your erosion rampaged states and develop it to earn respect

5 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by somegirl1: 11:32am On Apr 15, 2015
disumusa:
pls tell me any tribe that igbos love

Let's start with you stating your ethnic group and then listing which groups your own ethnic group "loves".

This would be fun...

4 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 15, 2015
mulattoclaro:
why are you this foolish? *sighs deeply too*

You do know this life is not for you, right?

So why don't you end it instead of making other people's lives miserable.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by swezenberg(m): 11:34am On Apr 15, 2015
What is this coward thing Igbos people talk about. The only brave tribe in Nigeria are the Hausas and Fulanis. Na mouth Igbo and Yoruba get. Igbos talk as if they get any mind at all. The bravest Igbo man ran to cote d'voire during biafra war and left his people to be slaughtered, We know what happened to Diya. I am Yoruba that I've lived in the midst of Igbos, Yoruba and Hausas. The small Hausa man fears nothing. If he tells you he will kill you it does not take a second. All he needs is his dagger. Hausas don't run from you when you kill them. They will face you man to man. If you doubt me go and live in the North and stop spewing thrash in your enclaves here in the South. So I don't want to hear igbos talk about being brave, I know a brave man when I see one.

Igbos too get mouth.

6 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 15, 2015
angelawoko:

https://blogs.premiumtimesng.com/?p=167322
so so right. Chimamanda is a wonderful writer but the manipulation of words can never change the reality of things. There are a number of subjective stuff she has written in the past that I do not in any way agree with. She talks about topical things like an average person and writes about them like a genius...but unfortunately her writings still does not erase the reality of things

6 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Ngokafor(f): 11:35am On Apr 15, 2015
.....Nice write up i suppose with some annoying patronizing tone here and there embarassed
..my opinion of her piece?.. totally unnecessary at this point because she would only get accolades from her husbands people as expected but would receive loads of insults from Igbos.

..Folks are already insulting her and her marriage to a yoruba man...at the end of the day she would not have achieved jack but insults....all these playing to the gallery can be counter-productive undecided

...i as an Igbo woman totally agree with Chimamanda Adichie any time,anyday without any apologies to anyone. cool

4 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by mulattoclaro(m): 11:36am On Apr 15, 2015
Justfollowit:

You do know this life is not for you, right?

So why don't you end it instead of making other people's lives miserable.
you should do the same too. After you my dear.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Calculia: 11:36am On Apr 15, 2015
Igbo men dont start getting angry wen u see your women, becos i can bet u that woman never said that just the biggot that she is married too trying to make a point using her name.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by geraob1: 11:37am On Apr 15, 2015
Alfaman you are infinitely stupid... have you not hed of intra tribal marriages.. Anyways an uneducated, stark illiterate like u wouldnot understand. its ur stupid kind that goes every formenting trouble.Dull brained Animal.... grin grin grin grin grin

Alfamann:
Even before reading this shyte, I already told myself that this must have said by a yoruba-dick sucker. She confirmed it a few paragraphs later.

Nne, your surname shows that you are no longer Igbo. Even an osu is better than you. Stop calling yourself Igbo and face your new tribe. Ashawo!

5 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by siegfried99(m): 11:37am On Apr 15, 2015
Mods need to ban a lot of ppl undecided
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by xmich(m): 11:38am On Apr 15, 2015
disumusa:
pls tell me any tribe that igbos love
After the genocide or before the genocide

2 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 15, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
of course there would still be ibos.. Everyone knows ibos like money more than their life, but the question is, will guys still have the mouth to start shouting no man's land if we reduce your population by just 50 percent in lagos?

Although I know, you are not amongst those that shout lagos is no man's land but your words encourage them.

Just thank your head that we are not savages.

Whoever sheds innocent blood, God will shed their own. embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Ejaisky: 11:38am On Apr 15, 2015
Is Warri now an Igbo land?

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by illiad: 11:39am On Apr 15, 2015
An igbo woman married to a Yoruba man is automatically a yoruba woman.

I see no sense in writing to Chimamanda save to tap from her popularity.

Your writing was ok in the sense that we are all tribal and should rather put it aside but yet your undertone leaned too close to the yorubas but then again you're one of them now. Pls do send a copy to your king the oba of lagos.

And I hope Wole Soyinka could write same to the Oba of Lagos. But then the yorubas don't correct each other publicly as igbos would do.

7 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by scachy(m): 11:40am On Apr 15, 2015
[s]
M17:
AMADIOHA WILL SURELY STRIKE YOU EFULEFU

WE WILL SEE HOW YOUR BETRAYAL WILL LEAD YOU ,

KEEP TYPING , UNPOPULAR OFE OWERRI slowpoke .
[/s]
My fellow countryman,abum ezigbo nwa Afo igbo. But d truth is that we should not be primitive n myopic in dealing with social issues of this nature. honestly, There is no need calling this lady names, cos she was very objective in her thoughts n letter.Truth be told, We all are guilty of "tribalism "initially I thought she's one of those hired writers to criticise Chimamanda's view but when I read further, I discovered that she had made her plea n blames appropriately so let's just embrace peace n hope that others ll follow suit. Every reasonable minded person ll condemn Oba's hate speech against d Igbos but let's not harbor it in our minds cos there's more to gain from peace than hate. And I ll advise our fellow countrymen from d north n South to shun hate n derogatory comments against any tribe for the interest of peaceful coexistence. Let's all preach love n Tolerance through our comments,utterances n actions.
God bless Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 15, 2015
BrosPeter:

[s]Some Igbo people are now blaming Igbo people for starting "aggression"?
I thought the aggression started when the Oba of Lagos provoked the igbo with his utterances.

I love Igbo people but you my friend is one Igbo man I won't want to meet, I can see the word "coward" written on your forehead.[/s]

You are very dull. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Truth234(m): 11:41am On Apr 15, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Isn't it an indictment on you that all the places you mentioned are countries and not cities in those countries. Nigeria belongs to all Nigerians and therefore Lagos is for all Nigerians just as Onitsha is for all Nigerians. The Igbos who own properties in Lagos bought the land on which they built their properties and paid exorbitant prices at that. If a Yoruba man refuses or cannot afford to buy or build properties in the East, how is that the Igbo man's business?

How is Dubai a country Oga?

4 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by miqos02(m): 11:43am On Apr 15, 2015
nice writeup
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Truth234(m): 11:43am On Apr 15, 2015
Alfamann:

Is Onitsha or Kaduna or Benue former federal capitals?

Is Calabar not?
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by EmoBoy(m): 11:44am On Apr 15, 2015
Well.>>
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by frankezi: 11:45am On Apr 15, 2015
Ijeoma u are just the bomb. God bless you and bless brilliant minds like yours and bless a one Nigeria. funny I am IBO but all my homies are Yoruba. love the food like for real what will a brother do without amala ewedu and gbegiri. just want peace abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by stinggy(m): 11:46am On Apr 15, 2015
Alfamann:
Even before reading this shyte, I already told myself that this must have said by a yoruba-dick sucker. She confirmed it a few paragraphs later.

Nne, your surname shows that you are no longer Igbo. Even an osu is better than you. Stop calling yourself Igbo and face your new tribe. Ashawo!

If you can alter this out to a fellow Igbo, then what won't you say to a non-?
Most of you guys on NL keep confirming the widely-held view about your tribe. This is bad!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by veraponpo(m): 11:46am On Apr 15, 2015
safarigirl:
Igbo people are relatively peaceful. They rarely start any trouble.

Visit places like Benue and Plateau and they'll tell you the REAL trouble maker s in Nigeria. Has an Igbo man ever killed multiple Yoruba in Lagos because he was denied accommodation?

At least every 2 days people are attacked in their homes by Fulani herdsmen for fickle things like missing cows. Even in my school here in Abuja, those people enter the female hostels to r-ape girls. Has such ever happened in Unilag?

I repeat, you all have NO idea how good you have it in Lagos.

You have forgotten that Hausa/Fulani are in Lagos too and in large quantity yet you have not heard of such vices too. Not even a disagreement.

Every tribe has its weakness and tribe. No tribe is completely good or completely bad.

Igbo people should respect the land they live in QED just as Yoruba has been doing every where they go.

3 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Kazzman(m): 11:46am On Apr 15, 2015
angelawoko:

May God continues to bless you Ijeoma for making proper elaboration to this issue. How I wish we have many people who can share the same thought like you. I pray who have hears should listen and do the needful. I commend your courage and wisdom.

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

This is the major problem with our people. If you are an objective person you will notice that she said a lot of truth. Don't let bitterness & hatred blind you.

It is not a problem with our people, it is the problem with silly and ignorant people.

They are present in every tribe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by kraftykc(m): 11:47am On Apr 15, 2015
PassingShot:

With due respect, I disagree with the bolded part of your post.

Tell me Igbos are industrious, I will agree. Tell me they are adventurous, I will agree. But tell me they're relatively peaceful, it is hell no.

TRUTH!!!

Igbos are exceedingly difficult. But we are experts at diplomatic warfare so we choose words over weapons. Igbos are quick to anger to slow to fisticuffs.

3 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:48am On Apr 15, 2015
Even the few who were antagonistic toward me, embrace me now, or are at least civil toward me. It didn’t make me any less dignified to understand better another man’s culture; it made me wiser, and stronger and more appreciative of the richness of our country. The flagrant disregard for other’s culture exhibited by many Nigerians is really bad! How do you expect to reason with someone unless you understand their worldview?....Ijeoma Omotade

3 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Kazzman(m): 11:48am On Apr 15, 2015
angelawoko:

May God continues to bless you Ijeoma for making proper elaboration to this issue. How I wish we have many people who can share the same thought like you. I pray who have hears should listen and do the needful. I commend your courage and wisdom.
Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Ngokafor(f): 11:48am On Apr 15, 2015
Jk210:

Probably. It appears bragging and chest-beating are a way of life amongst Igbo's.

I was watching an Igbo movie the other day. Uche Ogbodo insulting a guy who was chyking her. Burú carton gi'a puo m nuzo (referring to the guys Honda hala) damn hilarious. Out of the 10 sentences she made 9 were laced with insults. Igbo to Igbo its cool (Ima njakiri) But to other tribes its offensive.

The other day it was Igbo's protesting in an Indian suburb. Same thing in South Africa. I think its time our Eastern brothers did a soul search. There must be something fundamentally wrong.

This is not to paint the whole tribe with the same brush though. There are well meaning people amongst them

......Funny dude..you now want to judge Igbos from the Igbo movie you watched?.Havent you heard of the phrase 'acting a script'?.. embarassed undecided

...as for insults..i can assure you that Igbos are learners where Yorubas are...Yorubas breathe,sleep and eat insults...heck even PDP had to conscript them(Fayose and Fani Kayode) to tongue lash their opponents daily.. embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by illiad: 11:48am On Apr 15, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
of course there would still be ibos.. Everyone knows ibos like money more than their life, but the question is, will guys still have the mouth to start shouting no man's land if we reduce your population by just 50 percent in lagos?

Although I know, you are not amongst those that shout lagos is no man's land but your words encourage them.

Just thank your head that we are not savages.

See as your mouth wide. E-warrior. Na under keyboard you dey dey slaughter people. Have you ever fought any igbo man one on one? Do you think you can kill any igbo man one on one? Pls stop making mouth here because I know people like you would take the first bus to your iseyin village once war broke out in nigeria. Abi you think say na broken bottle them take dey fight war ni? People like you always make me laugh.

Even your opc & area boyz never fight igbos for one day. Have you asked yourself why?

I just dey laugh you.

6 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 15, 2015
frankezi:
Ijeoma u are just the bomb. God bless you and bless brilliant minds like yours and bless a one Nigeria. funny I am IBO but all my homies are Yoruba. love the food like for real what will a brother do without amala ewedu and gbegiri. just want peace abeg.

To think that I spent the last Xmas at my Yoruba friend's family house, and his parents were literally begging me to stay till after the new year celebration.

I wonder where these nairalanders who are tribal got their hate from.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Dino Melaye: Thugs Caught By Police Have Confessed That Sunday Faleke Sent Them / Peter Obi's Lawyers Bring Boxes Of Evidence To Election Tribunal (Video) / #EndSARS Rally Marred By Low Turn Out (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.