Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

MENOPAUSE- Coping With The Challenges - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / MENOPAUSE- Coping With The Challenges (625 Views)

Age, Menopause Can No Longer Stop Women From Having Babies —IVF Expert / Men Share Your Experiences Coping With Male Pattern Baldness (MPD) / How Are You Coping With The Heat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MENOPAUSE- Coping With The Challenges by goverment(m): 5:55pm On Apr 15, 2015
“I cried and began to wonder if am going crazy due to the feeling of sadness and that overwhelm me without any reason or warning.” –Linda”51 years of age

Sometime I found my house mess up in the morning. I can’t even found my personal things. What have I been doing all this year, everything seem so difficult and I don’t know why.” –Becky” 56 years of age

These women, none of them are ill. Rather they were passing through menopause transition, though it is a natural way but the end point is infertility. As woman, are you approaching that time of life? Are you going through it? The better equipped you will be to meet the challenges associating with it depend on the more you and your loved ones knew about these menopause transition.

MENOPAUSE TRANSITION
Perimenopause is also called menopause. This has to do with both period leading up to menopause and menopause itself. However the entire transition refers to menopause.

Most women do experience their Perimenopause at 40s while others experience their at 60s. Sometimes in most cases women do experience the gradual decrease in menstruation Due to erratic production of hormones, a woman may skip these periods, bleeds at odd times, or have extra heavy period.

Menopause Guidebook shows that each women menopause experience is different. It state “most common menopause is related discomfort is the hot flash.” Which usually associate with a cool chill, disrupting sleep and sap energy, but the question is how long will these discomfort continue? Menopause Guidebook stated “some women get hot flash for a year or two during the time of menopause transition. While others get that for many years while some occasionally for the rest of their life. A woman may experience depression and mood swing, poor concentration and lapses in memory.

HOW TO COPE
Changes in life style can reduce discomfort. Example, the number of hot flashes can be reducing if a smoker gives up tobacco. Dietary changes can also reduce hot flashes by limiting or avoiding alcohol, caffeine, spicy or sugar food, all this triggers hot flashes. So it is important to eat balance and variety of diet. Exercise also helps in reducing menopause

OPEN COMMUNICATION
Talking openly to love ones will make them not to worry too much when they notice what is happening to you. Love is patient and kind, after open communication, your love ones will be more patient and understanding.

(1) (Reply)

Simple Signs Of Cardiovascular Diseases / Your Teeth, A Threat To Having Erection / When You're Dirty Alot Of Thing Happens. Discover What It Is!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.