Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. (2078 Views)

10 Deep Questions To Ask If You Really Want To Get To Know Someone / 21 Questions To Ask Before Saying “I Do” / Before You Say "I Do" Test Drive The Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by Lifetitudes(f): 6:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
Hello dearest ones,

A week ago while discussing the post on “worries of a single girl” Timi requested that we discuss questions to ask a potential/future husband. The questions can be flipped both ways and be used by guys as well. These information are essential and should be known before you say i-do. There’s a yoruba adage that says “he who asks for descriptions, never misses his way”. Would you want to miss your way? If not please ask away!

The questions she suggested are listed below:

What do you think the role of a wife is?
How do you feel about your wife’s rights in a home?
Will you insist on having every meal cooked from scratch, or will you be able to have convenience food or take-away on busy days?
Do you love to entertain guests in your home?
What do you expect from your spouse when your friends visit?
To the best of your understanding, are you able to have children? ( this cracked me up smiley cheesy )
Are there household responsibilities you believe to be the sole domain of a man or a woman?
Why do you believe this?
Do you believe that marriages are stronger if a woman defers to her husband in most areas?
Do you need to feel either in control or taken care of?
Do you believe that roles in your family should be filled by the person best equipped for the job, even if it is an unconventional arrangement?
Additional questions to be asked as preached By Pastor Creflo Dollar

Whats your motive for asking me out?
What do you when you get mad?
Have you ever beaten any one up?
Do you have a job?
Where do you work?
How much money do you make?
Do you have a bank account?
Is it funded?
What percentage of your salary do you save?
Do you have a house? Or do you live with your parents?
If you live with your parents what amenities do you help them with?
What do you like to eat?
Do you plan on looking this good all your life?
How do you want to maintain your outlook? Or do you intend on adding weight?
How many children do you want to have?
Do you have insurance?
How do you look without your make up? Can you please not put on some tomorrow, i need to see the real you.
Is the hair on your head yours? What does your natural hair look like? I need to see.
Are you in debt?
Are those your natural eyelashes? If no do you ever remove them? I need to see you without them.
Do you believe in taking showers at night? Whats your level of cleanliness? What is your relationship with soap and water?
Are you attracted to men or women?
Are you trying to marry me because you are hiding something?
What are you hidden secrets?
Did your dad and mum commit adultery? I need to know.
Do you have kids?
What kind of sex do you like?
And some i added:

Whats your opinion on how kids should be raised?
Whats your opinion on financial responsibility in the home?
Whats your opinion about gifts giving in marriage?
Whats your opinion about in-laws and marriage?
Whats your opinion about me?
What do you not like about me?
What do you like about me?
Are you a sports fanatic? Would you require me to become one?
Do you like games? How many hours a day must you play them?
Phew the list is long and endless. Do you have more to add, please share. Married readers please enlighten us on questions you asked or didn’t ask.

Also when do you feel is best to ask these questions? Too early will chase away prospectives, too late will mean you have entered a one-chance-bus. When is the best time to ask these questions?

xoxoxoxo…MFA

2 Likes

Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by vjsmiles: 6:11pm On Apr 15, 2015

Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
The questions reeks of paranoia.

1 Like

Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by adioolayi(m): 6:19pm On Apr 15, 2015
@Op too many questions you have up there... yea, they seem important to you and many readers.. But to me, you've omitted fundamental ones...like..
What's your Genotype and Blood Group
Have you had any surgical operations before...What type of operation?
Do you have any ailments requiring time to time drug intake?
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by Lifetitudes(f): 6:24pm On Apr 15, 2015
Very valid questions.

One cant know it all. Thanks for the addition grin

adioolayi:
@Op too many questions you have up there... yea, they seem important to you and many readers.. But to me, you've omitted fundamental ones...like..
What's your Genotype and Blood Group
Have you had any surgical operations before...What type of operation?
Do you have any ailments requiring time to time drug intake?
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by jhydebaba(m): 6:27pm On Apr 15, 2015
By the time you still dey clean ur papa's house at 40, u go trim the question down to only one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
jhydebaba:
By the time you still dey clean ur papa's house at 40, u go trim the question down to only one.

You bad grin grin
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by Lifetitudes(f): 6:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
Thanks for your comment

jhydebaba:
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by Lifetitudes(f): 6:34pm On Apr 15, 2015
Thanks for your comment

vjsmiles:

Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 15, 2015
MzNelly:

You bad grin grin

You can not ask them at once grin

You insert them in your conversation
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by Lifetitudes(f): 6:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
Makes sense. After a while the guy or girl will start expecting your conversation bullets. lol

Justfollowit:

Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 15, 2015
Justfollowit:

How do you insert "What kind of sex do you like?"

Or "Do you like men or women?" into your conversation? grin grin
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
MzNelly:

Lolz grin

Come on, it would have to be other reasonable questions on the list
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 15, 2015
Lifetitudes:
Makes sense. After a while the guy or girl will start expecting your conversation bullets. lol

Yeah cool
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 15, 2015
Justfollowit:

Lolz grin

Come on, it would have to be other reasonable questions on the list

So some are unreasonable?

Interesting. smiley
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
MzNelly:

Interesting. smiley

You wouldn't want to ask some of the questions on the list lipsrsealed
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 15, 2015
MzNelly:

Interesting. smiley

Besides there are some question you wouldn't need to ask
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by Lifetitudes(f): 6:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
lol

MzNelly:

Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
Justfollowit:

Besides there are some question you wouldn't need to ask

Yeah, I agree.

While others are necessary tho. smiley
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by Slimzjoe(m): 7:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
Mcheew

Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by Lifetitudes(f): 7:53pm On Apr 15, 2015
Really? Thanks for sparing some minutes to upload the rude picture

Slimzjoe:
Mcheew
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by Slimzjoe(m): 7:59pm On Apr 15, 2015
Lifetitudes:
Really? Thanks for sparing some minutes to upload the rude picture

You're. Welcome..... Anytime
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by Missmossy(f): 8:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
Quite a handful of them grin
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by achinaboy(m): 9:48pm On Apr 15, 2015
I don't have time to read all that ,but if u finally meet ur lost rib,i mean if u are really in love,,u will not have time for any question,other than baby or guy,will u marry me?
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by Lifetitudes(f): 10:28pm On Apr 15, 2015
And then when you marry the baby girl or guy and find out they are not as normal as you thought, would love be able to dry your tears? Just asking......

achinaboy:
I don't have time to read all that ,but if u finally meet ur lost rib,i mean if u are really in love,,u will not have time for any question,other than baby or guy,will u marry me?
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by achinaboy(m): 3:07pm On Apr 16, 2015
Lifetitudes:
And then when you marry the baby girl or guy and find out they are not as normal as you thought, would love be able to dry your tears? Just asking......

but what if u aask all those millions of questions,and gets what u thought to be satisfactory answers,and finally says I do,and then after 1 or 2 kids,u finds out that ur confirmed partner is nothing but a fake,,once u left the house they he or she ends up grinding all ur neighbours and doing sall sorts of thing,,??
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by Lifetitudes(f): 3:05pm On Apr 20, 2015
Then you probably didn't listen to all the answers she gave because if you did you would have realized that she had those traits. Asking the questions alone does not guarantee that you will end up with the right person, being able to decipher hidden meanings from the answers the persons gives as well will go a long way in ensuring you marry the best person for you.
achinaboy:

but what if u aask all those millions of questions,and gets what u thought to be satisfactory answers,and finally says I do,and then after 1 or 2 kids,u finds out that ur confirmed partner is nothing but a fake,,once u left the house they he or she ends up grinding all ur neighbours and doing sall sorts of thing,,??
Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by achinaboy(m): 9:41pm On Apr 20, 2015
Lifetitudes:
Then you probably didn't listen to all the answers she gave because if you did you would have realized that she had those traits. Asking the questions alone does not guarantee that you will end up with the right person, being able to decipher hidden meanings from the answers the persons gives as well will go a long way in ensuring you marry the best person for you.
emmm,ok

Re: Questions To Ask Before You Say I DO.. by SarcasticMe(m): 9:48pm On Apr 20, 2015
OP, na interview?

(1) (Reply)

His Mom Is Concerned because She Hasn't Seen Him Talking To A Woman / 10 Valid Reasons You Should Get Married In Your 30s, Not Your 20s / 10 Signs You're Overtly Addicted To Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.